test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New T6 ship incoming....

1234689

Comments

  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,330 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    hanover2 wrote: »
    So, wait. I have to buy some piece of a crappy table top game I'll never play, in order to obtain a T6 Sovereign? And it will never be available any other way? Ridiculous.

    That said, I'd at least like to see the stats on this "T6 Command Assault Cruiser".....

    Please don't jump to conclusions. We don't know yet (officially) what Cryptic Plans to do with a T6 Sovereign through in game purchases. Also, while Whizkids might have a promotion, doesn't mean Cryptic itself is ready to release news about the in game T6 Sovereign.

    This is coming from a T5 Fleet Sovereign and a Assault cruiser flyer myself for almost 5 years. I have patience the pride of the fleet :) will get her makeover
    kXx65VK.jpg
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    Just FYI, most of the online sales for these kinds of products are coming from physical stores. CSI and MM that I mentioned in my last post are normal game stores who also sell online, so they will likely have the codes with the ones that they sell even if you buy online from them. You can reach out to their staff to be sure before you order.
  • nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    I have no idea, just what I read.

    But how hard is it to imagine that there's something we aren't considering involved in the process? Perhaps the store has to code or scan something into the sale to activate the "free ship" aspect at the register? Of course no one is rushing to say specifics & spoil their promo, just like they do when one buys a ship upgrade via the console only to learn that it only works on a few "particular" ships. Consider the track record with the of gouging Trek fans, particularly where Cryptic is involved - and they are.

    I definitely wouldn't order one online without more info.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,204 Arc User
    Some of you guys are really digging too deep into this and trying to make out rocket science out of something that's simple.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,481 Arc User
    They are not called 'Cryptic' for their clarity.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,330 Arc User
    Some of you guys are really digging too deep into this and trying to make out rocket science out of something that's simple.

    Hi Warmaker. Can you please clarify this statement. I am being honest here, if you could expand on this comment as i am generally curious as to your thoughts.

    Do you mean a lot of people are jumping to a conclusion about a ship being offered only through third party means which seeing what else might happen, or taking gigantic strides in saying this is how a company is going to offer end game ships now?

    Or is it something else. I would love to hear your thoughts.

    Thank you in advance :)
    kXx65VK.jpg
  • zellkarrathzellkarrath Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    but some people like to complain just because they can......you can buy this for $15, and get some junk with it that you throw away........or you can complain because you can't buy it in game for $30..............hmmmmmmmmm.......

    Theoretically you should be able to get the ship for 15 dollars, but that is unfortunately the msrp for attack wings. From experience, local game stores very rarely follow the msrp prices for products because they need to make a living as well. One of the reasons I've never actually gotten into Attack Wing is because the game stores I visit that tend to carry them charge too much for them. Still, as long as you can get it for below 30 dollars it should be worth it in this case.

  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,204 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    foxman00 wrote: »
    Some of you guys are really digging too deep into this and trying to make out rocket science out of something that's simple.

    Hi Warmaker. Can you please clarify this statement. I am being honest here, if you could expand on this comment as i am generally curious as to your thoughts.

    Do you mean a lot of people are jumping to a conclusion about a ship being offered only through third party means which seeing what else might happen, or taking gigantic strides in saying this is how a company is going to offer end game ships now?

    Or is it something else. I would love to hear your thoughts.

    Thank you in advance :)

    Find a place that sells that Wave 27. I don't care if you walk into a store or look it up in an online store. Ask them or correspond with them if the version of that Star Trek Wave 27 Enterprise they will sell will have a code for Star Trek Online.

    If yes, cool then deal with them and do your preorder or wait until it's actually there.

    If no, then move to someone else until they have what you want.

    If you don't want to do any of that then whatever. Lastly, this isn't the first time Cryptic has a special ship accessed from a non-Cryptic / PWE source. I point out the Mirror Guardian from a while back.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • enog82#0985 enog82 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Question is, will the code work across all platforms, or is it going to be PC/Xbox/PS4 exclusive?
  • imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    Doesn't say. I'd assume the ship would eventually come to console, but until someone at Cryptic says yes or no, I have no idea.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Patience is a virtue.

    that doesn't exits in these fora
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 15,538 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Would be nice to see Eaglemoss do a ship promotion tied into STO too. No idea how feasable that would be, but those Eaglemoss models are superb (though I only currently own one - the USS Equinox).

  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,453 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Would be nice to see Eaglemoss do a ship promotion tied into STO too. No idea how feasable that would be, but those Eaglemoss models are superb (though I only currently own one - the USS Equinox).

    I'd LOVE a Risan Luxury Cruiser or an Avenger or Odyssey
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 15,538 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Would be nice to see Eaglemoss do a ship promotion tied into STO too. No idea how feasable that would be, but those Eaglemoss models are superb (though I only currently own one - the USS Equinox).

    I'd LOVE a Risan Luxury Cruiser or an Avenger or Odyssey

    Well, to be fair the recent 3D printing promotion could likely produce those for you.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,453 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Would be nice to see Eaglemoss do a ship promotion tied into STO too. No idea how feasable that would be, but those Eaglemoss models are superb (though I only currently own one - the USS Equinox).

    I'd LOVE a Risan Luxury Cruiser or an Avenger or Odyssey

    Well, to be fair the recent 3D printing promotion could likely produce those for you.

    hope it won't cost a kidney. >_>
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 15,538 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Would be nice to see Eaglemoss do a ship promotion tied into STO too. No idea how feasable that would be, but those Eaglemoss models are superb (though I only currently own one - the USS Equinox).

    I'd LOVE a Risan Luxury Cruiser or an Avenger or Odyssey

    Well, to be fair the recent 3D printing promotion could likely produce those for you.

    hope it won't cost a kidney. >_>

    You may be disappointed in that case :p
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I have one kidney to spare for a Tal Shiar Adapted Destroyer. The other kidney might get swapped for an Eclipse Intel Cruiser.

    I'd be all over Eaglemoss taking on some of the STO original designs, but ultimately I don't think the market volume is there to make it worth their while..
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Would be nice to see Eaglemoss do a ship promotion tied into STO too. No idea how feasable that would be, but those Eaglemoss models are superb (though I only currently own one - the USS Equinox).
    I'd LOVE a Risan Luxury Cruiser or an Avenger or Odyssey
    Well, to be fair the recent 3D printing promotion could likely produce those for you.
    hope it won't cost a kidney. >_>
    You may be disappointed in that case :p
    Honestly, I'm betting on 100$ or less. maybe around 50.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,453 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    I have one kidney to spare for a Tal Shiar Adapted Destroyer. The other kidney might get swapped for an Eclipse Intel Cruiser.

    I'd be all over Eaglemoss taking on some of the STO original designs, but ultimately I don't think the market volume is there to make it worth their while..

    ~wheels in the dialysis machine for Nikeix~
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • kjfettkjfett Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    kjfett wrote: »
    kjfett wrote: »
    I'm curious as to why it's labeled as a "Command Assault Cruiser". It's not like the other standard T6 ships are named in such a way.

    Because the T5 ship is called an Assault Cruiser as the ship model is used to represent the Sovereign, Majestic, Noble, and Imperial class cruisers. http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assault_Cruiser

    I know that the Sovereign is called an Assault Cruiser. They're calling it Command Assault Cruiser. The Command part is what I'm curious about. Read the rest of my post.

    Sorry, I assumed the fact that they use Command on other ships to indicate that they have Command Boffs...and the fact that I already explained all that in an earlier post would have been obvious. Funny that you suggest I read your post when you failed to read several of mine. :tongue:

    I understood. It's completely obvious that T6 Sovereign will come with Command boff seating seeing as how the box literally says "Command Assault Cruiser". The point that I'm trying to make is that I'm wondering whether or not it will be a true Command ship, whether it will have a full seating (Commander Engineering/Command and comes with inspiration abilities) or a partial seating (like Lt. Commander Universal/Command and does not come with the inspiration mechanic).

    The Command Battlecruisers you linked are true Command ships. They have Command in the name because they have the full seating and the inspiration mechanic. Traditionally, most of the prime canon hero T6 ships (such as Andromeda/T6 Galaxy or Valiant/T6 Defiant) do not come with the full specialization seating or the mechanic. Andromeda is not a fully fledged Command ship because it only comes with Lt. Commander Engineering/Command and no inspiration mechanic. Valiant is not a fully fledged Pilot ship because it only comes with Lt. Commander Tactical/Pilot and no pilot maneuvers.

    Andromeda isn't known as "Command Exploration Cruiser" because it's not a Command ship. It's instead just called "Exploration Cruiser [T6]" in admiralty or "Andromeda Exploration Cruiser" under the C-store.

    Valiant isn't known as "Pilot Tactical Escort" because it's not a Pilot ship. Instead it's just called "Tactical Escort [T6]" in admiralty or "Tactical Escort - Valiant Class" under the C-store.

    I'm just repeating myself at this point. Just because a ship has Command boffs doesn't mean they are true Command ships.

    What I'm curious about is why they're calling the T6 Sovereign as "Command Assault Cruiser" when the name should just be "Assault Cruiser [T6]". This is sorta implying that it will end up being a true fully fledged Command ship just like the ships in your link.

    Like I said before, I'm really doubting it and only think that this is merely just a sneak peak. When it comes out, it's likely that it will be called "Assault Cruiser [T6]" in admiralty or something like "Assault Cruiser - Emperor Class" under the C-store. This is just under the assumption that T6 Sovereign will follow the tradition of other prime hero ships don't get the full treatment. The only other ship to break this tradition was T6 Connie. Maybe it will end up as a true Command ship. Who knows.

    They specifically call it a Command Assault Cruiser. That is a fact.

    Your long explanation about "prime hero" ships is all based on assumptions as they have never said anything to confirm it. It's entirely speculation and even as you point out; there is already an exception.

    I would have to say that we can safely assume it is a Command Assault Cruiser until they come out with any official comments to say otherwise. Until then, your assumptions are baseless and all that typing you did was a waste. :|
    kjfett_14091.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,481 Arc User
    All typing in these Forums are, in reality, a waste. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    Mine is ordered. Wasn't going to do it but the possibility of it being a T6 Sovereign was too much to pass up. :|
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 15,538 Arc User
    "Players will only be able to claim the digital version of the ship for the Star Trek Online game by physically purchasing the expansion at their local game stores"

    That could cause a few problems.....
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Ordered mine, from a brick and morter that also does e-commerce. Only $13 and change out the door. Just in case it becomes hot schitt and sells out quickly. I would guess more people play STO than attack wing, so it bought up by us players more than board game players.
  • chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    kjfett wrote: »
    kjfett wrote: »
    kjfett wrote: »
    I'm curious as to why it's labeled as a "Command Assault Cruiser". It's not like the other standard T6 ships are named in such a way.

    Because the T5 ship is called an Assault Cruiser as the ship model is used to represent the Sovereign, Majestic, Noble, and Imperial class cruisers. http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assault_Cruiser

    I know that the Sovereign is called an Assault Cruiser. They're calling it Command Assault Cruiser. The Command part is what I'm curious about. Read the rest of my post.

    Sorry, I assumed the fact that they use Command on other ships to indicate that they have Command Boffs...and the fact that I already explained all that in an earlier post would have been obvious. Funny that you suggest I read your post when you failed to read several of mine. :tongue:

    I understood. It's completely obvious that T6 Sovereign will come with Command boff seating seeing as how the box literally says "Command Assault Cruiser". The point that I'm trying to make is that I'm wondering whether or not it will be a true Command ship, whether it will have a full seating (Commander Engineering/Command and comes with inspiration abilities) or a partial seating (like Lt. Commander Universal/Command and does not come with the inspiration mechanic).

    The Command Battlecruisers you linked are true Command ships. They have Command in the name because they have the full seating and the inspiration mechanic. Traditionally, most of the prime canon hero T6 ships (such as Andromeda/T6 Galaxy or Valiant/T6 Defiant) do not come with the full specialization seating or the mechanic. Andromeda is not a fully fledged Command ship because it only comes with Lt. Commander Engineering/Command and no inspiration mechanic. Valiant is not a fully fledged Pilot ship because it only comes with Lt. Commander Tactical/Pilot and no pilot maneuvers.

    Andromeda isn't known as "Command Exploration Cruiser" because it's not a Command ship. It's instead just called "Exploration Cruiser [T6]" in admiralty or "Andromeda Exploration Cruiser" under the C-store.

    Valiant isn't known as "Pilot Tactical Escort" because it's not a Pilot ship. Instead it's just called "Tactical Escort [T6]" in admiralty or "Tactical Escort - Valiant Class" under the C-store.

    I'm just repeating myself at this point. Just because a ship has Command boffs doesn't mean they are true Command ships.

    What I'm curious about is why they're calling the T6 Sovereign as "Command Assault Cruiser" when the name should just be "Assault Cruiser [T6]". This is sorta implying that it will end up being a true fully fledged Command ship just like the ships in your link.

    Like I said before, I'm really doubting it and only think that this is merely just a sneak peak. When it comes out, it's likely that it will be called "Assault Cruiser [T6]" in admiralty or something like "Assault Cruiser - Emperor Class" under the C-store. This is just under the assumption that T6 Sovereign will follow the tradition of other prime hero ships don't get the full treatment. The only other ship to break this tradition was T6 Connie. Maybe it will end up as a true Command ship. Who knows.

    They specifically call it a Command Assault Cruiser. That is a fact.

    Your long explanation about "prime hero" ships is all based on assumptions as they have never said anything to confirm it. It's entirely speculation and even as you point out; there is already an exception.

    I would have to say that we can safely assume it is a Command Assault Cruiser until they come out with any official comments to say otherwise. Until then, your assumptions are baseless and all that typing you did was a waste. :|

    @kjfett, I went out of my way to say that I'm agreeing with you. I said it. It's the second sentence.
    It's completely obvious that T6 Sovereign will come with Command boff seating seeing as how the box literally says "Command Assault Cruiser".
    I also say
    What I'm curious about is why they're calling the T6 Sovereign as "Command Assault Cruiser" when the name should just be "Assault Cruiser [T6]". This is sorta implying that it will end up being a true fully fledged Command ship just like the ships in your link.

    I don't know how I can possibly make it more clear that we're both on the same page and I was merely trying to say why I'm curious.
    1. You say that it'll be a Command ship. (Not entirely sure if you're saying it'll be a full one or a partial one, but either way, you say it will have Command boff skills.)
    2. I agree and list reasons on why you're right. I list reasons on why it could potentially be a full Command ship while staying cautious and having doubts so I don't disappoint myself when it comes out. e.g. "wishful thinking".
    3. You tell me that it was a waste to type it.

    dad12fd6.gif~original
    Post edited by chozoelder2nd on
    SP9Pu.gif
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    reyan01 wrote: »
    "Players will only be able to claim the digital version of the ship for the Star Trek Online game by physically purchasing the expansion at their local game stores"

    That could cause a few problems.....

    And seems a bit counter intuitive since all the ships are sold online by numerous retailers including Amazon.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,204 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    "Players will only be able to claim the digital version of the ship for the Star Trek Online game by physically purchasing the expansion at their local game stores"

    That could cause a few problems.....

    This was already discussed. There are a number of physical stores that also sell online. Do a search for Star Trek Attack Wing on Amazon and you'll see numerous results. Hell, even Amazon has a number of small shops that sell on there. But if you want to be doubly sure, you correspond with them and make sure that what you buy has that code. I imagine this can get into Amazon as well and if you want specifics, correspond with the merchant and have that proof before you deal. Because if the deal goes awry, you can go to Amazon with the dispute and proof and you'll get your money back. I had to do this with a transaction on Amazon before and Amazon was very quick on getting me back my $.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 55,676 Community Moderator
    daveyny wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    "Players will only be able to claim the digital version of the ship for the Star Trek Online game by physically purchasing the expansion at their local game stores"

    That could cause a few problems.....

    And seems a bit counter intuitive since all the ships are sold online by numerous retailers including Amazon.

    I have a game store near my place at the Tacoma Mall, Uncle's Games, and they have Star Trek Attack Wing in stock. They also have an Attack Wing event at least once a month. While the community is a bit small, it exists here in Washington. And just about all my Attack Wing ships came from that particular store. While I already have the Ent-E pack from the original release, I do plan on getting the rerelease because A: T6 Sovy code, B: MUCH better paint job over the initial release and most likely more detailed model, and C: Comes with the Dorsal Phaser Array weapon card, which gives a Fed ship with 4 or more Hull points a 360 degree attack at range 1-2. And it is NOT a unique upgrade so you can have as many as you want in your fleet.

    Also... there is the Game Matrix down past 84th Street and I wanna say South Tacoma Way in Tacoma that carries Attack Wing. So anybody in the South Sound here in Washington have some options.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I'm not finding any online pre-order stores can somebody post at least one link to one?

    I checked Electronics Boutique and Amazon.
This discussion has been closed.