• Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Leave Spoof Trek out of Star Trek. No
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    I think it's a shame that the reboot isn't included in the game. I wouldn't mind roming the Star Trek universe as a captain in tos era wearing the jj version of the uniform and complete tos era t6 ship .. It's more up to date .. Also that bridge would be nice
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    I think it's a shame that the reboot isn't included in the game. I wouldn't mind roming the Star Trek universe as a captain in tos era wearing the jj version of the uniform and complete tos era t6 ship .. It's more up to date .. Also that bridge would be nice

That's hilarious :D

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    No way, it's a totally different style (and also outside the licence). Not against some of the styles inspiring stuff in STO (I believe the Vengence class snuck in in a way - but thankfully wasn't as ugly as in STID). I'm more interested in taking some tips from their interior style - maybe not as starship but ground areas or another faction.

More interested in getting some of the species in (weirdly, JJverse is not keen on using canon aliens, so far just Klingons, Vulcans and Orion) as they would exist in the prime reality and some look quite interesting. Make a reimagining of some.

Also Romulans...Caitians (the twin cat girls in bed with Kirk were confirmed to be Caitian), the also mention Gorn
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Not only do they mention Gorn, Bones talked about delivering Gorn via C-Section, and how they "have teeth."

Gorn are hatched. Either he pulled eggs from the mother, or he cracked open an egg. One leads to no teeth being present, the other is more prepping breakfast than performing a C-Section.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    1 word.

image.jpg
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    Cheater.

A picture is worth 1000 words
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Even if they had the rights to them... no. Leave JJTrek alone.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    khan5000 wrote: »
    No way, it's a totally different style (and also outside the licence). Not against some of the styles inspiring stuff in STO (I believe the Vengence class snuck in in a way - but thankfully wasn't as ugly as in STID). I'm more interested in taking some tips from their interior style - maybe not as starship but ground areas or another faction.

More interested in getting some of the species in (weirdly, JJverse is not keen on using canon aliens, so far just Klingons, Vulcans and Orion) as they would exist in the prime reality and some look quite interesting. Make a reimagining of some.

Also Romulans...Caitians (the twin cat girls in bed with Kirk were confirmed to be Caitian), the also mention Gorn

The catgirls were not Caitians. Whatever people say off screen doesn't count as canon.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User

Well the Romulans featured were actually Prime universe. Good point on the Caitians. Gorn... well, have you seen the game? Apparently they're from another TRIBBLE galaxy now! Also, they smashed up the Enterprise in that as well. They really should stop building it out of tissue paper.

• Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    [

Well the Romulans featured were actually Prime universe. Good point on the Caitians. Gorn... well, have you seen the game? Apparently they're from another TRIBBLE galaxy now! Also, they smashed up the Enterprise in that as well. They really should stop building it out of tissue paper.

Wait, was that TRIBBLE actually canon? :o Oh god.....

Change of mind here, lets keep all JJ stuff out for the sake of the gorn race.
  • Options
    Heh... Apparently, they're at it again in the next movie, tearing the Enterprise apart again. The new trailer for "Beyond" is out. There's shots of a pretty wrecked ship, escape pods, and Kirk talking about having no ship or crew.

For a more advanced ship than the TOS Connie, the NJJ-1701 sure does have a rough go of it...
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    J.J. Abrams Trek makes me gak. Spock and Uhura having a thing going on...where the heck did that come from? I always thought Spock had a secret crush on Nurse Chapel which he succeeded in keeping in check. Ain't it grand when Hollywood director personalities push themselves on and ruin a perfectly good franchise? And Kirk is constantly being made to look like a disobedient, immature school boy. Everything about it is bizarre. Please make it go away. I would much prefer for the Cryptic developers to continue to roll out their versions of future faction Trek ship designs. When the bad guy turned out to be Kahn...YET AGAIN...I knew this was bad. In a universe filled with bad guys...where's the imagination?!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »
    Heh... Apparently, they're at it again in the next movie, tearing the Enterprise apart again. The new trailer for "Beyond" is out. There's shots of a pretty wrecked ship, escape pods, and Kirk talking about having no ship or crew.

This is another thing that has to stop. The Enterprise gets blown to bits in order to save the day. I remember when this type of thing was a last resort solution. Most of the episodes were about how to keep the ship and crew intact. Now the movies are about how will they blow up the ship this time.

klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    barely operating really, plus how effective are you without them, without a crew you are as good as dead and that goes for everyone no matter what your ship may be

If you think that, you must have no idea how crew works in STO.

Yeah. My Bortasqu has 3600 crew. I'm down to 5 after being hit by 1 torpedo spread. Other than my passive hull healing goes to hell, crew does not affect your effectiveness.

Also, JJ Trek? The first one was ok. The second one just insults the intelligence of the audience. Good thing they are "moving away from Trek-ness" with the third movie.

I don't particularly mind if JJ ships are flying around. I don't have to fly one. Knock yourself out.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    goodscotch wrote: »
    J.J. Abrams Trek makes me gak. Spock and Uhura having a thing going on...where the heck did that come from? I always thought Spock had a secret crush on Nurse Chapel which he succeeded in keeping in check. Ain't it grand when Hollywood director personalities push themselves on and ruin a perfectly good franchise? And Kirk is constantly being made to look like a disobedient, immature school boy. Everything about it is bizarre. Please make it go away. I would much prefer for the Cryptic developers to continue to roll out their versions of future faction Trek ship designs. When the bad guy turned out to be Kahn...YET AGAIN...I knew this was bad. In a universe filled with bad guys...where's the imagination?!

It actually comes from a few suggested scenes in TOS. The first couple of episodes of Star Trek hints at something being between Spock and Uhura but then the thread was not picked up again. I want to say it's in Charlie X but I am not certain. I always felt that Chapel had a crush on Spock but I am not sure about how he felt about her.

However the main point that people seem to forget is that it supposed to be an alternate reality and not exactly like the prime universe. We don't expect the mirror universe to be exactly like the prime?

and why shouldn't the alt-verse ships be in the game (other than licensing reasons). Everyone found Trek via different means. How would TNG fans feel if the Galaxy class wasn't in the game or DS9 fans if the Defiant class wasn't in the game or Voyager fans if the Intrepid class wasn't in the game? As a TOS fan it bothers me that I will never have my enterprise at end game. I have to settle for the Excelsior class (nothing against the ship...she's fun but she's not the Connie). The game should appeal to all Star Trek fans.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    artan42 wrote: »

The catgirls were not Caitians. Whatever people say off screen doesn't count as canon.​​

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Caitian
    Your pain runs deep.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    I'd like that Jellyfish ship that Spock had in the first JJ-Trek movie.
    Would even settle for it being a high-powered shuttle.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

The catgirls were not Caitians. Whatever people say off screen doesn't count as canon.

And? The wiki is also not canon.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I would so totally want the dreadnought from the second movie

And I want that Klingon ship with its ground assault crew coming down on tow lines like G.I.'s from a Bell Helicopter. What in sto-vo-kor could be cooler?

vengeance-b.jpg

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-beautiful-klingon-designs-jj-abrams-rejected-for-st-1216785197

http://www.nevillepage.com/articles_StarTrek2.html

http://www.nevillepage.com/gallery_StarTrek2.html

ST_KlingonHead.jpg

https://youtube.com/watch?v=_7ZouR37rTE​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    edited December 2015

It might not technically count as canon, but the statement of someone who worked on the movie counts a hell of a lot more than some random person on a message board.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    double post, see above.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User

The catgirls were not Caitians. Whatever people say off screen doesn't count as canon.

And? The wiki is also not canon.

Memory Alpha's point of view for content derived from the television series and the theatrical films is "in-universe", which means that the information will be written from the point of view of an archivist at the Memory Alpha library facility. This information is the total extent of the canon on the site.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Memory_Alpha:Content_policy_FAQ#What_does_.22in-universe.22_and_.22supplementary.22_mean_exactly.3F​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    thetanine wrote: »
    ST_KlingonHead.jpg
    Have to admit I really like Page's Klingon re-design.​​
    Despite the rumors.... Neville's work looks a LOT like TNG Klingons.... with lots of piercings.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,145 Community Moderator
    As much as any of us might love to have ANYTHING from the reboot movies... legally we can't get anything. Not even a Phaser Pistol. STO has free reign of everything up to Nemesis and Enterprise as those are owned by CBS. Paramount owns the new movies.

I would have loved a Phaser Compression Pistol like the reboot pistol, and the uniforms.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    Wrong universe...

Also, the Enterprise is pretty much destroyed in the new movie, so...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    danielhunter1991danielhunter1991 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    I know I would, although whether it will happen or not is another thing.