What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Earth Spacedock (RP)

Comments

• Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,764 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Grevkas booted his backup systems and got to his feet, calling upon both Elric's attentions. The future Elric pulled out his pistol and fired a beam at the android. The beam was easily ducked and Grevkas' transformed his right hand into a tetryon pulse cannon.

"Damn! He's a persistent big fellow," future Elric observed before handing present day Elric a PADD. "Here, use these equations to stabilize the chronometric generators. The aliens control time with their minds and we were able to temper existing information from them using telepaths. Hopefully this works. Anyway, thanks for saving you."

What was left of Grevkas and future Elric traded fire until a tetryon blast blew a hole in the door.

"Go!" Future Elric ordered before he led Grevkas away, around the corner of the corridor, toward the open temporal portal. Grevkas fired, missing future Elric and hitting the portal, destabilizing it. He then ran and tackled future Elric until they both disappeared through the temporal rift. Seconds later, it disintegrated.

Meanwhile, present day Elric stepped through the opening and began accessing the generators. The equations modified the chronometric output prompting the Captain to tap his commbadge. "Elric to the team," he said whilst working the futuristic PADD. "I'm sending you the equations to use on the generators if you get to them. I'll reach the fourth one."
    Post edited by hawku001x on
  • Options
    admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
    "Ok..." replied Sarah's voice over the combadge. Moments after, another replied with the same. Shivak, who had followed Elric, just deadpanned.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
    Oh, look, an explosion...
  • Options
    "I know, right?" Elric shrugged before exiting through the blown door. "Let's go."
  • Options
    Shivak followed, keeping an eye out.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

• Options
    When Elric reached the fourth generator, he found the door was already open. Checking the PADD with the data on the console, it looked like the changes were already made. "Future Elric probably already did this one. Let's try to find the others," he said to Shivak.

As he continued throughout the deck, it seemed to ramp on an incline, almost as if he was ascending the upper decks. When they reached an end, they appeared to have entered a big room full of Xzarefiin aliens and some Starfleet officers.
  • Options
    Anna and Agent 47 continued down a corridor, locating the second generator and making the appropriate changes.
    "You know, I'd never seen an Undine run away like that until now," Anna stated, smiling at Agent 47. "How'd you do it?"

"They know what I'm capable of..." Agent 47 replied. "Never mess with me, by the way."

Anna chuckled and headed elsewhere, looking for some of the others, but eventually getting lost, as Agent 47 followed.
    "So, tell me about your universe..." Anna said, turning to Agent 47.

"It is nearly identical to the prime universe up until my time on the Firestorm D, actually. I mean, there are some minor differences here and there, but still," Agent 47 replied. "I was the one to become captain, then admiral, and he basically did what prime Sarah did. Our version of some changeling's Alliance decided to invade where there's didn't, and we were nearly wiped out. The Klingon Empire was conquered, New Romulus torn to pieces, the entire Federation obliterated... the Cardassians, Breen, and others ended up joining them almost immediately. The T.I.S. Zipporah was captured, and the Alliance somehow managed to use him to wipe out the armada's forces and leadership... at least in the Alpha and Beta Quadrants. Turns out I had been chosen to rule his forces in the Gamma Quadrant regardless, so I ended up being in charge after they rescued me from some prison facility, we retreated to the Gamma Quadrant, and then the Borg took advantage of our disappearance, and that of the Feds and allies, to assimilate the entire Delta Quadrant... and the Jenolan Dyson Sphere, by the way. Oh, and then the Undine showed up, and we've been in a four way war ever since."

Anna blinked a few times, still processing what she'd just been told. "You know, if you retreated into my universe and helped me take over the Terran Empire, we could probably wipe out all of them like they were nothing. Just something to think about."

"Forget it," Agent 47 replied coldly. "My version of your universe is even worse. Nat became Terran Emperor and completely destroyed the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance, and rumor has it he's got a number of clones of himself working for him... in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he sent one here..."

"Who knows," Anna replied, noticing an upward incline to the corridor.
    Admiral Nat turned to notice Elric and Shivak entering the room, sighing.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    Elric approached the Admiral. "Sir, is everything ok? What's going on?"
  • Options
    salvation4salvation4 Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    Doctor Melzine, Infirmary; human, male

Vulcan captian asks doc, My God man..Where do I get healed?
    Adrian-Uss Sovereign NCC-73811 (LVL 65 FED ENG) UR/E MKXV Fleet Intel Assault Cruiser (April 2012) (Main)
    Adu-Uss Firefox NCC-93425-F (LVL 65 FED AoY ENG) UR/VR MKXV Fleet Intel Assault Cruiser (July 2016)
    Jean-Uss Seratoga Ravenna (LVL 60 FED Delta ENG) UC/R MKVI Bajoran Escort (April 2018)
    Dubsa-RRW Mnaudh (LVL 50 FED allied ROM Delta ENG) Warbird (May 2018)
    Marop-IKS Orunthi (LVL 50 KNG Delta ENG) BoP (May 2018)
    Kanak'lan-TRIBBLE (LVL 65 DOM Gamma ENG) TRIBBLE (June 2018)
  • Options
    "A lot of stuff," the admiral replied quietly. "They feed off emotions, apparently, and they vary between each one of them. They also created the illusion, and are evidently the ones who made the temporal fracture."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    "Well, that's interesting," Elric said, absorbing the information. "Someone from the future gave me access to this place, I think to save a future version of me from peril. Krystal, Sarah and several others are here too, and we're in the process of adjusting this station's chronometric generators to stop this fracture from destroying the universe. Whether it will work or not, I suppose we'll see."
  • Options
    The admiral raised an eyebrow. "Who else?"​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    "An alternate universe Sarah, going by Agent 47, Mirror Sarah, who's going by Anne, and Mirror Nat is somewhere, but I haven't seen him," he replied.
  • Options
    "Anna," Shivak corrected.
    Nat just sighed. "Of course that mirror me is running around. Why wouldn't he be?"
    As Sarah and Krystal continued, they noticed the shape of a certain mirror admiral watching them from afar.
    "Well, about time you did something useful," he stated, walking out from the shadows. It was mirror Nat again. "You wouldn't believe how long it took to fix that thingy my science officer gave me..."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    "Anna," Elric repeated. "Apologies, Shivak." He then turned to Admiral Nat. "Do you have an exit strategy, sir? Will we be arresting these people for abduction? There is the temporal portal I entered on that we can use to exit, but I also hear there may be ships in this fracture as well?"
    Post edited by hawku001x on
  • Options
    "Oh dear..." Sahasa shook his head exasperatedly. "Kemarahan..."

"What? What'd he do?" Captain Williams asked.

"For some reason, he seems to have convinced some of them that the temporal fracture we're in is generated via technology. And that it's a threat of some kind."

"Well isn't it? A threat, I mean." O'Donnell questioned.

"Not at all. We created this temporal fracture, not with technology, but using our own natural abilities. We can undo it at any time, should we so choose."

"Kemarahan!" Volaas called irately, "Knock it off! Quit playing with the mortals!"

"But it's fun!" The man grinned cheekily. "Besides, you said I couldn't hurt them, and they make me want to punch something. Especially the Vulcan... so stoic and logical..."

"I am right here you know..." Lyras raised an eyebrow. "Volaas, you called us 'mortals' before. Does this mean you're immortal?"

"Not truly immortals, no. While we we can't die of things like old age or disease, we can kill one another."

"What about not getting enough... uh, sustenance," Edwards queried. "...Or whatever it is you get from other peoples' emotions."

"Lack of sustenance won't kill us in and of itself," Volaas replied, "but it will reduce us to mere wisps, shells of ourselves. It is... not a pleasant experience."
  • Options
    Nat overheard the aliens and turned back to Elric, deadpanning. "Look at that. You screwed up."
    The Temporal Fracture

The Firestorm, Firestorm, and Firestorm all emerged from a temporal rift and hailed the Mephiles, seemingly not detecting the other vessel alongside.

On the bridge of the Mephiles, Pevro was greeted by the face of Captain Nat, who was evidently on the bridge of the Firestorm F. "We've all come here to stabilize the temporal fracture. You've probably already noticed that the Mephiles now... conveniently has a timeline stabilizer just like the ones we are using. Prepare for instructions to help us complete this fairly obvious mission. Oh, and maybe send somebody down to retrieve the admiral and his away team?"

"Yes, sir," the large potato replied, turning to one of the officers. "Send a pair of officers to retrieve the admiral and his team."

Eventually, the 4 vessels took off in different directions, manipulating time to begin repairing the fracture before it got any worse.
    A pair of officers, 1 of 6 and 3 of 5, materialized somewhere down the corridor that Anna and Agent 47 were walking up. They noticed them, and walked over. "Have you seen Admiral Nat?" asked 1 of 6.

"Apparently he's in here somewhere," Agent 47 replied. "We expect to run into him eventually..."

They continued, noticing numerous Starfleet officers and various aliens above. Nat noticed their approach and waved them over.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    "Uh, thanks," Elric replied sarcastically. "So, your orders, Admiral?"
  • Options
    "Wait," Nat replied. "We need to learn more about these aliens before we can decide what to do next."

The approaching group arrived, and 1 of 6 spoke up. "Pevro told us to come back for you, as we've got 3 Firestorms and the Mephiles repairing the temporal fracture outside."

Nat sighed. "This might end badly."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    "We're going to destroy the universe," Elric realized. He then thought back to his encounter with his future self. "Was that even real?"
  • Options
    Nat shrugged. "Well, I'm sure somebody would stop us, right?"
    The massive alternate mirror universe's Universe-class I.S.S. Enterprise J appeared out of some futuristic cloak, approaching the Firestorm K and hailing them. Scott looked up at the viewscreen, surprised to see another mirror Nat, evidently from the same universe as his vessel.
    "Deactivate your timeline stabilizers immediately," the alternate mirror Nat stated. "Or everyone dies, and I mean literally everyone."

Scott just deadpanned him. "You can't be serious. You think our trying to fix the temporal fracture will cause the universe to be destroyed?"

The alternate Nat narrowed his eyes. "Exactly."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,175 Community Moderator
    Krystal rested a hand on her phaser.
    "I don't have time for this," she said to Mirror Nat. However something was bothering her about how easy this has been so far. Why weren't these devices being guarded. She and Sarah were actually pretty close to one... yet... nothing. No guards, no security systems...

"Its too easy..." she said, mostly to herself before tapping her commbadge. "Jade here. Anyone find any security around the devices?"
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Elric tapped his commbadge in reply to Krystal. "Captain, it's possible we've been deceived, and that our actions may in fact be what destroys everything. We're in a communal area now with the aliens."
  • Options
    "Enough of this. We must focus on Irora." Sahasa rumbled. Turning to Volaas, he nodded. "Volaas, I shall spread word of the plan among the Xzarefiin. I leave it to you to inform the rest."

"All right, listen up, all of you! I don't feel like repeating myself." Volaas announced. "So we've got a plan, but we need your help to make it happen. Now, there are several parts to this, so listen carefully. Irora, as you know, feeds off of others' pain. His powers and any influence he has over people, also stems from this. Essentially, if we remove the body's ability to feel pain, he won't be able to influence us, or use his powers against us."

"So couldn't we just inject everyone with an analgesic then?" Edwards asked.

"No, he would be able to override it." Volaas replied.

"But then... the only other option would be... you're not seriously suggesting...?" The CMO's voice rose in shock and outrage.

"What? What is it?" Hizrah said, "Spit it out, Edwards!"

"Induction of mutations within the voltage gated sodium channel SCN9A resulting in a truncated non-functional protein -" Lyras began.

"English please, Captain!" Hizrah cut her off.

"Basically, we expose you to a pathogen that turns off the pain receptors in your cells." Volaas explained.

"But isn't that... you know, dangerous?" O'Donnell frowned. "I mean, we could bleed to death and not even know it."

"It is exceedingly dangerous," The Xzarefiin conceded. "In order to minimize the risk, we've created another pathogen, which we will infect you with after Irora's defeat that will restore your cells to normal."

"There may be a problem, though..." Volaas looked thoughtful for a moment before fixing his gaze on the group. "Anyone who has any artificial parts would be... well, adversely affected."
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Nat leaned over to Elric's combadge. "Admiral Nat here. Come join us when you get a chance."

Sek and Gydl shrugged, turning to the now speaking group. "Can he read the pain of a Breen?" Sek asked, concerned. "Injecting me and Gydl with anything would prove unrealistic."
    "Acknowledged," Sarah replied, pulling out her tricorder and trying to figure out where they all are.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    Lyras resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "If you can feel pain, you're vulnerable. Doesn't matter whether he can read it or not-"

"-Although he can, you know." Volaas cut in.

"Can't you just... you know, take off your helmet?" Lyras quipped.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,175 Community Moderator
    Krystal nodded before turning away from the direction they had been going.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Elric flexed his left android arm and then hand which had been installed by Doctor Melzine against his wishes. "This thing is connected to my spinal column, feeding my cerebellum in a delicate balance. I will likely not live through this."
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Sek shook his head. "We're both Breen, a species who live in the extreme cold, and these suits are literally meant to keep us cold. If we took off these helmets, or any other part of this suit, would would die."

"Also, our brains are virtually impossible to read with telepathy," Gydl cut in. "If he's reading it with anything resembling that, it would probably fail."

1 of 6 and 3 of 6 nervously turned to each other. "We're both liberated Borg. The implants can't be removed, so..."

Admiral Nat sighed and held up a hand to get people's attention. "There must be some kind of alternative. One, I take it one of those Firestorms has Captain Nat aboard?"

"Yes..." 1 of 6 replied, cautiously. "Are you seriously..."

"Get him down here, ideally now." Nat replied. "He's got exactly what we need right now."

1 of 6 tapped his combadge. "1 of 6 to the Mephiles. Stop whatever you're doing to the temporal fracture and get Captain Nat down here."

"Understood," replied Pevro over the comms.

It a matter of moments, Captain Nat appeared in a mere flash of light, shrugging. "So what's up?"

"Can you make it so we don't feel pain whatsoever?" the admiral asked his counterpart.

"Well, maybe. I'm still getting used to these, you know..." Captain Nat answered. "Besides, I thought we were going to not use my powers to save the day all the time?"

"Ok, ok, so we'll have to make an exception..." Admiral Nat said, continuing. "Just make it happen."

Captain Nat just snapped his fingers, evidently causing... something. Then he reached out and pinched the admiral on the cheek, evidently causing absolutely nothing, as the admiral didn't react. At all.

"Good job?" the admiral stated, surprised.
    Eventually, Sarah, Mirror Nat, and Krystal made their way to the group by some chance or whatnot.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    "Well, that was... unexpected." Volaas commented, "But also fortuitous. I hadn't realized how many here have inorganic parts. Can you... undo whatever you just did when this is over? Living like this would be.. dangerous."
  • Options
    Captain Nat nodded. "It'd be too easy. I think."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.