test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek Online Coming to Console - Confirmed

Comments

• Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    OMG, I think I'm going for the PS4 version...
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    ... it's actually happening ... dear God no ... just no ...

Computer, begin auto destruct sequence
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Hopefully the console versions will cone with preirder exclusives! Yippie
  • Options
    brycraebrycrae Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Everyone, dont get to happy about this. They will do this like they did Neverwinter. You start from scratch. All that money you have put into Star Trek Online for the last 6 years, say bye bye. PC will not cross over to XBox...just like Neverwinter... So, everyone, get your wallets out and start paying once again...all those ships, all those upgrades, all those etc etc etc etc
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    ... it's actually happening ... dear God no ... just no ...

Computer, begin auto destruct sequence

Congratulations!

You have been downgraded from 2nd class into the cargo hold along with the tribbles and the cattle.

The console market is lucrative... lets hope Cryptic does not forget about us.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    It's so lucrative that everybody who wants to switch to play STO on a console, will have to start from scratch and give PWE/Cryptic a whole bunch more money to get back to the level their toons are at now.

>:)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2016
    I mean it only makes sense...

If you've heard the latest Priority One Podcast with Cptn Geko he gives enough information that makes me come to the conclusion that Star Trek Online might be coming to Console...

Think of this, FedCon is coming... And PWE has a 'BIG ANNOUNCEMENT' for STO and it's not the Expansion 3 news (so it seems)

Now from the details Geko gave in the latest interview the new TOS faction will be like(similar) to the romulans, but it'll have its own story arc, it's own sector block, quadrant etc... Geko also mentions that TOS faction captains will be able to play 'some but not all' end-game coneltent from the regular factions... FED - ROM - KDF... at 'some point'

So my guess is that Expansion 3 will introduce the TOS faction that is also simple enough to introduce in a console release...

Plus why did the STO forums suddenly get a PC section?!? The only other PWE games that have a PC section for the game's forums are the ones that have a console counterpart... - thanks to @kyle223cat for pointing this out.

Thoughts?

Before you say; "Not gonna happen!" I know but it's worth a thought.

Maybe I'm getting all the clues all wrong...

another sto console debate, it ends the same way it usually does. it gets shot down.

i doubt the developers would be willing to nerf the game and its abilities just to satisfy the the console gamers, it also makes no real sense from a business point of view, to build an engine for the console version and make it compatible cross platforms between the pc version and the console version and alienate the players who have been around to accept this. another thing to worry about is ARC, why would anyone be willing to use it through ARC because you know they will shove that thing on the latest version for the console and like microsoft live, it is a risk to use and not a lot of people are real interested in yet another launcher and another website to register through.

there are a lot of potential problems to even consider.. i just dont see it happening besides the devs dont have the time for anything besides their content and the expansion over the last half a year or more.

urm what @mirrorchaos ???? hrmmm??? :smiley::smirk:
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    Hey @jodarkrider can we close this forum thread now that it's confirmed???

also... is it possible you can persuade @pwlaughingtrendy to give me a 2nd title for my account named "successfully called sto console port" xD

hehehehe
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    brycrae wrote: »
    Everyone, dont get to happy about this. They will do this like they did Neverwinter. You start from scratch. All that money you have put into Star Trek Online for the last 6 years, say bye bye. PC will not cross over to XBox...just like Neverwinter... So, everyone, get your wallets out and start paying once again...all those ships, all those upgrades, all those etc etc etc etc
    I'd be amazed if you weren't right. I am a (PC) lifetime member; if that status migrates to the console (along with my existing c-store purchases) then I may try a TOS character and rank up again. I'm not overly concerned with my existing characters.

However, if it literally is a clean state, and a fresh subscription, I'll be retiring from the game for good.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Congrats comrademoco! you called it FIRST.

Just sorry that XBOX will be retiring very soon to even enjoy it but PS4 still remaining monkey-5.gif​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User

Just sorry that XBOX will be retiring very soon to even enjoy it but PS4 still remaining monkey-5.gif​​

Xbox is retiring? What do you mean?
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    equinox976 wrote: »

the next generation of xbox is coming soon... possibly the Xbox two... while Sony hasn't mentioned anything about PS5??? i dont know...
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    equinox976 wrote: »

the next generation of xbox is coming soon... possibly the Xbox two... while Sony hasn't mentioned anything about PS5??? i dont know...

The last thing i heard was that Microsoft thought the gaming industry should move towards upgradeable consoles, similar to how computers can be upgraded to stay relevant for a fraction of the purchase price
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    im sure i heard whisper of a new ps console built around vr​​
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    I called it!! Hahaha :D
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • Options
    Hey @jodarkrider can we close this forum thread now that it's confirmed???

also... is it possible you can persuade @pwlaughingtrendy to give me a 2nd title for my account named "successfully called sto console port" xD

hehehehe
    Then I want the title "STO PSYCHIC" cause I'm still ahead of you by a couple as to what is coming.

maxresdefault.jpg
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    darrylhainesdarrylhaines Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Will they charge the console players the same amount for c-store ships and the like that they charge us pc players?
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Well done Junior, I am honestly surprised but I suppose the work they did on it five years ago made it simpler then a ground up rebuild for console would've been.
  • Options
    Indeed you did @kyle223cat.... xD glad you told.me that when you did...

@daveyny are you suuuuuuuuuuuuure?! :smirk:
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Will they charge the console players the same amount for c-store ships and the like that they charge us pc players?

Even non-psychic players know that's a given.
    LoL
    B)
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    OK... I do hope that wasn't the supposed be the 'world first' announcement, otherwise the PR department is full of more hot-air than usual.
  • Options
    It is... It's the world first time star trek online is going to be on consoles...
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Hehe, they have really impressed me so far this year I think the DEVS need a full month of beach vacation come December.

STO is really two games in one which makes it unique, I'm hoping for significant ground updates with this. After all most console players will likely prefer ground atleast at first so it needs to be good so they'll stick around.
  • Options
    samt1996 wrote: »
    STO is really two games in one which makes it unique, I'm hoping for significant ground updates with this. After all most console players will likely prefer ground atleast at first so it needs to be good so they'll stick around.
    I would like to take my Andorian character (equipped with his phaser rifle) to Los Santos, some police officers need sorting out.

• Options
    Oh!? That could be a good mod for GTA V... Someone needs to make that happen... I need it...
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    flash525 wrote: »
    brycrae wrote: »
    I'd be amazed if you weren't right. I am a (PC) lifetime member; if that status migrates to the console (along with my existing c-store purchases) then I may try a TOS character and rank up again. I'm not overly concerned with my existing characters.

However, if it literally is a clean state, and a fresh subscription, I'll be retiring from the game for good.
    Why would you quit over a new platform being added that you are not required to play on? Why would any of you choose to start over on XBONE or PS4 anyway? If what I've quoted here is true, then this news is just to get NEW players to play the game too.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Oh!? That could be a good mod for GTA V... Someone needs to make that happen... I need it...
    Yeah, and then have your mental state linked to a cybermarix (Transfomers) so that you can become an Autobot/Decepticon (of the vehicle you're got in your garage) then you can drive/run/fly around Los Santos using your Cybertronian weaponry to cause even more chaos.

...too much?
    Why would you quit over a new platform being added that you are not required to play on? Why would any of you choose to start over on XBONE or PS4 anyway? If what I've quoted here is true, then this news is just to get NEW players to play the game too.
    Because I'm bored with the game, and a console version of the game allows for a new style of play with a new character, and a new theme (TOS). I don't care so much about my existing characters, though if I'm expected to unlock (payment) for all the costumes, ships and such that I've already paid for, and if my monthy zen doesn't factor in to this, then I'm finished. I'm done with my PC characters until the game engine gets a complete overhaul for PC, but I am willing to give a console version of the game a try assuming what I already own isn't taken away from me.
  • Options
    Too much...
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Don't see myself playing if character and account isn't transferable. I'll stick to pc, have too, too much invested there.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    I'm really looking forward to the engine enhancements and also the complete redo of the UI. Maybe that will solve the problem where the UI was causing a good amount of lag? I'm also interested to see how STO on the PS4/XBOX will work.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv