test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will Shatner make it into STO for the 50Th?

Comments

• Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    No
    iconians wrote: »
    farmallm wrote: »
    I highly doubt it, plus they didn't even render him. For the AOY part where you had to patch him up. So you know its bad if they won't even show him.

Its sad that is for sure. I would love to see him somewhere in the game. Now if we can get Sisko, Janeway or Picard into the game. At least some of their crew.

It's funny how nobody ever mentions the Enterprise NX-01 crew. How many "Lets get Travis Mayweather into STO" threads have there been?

Yes of course bring them in too. I can see Archer being used for a story arc as well.

Scott Bakula in STO would be a leap of quantum proportions.​​

It would been good to see him in the "Future Proof" arc. There is hope to see him in the future. As I don't think we are done with the Temporal War.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Don't care
    I highly doubt it, plus they didn't even render him. For the AOY part where you had to patch him up. So you know its bad if they won't even show him.

Its sad that is for sure. I would love to see him somewhere in the game. Now if we can get Sisko, Janeway or Picard into the game. At least some of their crew.
    It's funny how nobody ever mentions the Enterprise NX-01 crew. How many "Lets get Travis Mayweather into STO" threads have there been?
    Yes of course bring them in too. I can see Archer being used for a story arc as well.
    Scott Bakula in STO would be a leap of quantum proportions.​​
    But in what time? There are so many to choose from. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    No

Scott Bakula in STO would be a leap of quantum proportions.
    But in what time? There are so many to choose from. :p

It's all relative.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    No
    No
    because shatners ego is the second biggest thing orbiting the sun.
  • Options
    Don't care
    For Trek stars we haven't seen yet..... I'd go with Karl Urban.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    No
    I wouldn't mind seeing
    Idris Elba as Balthazar Edison from the Prime Universe

The character would fit in well with the "Captain Death, Slayer of Billions" narrative STO has going for it.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    No
    I would have liked to see Vic Mignogna of "Star Trek Continues" to take the vo role of Kirk. He doesn't sound alot like Kirk but at least he got the mannerisms down and at this point I just want to play a mission with Kirk in it so they could hire the janitor to do the part and I'd be fine with it.
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,062 Community Moderator
    No

Karl Urban as McCoy! Question is... which one? Prime or Kelvin?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    No
    I could see someone at CBS asking if he's interested, that is if they think it might boost their cut of the MMO take.
    If it came from that direction, he might consider it.
    I actually don't think it'll ever happen, but I've been wrong before about many things.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Yes
    hanover2 wrote: »
    He would have to work for what he likely considers peanuts, as well as accept that he is only the central character for whatever minimal new content involved him. Last time I was aware of him being convinced to accept such a proposition was in some marginal Bethesda PS2 game, in which he only narrated (as opposed to voicing an on-screen character), and really just sounded terribly bored and disinterested the whole time.

Found it! "Star Trek Encounters".

That's the impression I got from Denise Crosby. Just 'phoned it in'. Or she's a real bad voice actor.

If Shatner doesn't want to do STO, give him some Denny Crane lines that would work for STO, and tell him it's for a Boston Legal game. ;)
  • Options
    Don't care
    Enh.. go back and watch her on TV. She doesn't always remember to emote when the character is talking.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    No
    Give Shatner a big enough paycheck and watch just how easily he forgets about the bad blood between him and PWE/Cryptic.

That being said, I don't think they're willing to pay Shatner's fees, which likely includes financial reparations for their Twitter history.

I agree on getting Chris Pine, however. Since the JJ Abrams films are the superior Star Trek films, and Chris Pine is a superior Kirk to Shatner.

You seriously trying out for a head position in Starfleet Dental? Mx4Vj8T.png

I'm too cheap to pay Richard Kyanka to use his forums.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    Don't care
    I highly doubt Shatner is going to do it.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    ricardo58ricardo58 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    No
    Let's get Patrick Stewart in here and bankrupt Cryptic :D
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    No
    I don't think he will. Shatner has, for the most part, put Trek behind him.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,334 Arc User
    No
    I can only say that i hope that Shatner never gets anywhere near STO.

That man has no talent, has an ego which is only surpassed by his belly and will probably insist on top dollar as payment just because he fumbled his way through the original series.

Just save the cash and don't use an actor with no talent like Shatner
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    No
    coolbatman wrote: »
    might have a problem with vic tho, he might have to be in the screen actors guild......

Doesn't it count that Vic's voice is already a part of STO?
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    No
    azrael605 wrote: »
    He won't be here because he doesn't want to be.

Yup. That's been his stance on it when asked from time to time.

/thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    No
    I think none should bring back old Kirk from his last resting place

Picard burried him under a pile of rocks...

after Picard digged Kirk out of another (much larger) pile of rocks

that which killed Kirk at the first place

if we keep doing that

we are gornna run out of rocks

edit , and that was the second time Kirk died... so come on let the man be dead LOL

Mzd8i1c.gif
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    Don't care
    @reyan01 Oh beyond was fantastic. Top 5 ST movies for me. Simon Pegg nailed it.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    No

I support this 100%.
  • Options
    xanderkentxanderkent Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Yes
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Shatner won't do STO cause Branflakes pissed him off.

I think Shatner is a bit over idolized imo, especially considering how he can behave, and that opinion has little to do with his refusal or dispute at that time. And further care less due to his character being the least professional captain in my opinion as well. I respect opinions that differ from mine on that, but simply how I feel about it, indifferent.

He is over idolized but that because he's Captain Kirk, not William Shatner. Note now for the record that I respect your opinion and will agree to disagree.

Captain Kirk went around the galaxy beaming down to plants, attacking the natives, bedding their women and destroying their gods, patting himself on the back for a job well done and leaving. The Prime Directive was nothing more than a suggestion to him. That's why he's my favorite Captain. Too bad the star ship Enterprise wasn't the Pirate ship Enterprise. Captain Kirk loved the booty! I would love to see The Shat come to STO.
    If you set a man a fire he will be warm for a night. If you a man on fire he will be warm for the rest of his life.