test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Finally! T6 Connie!

Comments

• redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    Sometimes a Connie is just a Connie.

Besides, you can make the JJ-Connie look closer to the original Connie by using the Type 0-material *and* Switch out the blue-colored Bussard-collectors with red-colored ones. So you can have an oversized "fake" T6-Constitution in legit TOS-colors.

Gee. I'm pleased to have that ship. Better having ANY endgame-capable Connie than none.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Sometimes a Connie is just a Connie.

Besides, you can make the JJ-Connie look closer to the original Connie by using the Type 0-material *and* Switch out the blue-colored Bussard-collectors with red-colored ones. So you can have an oversized "fake" T6-Constitution in legit TOS-colors.

Gee. I'm pleased to have that ship. Better having ANY endgame-capable Connie than none.

Would be even better if we could use a neck that didn't stretch all the way back to the shuttle bay, that's really the only thing I don't like aesthetically about the JJ-prise.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    edited July 2016
    Would be even better if we could use a neck that didn't stretch all the way back to the shuttle bay, that's really the only thing I don't like aesthetically about the JJ-prise.

Without switching pretty much everything else out to match that change, it would really look stupid with just an altered neck. And it's not as bad as Cryptic's takes on Galaxy-class evolutions... I'm looking at you, Venture and Andromeda.

Without switching pretty much everything else out to match that change, it would really look stupid with just an altered neck. And it's not as bad as Cryptic's takes on Galaxy-class evolutions... I'm looking at you, Venture and Andromeda.

I personally think it would look amazing with the TMP neck and no other changes. I agree though that the necks on the ships you listed are terrible as well. What I find most interesting about your post is that the word "stupid" is no longer censored ... I wonder if any other words have been changed, like "TRIBBLE".
    eaY7Xxu.png
    edited July 2016
    I personally think it would look amazing with the TMP neck and no other changes.

Personal preference is personal ;)
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    6uJrRfs.jpg?2
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    stolts wrote: »
    To everyone who kept on asking for an endgame Connie I applaud you. Our efforts have paid off!

And to all those who said to stop asking for it, it will never happen, or didn't think it was a good idea. IN... YOUR... FACE!

^^^
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • hmkchmkc Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    Well....
    Congratulations to the JJ Abrams Fans on their Constitution Class (reward) from the Kelvin Time (T6) and to Cryptic for making that crowd, happy.

Although and finally - STO can say they now have an end game Constitution Class ship (in name only) However, it is not MY (OUR) version of the most famous ship of all time which is from TOS era.

Who would have thought, that this seemingly simple request would be such a nearly impossible task and wish to grant....

All I want (and some others), in this game is a "Circa 2260 Constitution Class Starship" upgradeable to T6 (Fleet Version) and was really hoping that this "Agents of Yesterday" E-Pkg. would be the long awaited answer to that request, as this expansion set to the game showed so much promise. However, for me and others, this new add on fell short of what it could have been and, the TOS fans are disappointed again.

Now as it stands, to us TOS fans...can only hope for the future....Again!
    Kirk out!
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    There are no Prime universe faction specific ships in lockboxes or the Lobi store.

the wells, korath and r'mor would like to have a word with you...

and don't tell me ' well, they're from the future so they don't count' because that went out the door with the 26th and 31st century temporal ships​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    alaythyir wrote: »
    It depends on what you consider a Connie to be.

Constitution class starship. Preferrably one named the Enterprise.

It's a pretty loose definition. There's just no need to split hairs at this point.

A Tier 6 End-Game Constitution Class Starship now exists.

To the OP: /highfive
    If it wasn't a gamble ship or 300mil+ energy credits on the exchange and more like 120-100 mill... Then I'd say yes. As well as use like exter skins etc.
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    There's just no need to split hairs at this point.

Except this isn't the ship people want.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    alaythyir wrote: »
    It depends on what you consider a Connie to be.

Constitution class starship. Preferrably one named the Enterprise.

It's a pretty loose definition. There's just no need to split hairs at this point.

A Tier 6 End-Game Constitution Class Starship now exists.

To the OP: /highfive
    If it wasn't a gamble ship or 300mil+ energy credits on the exchange and more like 120-100 mill... Then I'd say yes. As well as use like exter skins etc.

give it time...it'll wind up in the infinity box soon enough, then it'll be just as cheap as every other T6 lockbox ship is currently​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    There isn't a T6 Constitution. Yet.....

Personally, I would prefer a T5/6 TMP Constitution.

what I've been fighting for since day 1.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
    There are no Prime universe faction specific ships in lockboxes or the Lobi store.

the wells, korath and r'mor would like to have a word with you...

and don't tell me ' well, they're from the future so they don't count' because that went out the door with the 26th and 31st century temporal ships​​

At the time they were released, far future was likely in the same boat as alternate realities as far as CBS was concerned, I mean that was a long time ago, back when the prospect of a TOS expansion and JJ stuff would have induced laughing.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    There isn't a T6 Constitution. Yet.....

Personally, I would prefer a T5/6 TMP Constitution.

what I've been fighting for since day 1.

And more than likely never get. Better chance of getting the Excalibur and Exeter at tier 6 than the TMP Constitution.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • kylethetruekylethetrue Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    Still would have been nice to get the original series constellation at T6....
    "Thou shalt respect the weak and shalt constitute thyself defender of them."
    -3rd Commmandment of Chivalry
    FAWhard_zpsssqnai1l.jpg
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I think there was also a discussion about a tier 5, that didn't happen, so I guess it's a draw?!

That discussion was valid when Tier 5 was endgame, lol.

Still is bruh.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    Still would have been nice to get the original series constellation at T6....

Which ship is that? Picard's first command?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    To everyone who kept on asking for an endgame Connie I applaud you. Our efforts have paid off!

And to all those who said to stop asking for it, it will never happen, or didn't think it was a good idea. IN... YOUR... FACE!

It's not a Connie, it's a non Canon JJCrapship. qBCZn9p.png​​

I so agree with this. And i don't care if people don't agree with me. But The only real Trek canon is anything added when Gene was alive. Every single thing after his death was added by Hollywood. Gene wrote Trek not Hollywood. JJ verse is total TRIBBLE and always will be.
    edited July 2016
    jarfaru wrote: »
    Gene wrote Trek

Gene didn't write that much of Trek at all.

There were teams of writers.

Gene also wasn't involved in TNG much after season 1. Was adamantly against much of what Meyer did in Wrath of Khan and the films after that.

Your dislike of non-Gene Trek encompasses so much of Trek. I mean, we're all but one of the films. Most of the TV shows. And of the Trek that Gene was spearheading, Gene still didn't write much of that at all either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I so agree with this. And i don't care if people don't agree with me. But The only real Trek canon is anything added when Gene was alive. Every single thing after his death was added by Hollywood. Gene wrote Trek not Hollywood. JJ verse is total **** and always will be.

So I guess you hate every move from Wrath of Khan onwards and most of the TNG onwards then?
    afMSv4g.jpg

• sirichard97sirichard97 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I wish they put it in the cstore cause this lockbox bullis really bad now.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    I dream of a day when I can fly all the versions of the Constitution Class Enterprise as a T6 ship in the game...

Of course I'm also not stupid enough to hold my breath waiting for that day to come.

I've only opened about $20.00 dollars worth of the Kelvin lockboxes so far with no luck, but I'm not in a big hurry, the boxes will be in the game till it ends and I get paid every two weeks...

The only thing I've got to worry about is the damn RNG.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • asardetemplariasardetemplari Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    I don't mean to step on toes here.
    BUT... STO connects the prime timeline and the Kelvin timeline through story missions. CBS and Paramount have said it's canon. There is no amount of naysaying that'll ever change that. It's okay to hate something, it's not okay to try and ruin someone else's enjoyment of it. (I.E. leaving an STF like a child because you have a Connie or Vengeance on your team)

Prime timeline STO: Where'd Spock go?
    '09 Star Trek: To stop the Hobus star from exploding.
    Prime timeline STO: Why is it exploding? Iconians got mad, Sela's eating people on the Walking Dead and also.. Iconians.
    Prime timeline STO: Where'd these Kelvin ships come from?
    '09 Star Trek and Into Darkness: 'sup.
    latest?cb=20160406061118&path-prefix=en

Dreadnought class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat.
  • asardetemplariasardetemplari Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    I don't mean to step on toes here.
    BUT... STO connects the prime timeline and the Kelvin timeline through story missions. CBS and Paramount have said it's canon. There is no amount of naysaying that'll ever change that. It's okay to hate something, it's not okay to try and ruin someone else's enjoyment of it. (I.E. leaving an STF like a child because you have a Connie or Vengeance on your team)

Not canon, never will be. dino3-1.gif

And I had to leave STF's due to some JJ owners seeing that I'm avoiding them, so they troll me by following, scraping along side and bump behind my ship and get in my way on purpose. dino3-20.gif​​

As if the new Connie had a bad enough rep, incompetent and unintelligent captains have to ruin it for the actually competent ones.
    latest?cb=20160406061118&path-prefix=en

Dreadnought class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat.
    edited July 2016
    And I had to leave STF's due to ...

Are you sure it wasn't just your parses weren't measuring up? I mean, new ships, lockbox ships at that. New Primary spec. New traits. The meta has changed.

;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    talonxv wrote: »

I so agree with this. And i don't care if people don't agree with me. But The only real Trek canon is anything added when Gene was alive. Every single thing after his death was added by Hollywood. Gene wrote Trek not Hollywood. JJ verse is total **** and always will be.

So I guess you hate every move from Wrath of Khan onwards and most of the TNG onwards then?

Is it coincidence that the most strident people who confuse their opinions for facts, are also the most factually ignorant? Correlation does not expressly equal causation, but I think there is clearly something to be seen there.
    And I had to leave STF's due to ...

Are you sure it wasn't just your parses weren't measuring up? I mean, new ships, lockbox ships at that. New Primary spec. New traits. The meta has changed.

;)

It could also be because that person seemingly has the mental and emotional life of a trailer park 11 year-old.
  • stoltsstolts Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    Buahahaha! Well now... T6 TOS Connie on the way! Now we can have the best of both worlds (timelines)!
    1686is5.jpg
    The first Belfast was commanded by Captain Ve'Kal Shon until its destruction in 2409. A new ship was commissioned bearing the same name and registry as special dispensation to then newly promoted Captain Edward XIII for his pivotal role during the renewed Dominion War.

But CBS said no! There's hundreds and hundreds of posters, that kept assuring us that CBS said no. It's still even part of the FCT!

;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.