test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will Shatner make it into STO for the 50Th?

spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
Will they get Shatner into the game for a special mission on September 8th? Make your guesses!

Will Shatner make it into STO for the 50Th? 163 votes

Yes
13%
trygvar13starguardsmanvengefuldjinndracounguisksathra2galattnirvanacnlordgyorraiggedevilkiller98xanderkentnanomanxreafisjohnnymo1captainperkinsdarkendalejhoengenaxegaijin13mckurland91hmkc 22 votes
No
69%
jarfarucomrademocoikonn#1068alethkiraencommanderkassyflumfladymyajhaes5001acolyte5sarreousoldravenman3025shurato2099alexraptorrlatiasracermustrumridcully0crypticarmsmandaveynylucianazetareyan01nabreeki 113 votes
Don't care
17%
talonxvthecosmic1jodarkriderr5e4w3q2allyoftheforcethemetalstickmanrepetitiveepickitsunesnoutblitzy4kodachikunosinn74spacehermithyprodimussirsitsalotmarkhawkmanrimmarieteknesiapcscipiobwleon7jaguarskx 28 votes

Comments

• Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    He won't be here because he doesn't want to be.

So no amount of money would get him? Or would it just be too much for pwe to pay?
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    No
    He would have to work for what he likely considers peanuts, as well as accept that he is only the central character for whatever minimal new content involved him. Last time I was aware of him being convinced to accept such a proposition was in some marginal Bethesda PS2 game, in which he only narrated (as opposed to voicing an on-screen character), and really just sounded terribly bored and disinterested the whole time.

Found it! "Star Trek Encounters".

• Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    Don't care
    Shatner won't do STO cause Branflakes pissed him off.

I think Shatner is a bit over idolized imo, especially considering how he can behave, and that opinion has little to do with his refusal or dispute at that time. And further care less due to his character being the least professional captain in my opinion as well. I respect opinions that differ from mine on that, but simply how I feel about it, indifferent.
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    No
    Doubt it. Bad blood and all with former Cryptic employees
  • Options
    gjohnny1990gjohnny1990 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    No
    Nope, he is also known to be a TRIBBLE so I'd rather not have him in my game.
  • Options
    thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    I remember him doing V/O work for Star Trek: Legacy... he sounded really tired and bored out of his skull in that, sadly.
  • Options
    alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    No
    Shatner won't do STO cause Branflakes pissed him off.

/\ This.
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • Options
    jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    No
    He doesn't give a TRIBBLE about this game.
  • Options
    ashrod63ashrod63 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    No
    No, simple as that. I'd rather they checked with George Takei and Nichelle Nichols instead.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,529 Arc User
    I'd love for it to happen if he actually wanted to do it instead of just wandering into the recording booth for an easy paycheck.

I fear there's near zero chance for it to happen.
  • Options
    thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    Don't care
    Probably not, since STO will turn 50 in 2060, by which time Shatner will be 129 years old.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    No
    I remember him doing V/O work for Star Trek: Legacy... he sounded really tired and bored out of his skull in that, sadly.

Id have to load it up, or watch some youtube videos to remember it properly... But from what I recall, I thought all the Captains in Legacy did a pretty good job.
    As for Shatner sounding tired in Legacy... from what I remember, he sounded a bit hoarse or gravelly. Like an aged Captain, tired of fighting the good fight.

I kind of liked that Shatner, but again, I should rewatch those cut scene, my memory is not what it used to be.

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    No
    And yeah I was disappointed they couldn't get him for AoY.
    I really didn't have high hopes for it, but thought it would be HUGE if they could pull it off.

Then the devs teased that "We have Big News" and "Players weren't thinking big enough" tweets that kinda made me think they might have pulled off the impossible. I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up admittedly.

Unfortunately no Dice on Shatner for AoY.
    And I must've been one of the few who was thinking "Too Big"...kinda like Bill Shatner Ego "Big".

Would love to see him in game at some point. But just doesn't seem likely.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    No
    I liked his performance in Legacy. Honestly It'd be awesome if Cryptic could get access to the ships and sound assets from that game. Would make a great full season porting parts of it over.
  • Options
    Too bad. I know people have opinions about him, but he is the captain of the Enterprise and we are celebrating the 50th. He is best known of all the actors from the show.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,070 Community Moderator
    No
    hanover2 wrote: »
    He would have to work for what he likely considers peanuts, as well as accept that he is only the central character for whatever minimal new content involved him. Last time I was aware of him being convinced to accept such a proposition was in some marginal Bethesda PS2 game, in which he only narrated (as opposed to voicing an on-screen character), and really just sounded terribly bored and disinterested the whole time.

Found it! "Star Trek Encounters".

@hanover2 He was also in Star Trek Legacy, along with the other Captains.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    No
    Give Shatner a big enough paycheck and watch just how easily he forgets about the bad blood between him and PWE/Cryptic.

That being said, I don't think they're willing to pay Shatner's fees, which likely includes financial reparations for their Twitter history.

I agree on getting Chris Pine, however. Since the JJ Abrams films are the superior Star Trek films, and Chris Pine is a superior Kirk to Shatner.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    Hold on there iconians, your comments could be considered inflammatory!!
  • Options
    No
    Hold on there iconians, your comments could be considered inflammatory!!

What's inflammatory about Shatner's sizable fees? Everybody knows the guy will do anything for enough money. He's like a slightly crankier Michael Caine.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    No
    I highly doubt it, plus they didn't even render him. For the AOY part where you had to patch him up. So you know its bad if they won't even show him.

Its sad that is for sure. I would love to see him somewhere in the game. Now if we can get Sisko, Janeway or Picard into the game. At least some of their crew.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    No
    farmallm wrote: »
    I highly doubt it, plus they didn't even render him. For the AOY part where you had to patch him up. So you know its bad if they won't even show him.

Its sad that is for sure. I would love to see him somewhere in the game. Now if we can get Sisko, Janeway or Picard into the game. At least some of their crew.

It's funny how nobody ever mentions the Enterprise NX-01 crew. How many "Lets get Travis Mayweather into STO" threads have there been?​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Don't care
    nabreeki wrote: »
    As mentioned, former PWE employee annoyed him on twitter about doing something for STO, Shatner said something like "you have one more shot before I block you", bad joke was made, Shatner blocked him, employee wrote it off as "that's just how he jokes." Don't count on it.

Yeah I can definitely see cryptic staff being really annoying about the way they approach people.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    No
    iconians wrote: »

It's funny how nobody ever mentions the Enterprise NX-01 crew. How many "Lets get Travis Mayweather into STO" threads have there been?​​

Yes of course bring them in too. I can see Archer being used for a story arc as well.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Don't care
    haha list of tweets. Star Trek Online ‏@trekonlinegame -
    @WilliamShatner We'll promise not to make a Gorn play #STO with you if you do! #STO is a free-to-play @StarTrek MMO. #WeLoveCaptainKirk

t‏@trekonlinegame - homas_slauson @DavesVoice911 @WilliamShatner Bill Shatner, come to #STO! We need your.... incredible Voice Over work!
  • Options
    No
    iconians wrote: »

It's funny how nobody ever mentions the Enterprise NX-01 crew. How many "Lets get Travis Mayweather into STO" threads have there been?

Yes of course bring them in too. I can see Archer being used for a story arc as well.

Scott Bakula in STO would be a leap of quantum proportions.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg