Install Arc
Options

Mirror Invasion Event!

Comments

• Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Mirror Invasion, yay.

At least the reward, this time an Admiralty Card, is an account unlock.

Errrr no it isn't, unless that has been changed.

T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Mirror Invasion, yay.

Oh my... read the entire post. Its true meaning should be obvious..
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Mirror Invasion, yay.

Read it again, lol
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Guess I broke your sarcasm detector. Sorry about that.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    Just when I was thinking I needed some random marks and dil for that UR Mk XIII gear reward I'll be unlocking around mid-September. My non-Fed toons are always a bit short on Eng ships for admiralty, so that's sorta nice. I got through it last year and didn't think it took all that long despite running it on four toons.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    And there should be a Zen charge Bonus and a 20% off Sale on R&D Packs to boot to go along with this.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    captainfelidaecaptainfelidae Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2016
  • Options
    captainfelidaecaptainfelidae Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    An admirality card? :/ woo... I guess... At least I can finish getting those Agony rifles I had slotted on some of my guys that I couldn't be arsed to get lasttime round and get some Undine Marks or something.

• Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I'm thinking of giving this a try to see what's it like. Best time for me is during the Labor Day weekend, which is next week.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    if this really was a sci ship, I'd be excited and tempted to do something stupid. Since it isn't, well... Will seriously try it on maybe couple alts because it's still a relatively easy dil source, and some token effort on the rest.
    ADD: And, yes, account unlocks. Please?
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Think this may be on an alt who needs the marks. The new version of Breach hurt.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    The Mirror Invasion will be returning to Star Trek Online with a brand new reward!

Check out the details for the event here.

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Suggestions:
    1. Remove artificial time gate - mission progresses after x portals have been closed or time limit occurs, whichever comes first
    2. Make rewards account unlocks - this helps prevent burnout, and makes for a more consistent experience across Events
    3. Allow slotting of old projects - this provides an alternative unlock if a player is disinterested in a given reward, and makes for more options when these Events hit your console audience later on

The first two address the underlying reasons for players organizing AFK premades, while the latter provides additional incentive for participation. Thanks for reading.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    sui2ksui2k Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    just .. give us back the old mirror invasion with the old rewards and everyone will be happy
  • Options
    angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    uh.....yay? I need the marks and such. so a couple characters might hit the grinder but you can keep the A.S.S. card. I've really got no use for it.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    @iamynaught
    You didnt break any sarcasm detectors. Its just yours is not that good, dont think so highly of yourself. Written form is not that good to get it across.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Suggestions:
    1. Remove artificial time gate - mission progresses after x portals have been closed or time limit occurs, whichever comes first
    2. Make rewards account unlocks - this helps prevent burnout, and makes for a more consistent experience across Events
    3. Allow slotting of old projects - this provides an alternative unlock if a player is disinterested in a given reward, and makes for more options when these Events hit your console audience later on

The first two address the underlying reasons for players organizing AFK premades, while the latter provides additional incentive for participation. Thanks for reading.

Agreed. Artificial time gates, redundant bound rewards, consistent AFKers drain away from the fun of STO events.

Last year (2015) I did this event on 9 characters for that Agony rifle I believe it was. Still got the spreadsheet of the time indexes. Worst experience ever, was ready to quit half way. Before that it was for the shotgun, and after that was the first Breach event. Trying to maintain more than 1 main character in this game invites grinding yourself out of it altogether. It doesn't have to be this way, and the low end-game content doesn't justify it either.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Hmm, I know who will be doing this. :p The characters who need marks. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Sorry, guys. I'm grateful for all of your hard work, but I probably wouldn't grind out another mirror event if the reward were a playable ISS Stadi.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    mu event? already again?? REALLY?? 'Meh' level reward?? yeah I think I'll pass this time
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    yeah ... Mirror Gal X!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    I'll be doing it... not sure on how many characters yet... my KDF and Rom toons could use the card, plus the marks will be handy...
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    Dear Devs-

Thank you for the Admiralty card.

That said, an Admiralty card can only be applied to the Admiralty system and is a disappointing reward for me. I would have appreciated a doff or weapon.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    Like the last event Breach i think it was i'm passing on this one. This event is slog, its not alt friendly, time gated so cannot alter the time it takes to complete, and again the main reward is Character Bound instead of Account Bound. I'll save the burnout and grief of AFKer's

Now why can't we have Mirror, Breach and Crystal Event rewards unlocked on all Characters if one Character has completed the tour of duty ?. You already starve the KDF and Roms of content and ships (It can be a real struggle outside of event and lobi/lockbox ships for Admiralty missions requiring Sci on KDF and Rom's),

I agree the dil and marks should only be rewarded once a Character has completed the full tour, but there's no reason to make us have to play through our whole Account for the main reward. You changed it for Summer and Winter events why not these ?.
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Dear Devs-

Thank you for the Admiralty card.

That said, an Admiralty card can only be applied to the Admiralty system and is a disappointing reward for me. I would have appreciated a doff or weapon.

An epic bridge officer would be pretty cool, too.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    The Moment i saw "MIRROR" in the Launcher, i felt a Serious Pain in my Brain and Eyes......Mirror + The Breach, the Nightmare of everyone who has more than a Few Characters....like me. Every time they announce one of those Events, everyone, their Mother, Father, Sister, Brother, Dogs and Cats are BEGGING Cryptic to make the Main Reward (NOT DILL AND NOT MARKS!) an Account Wide Unlock, this goes on like forever and EVERY single Time they completly ignore the Playerbase.....For Summer + Winter Event after a Firestorm of angry Players complained about old Ships been Removed from the Event they gave in to a certain degree and made all Event Ships Account Wide Unlocks, that was one of the BEST MOVES EVER.

But now that Time after Time everyone asks them to do the same with the Event Items, they pretend to be Deaf. Blind and Mute......

With now 43 Chars on my Main and 18 Chars on my Alt Account it would be Self Destruction trying to do it with all of them.....do i want the Main Reward? Well yea, iam a collector i like Collecting what i can get, i dont really care for the Marks and the Dill....will i do it? (with all chars?) ONLY if Hell Freezes and Pigs start to Fly around. Like so many other People iam downright BURNED OUT, one Event is chasing the other, most of the Time it is Doable, but Mirror + The Breach are the Negative Exception to that.

I Will do it with exactly ONE Character per Account, so 2 Runs per day and ONLY because i still hope that at one Point someone over at Cryptic with a little bit of Mercy will be like " Well guys, i think we Ignored and Tortured all those Customers long enough, lets be Nice and give them those Account Wide Unlocks for all Event Items allready, so they can be Happy and stop Grinding themselfs into the Hospital"........Hope dies Last but well....lets see.......
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2016
    I might put myself through the grief on two toons, but only because I want easy marks. The crystalline is the only event I do happily. This one and the Breach ones are a though grind.

P.S. Yes, I'm alive. Took a break, but kept up weekly in case one if these annoying exclusive events (Still not agree with them) popped up.
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I might put myself through the grief on two toons, but only because I want easy marks. The crystalline is the only event I do happily. This one and the Breach ones are a though grind.

P.S. Yes, I'm alive. Took a break, but kept up weekly in case one if these annoying exclusive events (Still not agree with them) popped up.

I've been low key, welcome back.

@sgtfloydpepper Interesting idea, that would have been neat.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    i will do it because the queue might actually pop, and for the dil my gear needs upgrading
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    lucho80 wrote: »

You're alive!?!

Awesome, thought the bugs got you...

Welcome back.

P.S. Your comment reminds me of mine that I posted on a previous page, I wholeheartedly agree with you. Now that I have 13 instead of 12 toons (darn Temporal Recruit...) I find myself less willing to endure the mind-numbing slog through a dozen+ Mirror queues. :(