^^^ there davey
  • darkzephon1darkzephon1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    PS Blog Announcement Well its coming to PS4 this Autumn
  • mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    Jesus cryptic, are you folks nuts?
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    HOLY TRIBBLE!!!

Though not a big gamer myself (let alone console gamer) I am thrilled with the extra attention and upgrades this will bring to us.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2016

well paint me blue and call me chiss! they actually doing it? oh boy... im gonna grab the popcorn..

Edit: noticed a "PC" sign above the forum the other day and i wasnt sure why that was there. now i see a "Xbox One" and a "PS4" as well.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • darkzephon1darkzephon1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I wanna be able to transfer my character over to the PS4 as would get to play more regularly on there and it'd look better as my PC is like 8 years old
  • tharsonius42tharsonius42 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Mhm. Any word if PC players and console players will be able to play togehter? I assume no since it's vastly different?
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User

Xbox also listed in the official trailer.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_Ft7luIDn8&feature=youtu.be
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    I made a new thread to discuss it folks.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Well, that's certainly A BIG Announcement B) .
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    And the client's getting a massive revamp. Cool! I guess the big question is, "one server, or separate servers?"
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    Mhm. Any word if PC players and console players will be able to play togehter? I assume no since it's vastly different?

If they do it like Neverwinter, then no. They have two separate servers there that run on different versions of the game. Xbox is usually behind PC in patches. They could run STO differently though. We'll have to see.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User

Most likely not. As others have said Neverwinter separates the populations. It's reasonable to expect more of the same.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    Gotta hand it to you, comerademoco: you were right on the money. :)
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    i wonder, will we have the option to update our pc game to match the console port?

*in terms of ui and controller*​​
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    Well, assuming I can migrate my account from computer to console, this is likely the only thing that's going to keep me in the game (cause a mere TOS character isn't going to cut it). I've invested (both time and money) into this game; if a console version intends to have me start over, I'll be quitting outright.

There is a lot to live up to here though, the benefits though (should) heavily benefit ground mode, have the game play a lot smoother on the ground than it does on the pc (which always feels clunky to me). I do have some concern that the visuals and game models would need a severe upgrade though, among other things; this further makes me wonder whether the game will be fresh for all console players, cause I doubt the changes etc that are being made are going to allow for compatibility between pc and console versions of the game.

There is great potential here, I'm not going to lie, but if it's rushed or released with more than a handful of bugs, it's going to hit Cryptic hard.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,267 Arc User
    I think only way it will happen if it can be streamed from PC to Xbox one.
  • jeronanjeronan Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I wanna be able to transfer my character over to the PS4 as would get to play more regularly on there and it'd look better as my PC is like 8 years old

I sincerly hope not. Not Nice for New PS4 players to get mixed up in 6 year old accounts.

This is a nice opportunity to start fresh in a fully updated game. Leveling is so fast anyway. I just rerolled on PC and managed to reach Level 20 (Commander) in just 3 evenings.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    confirmed star trek online to appear for the xbox one and ps4.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/star-trek-online/news/detail/9956413-star-trek-online-coming-to-xbox-one-and-ps4

and just to be safe I have checked and its not april 1st.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• dlmc85dlmc85 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    I mean it only makes sense...

If you've heard the latest Priority One Podcast with Cptn Geko he gives enough information that makes me come to the conclusion that Star Trek Online might be coming to Console...

Think of this, FedCon is coming... And PWE has a 'BIG ANNOUNCEMENT' for STO and it's not the Expansion 3 news (so it seems)

Now from the details Geko gave in the latest interview the new TOS faction will be like(similar) to the romulans, but it'll have its own story arc, it's own sector block, quadrant etc... Geko also mentions that TOS faction captains will be able to play 'some but not all' end-game coneltent from the regular factions... FED - ROM - KDF... at 'some point'

So my guess is that Expansion 3 will introduce the TOS faction that is also simple enough to introduce in a console release...

Plus why did the STO forums suddenly get a PC section?!? The only other PWE games that have a PC section for the game's forums are the ones that have a console counterpart... - thanks to @kyle223cat for pointing this out.

Thoughts?

Before you say; "Not gonna happen!" I know but it's worth a thought.

Maybe I'm getting all the clues all wrong...

another sto console debate, it ends the same way it usually does. it gets shot down.

i doubt the developers would be willing to nerf the game and its abilities just to satisfy the the console gamers, it also makes no real sense from a business point of view, to build an engine for the console version and make it compatible cross platforms between the pc version and the console version and alienate the players who have been around to accept this. another thing to worry about is ARC, why would anyone be willing to use it through ARC because you know they will shove that thing on the latest version for the console and like microsoft live, it is a risk to use and not a lot of people are real interested in yet another launcher and another website to register through.

there are a lot of potential problems to even consider.. i just dont see it happening besides the devs dont have the time for anything besides their content and the expansion over the last half a year or more.
    You don't see it happening? What's this, then?

Console Version Announcement

PWNED XD
    Hmm
    dlmc85 wrote: »

PWNED XD

Hmm. So that's why all of a sudden there are XBOX and PS links at top of page.
  • thelordofshadesthelordofshades Member Posts: 258 Arc User

LOL. The whole trailer is dedicated to Starfleet.
    THAT is going to cause some butthurt here, considering the reaction to AoY. Time to grab some popcorn.
    Nice trolling from Cryptic ))).

• brianduselbriandusel Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I'm wondering if/how this can be cross-server. PS4, XBox One and PC players all playing in the same space? Is it possible to play my character on PC, then decide to get on the PS4 with the same character? Or are we looking at three different servers? One for PC, one for XBox and the best one for PS4? lol
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    Why are people still posting the link to the news - it's already been posted several times in here already. Read ahead guys. :tongue:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    Well, that's certainly A BIG Announcement B) .

this could still be that big announcement that cryptic want to make, a world premiere unveiling of star trek online on ps4 and x1.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    briandusel wrote: »
    I'm wondering if/how this can be cross-server. PS4, XBox One and PC players all playing in the same space? Is it possible to play my character on PC, then decide to get on the PS4 with the same character? Or are we looking at three different servers? One for PC, one for XBox and the best one for PS4? lol

I hope not. I've played a few console MMO's...

I think Console's attract even more immature people than PC games.
  • frasier13frasier13 Member Posts: 74 Arc User

LOL. The whole trailer is dedicated to Starfleet.
    THAT is going to cause some butthurt here, considering the reaction to AoY. Time to grab some popcorn.
    Nice trolling from Cryptic ))).

It would make sense that it will be single faction only (with limited "friendly" PvP...if at all). That would explain the slow merging of the factions into one big happy family. So I assume you can be Klingon, Romulan, Human, etc...you will all be UFP Citizens.
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    Hah hah I called it I called it I called it...
    6tviTDx.png

• comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    And you said it wasn't gonna happen.... Hah! Hah!
    6tviTDx.png