test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game Already Dead on PS4

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    That was Slartibartfast's greatest achievement. (HGTTG)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • tholian#5837 tholian Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I play on PS4 and haven't really noticed if the game is dead or not. Seems to always be players in sector space and the 8472 space battle zone. Plus every few minutes, some random persons name flashes across my screen that they got their choice of a certain ship.

I do know the turn rate bug has made piloting ships extremely frustrating. Maybe that has made some people stop playing until there is a patch?
  • stickystickstickystick Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    As a PS4 player I'm getting really tired of the whiny threads console players are posting. Sure there are a few bugs but my god people it is not the end of the world. As a long time player of both DCUO and Elder Scrolls online I can tell you this game is in no way worse then either one of those games. And it is less buggy then The Elder Scrolls for sure.
    As for the population, OP you have no idea what you are talking about. Event queue's pop quick, all areas are populated and deep space encounters are always full of people. Maybe you should stop whining and go play something else.

Are you kidding?

You compare this bug infested game to two games that have had possibly the best mmorpg launches on any platform compared to this game and many others?

Get the heck outta here..

I'm going to be very straight forward here, and may sound harsh, but it is all for the sake of enlightening certain people out there.

This game have nothing on ESO or DCUO.

If you've been experiencing issues on those two games, it is down to your internet connection and/or NAT type.

How many updates with serious bug fixes have this game received on the PC for the past 6 years compared to the two games you mentioned? Hardly anything in comparison.

DCUO and ESO still receive regular updates with fixes on both consoles and on the PC, and there are hardly any bugs in them. The few bugs are possible to do a work-around for, and if not, they usually get fixed rather fast, even on the consoles.

At launch, DCUO received more patches than most games receive in the first entire year. The same with ESO pretty much.

This game? Been out for what, 5 weeks now? Every single time they did a patch, it made things worse and added more bugs.

They're really fast when it comes to releasing C-store content however. I guess that's part of being bought up by the worlds most greedy f2p publisher. I mean, PWE -is- Chinese, after all.

I'd love to see their financial reports after the first year after buying Cryptic.

If you want to know how they performed under ATARI: http://www.pcgamer.com/atari-to-sell-cryptic-studios/

With Champions Online getting slammed in the media, and now STO for their blatant lies to the console communities, i see a short lived future for this title on the consoles.

The only title they may have working in their favor right now is Neverwinter Online. But even then, that game has its share of issues and the total disrespect towards the community in not bothering to handle the currency sellers issue.

If you think that highly of PWE and Cryptic, i advise you to get more information before you slam other posters for complaining about this game and the bugs that infest it.

I also realise that Cryptic isn't the master, they are the slaves that do PWE's bidding, but even so, previous track records show that they aren't the most competent bunch. Hence ATARI decided to put Cryptic up for sale.

Before you have a go at me. I have played probably every single mmorpg ever released on the western and asian market throughout the years (Started gaming online the day it was even possible!).

This person has the right idea and i couldn't agree more: http://www.reaxxion.com/6900/how-star-trek-online-is-boldly-ripping-off-its-players

Now, before i get either a warning or a ban, i have made a copy of this entry and i'll publish it to other online gaming media websites as well. It's time that people removed their blindfolds, and open their eyes to the truth.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,117 Arc User
    Actually that seems to be the MO of the whole reaxxion website. This article is one of the lesser examples of inaccuracies, exaggerations and outright bs on there. (Add a severe case of victim complex and a good helping of conspiracy theories, and yes, they called that people would say that in their GamerGate section)
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »
    Actually that seems to be the MO of the whole reaxxion website. This article is one of the lesser examples of inaccuracies, exaggerations and outright bs on there. (Add a severe case of victim complex and a good helping of conspiracy theories, and yes, they called that people would say that in their GamerGate section)
    So it's basically a digital tabloid?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    so I went I to the game to see how the population is looking. Only four full instances running with 30 people each. Basically less than 200 people on period. Yikes. After launch there were a decent amount of full instances running.

Welcome to STO! And the forums! Did you know that counting instances and player counting while in-game is a time honored tradition? The PC players have been doing that for the entirety of the game's 6 year existence! I am excited to see the same tradition and legacy upheld by our console playing descendants.
    It has been proven conclusively with this method that not only is this game doomed, it's been dead for years. The only reason it hasn't closed down is because the devs can't accept the truth, and have very healthy organs to donate.

Yep - the PC version was declared dead long ago - so dead in fact that PWE has continued to invest in the game (hiring Star Trek actors to reprise their roles for VO work); and it's received 3 expansions and still sees regular content updates. I guess PWE just likes throwing money away. ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • mjohnson75mjohnson75 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    The reason why the game "seems" like it is dead is because of lack of content currently. No doff system, no r and d system, no REAL way to build your ship how you want to.(other than grinding out mission rewards). Went into a Tholian alert the other day and the amount of rainbow boats were ridiculous. I actually like the ps4 version but due to its current barebone state I really see no reason to play it over the PC version(despite the fact that it runs much smoother on my ps4 lol). Also the inability to sit in your captain's chair or visit the lower decks of your ships are quite annoying(Though admittedly this is more a vanity thing than anything)
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/6Zwj7vN.jpg[/img]
  • hellcatx805#4438 hellcatx805 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    You clearly have not played ESO then sticky so you get outta here. Economy breaking exploits, people being kicked out of groups randomly, constant blue screening in Imperial city. And I mean whole groups of people. Must be everybody's router though right? And DCUO is better now but I remember a time when almost every Saturday night the servers crashed. I'll say it again. 5 weeks in and this game is no worse then those games were. Maybe you should know what you are actually talking about before you jump on someone else.
    And do a quick forum check to see how the lag is on ESO.
    And server roll backs lol. But hardly any bugs there though.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,272 Arc User
    Come back to PC...we MISSED you...or NOT egg-4.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    Sooooo dead. Guys, how many of you that have posted your memes and snarky comments here are even playing on PS4? Like, none? I'm shocked.

Here the thing - when you view instances - it's ONLY for that map. IE there were 160 users across 4 instances of ESD. That doesn't show you all the instances of the Alpha Quadrant map, Beta Quadrant map, Sol System map, Fed Academy map, etc - not to mention players in the PvE queues, or running story missions, etc.

In other words - basing that 'the game is dead' on the snapshot of one map - yeah, not much to go on there.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • umformtechnik#9538 umformtechnik Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Sooooo dead. Guys, how many of you that have posted your memes and snarky comments here are even playing on PS4? Like, none? I'm shocked.

Here the thing - when you view instances - it's ONLY for that map. IE there were 160 users across 4 instances of ESD. That doesn't show you all the instances of the Alpha Quadrant map, Beta Quadrant map, Sol System map, Fed Academy map, etc - not to mention players in the PvE queues, or running story missions, etc.

In other words - basing that 'the game is dead' on the snapshot of one map - yeah, not much to go on there.

yes and no. yes, one single instance does not tell you how many people play the game. but it can be indicative.

for example, ESD happens to be the largest social hub this particular game has. if there are 50 instances of ESD one year(on average, not just one single day or week) and only 5 instances the next year(again on average, not one single day or week), then that is a pretty good evidence the game's overall population has gone down.

now im not saying the OP is right, but you also cant outright dismiss their view. ESD instances can be representative if viewed on average and over time.
  • bonzodog01bonzodog01 Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    The sector Space for the Beta Quadrant has by far the best average for player count. Go see how many instances there are of that - theres normally at least 15 on XBox even on a slow night, going upto 25 when it gets busy. I would average player count for the XBox server at around 1500 - 2000 players.
    XBox One - NFV Rylon - T6 Kolasi Siege Destroyer
    British Imperial Armada
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    The other mmo i play sometimes is black desert online. Their paymodel is so much worse than STO. $30 for a costume with barely any customization, and it is locked to a single character.

Mounts? $5 to unlearn a skill if your horse got one you don't like, then get a new random one, hope for better luck or shell out another $5. Over and over until you get the one you want.

Want a pet? Those are $11, but for a good pet, gotta gamble. Buy two bad pets and breed them, killing both permanently, but getting one that is hopefully better (random, so might not be). There are four tiers of pet, it takes a minimum of three breedings to get a tier 4, often more than that. Again, if your pet got an ability you don't like, or it doesn't look the way you want, back to the cash shop until you get lucky. easy to spend a few hundred getting good pets.

they have a "please don't call our value pack a subscription" which is $15/month. unlike STO it removes all bonuses when it expires. inventory slots? Gone. Changed the color of your gear? Reverted. etc.

To permanently.change the appearance of one character costs $10. To permanently change gear color, you gotta buy random dye packs until you get the color you want, at 0.50 per pot of dye, and dye runs out after a while.

If you craft a costume in game, to wear it as a costume (instead of as armor, but with no defensive stats) costs $10.

Anyone who thinks STOs paymodel is a ripoff needs to try a few asian grinders. heh.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    As a PS4 player I'm getting really tired of the whiny threads console players are posting. Sure there are a few bugs but my god people it is not the end of the world. As a long time player of both DCUO and Elder Scrolls online I can tell you this game is in no way worse then either one of those games. And it is less buggy then The Elder Scrolls for sure.
    As for the population, OP you have no idea what you are talking about. Event queue's pop quick, all areas are populated and deep space encounters are always full of people. Maybe you should stop whining and go play something else.

Are you kidding?

You compare this bug infested game to two games that have had possibly the best mmorpg launches on any platform compared to this game and many others?

Get the heck outta here..

I'm going to be very straight forward here, and may sound harsh, but it is all for the sake of enlightening certain people out there.

This game have nothing on ESO or DCUO.

If you've been experiencing issues on those two games, it is down to your internet connection and/or NAT type.

How many updates with serious bug fixes have this game received on the PC for the past 6 years compared to the two games you mentioned? Hardly anything in comparison.

DCUO and ESO still receive regular updates with fixes on both consoles and on the PC, and there are hardly any bugs in them. The few bugs are possible to do a work-around for, and if not, they usually get fixed rather fast, even on the consoles.

At launch, DCUO received more patches than most games receive in the first entire year. The same with ESO pretty much.

This game? Been out for what, 5 weeks now? Every single time they did a patch, it made things worse and added more bugs.

They're really fast when it comes to releasing C-store content however. I guess that's part of being bought up by the worlds most greedy f2p publisher. I mean, PWE -is- Chinese, after all.

I'd love to see their financial reports after the first year after buying Cryptic.

If you want to know how they performed under ATARI: http://www.pcgamer.com/atari-to-sell-cryptic-studios/

With Champions Online getting slammed in the media, and now STO for their blatant lies to the console communities, i see a short lived future for this title on the consoles.

The only title they may have working in their favor right now is Neverwinter Online. But even then, that game has its share of issues and the total disrespect towards the community in not bothering to handle the currency sellers issue.

If you think that highly of PWE and Cryptic, i advise you to get more information before you slam other posters for complaining about this game and the bugs that infest it.

I also realise that Cryptic isn't the master, they are the slaves that do PWE's bidding, but even so, previous track records show that they aren't the most competent bunch. Hence ATARI decided to put Cryptic up for sale.

Before you have a go at me. I have played probably every single mmorpg ever released on the western and asian market throughout the years (Started gaming online the day it was even possible!).

This person has the right idea and i couldn't agree more: http://www.reaxxion.com/6900/how-star-trek-online-is-boldly-ripping-off-its-players

Now, before i get either a warning or a ban, i have made a copy of this entry and i'll publish it to other online gaming media websites as well. It's time that people removed their blindfolds, and open their eyes to the truth.

Do you even play those games?!? DCUO only recently go their act together and ESO is still a hot bloody mess. What you posted leads me to not believe you played those games and that the whole you played every single MMORPG is also a lie because if you played asian ones, you would realize how much of a godsend the paymodel STO has is.
    So often I hear claims other games are better in some way, and then you turn to their forums and you can easily get the impression everyone thinks it's unacceptably bad.

In the far future, when we have tarmaced the last bits of nature, people will have replaced the saying: "The grass is always greener on the other side" with: "The other MMO always has less problems."
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • nekofury86nekofury86 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    You should be happy, console finally has a decent game... sure with a horrible support team that hasn't fixed nearly 7 year old bugs, and sure it has a horribly greedy Chinese company now that cares about nothing more than how much money you'll give them. However, you're a console owner, and as a proud member of the Master Race I am happy to say, you deserve nothing more than the brown stuff I leave behind in the bathroom everyday.
    Post edited by nekofury86 on
  • kjfettkjfett Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    nekofury86 wrote: »
    You should be happy, console finally has a decent game... sure with a horrible support team that hasn't fixed nearly 7 year old bugs, and sure it has a horribly greedy Chinese developer now that cares about nothing more than how much money you'll give them. However, you're a console owner, and as a proud member of the Master Race I am happy to say, you deserve nothing more than the brown stuff I leave behind in the bathroom everyday.

Interesting. Last I checked, California was still a part of the United States. I wasn't aware that they had left the Union.

Anyway, if you feel that way...what are you doing here?
    kjfett_14091.jpg
    kjfett wrote: »
    You should be happy, console finally has a decent game... sure with a horrible support team that hasn't fixed nearly 7 year old bugs, and sure it has a horribly greedy Chinese developer now that cares about nothing more than how much money you'll give them. However, you're a console owner, and as a proud member of the Master Race I am happy to say, you deserve nothing more than the brown stuff I leave behind in the bathroom everyday.

Interesting. Last I checked, California was still a part of the United States. I wasn't aware that they had left the Union.

Last I checked PWE is owned by the Chinese... interesting. I'm here as a Star Trek fan, not as anything else, don't question me, just accept it.
    Here, a quote from Google since you don't know how to use it.

Perfect World is a China-based video game company specializing in MMORPGs. Perfect World was founded in 2004 by Chi Yufeng, the president of Human Software Corporation.
    PWE isn't the developer. Alos... how is PWE more greedy than Blizzard?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    or EA *cough*battlefront*cough​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    PWE isn't the developer. Alos... how is PWE more greedy than Blizzard?

Who said anything about Blizzard? Also, Blizzard isn't selling "expansion packs" for $130, $160, $150, also Blizzard isn't selling gear (ships) for $30 a pop, Blizzard also isn't selling simple
    "quality of life" items (bag space) for $4.... the list goes on. I ain't hating, I love STO, and I paid more than most people in the game, and I don't mind, doesn't change the fact that, like almost every other Asian based game, their store items are about 3 times too expensive. Guild Wars 2 700 gems ($10) for an account wide outfit, Black Desert Online $35 for single character outfit, Star Trek Online $30 for a ship restricted to 1 of 3 factions. Again, I'm not complaining, just pointing out. You don't like it? DOn't read it, got something to say, I don't care, PEACE!
    edited October 2016
    Yeah, but you didn't list any of what Blizzard DOES sell... :p Also STO does not sell expansion packs. the store items are packs of ships and stuff related to the expansion but purchase of the pack is not required to play the missions.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • macarthur1961macarthur1961 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Op logs in on a random Thursday, in the middle of the night, during the school year, and proclaims the game is already dead.

I suppose in the 18-23 year old, jobless, not in college, high on Dew and Doritos, category maybe.

The rest of us have work and school and can't be up at 1am playing a game.

So... you think this person is wrong? you think only North Americans play STO? Well, 3.5 years ago they was apx 1 million STO players. At any time of day there was mega people playing as this is an international game. It is STILL an international game, but since only North Americans tolerate less that mediocre performance most of the non N Americans have moved on. And ever since they added ARC launcher and started adding excessive detail, the game population has dwindled to a small tribe primarily made up up a small percentage of the former HUGE N American player base. And this is largely due to Cryptic ignoring the pleas when there WAS lots of players, for them to quit adding new stuff and fix what was there. Many of these bugs have been in STO since before I joined it in Mar, 2012. Now with the new "improvements, they have made it so that many current players can no longer play unless they want to switch to Win 10. So now, a good percentage of the few remaining players are being extorted into purchasing Win 10. Me personally, I will no longer play or promote any Cryptic games as I don't approve of their business practices: such as saying they did not know this would happen. I suspected it and have extremely limited computer tech knowledge. So how COULD they not know.
  • hypnoticbeasthypnoticbeast Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Whether the game is doomed or not I can't say but I do feel STO overall has at least another five years in it.

But yes I think we can safely predict the console side will quietly disappear in no more than a few years. I'd bet $5 against two dead flies it is gone by late 2017 / early 2018.

That outcome was locked in as soon as the console server became a second class release platform with a separate set of servers. It's a matter of cost of ownership over revenue.

Redundant investment of people, money and infrastructure plus no way to join established fleets means less retention or incentive for people to buy virtual assets.

I see a half-hearted marketing play. I'm willing to bet their internal console tech folks are being starved for resources. I also bet they know that and feel no great obligation to go on a "death march".

Remember, there is a reason why they did away with PvP, with faction=specific content, etc. It came down to redundant investments that didn't balance out with revenue.

Dude you sound like you have been following the elections a little to closely my friend. Your hopelessness is showing.

Last I checked PWE is owned by the Chinese... interesting. I'm here as a Star Trek fan, not as anything else, don't question me, just accept it.

Perfect World is a China-based video game company specializing in MMORPGs. Perfect World was founded in 2004 by Chi Yufeng, the president of Human Software Corporation.

The game's developer is called Cryptic studios.

Cryptic Studios is an American video game developer specializing in massively multiplayer online role-playing games. It is headquartered in Los Gatos, California and is a wholly owned Perfect World subsidiary.

PWE is Chinese and they do own Cryptic now, but Cryptic is a US company and always has been. PWE isn't directly involved in Cryptic's business nor do they have anything to do with the game's design.
    kjfett_14091.jpg
  • spiritwalker1969spiritwalker1969 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    OP if that is the case then perhaps you should consider opening up your PS4, scooping out all the technogubbins inside and using the empty box as a hamster house because, following your reasoning for a game release less than 6 weeks old, then that is all your fancy console will be good for when the next gen console is released in a year or 2.

Meanwhile, I will mourn your passing as a member of the wider STO community as I struggle on with my adaptable and upgradable prehistoric PC.
    Op logs in on a random Thursday, in the middle of the night, during the school year, and proclaims the game is already dead.

I suppose in the 18-23 year old, jobless, not in college, high on Dew and Doritos, category maybe.

The rest of us have work and school and can't be up at 1am playing a game.

So... you think this person is wrong? you think only North Americans play STO? Well, 3.5 years ago they was apx 1 million STO players. At any time of day there was mega people playing as this is an international game. It is STILL an international game, but since only North Americans tolerate less that mediocre performance most of the non N Americans have moved on. And ever since they added ARC launcher and started adding excessive detail, the game population has dwindled to a small tribe primarily made up up a small percentage of the former HUGE N American player base. And this is largely due to Cryptic ignoring the pleas when there WAS lots of players, for them to quit adding new stuff and fix what was there. Many of these bugs have been in STO since before I joined it in Mar, 2012. Now with the new "improvements, they have made it so that many current players can no longer play unless they want to switch to Win 10. So now, a good percentage of the few remaining players are being extorted into purchasing Win 10. Me personally, I will no longer play or promote any Cryptic games as I don't approve of their business practices: such as saying they did not know this would happen. I suspected it and have extremely limited computer tech knowledge. So how COULD they not know.

You crack me up! He posted around 1am CST. That puts the prime game times in the middle of the #$%#$% Pacific Ocean! Understanding that a game isn't seeing many players at that time isn't "Merica elitism". It's simple Geography.

As for the history of the game...I've been around since the beginning and even followed the game before Cryptic bought it and we all thought it might end up vaporware. There was NEVER 1 million STO players. Ever. Neverever. Consider that even as far back as 2012, Steam was only reporting peaks of 3K players. http://steamcharts.com/app/9900#All Oh...look actual proof to back my statement.

They are not forcing players to switch to Windows 10. Clearly you don't have any computer tech knowledge so at least you admit that. I do have extensive computer tech knowledge.

Yeah, they got bugs...you won't find anyone around here to argue that point, but even a blind squirrel will occasionally find a nut so you go that going for you.

kjfett_14091.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User

Cryptic Studios is an American video game developer specializing in massively multiplayer online role-playing games. It is headquartered in Los Gatos, California and is a wholly owned Perfect World subsidiary.

PWE is Chinese and they do own Cryptic now, but Cryptic is a US company and always has been. PWE isn't directly involved in Cryptic's business nor do they have anything to do with the game's design.

PWE is american too​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.

PWE is american too​​

True, I should have said Perfect World rather than PWE as you are correct, there is a difference between the two. PWE is a sister game developer to Cryptic under Perfect World, but also acts as a publisher for Cryptic and Runic Games here in the US.
    kjfett_14091.jpg