test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mirror Invasion Event!

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
The Mirror Invasion will be returning to Star Trek Online with a brand new reward!

Check out the details for the event here.

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Comments

• Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    Uhh..

Real life stuff...
    Burnout from Temporal event...
    Dissatisfied with current practices...
    13 characters...
    'Shiny' reward is an Admirality card...

I think I'll try two characters, my main and my Temporal Recruit (who needs temporal marks), and see how it goes.

Not a happy camper with this. :/
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Will the card from the previous event be able to be finished? I have run left to go on one of my characters.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Hmm... not really motivated to do this, certainly not on all my toons. Mission takes too long for me.

Fortunately, I don't need the card. Got enough heavy tac ones for the admiralty system already.

Might to it on one or two toons if I can find the motivation, otherwise it won't be a real loss to me if I don't participate in it this time.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    While I appreciate the event being back, a simple non-account-bound admirality card for 14 days of grinding on each character? Really?

I mean, the Breach event also only rewarded a card, but at least, it was the first try at this kind of reward, and by itself the card could give stats around 100 for ENG, TAC and SCI, which pretty much allowed you to complete most admirality assignments.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Another event where we can expect 2 or 3 team members to go afk at the loading screen until it's time to get credit for participating in the mission.

TVhbK7T.gif​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    Another event where we can expect 2 or 3 team members to go afk at the loading screen until it's time to get credit for participating in the mission.​​

Until they remove the artificial TRIBBLE time gates, I am ok with creating premade AFK runs. But otherwise TRIBBLE this event.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    I'm curious as to why the card is labeled as a science ship when it's a Terran Dreadnought.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • Options
    lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Another event where we can expect 2 or 3 team members to go afk at the loading screen until it's time to get credit for participating in the mission.​​
    Do what I do and leave those teams. Tell the other people who are actually participating why you're leaving and advise they do the same. There's absolutely no reason that anyone should stay on a team with people AFK through the whole queue, and those people should not be allowed to reap the rewards of the team mates doing all the work. Leave leave leave.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    lnblade wrote: »
    Another event where we can expect 2 or 3 team members to go afk at the loading screen until it's time to get credit for participating in the mission.
    Do what I do and leave those teams. Tell the other people who are actually participating why you're leaving and advise they do the same. There's absolutely no reason that anyone should stay on a team with people AFK through the whole queue, and those people should not be allowed to reap the rewards of the team mates doing all the work. Leave leave leave.

I usually do, unfortunately then I end up spending more time leaving team after team than I do playing the mission. So, you end up getting screwed over either way.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Not worth the effort. The mission itself is boring as hell and has WAY too much downtime. An admiralty card is just not enough of a reward to waste my time on this and I'm still burnt out from doing AoY stuff. Too soon, Cryptic, too soon.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    lnblade wrote: »

Good idea, but does that star your 30 min cooldown on the mission? I'm tempted to try this after the last event, but would be put off if I had to sit out another 30 min.
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    You know... I really cannot say that I have experienced this AFK phenomenon...
  • Options
    lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Good idea, but does that star your 30 min cooldown on the mission? I'm tempted to try this after the last event, but would be put off if I had to sit out another 30 min.
    It didn't the last time they ran the event. I suppose they could've changed it since then, but usually the only thing they do is a different reward.
  • Options
    Good to know. Wish Cryptic would do something about AFK's.....like no participation = no reward. You sit a run out, you get........nothing!
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited August 2016

Until they remove the artificial **** time gates, I am ok with creating premade AFK runs. But otherwise **** this event.

People are also talking about AFK premades on the reddit thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/4zdyh0/mirror_invasion_event/d6v01sj

I'm guessing that Cryptic will eventually change the mission to make it no longer possible. Or maybe, they'll actually listen and make these rewards account unlocks like people have been requesting. Reading the comments about this event, I'm getting a strong sense of player burnout.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Since this event happens during the 50th Anniversary, here's a reward that could have been cool:
    T6 TOS Mirror Connie.

To make things slightly more equal with the T6 TOS Prime Connie in the R&D pack, Mirror Connie:
    -can only have a mirror hull material
    -doesn't have access to temporal abilities
    -doesn't have access to the refit and purchaseable costumes
    -doesn't come with a TOS bridge by default
    -has a Vic Mignogna sound file playing "THIS IS CAPTAIN KIRK OF THE ISS ENTERPRISE" every time you go in combat

There, that's how you make a more worthwhile reward.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    frtoaster wrote: »

Until they remove the artificial **** time gates, I am ok with creating premade AFK runs. But otherwise **** this event.

I'm guessing that Cryptic will eventually change the mission to make it no longer possible. Or maybe, they'll actually listen and make these rewards account unlocks like people have been requesting. Reading the comments about this event, I'm getting a strong sense of player burnout.

I'd be good with either solution. I can't blame players for feeling burnt out, but I don't see why I should be stuck with holding the bag since I actually get a sense of enjoyment out of playing the mission.

Account-wide unlocks is something many players have been asking for... well... a really long time.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    Gimme the Mirror Standi as a T6 Playable SHIP......or heck, even the skin for my Yamato.....
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Since this event happens during the 50th Anniversary, here's a reward that could have been cool:
    T6 TOS Mirror Connie.

To make things slightly more equal with the T6 TOS Prime Connie in the R&D pack, Mirror Connie:
    -have a Vic Mignogna sound file playing "THIS IS CAPTAIN KIRK OF THE ISS ENTERPRISE" every time you go in combat

I totally agree with this. The TOS I.S.S. Enterprise would have been a great reward for this event. Plus, it could have been the consolation prize for not being able to get the Temporal T6 Connie. Definitely a missed opportunity.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User

The main reward--being the Admiralty Card or the special item associated with the event--needs to be an account-wide unlock, especially if the Devs plan on making the mission fail when the Starbase Hull reaches 0% to discourage AKFers. People with multiple alts cannot always do the mission with each alt. It's too time consuming, especially when the mission is time-gated. These events need to be similar to the way the Summer and Winter Events are done.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Easy pass.

I already have over 100 Admiralty cards on my characters, so yeah, not putting myself through that queue again..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    T6 TOS Mirror Connie.

-has a Vic Mignogna sound file playing "THIS IS CAPTAIN KIRK OF THE ISS ENTERPRISE" every time you go in combat

^ Cryptic needs to hire this person. ;)

I'd be good with either solution. I can't blame players for feeling burnt out, but I don't see why I should be stuck with holding the bag since I actually get a sense of enjoyment out of playing the mission.

Account-wide unlocks is something many players have been asking for... well... a really long time.​​

Oh good lord, yes, WE NEED ACCOUNT-WIDE UNLOCKS!!!!!!
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    The AFKers is a good point, this event really isn't worth doing especially considering the artifically inflated playtime for it. If the reward was something decent maybe.....but just an admiralty card? Thanks but I think I'll pass.

Now if it's changed to move on right away if all the rifts are closed and all the ships are destroyed then maybe, otherwise I have much better things to do with my time than sit around for 10+ minutes with nothing to do waiting for a timer to run out because the enemies all got vaped by our power creep inflated DPS amounts.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    I hate AFKers as much as the next, but in this case, why not? Just fly away and do TRIBBLE missions and local doff missions. The difference in marks is negligible.

I suppose the fact that it's too easy to get interrupted while scanning the portals doesnt help. (Like the Miranda that's 9 k away that shot a single photorp at you...)
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    Like the mirror event, but hope they removed those time gates.
    Was kind of hoping for the breech though since i have that one incomplete on one of my chars with 2-3 days to go.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Mirror Invasion, yay.

At least the reward, this time an Admiralty Card, is an account unlock. So I only need to run this event on one character to unlock it for all my alts. But, I'm looking forward to running this queue on all of my alts of appropriate level anyway. It's super short and not the least bit annoying, so running it 40+ times a day is far from a chore, it's fun.

And it's a good thing that there is a sizable Dil reward since everyone bought up those Dil Store uniforms and are likely running out of Dilithium.

This should also help keep the Dil/Zen market continue going down.

I'm just glad that they are spreading events out a little more now so that we players don't burnout. I would hate to see the days return where an event would end simply to have another start up the very next day. Or even worse, an event begin in the middle of another event.

As far as those people complaining about AFK'ers in this mission, I don't know what you're talking about. I've never seen anybody go AFK in any queue before, especially not one as awesome and beloved as the Mirror Invasion. It's the best event ever and the players love it.

Last but not least, I just want to say a big Thank You to Cryptic. They are in rare form and I look forward to what is coming next.

rolleyes-1.gif

I apologize if I broke any sarcasm detectors out there. Also, this was the first .gif I could find in the extremely short amount of time I bothered looking that wasn't bright farking yellow.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    zellkarrathzellkarrath Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    not a fan of Admiralty ships as rewards like this. Like they help, but they just aren't a very interesting prize.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well there were a few Threads about bringing back Mine Trap for the 50th Anniversary, being that the first show aired ('The Man Trap') had the Salt Vampire. It could have been updated and made a 5-person PVE Queue. The Award could have been something TOS related. I had foolishly speculated that they could give out the T6 TOS Constitution, you know being the 50th and every one being in a celebratory mood and all that nonsense. Never thought that they would toss it into an R&D Box, for maximum profit. Well now I know better.

Instead we get the Mirror Invasion!!! Hopefully, they may still have some Event 50th Anniversary based. Of course the Calendar never would tell you that. We didn't even know about this until the day before. Too much is being kept close to the vest with all announcements these days. And this new tendency to give out Admiralty Cards instead of a Doff, Weapon, Kit Module, or something. But I guess there is less need to test out an Admiralty Card and no likelihood that some aspect of the prize would have a bug.

Three or four characters through this at most for me. These are just too long to push everyone through. The Crystalline Event is the best for alt friendliness. And even after all the complaints about down time and dead time in this Queue they don't address that at all. Must need a certain number of minutes running time for the Metrics.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    I wish you would redesign this queue so once a certain number of rifts have been closed, the final phase starts. But I guess we will have to wait for the timer to run out... Not looking forward to all that idle waiting.