test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

which race will you be if you could be RL?

Comments

• hawku001x wrote: »
    El Aurian for a nice long lifespan.

Or Deltan, so I can finally be bald.

I thought Vulcans lived just as long or other species I cant really remember but good pick. ok so besides ferengi as a second choice I would say douwd because they are the closest thing to Q but not as harassing to everyone around them (unless you blow up my wife)
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I thought Vulcans lived just as long or other species I cant really remember but good pick
    Vulcans (I think) live roughly twice as long as Humans (bare in mind we typically live 150+ years in Trek). El Aurian however, live a lot longer than that. Pretty sure they can live for millennia.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\Human/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Seriously, in the shows, how many times in the shows did the bad guy get foiled because they were surprised by how adaptable the humans were?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    Gulberat I have to bow to your insight because I didn't even think to consider time periods of races in the mess of Trek lore.

For me, the Rule of Cool doesn't pre-empt safety and freedom from oppression. ;) I admit, I also like the idea of being part of rebuilding. Getting the chance to have an influence on the course of events and make things better for the next generation is a cool motivator.
    I would be Human, because I don't hate on my own species.

Ironically my reason for voting for (post-tyranny) Cardassian and Bajoran is that I'm honest enough about my nature and 21st century human nature to not want to have that changed too much. The Cardassians and Bajorans both come off a lot more human at times than the humans of the 24th century. ;)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • yukonsamyukonsam Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Photonic. Because a photonic programmer with access to her own source code is, with careful backup, effectively immortal and delightfully mutable
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    One question mark is enough in the title, OP.
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    Human...everyone else seemed to be stereotypical...Vulcans are logical, Klingons love fighting and war and blood, Romulans are suspicious and untrustworthy...as a human I can be all those things or none of them.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    Romulan... because cloaking devices. Better cloaking devices than their Klingon counterparts. Also, the Mogai is awesome looking.
    7NGGeUP.png

• thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    One question mark is enough in the title, OP.

QFT B)
    Post edited by thegrandnagus1 on

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    khan5000 wrote: »
    Human...everyone else seemed to be stereotypical...Vulcans are logical, Klingons love fighting and war and blood, Romulans are suspicious and untrustworthy...as a human I can be all those things or none of them.

Another great reason to vote for Bajorans and Cardassians if you want other-species options where everybody isn't the same. :) Both of those races had tendencies but because of how much we saw of them, we also saw a LOT of different people. For example, people say Cardassians are nothing but jackbooted thugs, but remember that we saw two different dissident movements get strong enough in a span of about 3 years to overthrow totalitarian governments. That right there--plus all the dissidents we saw on screen, is proof enough to me that the Cardassians are, like 21st-century humans, a mixed bag.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    A member of a race of hot alien wolf girls
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,442 Community Moderator
    semalda226 wrote: »

I'll go for fox if we throw those in.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Android, with an emotion chip I can deactivate.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    well, seeing as the title isn't referring to anything specific, meaning any race one can think of can be picked and not just limited to star trek...i pick werewolf, because superhuman strength, speed that would make a cheetah jealous, claws and fangs sharp enough to gouge metal, rapid healing meaning wounds suffered that would be debilitating for weeks in a human or similar race would be a mild inconvenience for perhaps a day or two, strong resistence or outright immunity to most forms of sickness and disease and a wicked strong sex drive

and an awesome floofy tail on top of all that​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    Going just by the STO universe species, Caitian or Ferasan. As for the ultimate choice, my avatar and name speaks for itself ^w^
  • azmodeasazmodeas Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    A photonic AI that flips between Ferasan, Caitian, and Romulan. Or a Human Augment/ Romulan hybrid.
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    Miqo'te!! oh wait wrong universe...

Vorta.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Probably one of my favorite trek races, tossup between Human (no change) Vulcan, Andorian, and Romulan, although betazoids sound kinda cool... although naked weddings would be awkward.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    Jem'Hadar
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
    svindal777 wrote: »
    Jem'Hadar

That would be kinda a drag though, only fighting forever and ever never stopping to rest... but I guess it works for the jem'hadar.. they like it..

Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    The OP will never make that mistake again LOL, especially since he was shown the door. Dude got it coming.

I love the justice here.
  • aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Andorian or Klingon. Was there ever a reference to the lifespan of Andorians ? Klingons can live for 300 years.
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    aurigas7 wrote: »
    Was there ever a reference to the lifespan of Andorians ? Klingons can live for 300 years.

a quick browse of memory alpha says no, because the article there has no mention of lifespan​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    dabelgrave wrote: »
    Borg.​​

The collective appreciates your donation and will be along shortly to..
    wait We Are Borg. We Do Not Make Puns. You Will Be Assimilated. Resistance Is Futile.

• breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Hmmm, other than Human (since I already play one of those in RL)...
    • Q, post Continuum War. Stagnant and boring pre-War Q wouldn't be any fun, and I'd prefer not to deal with the War itself. Of course, Q is already Q, so I'd have to be Q instead. I wouldn't want to be like Q, though, because she was way too serious; Q was much more entertaining, and I'd rather emulate him if given the choice.
    • A Changeling or Photonic might be fun, just for the versatility. Still, Changelings tend to lose themselves to the Great Link, and Photonics would be even more vulnerable than poor Gaius Selan. I'm not sure the downsides balance out as well as one might think.
    • I already play a standard Human in RL, so maybe trying out a variant might be interesting. An Esper is one possibility, or maybe a stable Augment (like Bashir). Something to make things a little more interesting while still being a member of good old Humanity. Since that's what I'm familiar with, it'd make RPing my species much easier.
    Maybe just playing a standard Human that went in for diet and exercise rather than snacks and gaming might be a more realistic option, though. I really ought to try that out at some point.
    semalda226 wrote: »

Nah, you'd rather be a wayward harvest diety that decided to try your hand at trade. At some point, you would acquire exclusive rights to photonic entertainment systems and license Holo-decks and Holo-suites. Long after those rights expired, people would forget where the name came from and assume it was derived from the word "hologram"; it would be a source of humor rather than discontent, however, since in your wisdom you've already come to accept the transitory nature of those you watch over.
    Post edited by breadandcircuses on
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
    From a Character RP perspective, I'm not concerned with lifespan, its mostly irrelevant, the candle which burns half as long burns twice as bright.

However from a personal standpoint of course, a long lifespan is a certain plus as I'm in no hurry to die.

• tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Aenar.
  • hornet6hornet6 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    This may sound like a cop-out but I would be an "enigmatic alien", KDF aligned (philosophically)
    ANOTHER NERF !?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mallory2kxmallory2kx Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    I would like to be an artificial life form like a sentient hologram.