test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What would you like to see in 2016?

Comments

• shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    t6 scimitar. tovan khev made dismissable or renameable. I'm sick and tired of having my nod generals on my bridge....and tovan khev....if tovan khev wouldn't appear on my bridge id be a whole lot happier.
  • themadrigogsthemadrigogs Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I might as well drop my wish list...

A T-6 Romulan science ship, hopefully not a Ha'nom... something on the smallish side? A sciency T'varo, or something on the Oberth/Nova idea would be great.

The Reman area of New Romulus. I don't need quests, or content, I just want to walk around a little. Like the Com Station on Defera -- it tasks me...

I know this one is idiosyncratic, but I'd like to see a little change in the lore to clean up Cardassian history. You see, it seems to me that the most likely outcome of the Dominion war would have been an allied occupation of Cardassia, with each faction controlling a separate area à la Germany after WWII. Then you'd have each side rebuilding the planet, but all attempting to prove the superiority of their model and to pull the Cardassians to their side when it eventually became independent again. The Federation zone would be the nascent democracy the lore currently describes, the Klingon zone would be thriving in its own way, making use of the Cardassian's love of bureaucracy by integrating them into the administration of the Empire, and the Romulans would have pulled out after the Hobus event, leaving their zone a defacto independent power. Hoping to liberate their brethren, that power would inevitable come into conflict with the occupying forces in the other zones, as they would believe that they represent the... wait for it... True Way. Sorry, I just think the story works better my way.

Oh, and I'd like to see Romulan uniforms, including faction uniforms, available on all crew members regardless of faction. Right now, if I want all of my crew wearing the same thing, I either need all Romulan officers, which is a little hard to do and, even then, guarantees nothing (like with the Tal Shiar belt/chest piece), or I have to choose very particular outfits. Right now I'm using the Dyson uniform but I'd like more options -- which doesn't require more outfits, just fewer restrictions on current outfits.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,865 Arc User
    Hmm...would like more Specializations...really hoping we will get a new one with the anniversary.

Would be nice to see a/some faction specific Sci ships (Including RR/KDF)
    Some love for less popular weapon types (Kinda tired of nothing but phasers/disruptors/antiproton)
    Would like a Cardassian faction (Preferably gimmickless, but I doubt will happen)
    Would love to see more endgame...both PvE and PvP
    Would like to see PvP fixed.

Probably more but I'm kinda tired and have a lot on my mind.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    My wishlist....

The Romulans as their own faction and not tied to the other two.
    More Science ships.
    Content that supports needing roles (Healing, DPS, Buffing and Tanking)
    More Solo content that allows you to use your BOff's.
    More content that is not strictly ties to the main story but gives us some insight on the side stories.
    More ways to get marks of all kind from Solo content.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    The ability to use any bridge I've unlocked on any ship I own, fed or lockbox (there's enough tech swapping within the alliance I don't she why this would be a big deal. I hate having a massive ship like the Annorax with a closet for a bridge).

The ability to pick what boffs are on my bridge

Mission dialog to conform to who I have slotted as department head in the DOFF section, not by bridge seating

Removal of the dil refinement limit

Smarter carrier pets
    5rFUCPd.png

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Everyone else has pretty much summed it up for me.

What else would I like?

Bring back some of the older events that gave away ships so newer players could get them. I'd like a chance at the DSD and the Obelisk. Or put the Obelisk in the reclaim store. I do have it on a couple of toons, would like it on the others too.

Oh, and don't retire the Breen ships. I only just started running for this one that I have, would like a chance to get the others.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    More food and drink choices. Green Martinis, Klingon Grappa, Romulan Battery Acid...the good stuff. Maybe some steaks.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    Or put the Obelisk in the reclaim store. I do have it on a couple of toons, would like it on the others too.
    Actually, you can buy one from the fleet holdings, I think you need to go to the Spire.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • aliguanaaliguana Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    T6 Rom pure science ship, Delta event, fix recruitment so I can actually recruit more than one Romulan/Reman per year :p
    LUKARI GUERILLA GARDENING MILITIA - Glowing fingers are Growing fingers!
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    Or put the Obelisk in the reclaim store. I do have it on a couple of toons, would like it on the others too.
    Actually, you can buy one from the fleet holdings, I think you need to go to the Spire.

Thanks. I'll check it out.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    Thanks. I'll check it out.
    just to be clear: this is the Basic Obelisk, not the same as the one in the Lobi Store.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Yellow Science Vessel Submarine. Yellow optional, the Ferengi ship was already gold.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    No more reputation systems that rely exclusively on the ques, like the Iconian rep. Adventure/battle zones are the way to go.

Definitely. I've decided to put my alts on the grind for some of the rep ship gear they don't have (because I'm a TRIBBLE) and Iconian marks are so much worse than Dyson, 8472 and Terran are a breeze compared to Iconian because of the adventure zones and they don't reward as generously as the borg STFs. The Dyson front really should be the model on that score as you're really able to get loads on one cycle assuming no one steals the command credits in the zone you soloed (they really need to scrap that and just give you an amount based on your contribution to the effort and it's really cheesing me off as I've had that happen to me twice today :# ).
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Post deleted. I double-posted where I though I was editing this one.
    Post edited by kyrrok on
    edited December 2015
    A T6 Hegh'ta
    T6 Klingon and Romulan science ship. And by Klingon science ship, I mean a Klingon science ship and at that a well put together ship at that.Not a sci-carrier, not a bird of prey, and not a garbage scow that is done just to fill the quota, draw sharp criticism, and have that as a reason to renew the "No science for KDF or Roms, this ship didn't sell" A conscientious effort toward a good Klingon science ship. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know "Klingons are so st00pid" and all that jazz, I've seen the likes of that a thousand times already. This is not the "Troll the Klingon players thread." Gorn science ships are not an objectionable possibility provided they are in addition to, not instead of a Klingon science ship.
    A boost for torpedoes, at least the basic 6.
    A boost for cannons and the removal of the distance dropoff penalty. It is excessive and completely unnecessary.
    A boost for Beam:Overload with additional conservative increase of +30% crtD
    Certain Fed-trolls to stop trolling the Klingon main players or at least to not get away with it.

Would I like these to happen? Yes. Do I expect it to happen? I posted this here, but I won't be posting it in the What's next for STO thread.
    No more reputation systems that rely exclusively on the ques, like the Iconian rep. Adventure/battle zones are the way to go.

Would like to see the next rep have an adventure zone along the lines of New Romulus. A balance between quests and combat.

Technically they have Iconian mark packs in the Kobali warzone, but that's an oppurtunity for either those or Delta mark packs and only on 2 missions. But that small fact does not negate the overall truth and you're right, that just won't cut it for me either. :| With T'ket's hordes still running around loose like a pack of wild dogs, there is no reason why even now there can't be a real Iconian warzone.[/quote]

Post edited by kyrrok on
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    hypl wrote: »
    Stability. I'd like the game to NOT turn into a 10 fps nightmare when everyone starts firing their phasers.

Oh, and see that signature below? Enough excuses.

Agreed. Also less time travel TRIBBLE and more TASTEFUL use of time travel as an occasional plot device to spice up a story.

Better writing overall, right now the story looks like it was written by a drunken 10 year old.

Expand New Romulus. Build on the gameplay style employed on New Romulus- Combat SECONDARY.

More species and faction specific dialouge OPTIONS.

Fed Story arc revamp.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • hmkchmkc Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    - For my 23rd Century Phaser Type 1 to lay flat against my costume and not stick out so..
    - T6 Constitution Class Star Ship
    - More Time Travel Eps.
    Kirk out!
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User

In 2016, I would like to see a complete restructure of the game. I would like for three fully developed and individual factions to be (re) released under their own banners (presumably, the Federation, Imperials, and Star Empire). I would like to see three very specific stories being told; one per faction, and I would like to see the removal of any universal episode/mission.

I would like these three factions to play vastly different to each other, different powers, different abilities, different ship setups, the works. I would also like for playable Cardassians to actually be added to the C-Store for anyone to purchase.

#unrealistic expectations
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    New Orleans class frigate. I'd actually purchase Zen to get this ship if they ever released it even though I have more then enough dilithium saved up to get any ship I want. Probably never happen, but I can dream.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • tessaravejgantessaravejgan Member Posts: 276
    Lets see. My wish list :smiley:

- bug fixes of course, some bugs have been there long before I joined but nothings being done about it (defera hards, enemies getting stuck inside walls, endo/exothermic causing enemies to jump around like on trampoline, etc)

- shuttle stfs & missions, shuttle stuff fixed like proper shuttle view so I can actually see what I'm shooting, not getting stuck in the air because I happen to be flying to high (atmosphere assault)

- better handling of spammers/trolls. If I have someone on ignore I want the game to recognize that and not put me in the same damn stf as them. Theres a reason why I have them on ignore.

- make missions that are more than just pew pew like I don't know having to survey an area of planet than can't be traversed on foot but you use a jetpack/power board instead

- speaking of, how about some jetpack stfs, jetpack aerial combat :)

- some updates to qo'nos first city looks, making exchange/bank consoles more responsive, etc

- improvements to loading times, been a few weeks since I was on ds9 but ever since terran stfs rolled out the loading times there are horrendous and on some other places but its random

- rework of kdf missions. Now this may be just me but most of early kdf specific missions are horrible. those fek'ihri missions especially

- proper expansion packs with bunch of missions & stuff. I don't like the way missions are being handled. we get them one at a time and it drags on for weeks. The rewards may be nice but I would rather have them spread out through multiple missions than having to repeat same one multiple times.

- faction specific missions, let the game recognize what faction I'm playing and give appropriate dialog choices, not just welcome dahar master and the continues on like I'm fed

- lobi/lockbox/promo/fleet ships being made account wide unlocks and reclaimable just like zen/event ships. I payed for them one way or another and don't see why I can't have them on all my chars.

- update the crafting system so that next rarity upgrade is guaranteed and I can choose what mods I want on my gear. The way it is now sucks. I'll gladly pay double/triple the amount of dil for it. Would be nice if you could craft those herald/biomatter/phased/whatever weaponry and gear once you hit lvl 20. I mean I max out my schools and theres not much I can do with it.

- why do we only get weapons boxes with every new lockbox. why not other gear like armor/shields/cores/etc, give us some variety. Think one of the older boxes has shields in them. I know the tholian one has environmental armor in it.

- once you get a manual from lockbox/missions/etc make it craftable so I can make them for my other boffs

- make commando skill tree a full specialization like with pilot for those of us who like ground combat as well

- rework of stfs so that people actually want to play them. The way it is now the rewards even on elite are barely worth the effort. Maybe increase the odds of getting very rare gear like kit modules/weapons/etc on higher difficulties, include ultra rare/epic stuff and I don't know add some special gear like playing iconian stfs you get a chance to get herald gear, delta stfs gives out delta vaadwaur gear, etc, cosmetics, something that will make people want to do them.

- t6 kazon carrier that can use kazon raiders as pets

- t6 version of that tholian tarantula ship, looks nice, would like to have that. Make it a dreadnought

- t6 keldon with a console that generates those holograms like the npc version. already gave us galor, you know, might as well :smiley:

- kdf/rom sci ships, t6 vo'quv, more kdf/rom ships in general

- increase the odds of getting better rewards from lockboxes like ships/manuals/missions/etc

- more clothing variety is always nice, game lacks hat options. Make the clothing sex neutral. Would be quite a sight going after the tholians/borg/iconians/whatnot as a guy wearing a miniskirt or female wearing a suit and why aren't there any thongs (both sexes) on Risa? at least I don't remember seeing any :smile:

- return of other promo ships like bulwark/annorax, make a t6 version of bulwark like what they did with bug ship

- someone mentioned pony's, yeah, sure, why not. Already have cats, dogs, spiders, snowconians and whatnot might as well have pony's, make it rainbow colored with wings, oh and can I have a purple unicorn :smiley:

Phew, think thats it, can't remember what else, might have forgotten something :smiley:
  • johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    a second 360 degree phaser beam
    dual quantum torpedoes
    the ability to add weapon/bridge officer/console slots to your fleet admiral's flag ship. Massive dil/cash dump, but its your flag ship!
    Shatner making his appearance in the game
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    The removal of teaming restrictions after someone has completed Surface Tension

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Updated 2016 want thread

Tier 6 Sovereign, Nebula and Vor'cha Classes.
    A true Romulan Science ship.
    A new Ground Battlezone taking the best elements of Dyson and Vaadwaar and creating a epic Dominion Battle zone
    Ground weapons esp phasers and disrupters to be given new TNG-VOY skins.
    R&D mats to be easily obtainable in bulk rather than random drops like in the good old days when we had star clusters to farm mats.
    A proper Romulan Faction and any future Factions to also be separate
    Idiots in PUG ISN runs who lack the firepower to cut throw wet tissue paper going off to solo a side. I've come to the reasoning that they have to be griefer or trolls

No more Nerf threads that are breeding like Tribbles
    Post edited by misterferengi#8959 on
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Episodes. Engaging, team-friendly episodes. I'd like to see that as the main, overriding priority, with little or no emphasis on releasing new ships, broken wallet-warrior abilities, reputations, specializations, lockboxes or STF grinds. We've got enough fancy ships spewing technicolor space vomit. What we need are more diverse, engaging things to do with those ships.

How about new playable species for the Romulans? Suliban or Hirogen are obvious choices, but, since the Klingons and Feds both have cats, why can't we get a dog? (Just don't actually call it a dog, or say they come from Sirius or Zeta Lupi, or something).
    edited December 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    The removal of teaming restrictions after someone has completed Surface Tension

You can put that on my list too. As of that episode we are allies, document or none, just as we should have been the entire time.
  • wakerobertswakeroberts Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    My list isn't too too long,

-DS9 revamp, complete with Vic's Lounge featuring the music of James Darren.

-T6 Sovereign

-Cardassian ground weapons. Perhaps a Cardassian BOff as well.

-More canon minor powers with corresponding spacecraft. Ex: Talarians, Sheliak, Tzenkethi, Nyberrite Alliance, Yridians

-Playable Acamarian Frigate http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Talarian_warship

I could think of more but I'll stop there.
  • x10110100x10110100 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I'd like an actual class balance pass.

Bring Engineering and Science up to par with Tactical. It's always seemed silly for example that a Tactical flying a science ship is more effective than a Science captain ever can be.

I'd also like a skill and item overhaul.

Which is to say do a pass of all the skills that no one uses and the items that buff them and make them useful or if impossible just remove them. When I say this I am thinking about things like Viral Matrix and Sub Space Decompiler and things like Boarding Party and other system disables/skills that don't last long enough to have any useful function.

And a change for skills that drain shields.

I suggest making them percent based instead of draining 500 shields which doesn't scale with difficulty make them drain 20% of shields scaling with gear or simply make them alter shield strength by percent.

Stuff like this is what I'd like.
    edited December 2015
    As long as we are adding canon ships we haven't seen yet, I have always liked the Zalkonian version of the Tarellian ship. The pink bubble of the Tarellian version did nothing for me, but the overall lines of the model were excellent. Plus, the Zalkonians had that crew disabling weapon that would make for an interesting console.
    Post edited by themadrigogs on
  • damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    The Steamrunner available to everyone. I play through Arc not Steam. The Steamrunner is one of my favorite designs and not being able to fly it makes me sad. :'(
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.