What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mirror Wars (RP Thread)

Comments

• Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    Terra (MU)

Negotiations had begun concerning the borders between realities. "The neutral zone agreement will be adhered to as per treaty stipulations" said Empress Heath. "What about expanding them into Demilitarized zones?" asked Valdez. "A DMZ would work as long as it's policed on both sides" said Admiral Quinn. "I agree, we have to learn to trust each other on this" answered Heath looking over the maps of the badlands and Arawath system. "Agreed" replied Quinn. "Here's what I propose, a 10 light year DMZ on both rifts in and out on either side policed by both sides" answered Heath.

"That's fair, some may have sleepless nights over this but by working together to keep the peace between us, we can set an example" replied Valdez. "None of our governments want a repeat of the brief war of 2410-11, a Non Aggression Pact is in order" answered Heath. "That is fair, what have the Romulan Star Union said about a peace deal?" asked Quinn. "The Molindrans on the Star Fortress are requesting the Empire returns a focusing crystal that was stolen from a wrecked dreadnought. They will consider that a peace offering. I've spoken with the High Protector and we've both agreed that they will sign a treaty that will end hostilities with the Empire, the Molindrans getting their crystal back is part of that deal" answered Valdez.

"What's stopping them from using it on us?" asked Heath. "They will return to the prime universe and not re-enter this universe again, they've got losses to mourn as do the Empire" answered Valdez. "I'll require a meeting with the RSU High Protector" replied Heath. "I'll speak with High Protector Sorreth about that, keep it over subspace at first before any face to face" answered Valdez. "Thank you Admirals" said Heath reading the notes from the meeting. Both Starfleet Admirals saluted Heath and left to talk with their government about an Alliance/Imperial Non Aggression Pact.

NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
      Behold Empress Layress the First and her Consort Admiral Heath Thay

empress_and_consort_resize_by_gx_9901-dbj2hxn.png
      sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
    • Options
      Looks good, the medieval background works
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      • Options
        Terra (mu red)

Filing in to the council meeting room, the members found that it had been remodeled. The empress’s chair had been moved from the center of the far end to the corner with all the seats adjusted around it. Also the entire left wall seemed to have been replaced with holodeck panels. They stood there debating amongst themselves what it was for when a guard stepped in.
        “Her royal highness, Empress Layress.”
        They all turned and bowed as she came in.
        “Please take your seats,” she said as she entered. “We have several things to discuss.”
        It sometime but they all found their seats.
        “First,” she began. “I’m sure you are wondering about the changes to the room. The reason is simple.”
        The hologram wall shimmered and was replaced by a mirror image of the council room. The seat in the mirror image were however wear occupied with other people
        “Say hello to your counterparts from the other universe. Going forward all meetings will be like this. We are one empire; it shall be governed as such. Now this meeting will be brief as there are only two things that I wish to say.
        One, one can’t govern two universes situated only in one. Therefore I will be alternating my residence between the two. Therefore in two weeks time I shall be relocating to the other universe for an extended period of time. I will still be in communication with you here; the inter-dimensional communication network is being reinforced even as we speak. I will be just a call away.
        Which by the way leads me to my second point. I…”
        She sneezed loudly several times.
        “Sorry. Side effect of pregnancy. As I was saying; as your Empress, I encourage you, always respectfully, to question my policies and judgment. If you disagree with something I’ve proposed, tell me. We will not go forward until I’ve convinced you or we’ve come to a compromise. Or if you think you have a better way, by all means tell me. Efficiency benefits us all. The Empire is made up of so many different species with so many different points of view. There is always the chance that someone may have a better idea and I want to hear it.”
        She paused.
        “However, there may be those among you that will oppose whatever I suggest simply just because of where I was born. Allow me to show you something.”
        The holo-wall changed. In both universes, the council was treated to a replay of the fight on the Enterprise. The playback froze on the image of Heath’s heel embedded in Leeta’s skull. The image stayed for a few seconds before returning to the council view.
        Heath smiled, then leaned back in her chair and put her feet up on the table.
        “The price you pay for being an obstructionist bigot is I plant these heels of mine in your skull. Just like I did to her.”
        She swept her feet off the table and stood up.
        “Now if any of you, have anything to say about me, NOW’S THE PROPHET BLESSED TIME!”
        The silence that greeted her was deafening.
        “I didn’t think so. Meeting adjourned."
      • Options
        edited August 2017
        I.S.S. Warrior, Terran Spacedock (MU)

After all prime universe powers signed the non-aggression pact and pulled their forces out, it was back to business of rebuilding. The Brigands were back to work after a week long leave. "How was Rome?" asked Dexter Smith. "Very entertaining" answered Trianna with a smile. "It was awe inspiring" added Hetal. "How was Vegas?" asked Trianna. "Let's just say what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" answered Dexter. "Indeed" added Mereu with a smile. "How about Scotland?" asked Dexter. "Lots of spirits, savage stuff" answered Jasmine.

"You should have seen T'Pamne, that Vulcan can hold her drink" added Leclerc. "Wimps" answered T'Pamne smiling. "Very potent indeed" replied Wilkinson. "Highland games are an experience" said Jasmine. "Great fun" chorused T'Pamne, Wilkinson and Leclerc. "Pamplona bull run, now that is fun" said Pitaskli with a smile. "Very intense" added Lenaris smiling. "What a buzz" said Sidis laughing. The whole crew smiled at that. "Well we all had fun and I'm afraid back to business" said Dexter. "Yes General" chorused the crew. "Our services have been requested" said Dexter passing the PADDs along the table. "The Empress's Inquisition, a thorny issue has raised it's ugly head. The issue of collaborators need addressing" said Dexter. "It needs to done in a manner that strengthens her majesty's position" replied Trianna. "That's why we're going after the top level collaborators, victims of circumstance will be dealt with by local law enforcement" answered Dexter.

"Smart move, keep it low key" replied Trianna. "Our first destination?" asked Dexter. "Trill" answered Trianna. "Our orders say that they are to be taken alive for trial" said Jasmine. "At least we can stun them" said T'Pamne. "We'll strike when least expected, we'll have Inquisition storm troopers with us" said Dexter. "Nice" answered Trianna. "Who's the Inquisitor?" asked Dexter. "They'll contact us" answered Trianna. "We've got our orders, everyone to your stations and set course for Trill" said Dexter. The crew all left for their stations as the Warrior jumped to warp.

Earth (Prime)

After relinquishing his post as RSU military commander, Nathan Valdez handed in his retirement notice to Starfleet Command and to the Federation Council. He had retired from public life altogether. Approaching the front door of the family home, Valdez knocked on the door and made sure he looked neat. Ablim answered and just shook Valdez's hand and said "Welcome home sir, Trianna will be happy to see you though keep it a surprise." Valdez just walked into front room and sat in his armchair. Trianna came in with Ablim holding Teanna Jane, she just gave Valdez a hug followed by a "welcome home dad. Mom would be proud of what you did." "Thank you little one" answered Valdez smiling.
        Post edited by theraven2378 on
        NMXb2ph.png
        • Options
          Terra (mu red)
          Palace bedroom

"I think my first council meeting went well."
          "I think you scared the hell out out of them," Thay countered. "God how can you turn me on so much?"
          "Because you're extremely kinky."
          "You say that like it's a bad thing."
          "Now I never said that."
          "Yes my Empress."
          "Prophets, that takes getting used to."
          "Give it time. You'll get used to it."
          "I don't know if I want to get used to it."
          "Why?"
          "It'll keep me focused. I won't take this all for granted."
          "You know that practical side of you can be such a buzz kill. But it's probably why they picked you."
          "Probably. Which reminds me I need to get my stuff from the Enterprise. I'll go get it tomorrow."
          "You are the Empress. You do not go and pack up your own clothes and move things any more. You have people to do that for you now."
          "It's all my personal things. I'd rather do it myself. Besides, I want to say goodbye to all of them. You and they will be out flying around while I'm stuck somewhere being official."
          "Not quite."
          "What do you mean?"
          Thay handed her a PADD.
          "This is your new personal flagship."
          "A Paradox class dreadnaught?"
          "We aquired a few of Leeta's ships and converted one over for your personal use."
          "Prophets above, it's huge."
          "The Empress needs to project an image of strength. Strangely enough, when I happened to mention that you needed a crew for your new ship, all of your former crew volunteered. Plus a few extras like the other two Paris's, Callie..."
          "Callie?"
          "Her Andorian Demon doll volunteered, so she's coming with her."
          "How are you going to function without half the crew?"
          "You're joking right? Do you think I'd let anyone else run your personal ship besides me?"
          "What about the Enterprise?"
          "She'll remain the Flagship of the first fleet. I'm giving her to my Admiral Heath as a present. Did you check out the name of your new ship?"
          "ISS Los Lobos-A. Nice."
          "Just like old times."
          "Except for the whole Empress and prenancy part."
          "See it's even better than before.*gulps* oh ... and this ship operates with a crew of 3,000, so in the spirit of keeping up an environment your familiar with ... something like 80-90% of the crew are female ... and maybe a lot of them are Trills. "
          "..."
          "Are you mad?"
          "A less secure person would wonder why you need all those Trills when you have me. But I understand, you can't help yourself. And that's fine. I'm sure there will something in the future that I will want."
        • Options
          Trill (MU)

The Warrior entered Trill orbit and were contacted by their Inquisition handler. The Inquisitor came aboard and immediately the crew saluted then got to business. "General, Colonel, I need somewhere private to talk" requested the Inquisitor. "My office, follow me" answered Brigadier General Smith. "Thank you General, that will do" replied the Inquisitor coldly. In Smith's office, the Inquisitor got to business. "Commissioner Paris is our target. He has been identified as the overseer of Trill during the Dominion occupation" said the Inquisitor.

"Sounds like we need to pay this Trill a visit" answered Smith. "On what evidence?" asked Trianna. "These are Dominion communications from the occupation" answered the Inquisitor passing both Smith and Trianna the PADDs. "Are these quotas?" asked Smith horrified. "Over a million Trill 'resettled' in the Gamma Quadrant for 'war work', and he lives in luxury" replied Trianna containing her anger. "Execution quotas too" added Smith. "All proven links to him?" asked Trianna. "We'll need his computer without entering his office" answered the Inquisitor. "Ghost, you and Cypher work on that front" said Smith. "Consider it done" answered Trianna.

"General, a combined ground team will raid his residence and arrest him. You and your people can think on your feet, so be creative" said the Inquisitor. "We'll keep it very quiet and low key" answered Smith. "Good we start planning now, my tactical operations officer will be joining us" replied the Inquisitor. "You heard the man, let's get to work" said Smith. For the next several hours, information streamed straight to planning as evidence was gathered. After reviewing the evidence and deciding what approach to employ, Smith had to request permission to execute the raid. He made sure that the Empress got the evidence and request to raid and arrest on her desk via Inquisition courier. Everyone now waited for a reply.
          NMXb2ph.png
          • Options
            Terra (mu red)

Layress looked over the report.
            "This is no different from when the Cardassians came to Bajor. No, it's worse. He did it to his fellow citizens just to profit off them. I think I need to make example of him. Tell them I want him and his senior staff alive. Contact the Dominion, tell them I wish to discuss the return of our people."
          • Options
            Paris Residence, Trill (MU)

The Brigands had selected a moonless night for their raid, after neutralizing security they were in. Above were positioned cloaked shuttles to act as over watch led by Lt Hetal. The rest formed up in their ground teams set transporter inhibitors and set up force field traps around the entire perimeter. Across Trill, residences of Commissioner Paris' senior staff were also being raided by Inquisition units. At the Paris residence, the Brigands surrounded the building and jut battered their way in catching Commission Paris unawares.

"Commissioner Paris, in the Empress's name you are under arrest, co-operate and you will not be harmed" said Trianna as the other Brigands surrounded him. "Who are you people?" asked Commissioner Paris who was clearly terrified. "People you got on the bad side of, let's just say the Empress has plans for you" answered Trianna. Dexter Smith and the Inquisitor got the report back that all targets were in custody. All teams now departed Trill with their prizes being secured on Warrior for transport back to Terra. When the Warrior arrived, the Brigands transferred the prisoners to the Empress's personal security service. Brigadier General Smith and Trianna now went to hand their report in and were debriefed by Heath herself.

"General, Colonel, good job. Collaborators cannot hide" said Heath. "We've got him on high treason at least, his senior staff are now being questioned as we speak" answered Smith. "Some have co-operated and others resisting questioning" reported Trianna. "Keep question them then start questioning Mr Paris, no violence" ordered Heath. "As you wish Empress" answered Smith. "Yes Ma'am" answered Trianna. Smith and Trianna were dismissed, they saluted and left to start questioning Mr Paris.
            NMXb2ph.png
            • Options
              Terra (mu red)
              Palace detention center

The guards were shocked when the Empress entered flanked by her bodyguards.
              "Your highness," General Smith said in surprise. "We were not expecting you."
              "I have something I wish to say to Mr. Paris."
              "Very well. This way please."
              "Thank you." They walked down the Short corridor.
              "There are two types of collaborators General," she continued. "Those who are forced to do it in order to protect their loved ones. During the occupation of Bajor, I had family taken and forced to be 'comfort women' to save their families. These, I will show mercy. The others... They can burn with the Pah wraiths."
              "Yes ma'am. I will pass that on. It may loosen some more tongues. Here we are."
              "You Paris. Your know very well your daughter served as my science officer. You tried to get her to help you by using her position to feed you information. I have proof that she never even returned your messages. Don't bother trying to get her to help, She wants nothing more to do with you. I so want to make you scream for hurting her like this, but the court will decide your fate. I am done here. Let us leave."
            • Options
              Palace detention center

Dexter Smith just pulled up a chair and opened a case on the table. "You understand why you are here?" asked Smith calmly. "I'm just a public servant, you're wasting my time" answered Paris. "Oh no I'm not, the charges are high treason and collaboration" replied Smith. "Not guilty" answered Paris. "Let's get started then, you will answer all questions and co-operate" said Dexter. To loosen Paris' tongue, Mereu Smith was called in. "The thing about Orions is that they have ways of loosening men's tongues, why did you surrender Trill without even firing a shot?" asked Smith.

"No comment" answered Paris. "Doctor, work your charm" said Smith. Mereu's pheromones had their effect as Paris began to divulge information, Smith just took the confession down word for word. To make sure Paris was being honest, Trianna would confirm it by reading Paris's mind. Paris' confession included selling his own people into slavery, handing his own people over to the Jem Hadar and shutting down Trill's defenses on the first day of the Dominion War. He had invited the Dominion in. On Trill, the security services questioned anyone accused of collaboration. Victims of circumstance were given light sentences with a fine, those found innocent released and those who willingly collaborated were processed for trial.

Paris' senior staff were also questioned on Terra as victims of circumstance were separated from those who worked for the enemy willingly. Their confessions were all on Heath's desk and already signed. In Heath's office, the Empress read them and noted from watching the interviews that no violence had been employed.
              NMXb2ph.png
              • Options
                Terra (mu red)

"No, we will not kill them," the Empress said. "Killing them ends their punishment. Well it ends it in a way that we can see. I'm certain that the Pahs of their victims are waiting for them on the other side. But no I sentence them not to death, but to the pain. put them to work making reparations to those they've injured. Have them mine crystals on Nukara or some other Prophet forsaken place. They will work there until they can pay back their victims. I want them to wake up every morning and curse their own greed as to why they are where they are."
              • Options
                Terra (MU)

"This is the INN with a special bulletin, security forces have made several high profile arrests on Trill. The traitors have been found guilty of high treason and collaboration. In a series of military tribunals, the traitors have been found guilty. We are live here at the Imperial courts to hear the sentences" said the reporter. The judge passed a life sentence for Paris on Rure Penthe, his senior staff who had willingly collaborated were sentenced to life without parole across in labor camps across the empire.

After the hearings, Smith considered it case closed as word got out across the empire that collaborators cannot hide. On former occupied worlds, the Inquisition and security services made more arrests. Heath now read the reports and made sure the worst offenders were sent to hard labor for life. Less serious offenders were given lighter sentences and victims of circumstance cleared of all charges. The Empress had proven her point without a single drop of blood being shed. Afterwards both Smith and Trianna were called into Heath's office.

"Your royal highness" chorused Smith and Trianna bowing in respect. "At ease and take a seat" ordered Heath. Both Brigand officers obeyed and sat down. "General, Colonel, drop the ranks" said Heath. "Ma'am" chorused Smith and Trianna. "Dexter, Trianna, a clear message has been sent today" said Heath. "We consider internal security work to be a civil duty" answered Smith. "That's the way it's always been" added Trianna. "My predecessor said as much, your results have made interesting reading" replied Heath. "We have our principles, during the Alliance occupation, my family were cargo haulers. We always drew the line at transporting slaves, in fact we would take them on and then take them to Terok Nor before freeing them at great risk to ourselves" answered Smith.

"Takes brave people to do that" replied Heath. "Some principles have to be kept" answered Smith. "Trianna, your record has improved. No violent incidents in nearly a year" said Heath. "I hated that part of me" answered Trianna. "I know, you've had to bear the sins of your family and you've become tougher from it all" replied Heath. "I strive to improve more" answered Trianna. "Good, ranks back" said Heath. "Ma'am" chorused Smith and Trianna. "They're are some who seek to undermine me, pay them a visit" ordered Heath passing Smith a PADD with names and addresses. "Consider it done" answered Smith with a smile. "I'll prepare the teams" replied Trianna. Both officers were dismissed, they saluted then got on with their duties after leaving the office.
                NMXb2ph.png
                • Options
                  edited August 2017
                  I.S.S. Warrior, Terran orbit (MU)

After a series of raids on Terra, all opposition to Heath had been brought into line without any violence. The people listed all swore loyalty to the empress as security forces confiscated their computers for further inspection. On Warrior, Dexter Smith was working on new security operational planning when his office door chimed. It was Trianna along with Lt Paris from the Los Lobos. "Lt, take a seat please" said Smith. "Yes General" answered Paris as she took a seat. "At ease" ordered Smith.

"Yes sir, is my loyalty being brought into question?" asked Paris. "It was never in doubt but we may need to ask you if you could help us with your father's computer database" answered Smith. "General, what my father did has brought shame to my family. I'll work with your people on getting the names of those who were sold out and moved to the Gamma Quadrant" replied Paris. "Thank you Miss Paris" answered Smith. "Ma'am, your father and sister did terrible things, how do you live with that everyday?" asked Paris to Trianna. "I'm not exactly innocent myself either, what I've done was just as bad but I serve the empire as my debt to society, what my family have done has given me a purpose to be a better person" answered Trianna.

"Miss Paris, the Colonel is one of my most trusted advisers and she's my first officer. You can trust her" said Smith. "I've worked with her in the past, I look forward to working with her again" answered Paris. "You'll be working with me and Lt Cmdr Leclerc, you know what to look for" replied Trianna. "Ma'am" answered Paris. "Lt, follow me and we'll get started" said Trianna. After several hours of searching, Paris pointed out the deportation quotas. She then cross referenced the names along with the census data from before the war with Leclerc's assistance. "I hope 'dad' rots in that frozen hellhole" said Paris afterwards. "Try and stay on task please" answered Trianna.

After another 12 hours of sifting through the quotas, a definitive list of names was drawn up complete with a definite number. "1 million, these people need to come home" said Trianna still outraged at Mr Paris' treachery. "How did you get him to confess?" asked Paris. "Let's just say Doctor Smith has ways of loosening men's tongues" answered Trianna. "Indeed" replied Paris with a smile. "Ladies, what have you got?" asked Smith. "A full list of those deported to the Gamma Quadrant General" answered Paris. "Well done. Miss Paris, thank you for your assistance" replied Smith. "Not a problem General" answered Paris. "We won't keep you for long, I'll walk you back to the transporter room Lt" replied Smith. "General, that will be acceptable" answered Paris. Smith and Paris both left the command deck of the Warrior and after transporting Paris back to the Los Lobos, Smith went to start work on his report for the empress.

NMXb2ph.png
                  • Options
                    Wormhole entrance (MU)

A large fleet formed up at the wormhole to secure the Bajor system is things went wrong, among them was the Warrior and her crew. Empress Heath had been successful in securing the release of Imperial citizens. Everyone in the fleet were tense and ready. The wormhole opened as 700 transport ships came through escorted by the Dominion fleet. After formal negotiations, the Imperial citizens were transferred to Imperial custody as the Dominion warships returned to the Gamma Quadrant. The Imperial fleet formed up around the transport ships to act as escort.

2500 ships formed the escort and honor guard as the convoy jumped to warp. They arrived at Trill four days later as INN teams scrambled to get a shot of the ships coming in. On Terra, Heath watched the report and smiled before sneezing. On Warrior, the crew all volunteered their time on assisting where they could on processing and dealing with any problems. Every skilled doctor was now required to treat any injured. Starfleet and MACO all sent medical teams to assist as well as security. What the public saw on INN was crisis management at it's finest as Starfleet and MACO pooled their resources to ease the pressure on civil authorities, General Dexter Smith and his crew were all manning processing checking off each name from the list to make sure everyone was accounted for.

They took it in shifts with half the crew getting some rest every seven hours then rotating. After days of processing, they returned to the ship and set course for Terra. All the crew could think was they're home, once back at Terra they could get some rest. The senior staff just finished off their paperwork then hit the holodeck to blow off some steam.
                    NMXb2ph.png
                    • Options
                      Hetal Residence, Terra (MU)

The Brigands were on planet side duties so after deciding to move out of the palace, Trianna and Isoisa Hetal took up residence in a compound on the island of Okinawa. After assisting Trianna and Isoisa Hetal in moving their things out of the palace, the Brigands all helped them move and unpack their things at the compound on Shuri gifted to Trianna by Papela. "At least work is over the next mountain range" said Dexter Smith. "No servants, that's better" said Trianna with a smile. "Privacy for us" added Isoisa.

"With the Empress away, we'll have more security operations to look forward to" said Dexter Smith. "Also new troops to train up" added Trianna. "It's the pilots that concern me, some of them are too cautious" said Isoisa. "You're insane at helm, poor recruits" answered Dexter. "He he, no one can keep up with me" replied Isoisa laughing. "That's our Isoisa" joked Dexter. "One of a kind" answered Trianna with a smile. "How's Jodi?" asked Dexter. "Doing well, Naynta liberated a new set of eyes for her from that thing's head" answered Trianna. "Poetic" replied Dexter. "Indeed" answered Trianna. "Ghost, you getting bigger?" asked Dexter point at Trianna's stomach.

"Been feeling light headed and irritable lately, mornings are not fun" answered Trianna. "Ghost, let Mereu have a look" suggested Dexter concerned for his friend. "Doc, follow me" said Trianna. Mereu and Trianna went somewhere private and when they emerged Trianna had news. "My late Imzadi has left a legacy, I'm pregnant" said Trianna. "Considering what stage she's at, I would say she got pregnant just before the Battle of Terra" said Mereu. "Congratulations" chorused the rest of the Brigands. "Boy or girl?" asked Isoisa. "Boy" answered Trianna with tears of joy. "Explains why you've not touched a drop of alcohol in months" replied Isoisa. "The war did that" answered Trianna.

"The war changed us, we saw things that no one should see. It made us a family in arms" replied Dexter. "What we did was amazing, we stuck together and stayed strong despite the horrors" added Lenaris. "That sermon you gave just before we took on those enemy reinforcements kept our spirits up" answered Dexter. "Desail preaching as the torpedoes and particle weapons were flying. That was glorious" added Pitaskli. "When the chips are down, Deail here quoting scripture is always good" added Sidis. "Who can forget Annalee hurling abuse at the Jem Hadar" said Lenaris laughing. "Must be the South Carolina in me" answered Wilkinson smiling. "Or Cypher yelling Merde" when 3,000 enemy barreled down on us" said Mereu. "I thought the French were quiet and elegant" added Dexter.

"We French have passion" answered Antoinette Leclerc. "T'Pamne showed no mercy, every shot was a bridge hit followed up by a warp core shot" said Trianna. "They deserved it" answered T'Pamne laughing. "We were just a thorn in the enemy's side and boy did we cause them a lot of damage" said Hetal. "Those raids were fun" added Jasmine Smith. "Well we've got a few days off, Ghost you may have be restricted to light duties for a while" said Dexter. "I'll tell the empress the news and I want Mereu to be midwife not some stranger from Imperial medical" answered Trianna.
                      NMXb2ph.png
                      • Options
                        thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
                        edited August 2017
                        Foundry News

Spoiler - Done some writing for a Mirror Wars '4' plot which relates to something else that will be happening soon.

'A Mirror Tale' - haven't done anything with this yet.

OP - Updated the OP.
                        2gdi5w4mrudm.png
                        Typhoon Class please!
                      • Options
                        Betazed (MU red)

Battle Group Brigand had just delivered a convoy of industrial equipment, prefabricated housing and extra food and medical supplies. As they escorted the supplies in, they were met by the Betazoid civil leadership. "General, was your trip peaceful?" asked the colonial governor. "Not entirely, some pirates were none too bright in opening fire on a military convoy. They were no problem" answered General Smith. "We've requested military support in rebuilding the Betazoid people, bless the empress that she heard our call" replied the Betazoid governor.

"You also requested some police units here, I hear some of the non Betazoids have been running an illegal black market" said Colonel Trianna Hetal. "Colonel, correct. As things are, law enforcement here does not have the resources to stamp these black marketeers out" answered the Betazoid governor. "Thank you governor for raising your concerns with the empress, what military and police units are here?" asked General Smith. "Citizen's Militia, one brigade of and two battalions of military field police" answered the Betazoid governor. "Colonel, bring two regiments of Betazoid troops down as well as field engineer units" said General Smith.

"Colonel Hetal to Major Dreisse, I need you to bring your Betazoids down along with engineering units. Bring Doctor Smith with her medical units" ordered Trianna. "Dreisse here, We'l be down momentarily" answered Major Dreisse. "Governor, where do you need troops posting?" asked General Smith. "In the main city itself, hospitals, industrial construction zones and the supply stores" answered the Betazoid governor. Dreisse and her security units transported down and took up their guard stations as engineering and medical units transported down to assist in construction and distribution of supplies, Mereu Smith and her medical units set up field clinics to help with civilian healthcare.

For the Brigands, garrison duty on Betazed would be relatively quiet as they stamped out the black market stealthily. For now, the people of Betazed could sleep easy knowing that the empress had sent them peace and security. Across Betazed, citizens and military worked together putting housing, power and industrial replicators up. Everywhere the troops went, the people treated them as saviors and liberators for their part in saving them during the war. The Brigands did take the time out to visit the remains of Medara so Trianna could put a wreath and light a candle at the statue of her mother. For the rest of the Brigands, they paid their respects.
                        NMXb2ph.png
                        • Options
                          edited August 2017
                          Betazed (MU red)

General Dexter Smith was sat in his head quarters tent supervising garrison deployments along with the Betazoid leadership. The presence of more Imperial troops had decreased the crime rate though sometimes there were flare ups between military personnel and civilians. General Smith and Colonel Trianna Hetal had to mediate one dispute between a new soldier and civilian bar owner. "General, one of your men thought it would be a good idea to pick a fight while drunk because I told him he had enough" said the bar owner.

"What was the soldier's name?" asked Trianna concerned at this breach of orders. "Lt Francis Ramirez, Colonel" answered the bar owner. "Where is he?" asked General Smith. "In a cell sobering up" answered Trianna. "Bring him here" said General Smith. Trianna left the tent and then returned 10 minutes later with Lt Ramirez escorted by military police. General Smith got to business immediately. "Lt, what were the orders I gave about being around civilians?" asked General Smith. "Best behavior sir" answered Lt Ramirez. "Then Lt, explain why you threw a punch at the bar's owner when told you had enough" demanded Trianna. "Ma'am, he refused to serve an Imperial soldier" answered Lt Ramirez. "Lt, the military serves the people not the other way round. The fact you were totally intoxicated at the time gave that gentleman enough reason not to serve you was very clear, what were you found guilty of?" said General Smith. "Theft sir" answered Lt Ramirez. "We are here to keep the peace not get into fist fights with the civilian population, you will have to be made an example of in order to restore the public's support" replied General Smith.

"What's the punishment for drunk and disorderly as well as breach of military discipline?" asked Trianna to Lt Ramirez. Lt Ramirez gulped and answered "the booth." "Lt, consider yourself lucky that I made sure all agony devices were shipped back to Terra. To make amends, you will pay for all the damage done to this gentleman's bar and abstain from alcohol. Furthermore, you are stripped of rank until a time when you may re-earn it again. Do you understand?" said General Smith. "A public flogging will send a message to the rest of the troops to behave themselves" suggested Trianna. "The Colonel raises a good point, add 20 lashes to that punishment to be carried out immediately" said General Smith.

"Guards, march Mr Ramirez here to that frame over there and secure his hands and arms. Assemble the rest of the new recruits and gather the civilians, we must be seen to to punish breaches of discipline" ordered Trianna. Lt Ramirez was marched outside and secured to a building frame as Trianna read out the charges and punishment to everyone present. Sentence was then carried out by Pitaskli with a cat of nine tails. Trianna just counted the lashes and at 20 she ordered Ramirez released for medical attention. The military got the message immediately and from now on were on best behavior, the civilians all clapped in approval. General Smith and Trianna's choice of punishment had shown the civilians that even military personnel were not above the law. Private Ramirez after being released from hospital now handed over his wages to the Betazoid bar owner who promptly put him on the barred list. "Judging from this incident, all garrison troops are to abstain from alcohol when around civilians" said General Smith. "Thank you for bringing this to our attention, just help maintain the peace" said Trianna to the bar owner. "My customers will treat your soldiers with respect and report any incidents straight to you" answered the bar owner. "Co-operation, what the world needs" answered Gneral Smith filling out the incident report.

NMXb2ph.png
                          • Options
                            Earth (Prime)

Nathan Valdez was sat in his arm chair just thinking about the war when Trianna piloted her wheelchair into the room. "Dad, what happened over there?" asked Trianna, it was obvious something had changed in her father. "I saw things that no one should see, the cruelty of the universe" said Valdez opening up to his daughter. "It was the other Betazed" replied Trianna. "It was, we got 400,000 out from it's prewar population of 4 billion. I feel like we failed because we could not save more" answered Valdez. "You did not fail, 400,000 people were saved. It's better than not getting anyone out" replied Trianna.

"That's what I tell myself everyday, I kept thinking to myself I'm not the one doing it when we had to carry out General Order 24 on that world to stop those converted people's suffering" sighed Valdez. "I'll call the counselor, you need to speak to one about the war because it's chewing you up inside and it's mandatory" said Trianna. "You have your mother's stubbornness" replied Valdez. "Because I'm right on this" answered Trianna. "You have a point, what's that in your hand" said Valdez conceding defeat. "I can't bear to read it, please could you dad?" asked Trianna passing the PADD over. "You've been put on medical retirement owing to mental and physical health, Admiral Heath was sad to see your career cut short like this" answered Valdez consoling Trianna. "I did my best" replied Trianna. "That's all that anyone could have asked for, at least you can still do your Starfleet Intelligence duties from home so you may have to reappraise your career options" answered Valdez.

"Home based intelligence work seems to be the best option for me now considering my little one being on the way" replied Trianna. "You need help with Teanna Jane?" asked Valdez. "Yes please, I cannot do this without you and Ablim's help" answered Trianna. "Why the wheelchair?" asked Valdez. "I've been finding it harder to walk even with the walking stick, the doctors have said I may never walk again" answered Trianna saddened by the thought. "You have the support of your family and your friends" replied Valdez. "Yeah, there is that" answered Trianna. "What would Teanna say if she was still here?" asked Valdez to himself. "Mom would want her family united and happy" answered Trianna. "Agreed, time to spend some quality Grand father/grand daughter time with a very special little lady" replied Valdez as Ablim entered the room and picked up Teanna Jane out of her buggy. The Valdez family then just had a quiet evening which was often heard "Ow!!" from both Valdez and Trianna as Teanna Jane pulled Trianna's hair and Valdez's beard.
                            NMXb2ph.png
                            • Options
                              thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
                              2411 - I.S.S. Athena
                              Mirror Universe (Yellow)
                              Ask'kaar Sector
                              Ask'kaar Kingdom

With the Terran Empire(Yellow) now in control of both 'Mirror Universes', The I.S.S. Athena, commanded by Admiral Naynta Lot (Red), finds itself in the domain of the Ask'kaar Kingdom, this realities version of the Ask'kaar Republic / Sovereignty.

Pelagia was in Naynta's quarters, rubbing the feet of her Betazoid partner was distracted reading her Padd.
                              "We have over two hundred prisoners crammed into the cargo bay?"

"You wanted to hear them scream in unison. It took us time to assemble a device that would torture that many of them in one go," Pelagia responded as she began to rub her hands up Naynta's leg. "Besides, I don't remember hearing you complain when I caught those two hundred prisoners."

Naynta dropped her padd, grinning as Pelagia slid her fingers across the base of her foot.
                              "Oh, they were the perfect birthday present, I look forward to personally inspecting them ... I might even host a show later, we picked up some beasts over the past few weeks, I'm eager to see how they feed."

Pelagia chuckled as she placed Naynta's feet on her lap. "I'll personally pick out five later-"

"Make sure you pick out the submissive ones!" Naynta said interrupting Pelagia, "We'll keep the rebellious slaves for awhile, I love breaking the defiant ones."

"I know you do," Pelagia said, as she displayed herself across Naynta's desk, as her attention was drawn to the stars. "Do you think your new Empress will be angry when she finds out we're torturing both Starfleet and Ask'kaar officers from the prime universe?"

Naynta sat at the end of her desk, slowly moving her fingers through Pelagia's hair.
                              "I wouldn't worry about that," Naynta said. "Sito will keep her attention away from our actions - besides, she's paying me... us a lot for those white spotted Trills she enjoys."
                              2gdi5w4mrudm.png
                              Typhoon Class please!
                            • Options
                              Colonial Headquarters, Betazed (MU red)

General Smith studied the reports from civil and military leaders as a public meeting was called. Flare ups between military and civilians had dropped to zero as word got out about the public flogging, crime had also dropped as word got out that criminals would be tried under military courts. Lesser criminals were given a choice, join the military or face long sentences in prison. The most severe crimes were punished by hard labor or execution for certain offenses. General Smith could now focus on making sure that the PDF (Planetary Defense Forces) were trained to MACO standards, Starfleet trained the ODF (Orbital Defense Forces) to their high standards.

Militia personnel were helping man check points with military officers, everyone was searched and their IDs checked. Already several deserters had been caught and General Smith made aware. The captured deserters were dealt with by Colonel Trianna Hetal who was in no mood for mercy. In an Imperial edict, all deserters were to be publicly hung as a warning to others. In a speech to the garrison troops, Trianna outlined a cold brutal fact, "Desertion is a cancer that needs to be purged, these men have betrayed the Empire through their desertion from duty. For that they have been sentenced to die by hanging, look at these traitors and remember this for this is a lesson that may have to be taught again." Trianna then passed sentence and a dozen Terran deserters then swung from the gallows.

The Penal conscripts all took notice and soon the desertion rate dropped as the lesson was taught again with another group of deserters. General Smith and his officers made sure the Penal troops were more scared of their own officers than any enemy, to make sure they behaved, Smith and Trianna had commissars attached to each department. These officers only answered to Smith and Trianna. Elsewhere, the other Brigand officers were assisting local authorities in building more housing as industrial replicators were churning out more prefabs, soon hospitals and power plants were operating at full efficiency as communities grew. The Regent's palace now had to be rebuilt as a headquarters for planetary government as resources were put into the construction.

For General Smith, running a military and civilian government was something new but he had adapted well by making sure that both civil and military worked as one. He had the support of the people and troops as more Betazoids returned to Betazed bringing the Betazoid population to 750,000. In his report to the empress, he was very thorough in his recommendations on raising more militia and police units. He also put in a request to become overseer for the Betazed Sector citing the efficient running of the world and it's people.

NMXb2ph.png
                              • Options
                                Betazed (MU red)

General Smith got his team to work, Trianna was kept back at headquarters for her own safety acting as team control while both Dexter and Jasmine Smith were waiting for a new officer. The rest of the Brigands were out on a recruitment drive for militia service, as they entered a bar, the bar owner recognized them and saluted along with the customers. "We'll need a table please, we have an offer from General Smith of service to anyone loyal and able to bear arms for militia service" said Sidis. "It's part time so you can still live your normal lives, volunteers only" added Hetal.

"Consider this as a civil duty for our people and the empire" said Pitaskli. "You've got your first volunteer" said the bar owner who put is name on the dotted line. "Just done a check, Mr Tam Hagen has a clean record. He's accepted" said Wilkinson. "Welcome Mr Hagen" said Sidis. "Thank you for having me" answered Hagen. "Anymore?" asked Pitaskli. Soon the bar was being used as a recruitment centre, "18-45s only" said Leclerc to the queue. "How many signatures already?" asked Hetal amazed at the result. "300 volunteers so far and that's just in 20 Terran minutes" answered Pitaskli. "I wonder how the General is faring?" asked Hetal with a smile.

At the landing pad, both Smith siblings and Trianna personally welcomed the new political officer from Terra who Smith requested be on his staff. "Brigadier General Dexter Smith?" asked Commissar General Lucius Kaine. "Commissar Kaine, I am Brigadier General Dexter Smith, this is my senior staff. Major Jasmine Smith, Major Smith is my administration advisor and Lt Colonel Trianna Hetal, my first officer" answered General Smith. "General, as acting overseer you need to keep on that fine line which you have done very well. Your war on crime here has dropped the crime rate, very impressive" replied Commissar Kaine. "Now we keep the peace politically, which is the reason I requested your assistance" answered General Smith. "Me and my officers will answer only to the empress and you" said Commissar Kaine.

"Then we've got much work to do" said Trianna. "That we do, how we doing on recruitment?" asked Jasmine. "1500 volunteers so far" answered Trianna. "Commissar, we're having a recruitment drive. Volunteers only of military age because we're raising some militia companies, part time citizen soldiers who can fight in defense of their world" said General Smith. "You've even raised penal units of criminals" replied Commissar Kaine. "They need bringing into lines, recently we had to hang a couple of dozen of them for desertion. We had another man flogged publicly for assaulting a civilian, make sure they hear of the story of the empress's boot to motivate them" said General Smith.
                                NMXb2ph.png
                                • Options
                                  Terra space dock (mu red)

The ships of the first fleet had gathered to escort the Empress on her way to the wormhole and to the other universe. Their universe. After so long they could hardly wait to go back home.
                                  Thay stood looking out the dock observation lounge window. Her Admiral Heath stood next to her.
                                  "Not long now," Thay commented. "And we'll be back home."
                                  "I had almost given up hope. I'll be honest, when I saw you come through with all those ships with our markings, I stood on the bridge and cried."
                                  "I nearly did the same after we made it through. Couldn't enjoy being back, had to focus on the war. But now..."
                                  "R'shee and I are stopping off at Bajor. Say hello to the family and eat my fill of my mother's cooking."
                                  "I think I'm going to have my bed shipped from Betazed to Terra. So I can get comfortable."
                                  "Will your wife like that?"
                                  "It's a nice bed. I paid a lot for it before we left. It's so soft and warm."
                                  "So what's it like being married to the Empress?"
                                  " It has its ups and downs. There are some things that she doesn't need to know about which are... difficult to keep from her. But the babies are doing an excellent job of distracting her."
                                  "How long before she's due?"
                                  "Five months. Yeah five months then I need to find a new way to keep her occupied and from looking too closely at certain things."
                                  "You could just tell her the truth."
                                  Thay closed her eyes and sighed.
                                  "I love her more than anything else. But...I'm afraid she still has too much Federation in her to understand my.... needs."
                                  "May I offer some advice?"
                                  "If I say no?"
                                  "Your in charge. I will obey."
                                  "Then no."
                                  "By your command."
                                  "Alright, what is it?"
                                  "Tell her the truth."
                                  "I will... just not yet."
                                  "It'll end in tears ma'am."
                                  "You know I can't get her to cut off her hair. I may have to settle for chopping off yours."
                                  "Don't you dare," came from behind them.
                                  They both turned. Admiral Heath bowed her head.
                                  "Empress."
                                  "When did you get here?" Thay asked.
                                  "Just now. I'm starting to walk slower. And Admiral, if she tries to make you cut off your hair, you tell me I'll have her spanked."
                                  "I thought you were going to discourage me."
                                  "By Pakleds."
                                  "Ok, that's not sexy at all."
                                  "Thank you ma'am. Forgive me for staring but I never could picture myself pregnant."
                                  "Neither could I until now. I does take some getting used to."
                                  "I imagine so. But was there something you wanted ma'am?"
                                  "Yes, on the way to Bajor I want to detour near Trill."
                                  "Oh?" Thay was now very interested.
                                  "Any particular reason why ma'am?"
                                  The Empress smiled.
                                  "You see Admiral, before I came over here anytime some other ship annoyed me they would find batches of hook spiders in their maintenance passage ways. A very subtle way of saying 'don't do that again'. It's a practice I intend to take up again. There's an abandoned mining station just outside of the Trill system that is full of..."
                                  "NO!"
                                  The two looked at Thay.
                                  "We are not bringing those things on board this ship. We are not going near that station ever again."
                                  "Thay..."
                                  "No means no. End of discussion."
                                  "Thay... I understand that you don't like them. But there is one thing."
                                  "What's that?"
                                  She slid her hand under Thay's hair and caressed the side of her face.
                                  "I'm the Empress. I'll have them stored on another ship to make you feel better, but we are going there. Admiral, speak with T'naar, she's our xenobiologist, she can instruct them in the proper storage method."
                                  "Yes ma'am."
                                  The Empress kissed Thay on the cheek.
                                  "I'll see you on the bridge when we depart."
                                  They watched her walk away.
                                  "Still think she has too much Federation in her?"
                                  "She is... learning."
                                  And I am both happy and worried, she thought.
                                • Options
                                  Betazed (MU red)

"An odd request here, general" said Trianna passing a PADD over to General Smith. "Retrieve a bed from the palace" said the message. "Wait there's more, it better be intact, signed Admiral Heath Thay" said General Smith, "Get a recovery team to the Regent's palace, Sidis leading it." "Control to recovery team, go to the palace and recover a bed" ordered Trianna. "We're heading there now" said Sidis. Meanwhile, Commissar Kaine and his officers told the penal units the story of the empress's boot, few thought it was a joke at first but were dealt with swiftly by the unit commissars in a permanent manner to get the message across.

Sidis and her recovery team got to the palace by shuttle and landed within 20 minutes and inspected the building's structure. "Superficial damage to the structure externally, internally it structurally sound" said Pitaskli leading the engineers in. "Got to love Klingon architecture, it's built to last" replied Sidis as they made their way up to Heath Thay's old room. "Room is force field locked, it's like nothing every happened to it" said Pitaskli. "Everything is intact, Recovery team to control, room and contents are totally intact, send Admiral Heath Thay the good news" said Sidis. "Roger that recovery team, is it safe to deactivate the force field?" asked Trianna. "Building itself is structurally sound, it's survived the Siege of Betazed and Dominion war with only superficial damage. We're bring power online now" answered Pitaskli.

"Roger that" replied Trianna. "Force field is down, set up transport enhancers and prepare for delivery" said Sidis. "We found something else, a crystalline necklace down in the west wing in some debris" answered Hetal. "Describe it" said Trianna. "A leaf shaped cluster of crystals with a silver necklace" answered Hetal. "The west wing was where my mother was killed, she must have hidden it before she was overrun" replied Trianna. "We'll analyse it when we finish up, Fleet Admiral Heath can recover her things. Computer secure this room" answered Hetal. "Send Fleet Admiral Heath the good news" said General Smith. "It's sent" answered Trianna.

NMXb2ph.png
                                  • Options
                                    Betazed (MU red)

At Colonial headquarters, the Hetals analyzed the necklace recovered from the palace. After confirming the last owner was Teanna Bray via a DNA scan, Isoisa made sure Trianna inherited her mother's necklace, Trianna just gave her a hug and kiss trying to hold back the tears. General Smith however was busy training militia in basic weapon drills and basic commands, Commissar Kaine just watched on as Smith took a hands on approach to training. The volunteers responded well to the hands on training and paid attention as Jasmine Smith demonstrated how to field strip a phaser rifle, clean it and put it back together, Jasmine now supervised and advised if required to.

For the population, life was getting easier. They had replicators, housing and power with some Betazoids taking up their old farms and rebuilding them. Even though they were rebuilding an entire civilization, the Betazoids had endured the hardships and never complained but just got on with reconstruction. Back at Colonial Headquarters, Trianna had to take a seat as she nearly fainted. After an examination by Mereu she was cleared for light duties only and put onto a strict diet, Trianna could be happy at least, her unborn son was healthy at 2 and a half months though she felt more hormonal and irritable. Already one penal recruit had crossed her and she did not take prisoners.

Trianna had the offender flogged for not saluting a superior. "Colonel, your stance on discipline is admirable. Make them fear you more than the enemy" advised Commissar Kaine. "They're violent criminals, they only respect force. Making a few examples each day has a habit of keeping them in line" answered Trianna. "Colonel, what are their chances of survival when sent against the empire's enemies?" asked Commissar Kaine. "About 1 in 10 might come back" answered Trianna. "The political office back home agrees with tougher discipline for Penal Legions, already my officers had to execute another six today" replied Commissar Kaine. "What were their offenses?" asked Trianna. "Refusing to carry out basic orders from my officers" answered Commissar Kaine. "There's more lesser criminal in the cells to replace them, be tough on them and make sure word gets out about those six traitors" replied Trianna.

NMXb2ph.png
                                    • Options
                                      Betazed (MU red)

Having seen the situation was under control, Commissar Kaine and his officer left Betazed taking the Penal troops with them for entry into the new Imperial Penal Legions along with the other criminals. With Betazed now cleared of criminals, crime had dropped to zero as General Smith finished up his report to the empress. Trianna and Isoisa Hetal were in their quarters just discussing baby names, "What about Ablim after his father?" asked Isoisa. Trianna trying not to throw up rushed to the bathroom before reemerging 20 minutes later with "Ablim would be perfect." Isoisa just gave her wife a hug and agreed that it would honor their late comrade.

Meanwhile, Mereu Smith was being the neighborhood doctor tending to Betazoid civilians and training them. For Jasmine Smith, it was admin and working with the civilian leadership. For Pitaskli and Sidis, they had become close over the war and in a private ceremony, they married in accordance to Betazoid customs. When the rest of the Brigands found out, they smiled and said in chorus "eloped did you?" "You could say that" chorused Pitaskli and Sidis laughing. "Animal blood is a pain to get out" said Sidis afterwards which was met a sea of laughs and a "congratulations Mr and Mrs Pitaskli." "Thanks all of you" said Sidis with a smile. Pitaskli just smiled and then asked Trianna "hows your little Brigand doing?" "He's doing well, both me and Isoisa have decided to call him Ablim in honor of his father" answered Trianna smiling.

"What about seizing your family name, your sister dishonored it but you have brought honor back to it" suggested Isoisa. "Time to stop running from my past, the name of Bray has been buried for too long" answered Trianna. After a legal name change, Trianna was now Trianna Bray. Isoisa also changed her name to Bray. Both now renewed their vows in a Betazoid ceremony attended only by their friends. Afterwards they toasted with non-alcoholic drinks, "to family and honor." The Brigands now sat in the open air outside the personnel quarters in the compound in total silence to remember those Brigands who never made it.
                                      NMXb2ph.png
                                      • Options
                                        I.S.S. Straub, Orion Sector (MU red)

Commissar Kaine had his officer gather the convicts in the ship's cargo bay. He was very brutal to them on the reality of why they were here, "It is with your toil and your labour that you shall be redeemed. Through bloodshed you shall know absolution! The blood that shall be shed shall be both that of your enemies and your own. You are all here because you are scum, but you're the Empress's scum. You have skills that are useful to Her and whether you wish it or not, they will be made use of. Given the choice between death and serving, the Empress thanks you for your service."

Everyone gulped, already Kaine's regime had begun cutting the chaff from the wheat as his officers dealt with any trouble makers. Kaine carried on with his speech, "Comply and your stay with us will be somewhat comfortable but cause trouble and this happens" as one of his officers randomly executed one of the convicts. "Those who survive will regain their citizenship, the Empress will make sure your families are looked after while you are here with us and in the case of your death in exchange for your service" finished Kaine. There was a slight smile on some of the convicts, they were all worried more about the commissars making more examples. Among them was Convict Paris, he was now in fear of his life as there Trill convicts there who would want to hurt him, the commissars had already taken a dislike to him.

Betazed (MU red)

Dexter Smith was supervising the repairs to the Regent's palace along with his officers, "building safe to use, we can move headquarters over to the palace in 48 hours. Fleet Admiral Heath has sent her thanks, her things made it to Terra intact" reported Trianna after consulting with the engineers. "Let the Lot's have the palace, it's their ancestral home" said Dexter. "Well we did find a Cardassia Villa complete with outer walls for defense and weapon emplacements, perfect for a HQ and in the middle of town for working with the citizens on a daily basis" whispered Trianna to Dexter. "Let's have a look then" answered Dexter in a quiet tone. The Brigands got to the address and had a look, "15 bedrooms complete with bathrooms attached, a board room and a kitchen complete with garden and really thick wall" said Dexter.

"We'll take it" said Trianna as the empty building was commandeered as Colonial military headquarters. The Brigands now called it home as the site was expanded to include landing pads, barracks and other support facilities. The boardroom became the command centre for operations on Betazed as consoles, displays and computer cores began arriving. Trianna and Leclerc supervised the computer installations, after the installation they both worked on updating the security net and were done in six hours. Isoisa Bray and the rest of the Brigands all claimed their rooms as Dexter and Mereu Smith got the master bedroom, the Brays choose the one across from the Smiths. Dexter Smith now had to introduce himself to a new officer assigned to Betazed, Both Dexter and Trianna both sat down in Dexter's new office when Lt Mario Petrofski was escorted in by Dexter's guards.

"Lt, have a seat please and at ease" said Dexter after Petrofski saluted. "Sir, Lt Mario Petrofski reporting for duty" replied Petrofski. "Lt, you come highly recommended" said Trianna. "I had nowhere else to go, my father was Vladimir Petrofski and his shame has tainted my family for generations to come" answered Petrofski. "So you volunteered to serve with us" asked Trianna who at the same time was reading Petrofski's mind looking for any deception. Trianna nodded to Dexter then Dexter introduced himself, "My name is Brigadier General Dexter Smith and on my right is Lt Col Trianna Bray, her little interrogation was to prove to us that you were being truthful. You passed, if you had failed the colonel would have shot you by now." "What's your skill set?" asked Trianna. "Communications ma'am" answered Petrofski. "What type of communications?" asked Trianna.

"Subspace ma'am, I might have a way of boosting subspace signals across the network for faster communications empire wide" answered Petrofski. "Faster communication is an advantage" advised Trianna. Dexter nodded in agreement and and welcomed Petrofski into the Brigands, he had already proven himself a survivor at the Dominion invasion of Betazed and held out until he was rescued. "You'll fit right in though we'll have to get to know you first" said Dexter. "Understood sir" answered Petrofski.

NMXb2ph.png
                                        • Options
                                          Arawath system (prime)
                                          USS Valiant

"Status report," Captain McBrocken asked.
                                          "Section B mine deployment at 67%," Vyrrl her Vulcan science officer reported.
                                          "Right on schedule," she stretched. "This is so much easier when you have more ships. Doing the Badlands with just the nine of us took forever."
                                          "I do remember ma'am."
                                          "Captain," Tyjee the Trill operations officer interrupted. "I have a priority one call for you."
                                          Augustine turned to look at him.
                                          "I never get those. Who's it from?"
                                          "Starfleet HQ, ma'am."
                                          "This is very ood. I'll take it in my office."
                                          She left the bridge and went to the room that doubled as her quarters and office.
                                          Sitting at her desk she turned on the monitor and was greeted by the President.
                                          "Oh... Hello sir."
                                          "Hello captain. I'll get to point. You are aware of the new Empress of the mirror universes?"
                                          "I was there sir."
                                          "To say that this was unexpected would be a gross understatement. No one would ever have expected a Federation officer to assume such a position."
                                          "Yes sir."
                                          "And I'm lead to believe that no one else knows her like you do?"
                                          "In the times I did talk to her, she's still the same Lazy."
                                          "Lazy?"
                                          "It's what I've called her since we met at the academy."
                                          "Good. That is what I was hoping for."
                                          "I'm confused sir."
                                          "Captain McBrocken, you are now the best expert we have on how she thinks and will act. We need that expertise in case of hostilities."
                                          "That's crazy! Sorry sir, but she doesn't have any hostile intentions towards us."
                                          "Not yet."
                                          "With all due respect sir, I don't like what you just implied."
                                          "You are not to share this with anyone Captain. If you do you will be summarily court martialed. Understood?"
                                          "Yes sir."
                                          "That Heath Layress over there is a temporal anomaly of our own. There are those who see her very existence as a danger to the stability of the fabric of reality. They think it would be for the best if she didn't exist anymore."
                                          "She's over there in other universe."
                                          "As long as she exists they feel there's the threat that she may come back and cause havoc."
                                          "All she wants is to be left alone. Especially now that she's expecting. If they try to kill her..."
                                          "She has thousands more ships at her disposal than we do. Plus I'm not sure how our Allies will respond to our trying to kill a pregnant woman."
                                          "We wouldn't have any Allies."
                                          "You see my problem."
                                          "I see that you should just leave things alone. You want to know what would happen if they tried to kill her? She would come over here with all her toys and once she explained to everyone why she was here, I can't think of a single captain that would oppose her. Ok maybe one or two, but the point is that no one will stop her as she comes for you and all those responsible. You attack her, and you will be handing her the Federation on a platter."
                                          He was silent for a minute then spoke.
                                          "Thank you for your input Captain. I will pass that along."
                                          The screen went blank.
                                          Stupid gobshikes are going to get themselves killed, she thought. Oh well, hail Empress Lazy I suppose.
                                        • Options
                                          Colonial Headquarters, Betazed (MU red)

General Smith got his teams to work, Isoisa Bray had begun training shuttle pilots while Trianna and Leclerc were installing a new upgrade to the security net back at base. The Pitasklis were working with the local citizens by joint security patrols around the Colonial perimeter and listening out for any problems, problems that were fixed relatively quickly. Already markets, schools and more hospitals were being constructed as the Betazoid population increased. Petrofski and Wilkinson were working on construction of a more powerful communication tower to replace the one destroyed in the war, until the tower was built, all communications to Terra were being relayed via the Warrior. T'Pamne and Lenaris both were speaking with the Betazoid elders on matters that affected the Betazoid people daily in a conference in the rebuilt temple.

Back at headquarters, Mereu Smith had set up an infirmary for treating any citizen and soldier who needed medical attention. General Dexter Smith was in a meeting with Papela Lot who personally promoted Smith to the post of the Empress's Overseer for Betazed. Papela having seen how efficient things were being run had given her endorsement, befitting an Overseer's rank, Smith had been promoted to Lt. General. Papela then toured the colony with her guards speaking with Dexter and advising him on Betazoid customs and culture, "General, Betazoids respect openness and honesty. Your war on crime has given you the support of the ordinary citizenry and increased security, keeping your troops in line and the alcohol ban for serving military personnel has also reduced flare ups between military and citizenry." "Ma'am, policy is that all cases are dealt with on an individual level, things like theft, violent assault and financial racketeering are punishable if found guilty by compulsory military service in the penal legion, the most heinous and serious if found guilty are hanged publicly. If any of my troops misbehave, they are dealt with by Colonel Bray and she's already feared by the troops, she does not take prisoners if the offender is proven guilty and I do apologize, Militia have just caught a suspected deserter. I'll deal with it" answered Dexter.

"Then I will observe" replied Papela. At the checkpoint out of town, the militia saluted Dexter and Papela before informing Dexter about their 'guest' stood in front of a wall with phaser rifles pointed at him. "What's your name soldier?" asked Dexter. "Private Reinhart Lowe sir" answered the soldier. "Private Lowe, you were supposed to be on duty two hours ago and yet you are stood here at the checkpoint out of town in uniform with no military ID and a bag full of supplies trying to leave without anyone knowing. That makes you a suspected deserter and you know what the penalty is for going AWOL" replied Dexter. Private Lowe gulped as Dexter had the soldier put into his provost's custody. "Sgt, make sure the Colonel has a word with him first and schedule this man's execution for 1600 Betazed time" ordered Dexter. "general" acknowledged the provost NCO. "Mr Hagen, thank you for your vigilance" said Dexter afterwards. Militiaman Hagen saluted Dexter and said "doing our duty." "Carry on with the good work" answered Dexter. Hagen and his team smiled and got back to work checking IDs and searching people if they suspected something was off.

Dexter, Papela and her guards were then flown back to headquarters where Dexter now proposed a mixed council, 50% military and 50% civilian so both both parties had equal power. "General, how's Trianna doing?" asked Papela. "I'm doing very well mother though the whole pregnant part is very limiting at the moment" answered Trianna. "Congratulations, boy or girl?" asked Papela. "Boy, he's being named Ablim to honor his father" answered Trianna. "Then teach him a better way and be firm but fair" advised Papela. "Yes mother" answered Trianna. "General, make sure my adopted daughter is watched over and looked after"said Papela. "We've put her on light duties and a strict diet, Trianna is like a little sister. We'll keep an eye on her for you" answered Dexter. "I know you will" replied Papela.

NMXb2ph.png