smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    ak255 wrote: »
    Still 15+ minutes to complete...
    Nothing has changed...
    Players will still go AFK...

Sets phaser to max setting, points at own head

DON'T!!! * grabs phaser *

I can get 100 EC's on the exchange for it.​​

Yea....with the prices the TOS ships are going for, we need all the EC's we can get, Crashy. >_>;;

~clubs Ak255 with mallet and rummages through his or her pockets~
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    Ah, thanks, i think i have 3 incomplete agony rifles.
    With rewards that crappy i wonder why we still have a 20h cooldown for the runs until the main project is completed.
    Just another admiralty ship single character unlock is totally underwhelming.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Ran it once yesterday on one of my chars.....and it is as annoying as it was last time. 3 players AFK first game. 3 players AFK second game. Finally played match when only 2 players were AFK. But seriously.......almost tempted to just AFK it myself on all ten of my chars just out of protest.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Yep...spent most of the time running away from 50 or so Terran ships blasting at me, while the other team mates were away, doing who knows what. :s
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    Here's an idea Devs: if you don't want to program an auto advance on the mission based on progress, just have the portals spawn at the START location rather then the satellite stations? LOL.....scatter the rats!
  • Options
    blastenblaster1blastenblaster1 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    i see a lot of ppl complaining about do this on multiple toons, wont the rewards past and present be reclaimable on your account from the event reputation store? like the anniversary ships?
  • Options
    i see a lot of ppl complaining about do this on multiple toons, wont the rewards past and present be reclaimable on your account from the event reputation store? like the anniversary ships?

Nope. Only ships are claimable like that as they are account unlock. These events are CHARACTER unlock, so have to be run on every alt.
  • Options
    highlord83highlord83 Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    Would have rather had the shotgun, than an admiralty card (oh, yay!) marks and dil. I get marks and dil in plenty, and cards are meaningless, since by the time you start using them, you have a stable of capable ships to send on missions anyway.

Fail event, Cryptic. An utterly pathetic attempt.
    "So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again."
    -Dedication plaque of the Federation Starship U.S.S. Merkava
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    After thinking on it, I'm thinking I will pass on the event as usual.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    I don't even have to give it a minute's thought, No Thanks not interested in running the mission.

It's a real TRIBBLE when half the team AFKs and I remember all too well what it was like the last time.

I might have run it for a more epic reward, the marks and dilithium are nice, but I get those doing something I enjoy more, The admiralty card, despite it's epicness just isn't incentive enough for me.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Hmm, I know who will be doing this. :p The characters who need marks. :p
    For me that's everyone BUT my main. :p

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Hmm, I know who will be doing this. :p The characters who need marks. :p
    For me that's everyone BUT my main. :p
    Well, now that that's settled. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    Although it's a bit tiresome doing it on 10 chars and it takes a long time (timer, I'm looking at you), I'm having fun. I don't care about people who AFK, more action for me and it's less boring than waiting 3 or 4 minutes for the next phase.
    And I'm not complaining about the reward either. 500k dilithium - money in the bank.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    The worst part about all of this is that there's been a ton of megathreads and feedback both here and on the STO Reddit where Devs tend to hang...and yet...NOTHING. You don't want us to AFK? Fine...give us an incentive! Make it so our actions matter! Time gates and other artifices only fall into the "Playing as Intended"-philosophy which may make it easier for internal metrics but it sucks from a player viewpoint.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    I enjoy massacring the mirror losers, so I don't care whether it "matters" in the big picture. But yes, as I've been saying since the first time this version of mirror incursion went live.... make it so the coffee break is an early mission completion.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    farmallm wrote: »
    After thinking on it, I'm thinking I will pass on the event as usual.

Can I have your marks, pweeze? dino5-2.gif​​

I had some time left of my usual playing time. I went on and did a round of it. For my 1st time ever. The group I was in was a good one. So no issues there. I had a decent idea from the tutorial at the start on what to do. Then I did what I could to help the group. My Ambassador did very well in there. Not one death at all. We completed the entire thing with no health drop on the station.

Best part, I got enough Omega Marks for my Omega outfit from the Omega Rep. Which I was wanting for my Fed main. I enjoyed it with that group. So I may try it again later on. But I doubt I will get far into turning in the 14 required for the big prize.

• Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    I used to love this event but after a few plays it got old and for a admiralty card it isn't worth it and due to your money grab over the t6 connie I will give this game a rest for a while
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    robeasom wrote: »
    I used to love this event but after a few plays it got old and for a admiralty card it isn't worth it and due to your money grab over the t6 connie I will give this game a rest for a while

This is one reason why I won't keep doing it as well. I got what I wanted. Enough marks for my Omega outfit.

• Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Although it's a bit tiresome doing it on 10 chars and it takes a long time (timer, I'm looking at you), I'm having fun. I don't care about people who AFK, more action for me and it's less boring than waiting 3 or 4 minutes for the next phase.
    And I'm not complaining about the reward either. 500k dilithium - money in the bank.
    DWav-001.jpg~original

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User

It's 50k, not 500k. ;)
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    Science magic beats afk fools. I am having fun though, mega well space dusters ftw ;)
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User

It's 50k, not 500k. ;)

50k per alt, they are running 10 alts.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    I still have yet to see an afk person yet, though I have been seeing people dropping the mission before it starts... even with 4 people, we have been acing it...

Now, about that time gate nonsense. At least keep the portals spawning... sometimes we get only 20 portals ot spawn... other times, it is up to 30+.
    At least, if we get more portals we stay busy. Plus if you keep the portals coming, you could increase the bonus rewards on how many are closed.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    tousseau wrote: »
    I still have yet to see an afk person yet, though I have been seeing people dropping the mission before it starts... even with 4 people, we have been acing it...

Now, about that time gate nonsense. At least keep the portals spawning... sometimes we get only 20 portals ot spawn... other times, it is up to 30+.
    At least, if we get more portals we stay busy. Plus if you keep the portals coming, you could increase the bonus rewards on how many are closed.

I've had good teams for my first 3 runs too. So far I'm only doing the event with my AoY captain but I might decide to add 1 or 2 others for the marks.
  • Options
    Yeah, AFKers aren't actually that common here. I have seen at least one, but, not many.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User

It's 50k, not 500k. ;)

Like iamynaught said, I'm counting the total form the 10 toons. It will take some time and eventually becomes a bit boring, but it's still worth it. Obviously that at any time I feel it's more trouble than it's worth, I'll simply stop.

• Options
    kasrakenkasraken Member Posts: 213 Bug Hunter

It will spawn more if you do the engineering points to raise the station's defense stages before clearing too many portals. Most people try to close the portals as fast as possible so that they are not overrun. Thus being efficient leads to long wait times.

As a side note, the difficulty is increased on advanced so if normal is just too easy try advanced. Although the rewards are not much more it should keep you busy in a pick up group (pug), but premade teams with powerful ships will still face-roll advanced.
    MacoShield_zpsus2ux3rw.png
    Operational Support Team
    Squishing Bugs for a better future
  • Options
    wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    Will the card from the previous event be able to be finished? I have run left to go on one of my characters.

They don't seem to allow you to add to any old events. Once the event is over, if you aren't finished - too bad... you can't finish it. Have one toon with 3 or 4 events that haven't been completed.

:(
  • Options
    wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    I wish you would redesign this queue so once a certain number of rifts have been closed, the final phase starts. But I guess we will have to wait for the timer to run out... Not looking forward to all that idle waiting.

More Rifts closed = higher rewards. Think it says that somewhere.

:|