Install Arc
Options

Mirror Wars (RP Thread)

Comments

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    evil_minds_think_alike_by_gx_9901_dbflkgc_1.png

Pelagia and Admiral Naynta Lot (By @galatt )

Patrolling the Beta Quadrant, Admiral Lot and the crew of the I.S.S. Athena were half way into their journey to chart the Azura Nebula, troubled by the lack of aggression in her mission, Admiral Lot, her companion, Commander Pelagia, had to find other means to distract themselves from their burden of an assignment.

Pelagia, a member of the Ask'kaar Sovereignty, had been assigned to the Los Lobos by her government as a gesture by her people to see if cooperation was possible with the Terran Empire.

Screams of Federation victims, abducted during te skirmishes of 2411 echoed through the corridors of Athena. "You know, I love the screaming, but I feel you may be pushing her too hard this time Naynta. Pelagia said to Admiral Lot as she turned to Pelagia with a sharp grin on her face.

"Being a telepath, It isn't required for them to speak, their minds will turn against them in a pathetic attempt to end their torment, She's told me everything I wanted to know, and she hasn't even said one word.

Pelagia let out a chuckle, looking over the broken Trill officer, Naynta had spent the past hour tormenting. "Have you learned anything new?"

"Of course, the Federation is currently fighting a species called the Tzenkathi, apparently they're destroying worlds infested with low-level lifeforms." Naynta pushed, taking a moment to center her thoughts. "Spots here was part of a science team sent to one of these worlds to determine the reason for the Tzenkathi attack."

"And what did they learn?"

"Not much." Naynta grinned brandishing her dagger. "Our teams abducted them before they could finish their work, but they did recover some kind of crystal egg," Naynta told Pelagia, handing her a PADD.

"We're not sure what it is, but it's mere existence is enough to cause the Tzenkathi to wipe out all life on a planet to eliminate them." Naynta reached to the officer, pinching her on the cheeks. "I wonder if they'll go to great lengths to exterminate these rocks, should they suddenly appear on Bajor or Earth."

FOUNDRY NEWS

I haven't touched the foundry recently, got some stuff I'd rather not be doing atm which has taken priority. That and coming be exhausted from the gym or work, can't really motivate myself to make epic stuff.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    Imperial Palace, Terra (MU)

It was the morning of the wedding as security took up positions. Trianna and Dexter Smith both made sure everything on the ground was ready. "Sharpshooter teams, everyone in position?" asked Trianna. "Roger that, snipers in position. Throne room and place windows covered" replied Spectre team commander Lorenzo. "Good, deploying drones now" replied Trianna activating her drones. "Sidis, put the crew on alert. No unauthorized ships get through, if they do not comply you have permission to shoot them down" ordered Dexter. "Consider it done Dex" answered Sidis over the com channel.

Dexter, I'll leave you to your duties, mother has to inspect us" said Trianna. "Have fun" answered Dexter sarcastically. Trianna then left the security office. "Brigand leader to Bandit leader, make sure you only have Betazoids on duty today. If anyone is going to strike, we'll have some warning" ordered Dexter over the secure channel. "Bandit Teams ready and standing by, we'll work directly with the Imperial Guard here in the palace" answered Bandit Leader. "Copy that, Brigand out" replied Dexter as he sighed uneasily. Trianna meanwhile stood to attention as Papela inspected her and the Lot sisters, Trianna had taken the precaution of having a pistol holster concealed on the right leg under her dress with a smaller Phaser pistol holstered. On the Brigand, Sidis had Hetal take up position in the Terran orbital defense fleet. Admiral Solat's orders to block access to Terra by making sure no unauthorized ships got through. Terra was becoming a fortress as the rebuilt defense grid was activated, all Solat's forces had to do was watch and wait.

At the palace, Dexter reviewed security with Papela checking on the sniper and security teams. "Smith to Sidis, deploy gamma squad to the palace, we need more Betazoid troops down here" ordered Smith over a secure com channel. Gamma Squad reported straight to Dexter as instructed. "Ditch the uniform, you are going to be undercover in the throne room so go and get changed into your smartest civilian clothing, something where you can conceal a weapon" ordered Dexter. The Betazoid Squad left the room and went to get changed, they were back within 20 minutes and sent to their guard positions at strategic points in the throne room. "You are concerned" said Papela, Dexter replied "something does not feel right, call it gut instinct. This may be the calm before the storm." "Something Danton said must have spooked you" answered Papela, "think of it this way, a wedding is a perfect trap to eliminate all political opposition. If the conspirators strike, we may have a massacre on our hands. Something we need to avoid" replied Dexter. "A valid point, we could also use this wedding to catch the conspirators at the same time" answered Papela, "this works both ways, my people will be ready" replied Dexter. "Thank you for that insight, I'll leave you to your duties" answered Papela as she left the room flanked by her guards.

NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
      edited July 2017
      Terra
      Imperial Palace
      (12 hours ago)
      "So, it's started," Heath observed distant flashes looking out the window.
      "I did tell you it would," Sito confirmed. "And please come away from the window before someone shoots you."
      "I wish they would. They could triangulate and return fire before they got away."
      "Orbital bombardment? That's a bit excessive."
      "Federation tactical officers can hit individuals and small groups from orbit and only stun them."
      "That's... impressive. And wasteful."
      "Why?"
      "A ship weapon with a stun setting. Wasteful."
      "Great for impressing the more primitive types."
      "Doesn't that violate your prime directive?"
      "Sometimes you need to rescue your away team when they TRIBBLE up."
      "You sure weren't born here?"
      "We wouldn't be having all this happening if I was."
      "Just come away from there, alright?"
      Heath left the window and sat down next to her.
      "Better?"
      "Yes. I swear you do things like that to aggravate me just to get even."
      "Now why would I do that?" Heath asked pulling out the sticks the held up her hair and shaking it out.
      "Your a cruel woman Lazy. God, I love that about you. Among many other things as well."
      "I love you too you sadistic witch." Heath's smile faded. "I suppose it'll only get worse from this point on."
      "More than likely. There may be a few minor attempts, but I expect them to try something major at the wedding itself."
      "You know Truzena gave me a compression pistol that fits in my bouquet? I can just point them at people and shoot."
      "You should be nicer to her. She's so creative with her weapons."
      "You've no idea how many times I didn't punish her because she was so helpful."
      Before they could continue the door opened and Papela came in flanked by her guards.
      "Out you lot," she ordered and the guards retreated out of the room closing the door behind.
      "Oh my darlings, I am so sorry," she apologized walking over to them and sitting down. "You've been here over a week and I've barely said a word to either of you."
      "You have had a lot to do."
      " That's no excuse Thay. I should always make time for you and my future daughter in law, who is carrying my grandchildren. So have you thought about names yet?"
      The switch in from Empress to Grandma mode was sudden.
      "Actually we already decided," Heath said.
      "Ohsa and Prin."
      Papela smiled.
      "After your mother? Oh little one that is so sweet. I'll soon have another Sito Prin around."
      "Actually..."
      "Yes?"
      "After the wedding , I'm changing my name to hers."
      "What, Heath Thay? It does sound nice."
      "New life, new beginning, new name."
      Papela pulled them both in and held them.
      "It's moments like this that makes it all worth while. And I hope you'll forgive me for what I've done."
      "Different universe, different rules. I understand that."
      "Oh my child, that's not what I meant. But hopefully it's something you won't have to worry about."
      There was a knock at the door. Papela sighed.
      " Now off to bed you two and I mean to sleep. You have a lot to do tomorrow.
      She kissed them both on the cheek then left.
      "Is she always that cryptic?"
      "Yes. Get used to it."

(Present)

It was a day that would long be remembered by all for different reasons.

The Empress stood the platform, constructed so that all could have a clear view, both spectator and security. Next to her the Kai, religious leader of Bajor stood smiling. Around the platform the ten Bajoran orbs sat on columns of their own. The Kai had come with the orbs at the Emissaries request to officiate the ceremony.
      The Empress raised her hand.
      Music began playing.
      "Eyes open, fingers on triggers," went across all security channels.
      Two ground vehicles pulled up to either side of the platform. Raising up as they pulled level with it. From each one of the bride's and their attendants exited. The two groups met in front of the Empress turned to face her and bowed their heads.
      She stepped forward.
      "There are few things give me greater joy..."
      That was are as she got before all ten of the orbs opened of their own accord and bathe all those present on the platform in their light.

Bajor sector (mu)
      Most were occupied watching the wedding of the Emissaries. A few had chartered a ship to offer their prayers at gateway to the Celestial Temple itself. It was then much to they're delight when the wormhole opened in front of them seemingly in answer to their prayers.
      Their joy however was very short lived.
      Ships poured out of the opening. They first counted them by the tens, then the hundreds. They would have continued counting but several of the smaller ones considered them an obstacle and cleared them from the path. The view of the wormhole from Bajor was obscured by the number of ships that continued to emerge from it.

Terra

Those within the light saw the ship's come through. Their view shifted to the bridge of the largest of the ship. It zoomed in on two figures, one standing the other seated.
      "The first wave is almost through," standing one said. The showed he had the typical Vorta ear ridges. "The others are forming on the other side. The Founders have the utmost confidence in you."
      The seated figure crossed her legs, and smiled.
      "Home sweet home," Leeta purred. "Time to see what they've been up."

The cases closed and the light disappeared.
      Papela looked them over.
      "You all saw that?"
      "She's finally showed herself," Thay growled. "Today of all days."
      "Ma'am, I've got reports of shots fired at the perimeter," Trianna said. "We should move..."
      "No," Papela stopped her midword.
      "To run at this point, is to admit that they can beat us. We are not at that point. Tell them to hold them off. We will finish the ceremony. We will enjoy this last moment of joy. Then, we will go to war."
      sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
    • Options
      Sol (MU)

"Prepare to defend yourselves, I'm now activating General Order 227, not a step back" ordered Solat to her fleet as Leeta's forces advanced onto the Belt. The Dominion ships advanced as they brought under fire from defense platforms all the way through, the Imperial ships held their fire until the Dominion armada got within 10,000 km. "Let's employ some deception, launch drones " ordered Solat as thousands of Romulan drone ships were launched from their carriers. The drones activated their holoskins and disguised themselves as Jem'Hadar bug ships and attacked. "What is this trickery?" demanded Leeta as she saw Jem Hadar ships fire on Jem Hadar ships causing mass confusion among the Dominion ranks.

The Enterprise and Brigand joined the battle after the ceremony was finished. "This is the empress, I am taking control of the fleet. We shall not run nor shall we surrender, all ships engage the enemy" ordered Papela leading the fleet from the Enterprise. "Brigand here, we may have an idea to even out the odds" suggested Dexter Smith over a secure channel to Enterprise. "Enterprise here, what do you have in mind?" asked Papela, "Trianna here, have our computer warfare teams start overriding their shields and weapons then turn their weapons on them" answered Trianna. "Could we overload their warp cores remotely?" asked Papela, "it might work in causing a small number into self destructing but it'll slow them down at most" answered Trianna. "It's worth a try, it might cut down their numbers but the fact is we're really outnumbered" added Dexter.

"Try it, let's turn their numbers against them" ordered Papela. "Copy that, Brigand out" answered Dexter. Computer warfare teams across the Imperial fleet now started to attack the Dominion computers and began overriding shields and weapons causing the Dominion ships to start firing on each other and hundreds more ships just began exploding as their warp core containment programmes were overridden as their ships were being infected by computer viruses. "All ships, form a defensive sphere and put a call out for loyalist forces to mount a relief operation. As of now Sol is under siege" ordered Papela, the defenders now formed an Antares sphere and prepared to meet the attack. Leeta thought of nothing but victory as her forces were decimated by computer attacks and defense platforms. Anchoring the defender's flanks were the guns of Ceres and Eros stations buried into the asteroids.

"We serve the Empress with our faith and devotion, and with faith there must also sometimes come sacrifice" said Dexter to the Brigand crew. No one showed fear as the first two waves closed in on the sphere, the sphere held as the assaults were repulsed by volleys of fire. Meanwhile as the defenders of Terra fought for their lives, the Andorians and Vulcans linked up with a Romulan Aristocracy armada and formed a relief force to break the siege of Sol. From her command ship, Leeta grew inpatient as her plan was not going accordingly how she wanted it. More and more Jem Hadar ships were funneled into the choke point at the Belt as Leeta's losses grew, the Antares sphere was holding as more Imperial ships were moving onto Sol. As the Jem Hadar pincers began to close round the sphere after 24 hours of fighting, the relief arrived and crashed into Leeta's flanks and rear.

Realizing she was about to be encircled, Dexter now decided to remove Leeta from the field all together. Taking control of his old ship the Bounty, Dexter aimed her at Leeta's command ship as Jasmine kept a lock on him with the transporter. The Bounty ran the gauntlet of polaron fire as she closed the distance and charged her warp core. "Wait, wait" ordered Dexter as he set the final kamikaze course only being beamed off just as the Bounty slammed into Leeta's command ship as her warp core went critical and exploded. Leeta being the survivalist escaped her ship in a shuttle as the command ship tore itself apart. The loss of the command ship was a blow to the Dominion fleet as the Vorta in charge called a retreat from Sol. The Siege of Sol was an Imperial victory and Terra saved but at a cost of 300 ships lost with 36,000 casualties. Among the dead was Ablim Zolat who was killed protecting Papela as her console exploded. On the Brigand, the crew counted their losses. 50 dead with 60 wounded and the ship badly damaged was the bill.

On Terra later that day, Papela asked Trianna to sit down and she gave her the bad news. On the Brigand later that day, the crew banded together to make sure their friend was alright. Trianna did find solace in Hetal's arms as Dexter and the rest of the senior staff joined her in mourning their fallen friend. "Leeta has made this personal, Leeta is a dead woman walking from now on" said Trianna angrily and the rest of the crew agreed. "Leeta is now our sworn enemy, she killed one of us so we'll repay her by making sure she dies" said Dexter to the crew, the crew now shouted "So say we all" and the battle cry was repeated across the fleet. For the Brigands, this war was just beginning. On Terra, Heath and Sito now plotted their revenge against Leeta.

NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      • Options
        Terra
        Palace meeting room

"To be blunt, we can't win."
        Heath stared at the gathered faces seated around the table.
        "This is a full invasion force. They sent one wave at us. The others have occupied Bajor, Trill, Cardassia, and the force that left here diverted to Betazed and as now laying siege to them. Marie's little temper tantrum has left many of the core worlds open to attack. We simply do not have the ship's to stop them. Your computer trick won't work a second time. They'll stop shooting and just start ramming us instead. They can do it a lot more than we can. Time to face the facts, without serious reinforcements we have three months, maybe four before they win the war of attrition. Damnit, I'm still in my wedding dress. This is not how I pictured my honeymoon."
        Despite the grim forecast, that provoked a few smiles.
        "And you look lovely dear," Papela said graciously. "You both still do. But that..."
        "I can get us the ship's," Thay said calmly.
        All heads turned to her.
        "But, I need to get to the wormhole to do it."
        "And that's firmly behind enemy lines," Dexter said glumly. "Any other ideas?"
        Heath looked at her.
        "Not waiting for a response?"
        "No time. I'll get them and bring them here."
        "You mean we'll go get them and bring them back."
        "Lazy..."
        "No discussion. You go, I go. Besides I have experience at dealing with being horribly out numbered and surviving."
        "Because I saved you."
        "So you can do it again."
        "What the hell are you two talking about?" Trianna demanded.
        "A plan she's been working on for sometime," Papela announced. She looked back and between the two newlyweds. "Go charge the enemy in your wedding dresses and bring us back help."
        "They'll never make it alone."
        "They won't be alone. Open channel Papela one. Send message, time to pluck the rose."
        "I'm confused," Dexter said.
        "Our anti cloaked ship detection grid was comprised by Danten's betrayal. So I arranged for a new one. And an escort for you in case you needed to do this."
        Papela smiled.
        "Mother knows best. Now get going. We'll hold out as long as we can but don't take too long."
        She kissed them both as they left.
        "Is someone going to explain all that?" Trianna asked.
        "Thay has contacted a parallel version of our universe. She has friends there who will help. I just hope they get here in time. In the meantime, we have defense plans to make."
      • Options
        Terra (MU)

"Dexter, what's the best way of slowing down an enemy advance?" asked Trianna. Dexter's answer was simple and to the point, "They rely on supply lines to keep their forces in the field so we avoid major fleet engagements and fight a guerrilla war by hitting their weak links, their supplies. Hit and run strikes, dart in and retreat if we face too much opposition." "Which ties down ships and resources to protect their supply lines" replied Trianna. "We could also set up resistance movements behind their lines, anything that ties down ships and troops helps us, I propose a raid on their supply shipments just behind their lines" added Dexter. "We do have disabled Dominion ships in Sol so we could do a false flag operation" suggested Trianna. "Ice, that might actually work" answered Dexter.

"We have a weapon that may turn the tide of this war, something my "father" built and used to wipe out entire civilizations that threatened the Empire in a temporal war. If it comes down to it, we may be forced to use it to wipe out the Dominion before they are even a threat" suggested Trianna. "Removing them from history sounds very extreme, are we facing the same dilemma that Allies faced at the end of Terra's WW2, risk extreme losses taking the war to the enemy in a costly invasion of their home territory or use our equivalent of the Atom Bomb to stop this invasion from happening?" asked Dexter. "Mr. Smith raises a good point, this weapon has the capability to wipe our enemy out from history but get the calculations wrong and we could damage the timeline" said Papela.

"That's the problem, how do we defeat this enemy without resorting to genocide?" asked Trianna. "The Prophets, we have the orbs. We could find a way of convincing them to stop all passage through the wormhole" suggested Dexter. "How do we get to the wormhole without attracting unwanted attention?" asked Trianna. "Home field advantage, we contact the Prophets via the orbs here on Terra and convince them to bar all traffic through the wormhole, we use the plight of the Bajorans as ammunition to get their help" answered Dexter. "We need a Bajoran to ask them" replied Trianna, Dexter just smiled and answered "we do, Mr. Lenaris, our Bajoran chaplain." "Or a pair of emissaries" replied Trianna smiling. Papela called a break to the meeting and sent everyone out apart from Trianna and Dexter.

"Little one, I see you are not letting grief get in the way, you want to make them pay for your Imzadi, your thoughts are clear on that" said Papela. "There's an old Terran saying, Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. My late Imzadi will be avenged, Mr. Lenaris once said to me prayer cleanses the soul, pain cleanses the body. I will focus my fury on the enemy and they will pay for what they have done" replied Trianna. "Zolat was one of us, the Brigands never forget an enemy. We'll make them pay for every Brigand killed or wounded at the Belt" added Dexter. "I know they will, your false flag plan is approved. Make their rear lines burn, stir up resistance and show the invaders that they messed with the wrong empire" ordered Papela. "Since it will be a high risk operation, I've got something to ask" said Dexter. "What is the request?" asked Papela, Dexter plucked up the courage and asked "could you officiate me and Mereu's wedding before we go and cause the enemy some trouble?"

NMXb2ph.png
        • Options
          Terra (MU)

Trianna was sat in her room reading the last letter she got from Zolat when Hetal knocked on the door. Trianna got up and let her in. "Trianna, you need some company?" asked Hetal showing support for her fellow Brigand. "Isoisa, have you ever lost people who you were close to?" asked Trianna wiping the tears from her eyes. "I watched my father hang for a crime he did not commit and I lost a brother during the Third Battle of Archanis, he was on the I.S.S. Blood hound when it was destroyed with all hands lost" answered Hetal. "My sister was murdered and replaced by an insane clone, my mother was killed on that thing's orders and my Imzadi was killed in action, I tried to erase those memories but they keep resurfacing" replied Trianna.

"Something like that cannot be buried so easily, loss is part of life no matter how hard you try to save loved ones, remember all the good times because they're not really dead as long as you remember them. The dead watch over us and guide us." answered Hetal. "The war will claim many more victims before it is over, we cannot stand back and let families be destroyed like this. We must be avenging angels ready to kill the hated enemy, honor demands it" replied Trianna. "On Brigand Hill, we resolved to stand our ground despite losing friends. Each one lost was fuel for revenge, revenge which we took gladly when we destroyed the last True Way army, vengeance is a powerful weapon" answered Hetal as she held Trianna's hand. "It is indeed" replied Trianna as she gave Hetal a kiss. "I'll see to it that you share quarters with me on the ship" said Trianna afterwards smiling.

"Looking forward to more "fun" he he" replied Hetal. There was a knock on the door and Dexter walked in and told both his friends that Mereu needed bridesmaids, "Her majesty has agreed to officiate me and Mereu's wedding before we set off, the Brigands are going to make the enemy pay so I need you both down in the courtyard in 30 minutes in your most stunning dresses." "Congratulations Dex, we'll find something stunning" said Trianna. "I better contact mum and dad to tell them the good news. I want them here to see their son get married, ladies, I'll leave you to your dress search. Ice, thank you" said Dexter smiling. "Dex, lets give the crew something to remember and congratulations" said Hetal. "Thank you Isoisa" replied Dexter.

Meanwhile, Mereu was preparing for her big day as she was picking out a wedding dress with Jasmine's help. "Stunning, though you'll have to make Dexter wait, in Terran tradition it's bad luck for the groom to see his bride before the wedding" said Jasmine advising her future sister in law. "Your folks coming?" asked Mereu, Jasmine answered "they are, Dexter has just told them the good news and knowing dad, he'll be in his dress blues." "The rest of the gang already know, they all have decided on their most formal clothing. In his guest room, Dexter got ready with Lenaris and Pitaskli's help as they broke out the classic two piece suit and ties. They made sure their shoes were polished and everything was perfect, "Ibarid, I need a best man" said Dexter. Pitaskli accepted and since Mereu had no family, the crew decided to give her away at her wedding.

NMXb2ph.png
          • Options
            Vulcan Sector (MU)

Admiral Solat's fleet were on campaign acting as an emergency fire brigade plugging gaps in the Imperial lines. Her strategy was one of rolling with the punches and then counter-attacking throw the invaders off balance. Her tactics had formed a stable front line along the Beta and Alpha quadrant boundary, any ship that could be begged, borrowed or stolen was pressed into service along with their crews. Already the Imperials had suffered one of their worst defeats when Imperial 7th Fleet commander Admiral Thran attempted to retake the Tyra system.

114 ships had gone in but were encircled by 300 Jem Hadar attack ships and virtually wiped out along with their crews, only 12 ships got out and their crews decimated. Tyra was a wake up call and all other offensives were canceled as new of Betazed's fall reached Terra. On Trill and Bajor, resistance was mounting to the Dominion occupation as citizens started forming cells in the remote areas of both planets. On Betazed, resistance had started causing trouble as bombs were detonated at new Dominion installations. Ordinary Betazoids now used their minds as weapons attacking the occupiers telepathically causing Jem' Hadar to go insane and start shooting each other. For every act of resistance, the Dominion reprisals were brutal as they executed whole towns as a warning to others. On Trill and Bajor it was the same story, the reprisals had the opposite effect as more citizens took up arms and joined the resistance cells across occupied territory.

Solat's defensive campaign was the only good news and her crews were lionized as heroes who were fighting an enemy that greatly outnumbered them. On worlds still in Imperial hands, propaganda put out the call quoting Churchill's "we'll fight them on the beaches, we'll fight them in the fields and streets but we will never surrender." Conscription was increased and volunteers encouraged to join up as the empire was now on a war footing. Even the Klingons having got wind of Dominion atrocities against civilians stopped their rebellion and joined the Imperials along the front bolstering Solat's forces along with Romulan, Andorian and Vulcan ships. All Solat had to do was hold the Dominion in place acting as the anvil for when Heath brought her cavalry. The entire Beta Quadrant stood behind Papela putting their disagreements aside with her as they now faced a common enemy.

Behind Dominion lines, pirates, smugglers and underground units now openly attacked Dominion ships in hit and run raids using the badlands as cover to hide their bases. Imperial ships caught behind enemy lines joined them along with the Breen and Cardassians in opposing the Dominion, they formed partisan units who's job it was to attack and divert Dominion resources away from the front lines. Leeta and her Dominion allies were being bogged down as their rear areas were under attack from insurgents, given the scale of resistance, Leeta was forced to call off her new offensive on Sol in order to secure her rear. Solat's defensive tactics were having an effect as Leeta was being forced into a stalemate, Leeta did not expect what would happen next as she would be facing the Brigands and they had a crazy plan to cause even more confusion, Dexter Smith would use captured Dominion ships and launch a long range raid against the Dominion supply lines near Denobula. Dexter had the biggest challenge of his life first, he was getting married.
            NMXb2ph.png
            • Options
              edited July 2017
              ISS Enterprise
              (Edge of the Terra system)

"I think we may be the best dressed bridge crew ever," Thay mused as she looked around. Everyone was still in the clothes from the wedding as they manned their positions. "Maybe we should dress like this all the time."
              "I am not dressing like this everyday," Callie complained.
              "But you look so cute."
              "I'll stab you in your sleep."
              "Now your dress is your official uniform. Along with the shoes."
              "I'm going to steal that time weapon and go back and change things so I'm the older sister."
              "Good luck with that. In the meantime," Thay turned serious. "What's our best option for getting there?"
              "None really. The fastest way takes us straight through their heaviest controlled space. And going around them... we'd never make it back in time."
              "Then we'll have to straight path."
              "Your counting on them to not be able to detect us," Heath said. "Not a good idea. She knows how your ships work and given her supporters on Terra can most likely see through the cloak."
              "You have a better idea?" Callie asked.
              "She said we had an escort. Why don't we ask them if they have any ideas."
              "..."
              "It's worth a shot," Thay said. "Transmit low power, immediate area only. Attention escort, you know where we need to get and what's in front of us. Do you have any ideas on how to do that? Now we wai..."
              "Incoming signal."
              "Where from?"
              "About five hundred meters off our starboard."
              "That's close. I don't like having something that close without knowing about it. What do they say?"
              "'Plot your course starting from here.' And there are coordinates... Ma'am it's just outside the Bajor system."
              "Bajor? How do they expect us to get there?"
              "Ask them that."
              "They replied 'let us handle that. Signal when ready'."
              "Cheeky. I think like them"

Dominion flagship
              "That was a colossal waste of resources. All those ships lost and for what?"
              "Testing their strength."
              Leeta and the Vorta Nydon stood in front of the display.
              "I wanted to see if this was going to be a sprint or a marathon. Now we know to settle in for the long game."
              "Good. I take it that there will be no more wasteful uses of our resources?"
              "No more. Although, I do think it is time for our surprise."
              "In a way this gives me no pleasure. And yet I would like to see the looks on their faces. Would you like to do it?"
              "I wouldn't deprive you of the pleasure."
              "Thank you."
              Nydon gave a command and a signal was sent out. Across the quadrant, those loyal to Leeta and her cause received their orders.
              I was a resistance fighter before most of them out there were even born, Leeta thought smiling. I can play the sabotage game just as well as they can.
            • Options
              Terra (MU)

After a quick ceremony, The Smiths were all in a strategy meeting with Trianna and Papela. "Leeta has played her card, limited damage and Counter-Insurgency units have dealt with all saboteurs, we had a feeling Leeta would pull something like this. Dexter, how many captured ships can be ready for you operation in 24 hours?" asked General Smith. "We have thousands of disabled enemy ships here in Sol, We've got ten operational assault ships. The rest we can repair and press into service" answered Dexter. "Those disabled ships could give us the breathing space to replace our losses" added Jasmine. "It'll give Leeta a surprise, we need to keep a few ships though for our scientists and engineers to study and reverse engineer their technology" said Dexter

"How many can be put into service within the week?" asked Papela. "Engineers have reported that they can get at least 90 operational by week's end" answered Trianna. "Little one, how well do you know Solat?" asked Papela. "She's a personal friend, someone I trust" answered Trianna. "What are her loyalties?" asked Papela, "loyal" answered Trianna. "Good, her defensive campaign has Leeta bogged down into a stalemate" replied Papela. "Send Solat those 90 ships, she'll need them and she does not care where they come from, as long as they can fight" suggested Trianna. "Solat has stabilized the front and is holding in a mobile defensive campaign" added Dexter. "It's her style, roll with the punches and counter-attack when her opponent exposes a loose flank. The enemy either retreats or risks being destroyed" replied Trianna. "Effective and efficient" noted Papela and she gave the go ahead for the first captured ships pressed into service to be sent to Solat.

"Captain Smith, you've got 48 hours to prepare your force for your operation" ordered Papela. "I'll get it done in 24, we'll work overtime if we have to" answered Dexter. "Good, your Operation Cobra is authorized" replied Papela. "Majesty, we may have a way of replacing our manpower partially. We have million of prisoners" suggested General Smith. "Penal units who get the most dangerous duties and can be used for the most dangerous missions, no one expects them to survive long" pointed out Trianna to Papela. "If they survive, they get a pardon. Start recruiting penal units, you have authorization to conscript them General" ordered Papela. "Yes majesty" answered General Smith. "You all know your jobs, get to it. Mr. Smith, if you have to use scorched earth and scorched space, you have authorization to destroy anything that is of use to the enemy" ordered Papela. "Yes majesty" answered Dexter. Papela then called an end to the meeting and everyone left for their posts.

NMXb2ph.png
              • Options
                Denobula System (MU)

The Brigand Squadron were in position after infiltrating Dominion front lines 13 hours earlier. Dexter Smith and Trianna and Lot were planning the attack on Leeta's base carefully. What they planned was insanity at it's finest, they would do a "Betazed" in order to destroy the Dominion forward supply base on Denobula's surface. The squadron of 10 Jem Hadar attack ships using captured Dominion codes brazenly flew into the atmosphere and opened up the bomb bay doors as they came over the target. "One run then we leave the system" suggested Trianna, Smith agreed and waited until the base was in visual range. "Wait, wait" ordered Smith as the raiders closed to 600 metres of the base using a nap of the earth to get under Dominion sensors.

"Take us up to 1500 and deliver our surprise" ordered Trianna. The raiders now climbed and delivered their cargoes of nuclear warheads. The base and everything for 50 km was reduced to glass as bunker buster warheads crashed deep underground before detonating, the base had been totally destroyed as the raiders retreated by going into warp inside a planet's atmosphere. "Next target, Seginus. Intel reports it as a Dominion main supply route" suggested Trianna as she studied the star chart. "One last attack then we retreat back to our lines, let's not push our luck" suggested Smith. "Brigand One to all ships, set course for Seginus, maximum warp" ordered Trianna. Brigand Squadron changed course and were in the Seginus system within 7 hours and awaiting the target convoys.

They did not have to wait long as a large troop convoys was spotted heading to the front, Brigand Squadron brazenly joined the convoy getting behind them and locked weapons on the 6 escorts and fired at the weak point on the back of the bugships. They were destroyed before they could fire back, Brigand Squadron now opened fire on the 18 transports and destroyed 6 outright before making repeated runs until all 18 were nothing but wreckage. Brigand Squadron now left the system, destroying an orbital ketracel white facility on the way out. "Now we get back to our lines before we are detected" said Smith charting a route to Imperial lines. "Brigand One to all ships, set course for Sol. Follow us" ordered Trianna. The squadron now set course for Imperial lines following the lead ship. After a week of dodging patrols and picking up trapped Imperial ships, they arrived at Sol with the remnants of the 7th fleet and other units caught behind behind the lines to make sure these ships who were deemed loyal got home.

"How many lost?" asked Smith. "Everyone accounted for, all ships intact. Two wounded on Bandit" reported Trianna. "Let's deliver the good news to her majesty" replied Smith. "Indeed, I would love to see Leeta's face now" answered Trianna smiling. Both officers presented their reports to Papela and they were debriefed.

NMXb2ph.png
                • Options
                  ISS Enterprise

"Here's the plan" Callie explained. "We come out here below the Bajor system plane and make a straight line for the wormhole. Assuming that we get spotted, we'll have to fight our way through. Any questions?"
                  "Yes," Heath answered. "When we get to here, we should separate the ship."
                  "Why?"
                  "The two parts are more maneuverable than the whole. And let's be honest we can't fight our way through all those ships. Our only hope is to evade. Divert weapons power to engines and shields and run like hell."
                  "True... but we'll be defenseless."
                  "We have our cheeky escort," Thay countered. "They'll look after us."
                  "You hope."
                  "Callie, at some point you are going to have to learn that you can trust some people. In any case we will go with this plan. When we approach the wormhole, we'll rejoin the ship. Layress, you and your team will man the stardrive section."
                  "Wait," Heath protested. "You always man the stardrive section in combat."
                  "This time we're switching."
                  "No Admiral. We are not. They have no idea who I am. Push comes to shove, You and Callie have to get through to talk to them, not me."
                  Thay stared into her eyes.
                  "We will discuss your insubordination later captain," Thay said tapping her comm badge. "Alpha group to the battle bridge. Beta group to the saucer. Prepare for high speed ship separation."
                  Half the group on the bridge headed for the lifts. Callie started then came over to Heath.
                  "I still don't like you," she said. "But... don't make her cry. Make it through, for her."
                  She turned and left.
                  "I think she's warming up to m..."
                  Thay interrupted Heath by kissing her.
                  "I understand. You're right. This is the correct plan. But when this is over I am tying you to the bed by your hair, locking you in your room and never letting you out of my sight again."
                  "If we make it through this, I'll let you."
                  "Not if, when."
                  "Next we see each other, we'll be in your universe."
                  "Perfect place for our honeymoon."

Dominion flagship

Nydon bowed to the new arrival.
                  "Founder, you grace us with your presence."
                  "What is the status of the the invasion?"
                  "Our beachhead is secure," Leeta reported. "It's only a matter of time before before they fall before."
                  "Good. What is this I hear about them using our ships against us?"
                  Nydon bowed his head.
                  "Yes the reports that came was the one good thing that came out of that well intention but disappointing sabatoging effort. It would appear that they are salvaging our damaged ships to support their own meager force. A most distasteful situation. Their raids have been most annoying."
                  "As we expected."
                  They looked at the Founder in confusion.
                  "We expected you to charge head-on in to the enemy. The ships assigned to you were deemed expendable. I have brought an equal amount to replace them. In addition those ships were implanted with remote self destruction programming."
                  "You had my ship rigged to explode out from under me?"Leeta said indignant.
                  "The ship has already been destroyed by your actions. Your protests are pointless. Now the remaining ships from that group are currently occuping the planet Betazed correct?"
                  "Yes Founder."
                  "Have them transport all personnel to the surface, then trigger the destruction programming in all ships from that group. It will create a Polaran radiation cloud around the planet isolating it."
                  Nydon bowed again.
                  "The Founder is wise in all things."
                  "Do all of your ship's have this programming as well?" Leeta sulked.
                  "Of course not. That would be foolish."

Across the quadrant exploding Dominion ships lit up space. Imperial ship yards and research facilities were rocked as explosions ripped through them. The areas of which that survived were contaminated by radiation. The belt around Terra glowed with a deadly hue and sky of Betazed changed color as the radiation cloud encircled the planet.
                • Options
                  Occupied Space (MU)

Betazed was the spark that ignited the other occupied worlds into rebellion. Across occupied space, the other worlds all rose up in revolt against their occupiers and attacked cloning facilities and bases. For Leeta, her quick war was now becoming a strategic nightmare as her forces were being bogged down in a guerrilla and the rebels were getting stronger and stronger everyday. On Terra, Dexter did a head count to make sure his troops were all accounted for. "Good everyone alive" he noted with a smile.

Already radiation clean up penal crews were in action and cleaning up the radiation around Terra. Then news of Betazed reached Terra, shock soon turned to anger as the call of "Remember Betazed" rang out. Brigand Squadron had been transferred back to the I.S.S. Brigand and the crew all swore revenge would come for Betazed. As of now, all salvaging of Jem Hadar wreaks were stopped and any disabled Jem Hadar ships quadrant wide were to be destroyed. The empire was now in a state of total war as news of more reinforcements coming through the wormhole got to Terra, these ships were however different. The unknown ships entered the beach head before hailing the Dominion flagship with "Founder, the Kobali stand with you." It was Marie, she had taken control of the Kobali people and turned them into a ruthless military machine and now her army of the dead were on their way to Betazed.

When the Kobali arrived, Marie decided to taunt Papela first by hitting her where it hurt. "Billions of recruits, good" said Marie's second. "Convert the entire population, deploy the virus" ordered Marie. "As you wish" answered her second. After the four day harvest of the Betazoid population, the Kobali now joined up with the Dominion as they harvested the Kinjun colony. The war had grown as Marie now joined the Founder, Leeta and Nydon on the bridge of the Dominion flagship. Marie's entry into the war brought a more horrific side to it. Any dead could become another soldier in the Dominion's arsenal and that played with Imperial morale.

In Imperial Space, Marie's harvesting of Betazed had hit everyone hard. Collective grief became collective anger as the exiled Betazoids swore to avenge their people. On Brigand, Hetal took the news the worst. Trianna having been the position of losing her family consoled Hetal and told her "Avenge them." "Here, here" said the rest of the crew.

NMXb2ph.png
                  • Options
                    I.S.S. Brigand meeting room (MU)

"Time to face cold hard facts, for every move we make, Leeta has matched us" said Dexter to his staff. "Agreed, we need another option" answered Trianna. "With the entry of the Kobali, we may have to face people we once knew on the battlefield. If put into that position, make sure it's a quick mercy kill" added Dexter. "Who's their commander?" asked Hetal just before Marie flooded the network with "my former subjects, for your treachery and disloyalty you have all been sentenced to death and rebirth. All those worlds in occupied space, join us in the Dominion or be harvested like Betazed and Kinjun. You have 24 hours to surrender." The screen went blank and Trianna was just stunned as it looked like she'd seen a ghost.

"Marie" said Trianna afterwards, "Marie was your sister, but she's dead. How is she here?" asked Dexter totally confused. "Her body was moved into the Delta Quadrant. Turns out imposing living death on her has made her more genocidal than she was in life. She's dangerous and unstable and she has an army of the dead that can replenish off any battlefield dead, that presents us with a problem" answered Trianna. "A big problem indeed" said Dexter glumly. "Enough to mess with one's pah, desecration of the dead goes against the will of the prophets" added Lenaris. "Agreed my friend" answered Dexter. "I still cannot believe they've gone" said Hetal glumly. "As have many on this crew, we must preserve our culture" replied Sidis. "I agree, as long as there are Betazoids still alive there is hope for your people" answered Dexter. "Let's organize the Betazoids into commando units, they're angry and have nothing to lose" suggested Trianna.

"Dexter's got something up his sleeve" said Hetal trying to cheer herself up. "Indeed I have, the old liberation fleet has joined us" answered Dexter. "All 68 Siege of Betazed ships and crews?" asked Wilkinson. "Yep, they arrived at Sol 30 minutes ago and their commander Gul Madred has sworn an oath of loyalty to the empress in person. I've been made group commander, our job is now conventional, our raids have been an annoyance to them. Our next target is Bajor, the enemy think they are safe in their beachhead, let's put that to the test" answered Dexter. "We have a drive installed on this ship that will allow for our style of warfare. We jump in via quantum slipstream and make a run for Terok Nor before we do a Pearl Harbor on them" suggested Trianna.

"Attack them where they least expect it, I like it" answered Dexter. "One problem, the INN want a news team in this ship. Apparently they said it would be good for morale back home" replied Leclerc. "You know what happened to the last reporter, Ice knocked him out clean" answered Mereu Smith. "Twas quite the mess" added Jasmine which provoked smiles in the room. "Back to business please, in light of her previous military experience I'm making Ice first officer. Lwasana, I'll need your talents for more creative missions. Everyone else is posts as usual, we go in 12 hours once the slipstream drives are installed" said Dexter. "So until then we practice" added Trianna. "Sounds like a plan, we need a name for this fleet. Any ideas" answered Dexter. "Brigand group" suggested Jasmine. "Let's make sure the Dominion don't forget the name Brigand" said Dexter.
                    NMXb2ph.png
                    • Options
                      Bajor System (MU)

Brigand Group jumped into the system and assumed attack formation. "All ships, target the ships docked at Terok Nor and transport our gifts" ordered Dexter Smith. "Transport away" answered Trianna as the Quantum warheads were beamed aboard the docked ships and the station itself. "The Enterprise is on sensors, they're making a run for the wormhole, enemy ships converging on them" reported Wilkinson. "This is Brigand One to all ships, detonate the warheads and make a run for the wormhole. We're going to give Enterprise some cover" ordered Smith.

"Brigands acknowledge, detonating our surprise now" replied Madred over the channel. As the Dominion ships closed in on the Enterprise, the ships docked at Terok Nor exploded along with Terok Nor's power grid and communications. The Dominion now recalled their ships to protect Terok Nor as they turned to pursue the Brigands, the distraction was enough and Enterprise made it into the wormhole reconnecting on the other side. The Brigands now ran for the star with the 80 Dominion ships in pursuit, "all ships, prepare to surf the Bajor star" ordered Smith as the 68 Brigand ships closed in on the star. The Dominion kept up a pursuit as the Brigands created solar flare that destroyed the pursuing enemy before jumping to Quantum Slipstream and home. Bajor was the first target hit as the Brigands hit facilities on Trill, Cardassia and Mizar over the next few days. They would jump in, do as much damage as possible and jump out before enemy ships could respond.

What the Dominion had considered an annoyance was now becoming a major nuisance as more ships were diverted from their fronts to protect their bases. Smith was happy with that result as the pressure on Solat's front was loosened. Solat's forces were now at 1500 Imperial and allied ships, the Klingons and Romulans had provided half of their ships. Th other half were for something special. In Imperial space, the Brigand raids were seen as morale victories. INN even called them the Avenging Angels as Betazed was declared a martyr's world, after Betazed all talk of defeatism was suppressed and something big planned. The empire had been on the defensive too long, with their early losses now being replaced and with extra ship production, the Imperial fleet was getting stronger as the Dominion front was getting weaker.

If Heath and Sito could get more reinforcements then there was a chance of the Empire taking to the offensive. At MACO command, a system hopping campaign was drawn up. As the rebuilt fleet secured the space, the MACOs would liberate the planets with assault landings and secure them. The idea was to slowly push the front to Bajor and liberate the system, with Bajor secured, the enemy main supply route from the Gamma Quadrant would be cut. Those plans would have to wait though, first the Imperials had to win the defensive war.
                      NMXb2ph.png
                      • Options
                        edited July 2017
                        Dominion flagship (MU)

"Marie, your demonstration has removed one thorn from our side" said the founder. "Think of the fact we get stronger with the more lives lost. If we have to harvest occupied worlds, then that's more troops in our arsenal" answered Marie. Leeta just sulked as news of Terok Nor, Trill, Mizar and Cardassia came through. "What do you mean our garrison at Terok Nor is gone?" demanded the Founder. "Founder, these raids are becoming a major nuisance. Our reserve forces were also destroyed or crippled" answered Nydon.

"These raiders are a problem, we cannot advance on Terra while we have resistance in our rear" said Marie. "Kobali troops will join the Jem Hadar as ground garrisons, keep the rest of your forces here at Bajor" ordered the founder. "As you wish founder" answered Marie. "War's more fun when we're winning" growled Leeta and she threw a knife across the room. "We are winning, eventually those fools will be dust beneath our fleet, it's just a matter of time" answered the founder.

Terra MU)

"It's time to face facts, this war has escalated" said Papela. "Betazed must be avenged" answered Dexter glumly, his usual sense of humor had been subdued by the nature of the war. "Morale has been shaken over the atrocity at Betazed and Solat's defensive front cannot hold the enemy indefinitely" added Trianna. "Let's just hope the Heaths were successful, we need that aid now" added Dexter. "Removing the Terok Nor garrison ships at anchor has helped us strategically, the Brigand raids are are causing the enemy to redeploy their forces away from our front" said Papela. "Not much breathing space, as long as our defensive front is holding, we have a chance of winning this war" replied Dexter.

"The loss of veteran captains and crews in the early days have hit us hard, I may know someone who might help" suggested Trianna. "Who?" asked Dexter. "The Federation counterpart of "dad", Leeta also threatens the security of the Federation Alliance. My "dad's" counterpart was an experienced military commander before he retired and became a politician" answered Trianna. "You trust him?" asked Dexter, Trianna just smiled before answering "my counterpart is someone I consider a friend, her father understands war better than most."

Post edited by theraven2378 on
                        NMXb2ph.png
                        • Options
                          Terra (MU)

The Brigands had been removed from operations to rest and recover. Papela had sent Trianna on an important mission, she was going to enlist the help of Admiral (ret) Valdez and bring him back with her willingly. On Earth (Prime), Trianna made her way to her counterpart's home and knocked on the door with an official request of assistance. "Miss Lot, what brings you here?" asked Valdez. "Got somewhere private we can talk?" asked Trianna (mirror). "My daughter's office, follow me" answered Valdez. Trianna (mirror) took a seat and passed him Papela's request for aid.

"This concerns the Federation Council, Leeta is a threat they cannot ignore" said Valdez reading the request. "The empress came to the same assessment. I've been authorized to speak to your government directly, the Alliance cannot stay neutral if they value their own survival" replied Trianna (mirror). "Leeta's incursions into the Badlands and the recent battle at DS9 have shown she has hostile intentions to both universes. You'll have your audience with the council tomorrow over the Leeta matter, I'll press them to allow a "neutral observer" to the empire, until then you're welcome to stay with us and forget about the war while you're here" answered Valdez. "That will be acceptable" replied Trianna (mirror).

The following day, Trianna (mirror) gave her request to the Federation Council with an impassioned speech, "Leeta has returned and she has joined the Dominion of my reality, once she's through with the empire she'll target this reality with a full invasion. Your survival relies on the empire's survival, you cannot stay neutral. Billions dead, mostly civilians with more atrocities being committed behind enemy lines. You value life, you cannot stand by and let billions more innocents die." "The empire cannot be allowed to fall, we need them as much as they need us. I call for a motion to allow an observer to go to Terra and for a declaration of war against Leeta. The empire and the alliance need to work together in order to stop Leeta, she's a threat to both universes" said Valdez afterwards. The council were split on this and a recess was called. "Now we wait" said Valdez to Trianna (mirror) in his office. The hours of deliberation passed with a vote of 50% in favor of neutrality and 50% voting for war on Leeta.

"One person has not voted on this, her voice might be the decider. Ambassador Lwaxana Troi of Betazed" said Valdez. "My Betazed has been wiped out literally, Betazoids are now endangered and the survivors are on the Imperial side of the lines" replied Trianna (mirror). "Use that to get Ambassador Troi's vote, we cannot let this genocide go unpunished" answered Valdez. "I need to see the ambassador" replied Trianna (mirror). "You'll have your meeting" answered Valdez. After a long meeting, Ambassador Troi made the decisive vote. At 1400 hours that day, the Federation made a formal declaration of war on Leeta. The Alliance fleets now moved to the Terran border as Trianna (mirror) and Valdez got ready to leave for Terra.

Triana (prime) begged to come along but she was told "you're sitting this one out, you're a mother and you don't have that luxury of going back into hell" by Valdez. "Listen to your father, you have your Imzadi and a family. This war is hell and you're not of the emotional mindset to cope. My Imzadi was killed during the first battle of the war and my family is gone apart from my little sister. Don't subject your Imzadi and family to grief, I've been there and it's not pretty" said Trianna (mirror). "Dad, my friends might be out there fighting and dying, I should be with them" protested Trianna (prime). "Don't make me order you to sit it out, the matter is closed. Understood?" answered Valdez. "Yes dad" answered Trianna (prime). Valdez then reactivated his commission and left for Terra with Trianna (mirror). When they beamed into the palace, Trianna (mirror) escorted Valdez to Papela's war room.

NMXb2ph.png
                          • Options
                            zionus0zionus0 Member Posts: 395 Arc User
                            I.S.S. Enteri'Is, Alpha Quadrant
                            "Report!" Emma shouted above the explosion near her over the screams on her bridge.... "Some body put that fire out!"
                            Everything had been going smoothly after they'd located the "True Way" Cardasian base: her team had infiltrated the area and made it undetected to the nearest console, only to find the place in the middle of a data wipe!
                            Then the ambush had started, as Emma found Basalisk unconscious, she looked up only to see a newly graduated initiate firing over her head, to take down a sniper who'd been aiming for her.

"Cover me!" Emma cloaked herself and fled to another console and cursed. "Beam us out! Beam us out!"

Back on her ship she yelled at the helmsman over comms, "Warp ni-"
                            And then the weapons fire had started-
                            "Full evasive and fire all Anti-proton canons, ready phaser lance!"

Multiple Carsadian and Dominion vessels emerged from warp, and encircled the fleeing escort, as the Enteri'is scrambled the sensors of two of the attackers they fired at their comrades.

"Warp nine! Get us of here!"
                            "I can't, warp dirve is off line!"

"Cloak then!.... And pray we haven't been boarded."

Whomever had set her up was going to pay for this.

Why do I still play and put money into STO?
                            The Foundry, and my love of Star Trek
                          • Options
                            Alpha Quadrant (MU)

Brigand Group were back behind enemy lines on another raid, on their way to Chin'toka they detected an imperial escort encircled by the enemy. "What ship is that?" asked Smith, Trianna reported back "I.S.S. Enteri'Is, they've taken heavy fire and their shields are at the point of failure." "Ice, get a secure channel through to them, tell them relief is minutes away. Brigand one to group, form a defensive circle around that ship and engage the enemy" ordered Smith. The group complied and before long, the Brigand extended her shields around the Enteri'Is as the rest of the group formed a defensive screen.

"Enemy have withdrawn, we need to get this rescue done and we need to leave" reported Wilkinson. "Evacuate the crew and dock the ship onto one of our carriers, we're leaving in three minutes" ordered Smith. After evacuating the crew and securing the ship into a carrier, the Brigands left the area at slipstream, on their route back to their lines, they shot up Dominion supply convoys and installations before leaving before the enemy could respond. They were back behind their lines after a week of playing cat and mouse with the enemy. Shade now came up to the bridge angry that someone had set her up.

"Where's your commander?" demanded Shade. "Ma'am, meet Dexter Smith, commander of Brigand group" answered Trianna. "Captain Smith, how are my crew?" asked Shade. "We're doing everything we can for them, Doctor Smith has her team working overtime on this. Ice, send a boarding party onto the Enteri'ls and make sure they're Betazoid. We don't need any uninvited trouble" answered Smith. "Dreisse, take a company and secure that ship. Be thorough and terminate any intruders if discovered" ordered Trianna. "Betazed company copies" answered Dreisse as her team left to secure the Enteri'ls. "Major, I need a word with you and your captain" requested Shade. "My office, follow me" answered Smith.

In the office, Shade got straight to business, "as this is classified, you know the penalty for leaking this outside this room." "Ice, can we trust her?" asked Smith. "We can, Dexter, you'll have to trust me on this" answered Trianna. "Ice, fair enough" replied Dexter. "What I'm about to say is to left in this room only. At 0500 yesterday, we picked up enemy transmissions using old Imperial codes, we went to investigate a true way base only to be ambushed. Someone set y people up" said Shade. "Do you have a copy of those codes?" asked Trianna. "I do, Major, I need that sharp eye of yours" answered Shade with a smirk. Trianna read the codes and ran them through her computer security first before breaking into the network to find the source of the code transmission.

"What do we have here?" asked Trianna as she showed Smith and Shade the transmission dates with some new unknown coding. "Only one person I know who could plant false intel remotely and send you into an ambush. My late "sister," she became Kobali and has now seized control of their people and joined the Dominion. She knows about your crew Ma'am" Trianna said afterwards. "That's scary, from what I heard, she tried to turn the defense grids of every Imperial world on them when faced with defeat, couple that with the fact she's insane and we have a bloody big problem" answered Smith. "We do have one advantage, the founder is keeping Marie at Bajor to intimidate the locals into submission" added Trianna. "We'll launch another raid on Bajor to assassinate her if we have to" suggested Smith.

"Not after the last visit we made, their security will have tightened" answered Trianna. "No point risking ships, we need every ship we can get our hands on, Brigand one to group, set course for Terra" added Smith. "Copy that Brigand one" replied the other 68 captains. Brigand Group got back to Terra within 12 hours and straight into a strategy meeting with Papela and the Federation's military liaison officer, Admiral Nathan Valdez.

NMXb2ph.png
                            • Options
                              Note: All of the Enterprise's run to the wormhole takes place on the same day. The day they left to get help. The devastation that has swept the Galaxy hasn't happened for them yet.
                              I had a lot to cover involving it and my time to write was very limited by real life events.

ISS Enterprise
                              Edge of the Terra system

"All stardrive systems are ready. Weapons power has already been reallocated to shields. Still maintaining enough for the torpedo launchers."
                              "Thank you Callie. Helm?" Thay asked.
                              "Ready ma'am," her Aunlel replied. The prime version was at the same position in the saucer. "This is going to be a hell of a ride."
                              "Just make sure we survive it. Saucer are you ready?"
                              "I've stared overwhelming odds in the face before," Heath replied. "Not any easier the second time. Let's do this."
                              "Be careful."
                              "Me? You be careful. I'm not raising these two by myself."
                              "You won't. That I promise. Signal our escort. Tell them we're ready."
                              The ship shook slightly.
                              "They locked a tractor beam on us," Callie explained. "Sending us a countdown. 5..4..3..2..1.."
                              A swirling distortion appeared in front of them.
                              A slipstream gateway, Thay thought surprised. No, it couldn't be...
                              She didn't have time for further speculation as they were through the opening and moving. In less time than she had hoped they emerged back in to normal space. They were as close as they had dared to jump without the possibility of colliding with any thing.
                              The view made them all pause.
                              No matter how tough or brave they claimed to be the sight of that many ships made them all hesitate.
                              Thay took a deep breath to calm herself before she spoke.
                              "Full impulse."
                              The ship shot forward. They didn't bother with the cloak, they considered it compromised and didn't care to give the Dominion a few free shots at their hull.
                              "Status."
                              "We haven't been detected yet...," Paris started. "Scratch that. Patrol starboard after, changing course."
                              "Can they catch us?"
                              "At our current speed no, but if we get slowed down yes."
                              "I don't see explosions so our so called escort isn't doing anything about them," Callie observed.
                              "They probably don't consider them a threat," Thay suggested. "They won't reveal themselves until needed..."
                              "Which is now," Paris interrupted. "Ten attack ships closing from ahead. Our friends back there called ahead."
                              "Prepare for separation."
                              "They'll be here before we can complete the sequence."
                              "We'll have to put our trust in our friends to take care of them."
                              "I hope I live long enough to say I told you so."
                              "May those Prophets you believe in look after you and our children Lazy," Thay whispered to herself. Out loud she gave the command. Begin separation."
                              "Locks are disengaging."
                              "They'll be in firing range in ten..."
                              A volley of energy erupted from in front of them. The ships were no more than a dissipating as they passed through them.
                              "Whoever they are, they can fire while still cloaked," Callie said.
                              "Good for us," Thay agreed. "They'll think we have that much firepower."
                              "They'll think twice about challenging us."
                              "Or just send something bigger," Paris corrected. "Three battle cruisers converging on us."
                              "Separation complete. After they deal with those three begin evasive maneuvers."
                              Again the volley occurred and the three ships exploded.
                              "Now we have there attention," Callie stated.
                              "I'll say we," Paris added. "Group of fifty are in our way. Firing range in two minutes. "
                              "How long to the wormhole?"
                              "Ten minutes."
                              "They better do something soon before..."
                              This time the volley came from not just in front of them but from the sides and aft of them as well.
                              "Just how many ships are around us?"
                              "She is didn't say. That much firepower takes a fleet at least."
                              "I hope so. Now it's gotten serious. About three hundred of those ships are moving to block us now."
                              That looked at the converging group.
                              "Hail our escorts. Thank you for your efforts, but I think shields are going to be more effective than cloaks coming up."
                              To her surprise, a voice responded.
                              "I agree," came the familiar voice. "After this group."
                              Thay smiled.
                              "I knew it. It had to be you. No one else is crazy enough to do this."
                              "Hey, it was the only way we could come to the wedding. By the way Congratulations. I loved the dress."
                              "Stop talking about dresses and focus on what's coming at us." Callie complained
                              "If you insist. All ships fire."
                              The cloaked ships fired four volleys of torpedoes at the approaching fleet. The purpose wasn't to destroy but disrupt them. The four walls of torpedoes slammed into the enemy. The two parts of the Enterprise dove in to the explosions. On the cloaked ships around them doors opened and mines by the hundreds were left in their passing through the Dominion's line.
                              "They're coming around and falling in behind us. They've..." Callie stopped as more explosions ripped through the ship's behind them. "That slowed them down, but now they've got us surrounded, with no escape route."
                              "Yes you do. The wormhole."
                              "How the hell are we going to get to it? Those ships are shifting to cut us off
                              We can't all make it."
                              "I know that. So we're not going to try."
                              "What?"
                              "All ships decloak. Prepare for Operation Runaway. Retreat to our regroup position. Remember to keep an eye on your partner. If they get damaged, grab them and go."
                              "What are you doing?"
                              "Confusion tactics. Distracting them while we go through. Alright Aunlel's, it's time to go to work."
                              Around the Enterprise, the ships of the 113th shimmered back in to existence. They all pulled in front of the separated ship forming a vertical circular wall centered on them. It was the oddest battle formation the Sito sisters had ever seen. It reminded Callie of swater used to kill flying insects. But it was small and the insect was very big...
                              As one, they fired. Not at their opposite number, but at the ship's directly in front of the Enterprise burning a hole through the enemy line.
                              The Dominion ships returned fire, but the 113th then turned ninty degrees flew out in all directions like a water balloon hitting the ground. All but four slipstreamed away. Those four surrounded the Enterprise as it drove through the opening in the enemy line.
                              "You alright with fighting other Dominion soldiers?" Admiral Heath asked as the Los Lobos lead the way.
                              "I take a certain satisfaction in dispatching these heathen followers of false gods," Chi'Tani commented.
                              "I feel sorry for the others," Chromia commented as the Luna rocked under multiple impacts. "This shall be a glorious battle."
                              "Assuming we live, You can tell them all about it," Sharrall replied. The Deathblossom corkscrewed forward avoiding and returning fire.

"An odd report," Nydon said. "It appears a ship is attempting to reach the wormhole."
                              Leeta looked at the display and smiled.
                              "What are you up to Thay? Suicidal runs aren't your style."
                              "You know that ship?"
                              "Sito Thay. Major Trill fetish that one. Still, if they can take her alive she could some useful... No! Kill her! Destroy that ship and everything on it!"
                              "It seems that they've separated for some reason."
                              "Destroy both! Both must die! The Kosst Amojan demand it!"
                              "I must say I do find these sudden mood changes in you most amusing. Now look at that. They have help. Not local help either, interesting..."
                              "Ignore them! Destroy that ship now!"

"Aft shields are at 20%. Dorsal shields are collapsing. Ninty seconds to objective."
                              "The hull can take a few of these pathetic hits," Chromia yelled over the alarm sirens. "Divert life support power to weapons. Tell everyone to hold their breath. We're going through."

"Ninty seconds to wormhole," Callie announced. "I don't believe it. This is actually going work."
                              The ship shook under another impact. A ceiling panel came loose spilling it's contents across the floor.
                              "We're not there yet. Charge the deflector. Hail the saucer."
                              Heath appeared on screen, the image shuddered as a shower of sparks rained down behind her. Thay heard someone behind her yelling about hull breaches. Somehow she still managed to smile.
                              "This seems familiar."
                              "We can't rejoin the ship like this. You'll have to follow us in."
                              "I'll be on your tail like you are on mi..."
                              The image shook, broke up then reformed.
                              "What happened?" Heath yelled
                              "Shields collapsed. Port engine damaged. We're losing power."
                              The saucer began to fall behind them.
                              "Tractor beam now!" Thay yelled.
                              "I can't," Callie replied.
                              "Why not?"
                              "There's some kind temporal interference."
                              "NO!"
                              " Contingency plan Alpha," Admiral Heath shouted. "Sharrall, switch places with us."
                              The abused Deathblossom moved forward to take the lead while the equally battered Los Lobos fell back behind the others to match the foundering saucer.
                              "Hey. Me on the saucer," Aunlel shouted.
                              "Busy now, trying not to die."
                              "From the academy. Sigma one four."
                              "Oh girl I like your thinking. On three."
                              "Three."
                              Both Aunlel's hands danced across the controls.
                              The Los Lobos rotated, then lunged forward ramming it's bow into the saucer's docking ring. It's engines roared under the strain but they pushed it back in to position.
                              "They planned to do that?" Callie asked surprised.
                              "Just one of the reasons I love that woman," answered Thay.

"Now that I would not have expected," Nydon commented.
                              "Stop admiring them and kill them!"
                              "I would love to. But there's some kind of temporal interference around them. They can't lock on to them."
                              "NO!"

"I can't believe this is working," mirror Heath said.
                              "Like you said," prime replied. " In case of emergency, touch hands and run. Turn a weakness into a strength."
                              "Thank you. I can never repay you for this," Thay said over the channel.
                              "Consider this our wedding present. Now go so we can get out of here.
                              "Fire deflector."
                              The beam hit the opening dead center as the Luna, Deathblossom, and Founder's Will left. The Enterprise's drive section entered the opening.
                              "All hands brace yourselves," both Heath's chorused. "This is going to suck." The Los Lobos turned hard tearing the saucer's docking ring off along with part of it's bow before it slipstreamed away as the saucer followed in.
                              The two damaged parts of the Enterprise emerged from the opening and came to a stop.
                              Nothing had changed.
                              The number of ships massed around them was the same.
                              "It...it didn't work," Paris said weakly.
                              No one else spoke. Callie looked down at her beeping console.
                              "They're hailing us."
                              Thay felt the energy drain out of her. There were no options left.
                              "On screen."
                              The image of the thousands of ships on the screen was replaced by a smiling face.
                              Had she been standing Thay would have have fallen in to her chair as her legs gave out.
                              "Welcome home little one," the face said. "We've missed you."
                              She smiled weakly.
                              "Thank you Empress."
                              "I'll excuse that, this time. We'll come over and help tend to your injured. But for now you can rest, Thay. You're home."
                              Thay felt her bones dissolve in relief.
                              "Thank you... mother."

Epilogue

Iconia system (mu)

The Los Lobos emerged from slipstream and moved to rejoin the rest of the fleet hidden behind the planet.
                              "All present and accounted for."
                              "Thank you Augie. Alright everyone well done. Let's get comfortable and start with the repairs. This is our home until things settle down over here."
                            • Options
                              edited July 2017
                              Terra (MU)

The Brigands were in a meeting at the palace presenting the details of their raids to Papela. Admiral Valdez looked at the map table and plotted where each raid had taken place. "Who planned these?" asked Valdez, Trianna just smiled and raised her hand along with Dexter. "Random locations, and you only visit them once. Your raids need to stop, you're becoming predictable" said Valdez. "If you take offense at this, then we apologize but we've bore the brunt of the war. We're the only unit that has maintained offensive operations from day one and kept a zero fatality casualty count and got our ships out in one piece more or less. Most of my crews have family and friends behind the lines, a lot of the Betazoids have lost their family and friends when their world was butchered. We cannot sit this out, we must avenge those lost behind enemy lines" protested Dexter.

"And one day, you'll push your luck too far and lose everything, I've been there and it cost too much. Majesty I suggest we reassign them to TF 113, Heath will need all the help she can get" answered Valdez. "Rest and recovery is needed instead, morale among the Betazoids has hit rock bottom. The rest are heading the same way, me included" suggested Trianna. "She's right as well" said Dexter glumly. "A period of rest and recovery on the way should boost morale" ordered Papela. "Yes Majesty" answered Dexter.
                              NMXb2ph.png
                              • Options
                                I.S.S. Avalon medical bay (Jupiter class carrier), Terra Prime Orbit
                                "You're telling us that the enemy stole a focusing crystal from the palace, that's actually part of a dreadnought!"

Shade raised an eyebrow, "That's what I just said... If Leata is behind this she's going to need a lot of telepaths, and a large enough ship to build it into.... Assuming she's capable of doing so." She grimaced. "Please tell me they didn't get access to my ships computers or technology.

Looking at the eyes next to her hospital bed Shade started to sweat, "Get me a PADD, now, I need to see if I can find a open com buoy to an old friend."
                                Vanguard Station, Levtro System, Defera Sector
                                Soreth Looked over the PADD again, Sean T'Paal had sent a report from Terra controlled Vulcan- Leata had shown herself... She was working with the Dominion against the Empire, and know that the witch wasn't going to stop with her own universe- she had to ask the RDF to act. This wasn't going to be easy.
                                Terra System Jupiter
                                The Basalkis class RDW Harbinger dropped it's cloak and opened all hailing frequnecies. "This is the Romulan warbird Harbinger requesting communications with Imperial forces, my leaders have a proposal for you, regarding our mutual enemy.
                              • Options
                                thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
                                Terran_Empire_moon_landing_1.jpg
                                2gdi5w4mrudm.png
                                Typhoon Class please!
                              • Options
                                Terra
                                (Mirror universe Red)

Valdez rubbed his his eyes.
                                He thought these days were behind him.
                                The universe waits for us to get cocky, he thought. He took a deep breath and began again.
                                "Son, I know you're upset. You had friends there. Trust me, I know the feeling. But for all our sales I need you to calmly walk me through the recording of what happened."
                                The Andorian visibly composed himself.
                                "This is the remote telemetry for the temporal weapon ship. At 12:09 hours you can see everything in the temporal core room is normal. At 12:10..."
                                At that moment like all the times he had watched before, the color of the core changed and the signal cut off.
                                "... the temporal core of the ship collapsed and the ship and it's dock were destroyed."
                                "Removing our ability to undo the damage that they've caused," Valdez finished. "No going back, this is reality now."
                                "The question is sir, how did they do it?"
                                Valdez shook his head.
                                "I don't know... Replay last ten seconds. One quarter speed."
                                He didn't know what he was looking for...
                                He froze.
                                His mind did not want to accept what it had just seen.
                                "Sir?"
                                "Replay last three seconds, one tenth speed."
                                He placed his finger on the screen indicating one of the core control panels. A panel that slowly lost it's color and turned a gold color.
                                "A changeling," the Andorian breathe in disbelief. "They're here."
                                "Yes they are. Now things get far more difficult."
                                There was a knock and Trianna entered. She looked at his face.
                                "What's wrong?"
                                "Get everyone together and I'll let them know. You can go son. Keep this to yourself for now. What is it that you wanted?"
                                "We received a very strange message. It was bounced off so many different relays we can't back track it. And it wasn't encrypted. It just says O-B-O."
                                "Well that's one piece of good news."
                                "What does it mean?"
                                "Operations Base Operational. Our wildcards are dug in and are ready to begin operations."
                              • Options
                                edited July 2017
                                Terra (MU)

Admiral Valdez met the Brigands at the palace and told them to sit down and listen, "We have a problem" said Valdez bluntly, "At 1210 hours today, we were sabotaged and we've lost the temporal weapon ship. This war now gets harder for all of us. Your captain has presented a good point, for those who have loved ones trapped behind the lines this'll be the hardest decision you have to make. Her Majesty has been made aware of what's happened and as of now we need to work out a new plan.

"So no quick end to this war then?" asked Hetal as she held Trianna's hand. "Afraid not, we're in it for the long haul Miss Hetal" answered Valdez. "There goes the honeymoon" joked Dexter to Mereu. The crew chuckled at the joke, Valdez quickly restored order and explained "there are places I would rather be, like being at home spending time with my daughter and grand daughter. But I'm here because we have a common enemy." "Leeta" answered Trianna glumly. "I'll make you feel better later" said Hetal to Trianna as they both smiled at each other hoping Valdez did not hear it. He heard it and simply said "ladies, back to business please."

"On pure attrition, we're going to lose and Solat's front cannot hold forever" said Dexter. "Wars are not won defensively, Solat needs to hold just a little longer. You've all been reassigned to Terra for the foreseeable future, you've all had recent combat experience. You've become a nuisance to the enemy with your raiding. Your Terok Nor stunt has caught their attention and that jeopardizes your future operations so Brigand Group will be pulled out of the line until things blow over. Get a rest and recover, you've been fighting for over a month now none stop. You all need a break" answered Valdez.

Bajor (MU)

Marie had been made Dominion overseer for Bajor by the Founder. Leeta's failures had not been forgotten as she sulked at not getting Bajor. In order to scare the population, Marie ordered it to be decimated. One in ten Bajorans were executed and converted into more Kobali. Trill was also decimated and converted as Marie's army of the dead grew stronger by the day, on the bridge of the Samsar she planned her next move with the Founder. "Leeta's failures have cost us time, with our rear areas tying down our resources we cannot launch an assault with Leeta's group. Let me take my fleet and attack here at Defera, this pocket of Imperials has been a thorn in our side ever since the invasion began" said Marie smiling at Leeta's lack of results. "You will command a combined fleet of 400 Kobali, Dominion and True Way ships. Capture and convert Defera and then pacify Orellious, any world that surrenders is not to be converted, any that resist, use them to add to your forces" ordered the Founder.

"As you wish Founder" answered Marie. The Founder beamed back to her headquarters as the Combined Fleet set course for Defera. They arrived with 48 hours catching the Imperial off guard and out of position in two groups on either side of the planet. "Defeat in detail, take the fleet and attack the smaller group on our left first, once they are destroyed, we'll overrun the right group" ordered Marie. The Samsar now took position at the head of the assault formation, they carried out their plan exactly as the Imperial 10th fleet was wiped out entirely and their crews harvested. Defera was then harvested as billions more Kobali troops were taking to the field. Over the next week and a half, system after system was overrun and harvested. Orellious had fallen with 100% losses to Imperial forces in that region.

Watching the campaign from the Dominion flagship, both the Founder and Nydon noted the success as Leeta sulked.

NMXb2ph.png
                                • Options
                                  edited July 2017
                                  Terra Space dock

On Terra Spacedock the talks were proceeding with relative ease considering the mutual mistrust- shared enemies had a tendency to bring foes together. And Ambasador Zalek was pleased that Valdez was involved in the talks- it gave him both extra ammunition and insurance against disaster. "The assumption of my leadership is that Leata was directly involved in the temporal attack that destroyed the Star Union, and that she therefore remembers the timeline from before that. We're prepared to offer a fleet of 600 warbirds that will placed under the command of Admiral Nathan Valdez. These will consist of multiple designs we feel the Bajoran witch will be unfamiliar with including the holographic capabilities of the upgraded Phalanx, the long range firepower of the Crusader and Iconian technology of the Kronous class."

"That should deal a psychological blow to her as well- she probably thinks she killed all of you." Nathan said crosings his fingers together.

"Maybe so, yet you have no indication this will work as you claim."

"Perhaps, but I also have something to wet your appetite- given your admiral clearance you'd have been briefed on the Sythus nebula incident? The chronitons around the nebula and produced by the stars and black hole could be gathered by our ships and used to re summon Star-Fortress Eternity.... Ships production en-mass, training facilities, Dominion enhanced clone production, resupply and refugee housing... Your forces would be permitted to make use of its docking bays until the end of the current conflict provided your troops are willing to comply with some... security restrictions, regarding where they have interior access. Further more eventually it could be moved to a front line position as a staging area- or fall back point."

"I'll need to take that up with the Empress, before you proceed." Quinn said to the Reman.

"I understand, but ask yourself Admiral Quinn, tell me is the Empire prepared to trade casualties with the Dominion and Kobali? Can you defeat them in a war of a attrition? Regarding the Kobali turning the dead against us, 3 of the ships will be Invinticus variant Scimitar class dreadnoughts with Thalonron cores... These will not be used with out the request of your commanders however- we all have civilians to consider... I'm not foolish enough to assume Leata's designs end with this reality. Our people have been in conflict for to long- let's see what we can achieve by working together."

"About time your governments did what every war in history actually needs- for people to just sit down and talk." Valdez spoke up, silent clapping... The ambassador held in an irritated glare, Quinn didn't. "Anything else Zalek?"

"The Changlings aligned with my people are in the middle of contacting the lik in the Alpha quadrant to try and get some Jemharad ships, we're also contacting the Lobi consortium to trade some of our older vessels for Jem'hadar ones. We could infiltrate their ranks with our own Jemhadar.. Ones loyal to us."

"You're people are insane- in a good way." Quinn said.
                                • Options
                                  Imperial Palace (MU)

Nathan Valdez was at the daily strategy meeting with Papela and the rest of the allied commanders. "Ladies and gentlemen, we have news of an enemy offensive in Orellious. Imperial 10th Fleet completely destroyed along with all Imperial forces in Orellious, the offensive was led by a Kobali commander, the same commander who harvested Betazed. Bajor and Trill have been decimated and converted" said Papela. "That would be Marie, she was always the cruel one in life, and Betazed was a personal attack on you, mother" answered Trianna.

"Makes sense, if you want to hurt an enemy, you attack the one thing they care about the most. This Marie committed genocide just to hurt you" said Valdez looking at the situation calmly. "Most of my crews are Trill, Bajoran, Cardassian and Betazoid. Most of them don't know if their loved ones are alive or dead. We need a victory somewhere" said Dexter. "How can we think of victory while our front is facing increased pressure?" asked Trianna. "Solat's front has a a salient at Draylon, a salient that the enemy still have not eliminated" answered Valdez. "What's a salient?" asked Dexter confused. "A section of front that is surrounded on three sides by the enemy" answered Valdez.

"Question is, how do we draw out a large enemy fleet and destroy it totally?" asked Trianna. "Ice, you thinking of stinging Leeta into making a foolish attack?" asked Dexter. "A raid on something the enemy needs to maintain their war effort, I propose an attack on the Dominion shipyards here at Torres III" answered Trianna. "That will require more than Brigand Group to take that down. We need serious numbers of ships to even consider that" replied Dexter. "Ambassador Zalek, how ready are your crews for an operation behind enemy lines?" asked Valdez. "They're ready to go but only under your command" answered Zalek. "Brigands, you all up for a spot of revenge?" asked Valdez. "Let us at them" answered Dexter and Trianna. "669 ships to destroy the Torres III shipyards, how do you intend to get that far behind enemy lines?" asked Papela. "Quantum Slipstream, jump in and cause as much damage as possible then jump out before the enemy responds" answered Dexter.

"The Union ships then break cloak behind their defenses and target the shipyards with thalaron weapons before bringing conventional weapons to bear on the target before withdrawing and recloaking" added Valdez. "Should be a nice knock knock" replied Dexter smiling. "What about deploying the wildcards for this?" asked Papela. "It's best we keep them hidden for now, let's not spoil the surprise, yet" answered Valdez. "Your operation goes ahead in a week, Brigands until then, you are on security details, the changeling threat is something we cannot ignore so be creative on security" ordered Papela. "Permission to install upgraded phase sweeps throughout the palace, if any changeling is stupid enough to try infiltrating, the sweep will contain them and kill them, we also roll them out to other Imperial facilities" asked Trianna. Everyone saw the shocked look on the Federation and Union's faces before Papela said "we execute spies and saboteurs here." "Ah yes, different universe, different rules" replied Valdez.

NMXb2ph.png
                                  • Options
                                    edited July 2017
                                    Draylon (Mirror Universe)

Leeta had taken the bait as 1500 Jem Hadar bug ships and cruisers set course for Draylon. Aboard the Harbinger, Valdez now prepared the allied fleet of 1200 ships for action. Acting on advice from Admiral Heath, Valdez modified the battle plan to adjust accordingly. The wildcards on the deck now were kept in reserve just inside extreme sensor range as 400 of the Allied ships formed a buffalo head formation. The Union forces would spring the ambush from from behind as the head moved forward to pin Leeta's front. Solat was put in command of the anvil forces and Valdez the hammer, the Brigands would act as bombers with their surprise packages. All Valdez did now was watch and wait.

Leeta arrived in system two hours after the Brigands and only saw 400 ships opposing her 1500. "Is this all they've got, attack!" ordered Leeta smugly. Solat advanced the head as planned to pin Leeta's front as both lines clashed. On Harbinger, Valdez waited until all 1500 enemy ships were fully engaged and then he gave the signal, "Loose" and the warbirds decloaked catching Leeta in a sandwich. "Brigands, now" ordered Smith as they started delivering warheads to engine rooms and setting them off breaching their warp cores. "Payback for Betazed" yelled the Betazoid exiles and the attacks carried on. Leeta had been pulled into an ambush and her fleet nearly surrounded. Fighting her through, she fled the battlefield as the rest of the fleet was wiped out. The victory at Draylon had given the Allies their first decisive victory at a cost of 50 ships destroyed and with heavy damage to another 150 but Leeta's attack had been totally wiped out. The Brigands lost 13 killed and 300 wounded, the victory was broadcast all over free space.
                                    NMXb2ph.png
                                    • Options
                                      Torres III (Mirror Universe)
                                      Six-hundred-seventy ships set out for Dominion ship yards above Torres III, the Brigands closed in and prepared to fire on the enemy position, as the defenders rapidly closed the distance between the two fleets. Behind them the warbirds decloaked as planned and began priming the dreadnoughts main weapons, the fleet arranged in a defensive ring around them. Star-Commander Nydon, ordered a group of his escorts to engage the incoming enemy fighters. On Harbinger, Valdez just looked the photo of his daughter and grand daughter before he called "to quote a certain Brigand, Knock Knock." The Brigands all got the reference and cheered.

Onboard the ISS Vindicator, Shade removed her phaser from the captains temple reminding him that she was in command of his ship at the present time. "I said get us to that asteroid and transport a torpedo inside it! I believe there's a supply of White within!" As the asteroid blew apart the thalaron pulses went through the docks.

Outside the hull of the Vindicator a small group of Kronos class engaged the incoming attack ships: the Nyhidros hailed the captain of the Tristim as his ship rammed directly into a Dominion frigate and broke it two, "There's three on your tail moving to flank get ready to cloak."

"Negative- let's show them why these ships are named for the Titan father of Terra's Olympian gods! We've got them, just get on their flanks." The Tristim activated it's Iconian gateway and came out behind it's pursuers obliterating them with a volley of anti-proton fire...

"Artillery groups to the task force, we've corrected our position firing in twenty seconds!" The fleet acknowledged the correction of the Crusaders, as the Romulans switched from firing at the station to encircling the meager Dominion forces- clearly they hadn't expected an attack this far behind their lines. Within the 20 seconds until space was lit by plasma explosions leaving the docks as a scrap that would be a threat to travel for years to come, the remaining enemies were wiped out and the unlikely allies vanished into the void of space. "Now to set the trap, Draylon Sector maximum warp" ordered Valdez.
                                    • Options
                                      Terra (MU)

The Brigands and Union ships were back after the twin hammers at Torres III and Draylon. At the palace, the Brigands caught up with Valdez and Trianna ran up and give Valdez a hug. "What was that for?" asked Valdez confused. "For partially avenging Betazed" answered Trianna. "Well don't celebrate too soon, we've still got a long way to go" replied Valdez as he noticed a noticeable raise in morale. "Oh great, it's the vultures" said Dexter noticing the INN news crew. "Nothing new, after the Battle of Iconia, there came the biggest horror in the universe, the news crew" joked Valdez.

The Brigands all smiled. There was even good news for some of the Betazoids, a few on the crew were pregnant. To preserve the Betazoid people, they were moved to Brea III now renamed New Betazed with their partners along with other Betazoid refugees. Valdez now asked the crew to sit on the floor and he got to their level. "Mr and Mrs Smith, how long married?" asked Valdez. "Five weeks boss" answered Dexter smiling. "Treasure that time together" advised Valdez with open honesty. "Trianna, you have my condolences" said Valdez. "Thank you dad" answered Trianna before she realized her mistake. "Trianna, I may look like your father but I'm not. Easy mistake I suppose" joked Valdez. The crew just laughed as Valdez noticed Trianna and Hetal holding hands. "You two are close, a bond like that is a strong one" said Valdez. "Us orphans have to stick together" joked Trianna. "So true" answered Hetal. "Enough to make an Orion blush some days, it is actually possible" joked Dexter. "Indeed it is" added Sidis.

"No comment" chorused Trianna and Hetal. "Just ask poor Jasmine, she has to deal with me and Mereu's love life. Ice and Hetal, they're the mischievous ones" joked Dexter. "Why dear brother, need I mention the escapade on Risa?" asked Jasmine clearly blushing. "No comment" joked Dexter and it caused smiles. "We're all mad around here" said Wilkinson smiling. "Evidently" joked Valdez. "It makes us who we are" added T'Pamne, Leclerc added "slightly insane but in a good way." "No sane person would even consider what we do" replied Pitaskli with a smile. "I know, excellent work at Torres III and at Draylon" answered Valdez. "Nice moves with those warbirds" said Dexter smiling. "Well you'll be working with them again" answered Valdez. "I would love to see the enemy's faces right about now joked Trianna. "We'll celebrate later" said Hetal as Trianna smiled. "Ladies, keep that kind of talk private please" asked Valdez politely. "Oops" chorused Trianna and Hetal much to the crew's amusement. "There's one who has remained quiet" said Valdez as he saw Lenaris trying not to cry. His father and two brothers had been taken for Kobali conversion.

The crew banded together and counselled Lenaris themselves, "Son, release that grief. You are among your friends here" advised Valdez. "You've got us" said Trianna offering her shoulder to cry on. "Lenaris, take a few days off to grieve if you have to. You have friends who have lost loved ones themselves and they care about you" said Valdez. "Don't worry boss, we'll help him through. Brigands always look after each other" answered Dexter. "How it should be" replied Valdez.
                                      NMXb2ph.png