test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So I report a problem and Cryptic shuts down the discussion

I come back to see if someone has suggested a work around and surprise, surprise, the discussion is closed. Let me be perfectly clear, if I can't get a resolution from the people who should give me one, I will seek one from CBS, who holds your license. I will also take other actions to get you to support your product. I have about $500 tied up in this game and thousands of hours of game play. I also happen to have a lot of spare time. Time that you don't want me to use working on getting you to do what you should be doing.

All I am asking for is a solution to your problem. I didn't write the code, I didn't contract with a new server farm, I didn't create the content. All I do is play the game. Getting ejected for no apparent reason at random intervals is not entertaining. Having your discussion closed because you don't want to talk about it isn't entertaining either. Do your job and fix this.

Comments

• Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Is that an ultimatum I see?

IBTL
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    knightnblu wrote: »
    All I am asking for is a solution to your problem. I didn't write the code, I didn't contract with a new server farm, I didn't create the content.

Why haven't you tried those things?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I also happen to have a lot of spare time.

nZosz0.gif
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    I wonder why the "discussion" has been closed...
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    probably because it was posted in the wrong subforum...seriously, that announcement at the top of general discussion saying 'DO NOT POST BUGS HERE' isn't there for sh.its and giggles​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well we can't help if you don't state the problem and set the Thread Subject as you've had. The latter is a magnet for Moderators to do what you are complaining about.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ...a few simple clicks and tadaaa...the comparison was most likely... how should I put it, way below your pay grade, and cryptic's waistline.

/IBTL

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,325 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    @knightnblu

I can guarantee that this topic will be closed as well since discussing moderating is not allowed.
    Without being able to read the topic/bug report there is not a lot i or anyone else can say on the matter.

Topics tend to be removed when multiple topics on the subject exist, if it throws an exploit in the open or otherwise goes against the TOS. Again, without the topic there is nothing anybody can say on the matter.

Heated topics such as this are usually short lived though.

Edit: following the link provided above i would say that the topic was closed because it mentioned a certain narcotic.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    I come back to see if someone has suggested a work around and surprise, surprise, the discussion is closed. Let me be perfectly clear, if I can't get a resolution from the people who should give me one, I will seek one from CBS, who holds your license. I will also take other actions to get you to support your product. I have about $500 tied up in this game and thousands of hours of game play. I also happen to have a lot of spare time. Time that you don't want me to use working on getting you to do what you should be doing.

All I am asking for is a solution to your problem. I didn't write the code, I didn't contract with a new server farm, I didn't create the content. All I do is play the game. Getting ejected for no apparent reason at random intervals is not entertaining. Having your discussion closed because you don't want to talk about it isn't entertaining either. Do your job and fix this.

Get off your High Horse.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    High horse... Hehe...he (Beavis & Butthead in mind)

On a serious note, just because there are connection issues, doesn't mean that cryptic is the first to blame for it. Anyone with a limited amount of knowledge about network infrastructure will raise their eyebrows, especially while being confronted with such a low level of communication skills.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,026 Community Moderator
    Ok... threatening the company for connection issues when other people are not having the same issue is not going to work. Especially when you try and claim to have put x amount of money into the game. No amount makes you a special person. You are NOT entitled to special treatment.

It is possible that the problem is your ISP or somewhere between you and the server. NOT Cryptic itself.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    You are NOT entitled to special treatment.

Given the behaviour of many folks on these forums I think it would be a great idea to prominently display this message on the login screen

yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    puckerbrushpuckerbrush Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    gazurtoid wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »
    You are NOT entitled to special treatment.

Given the behaviour of many folks on these forums I think it would be a great idea to prominently display this message on the login screen

But as they are special snowflakes such a message would not apply.
    M6SiKbG.gif
    Please spay and neuter your Caitians
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    @knightnblu
    Get over yourself.
  • Options
    omega6theta1omega6theta1 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    So.... you are getting disconnected and I'm not, Yea sounds like cryptic's problem all the way, and yea complain to CBS, I'm sure they need a good laugh.
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    Let me be perfectly clear, if I can't get a resolution from the people who should give me one, I will seek one from CBS, who holds your license. I will also take other actions to get you to support your product.

Threatening legal action is basically a guaranteed way in MMOs to get your account permanently banned.

Also, get over yourself. You aren't that important. In terms of the amount of money STO is making Cryptic and CBS, you aren't even a blip.

♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    A whole US $500.00 tied up in this game? And for such a piddly amount you expect people to drop everything and accede to your demands?

BWAHAHAHAHAH!

When you've spent half as much as I have over the years, then you're entitled to be noticed.

"spare time"? Really? You're threatening people who recently nerfed the Contraband reset from four hours to twenty with the fact you'll be hanging around a lot more?

Again - BWAHAHAHAHAH!

Next, you'll be threatening the rest of us by telling us you're filing a report with the Internet Police. Please stop.
    You're killing me. I haven't laughed this hard at someone acting foolish in a very long time.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    *Pulls a "Trump" and refuses to release his bank statements...*
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    OP, instead of posting a thread on the Forum, you should contact support. No one in the position or with the interest to do anything about it or to assist you in determining the cause of the problems will be reading the General Discussion section of the Forum to check whether you might be experiencing any.

And if you do contact support, they will probably require more technical details. Just saying that you are experiencing problems won't help them much. Nor will it help anyone to describe the problems as you did in your previous thread.
  • Options
    Probably yeah. The Borg seemed quite happy. Never heard any complaints coming from them.

• Options
    Liberated Borg of course. The Queen and the rest of the Collective might actually decide to support the OP.
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    I will say that I have never really experienced a positive customer support event from this game, usually get canned text, and never see nor hear anything else. I would say its definately an area of improvement for Cryptic/PWE.

That being said, threatening action in the forums doesnt get productive action. TBH, not sure what really would, doesnt seem that the nervous system has much sensitivity, at least in that area.

If its that big enough problem to a person , one should probably find something else to do instead.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Kidding aside, the few times I've contacted Support over the years, they've been helpful as long as I was able to accurately describe the problem. Cryptic does not own the server farm nor the ISP. So snapping at them about things they cannot control is not helpful.

Some basic things I do to reduce/remove any problems which may be coming from my end.
    - Restart my computer fully and afterwards reconnect to the Internet.
    - Check my Task Manager to make sure I have only the minimum required apps running in the background (AV and the like).
    - Check my Task Manager to make sure it is set so STO is the first priority.
    - Clear my browser of all the junk which gets deposited there. 500+ MB of cookies and such can really bog down a CPU.
    - Reduce the graphic settings in the game to a level where everything onscreen moves smoothly.
    Even at lowest levels, this is still a very pretty game.
    - Check to make sure only the minimum bandwidth is being used around my house when I am going to play STO.
    If my wife is watching Netflix and playing Pokemon GO on her phone at the same time, I am going to have problems.
    - Defragment my HDD. You'd be surprised at some of the places STO files wind up in there.
    - I have twice now uninstalled and reinstalled the game completely. Both times because the game files were corrupted and Force Verify did not solve the problems I was having.

That last one is a bit hardcore. I'd recommend using it only if nothing else works. Lastly, some days everyone's ISP is Lag Central. No matter where you are or what type of connection you have. I have learned there are times whne everyone else on the planet is on the Internet and my request to play STO just isn't as important to them. Sucks but I track the times and try not to login when this is going on.
    Post edited by thunderfoot#5163 on
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    OMG!! The CBS license is in jeopardy!! .... NOT! :P Seriously, though, please contact CBS, and tell them that you, a player of a game, didn't get support; and let us know what they said: we could all do with a good laugh!

And ultimatums? Really?! What are you, 5?!

Oh, and inb4lock.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
This discussion has been closed.