test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

You can pick one game from before 2000 and update it.

1235»

Comments

• Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Does it count if they've made sequels/remakes since then, but we'd still like to see them go back to the older version and remake it directly and see what they could do with today's technology? Because I've been thinking and despite the fact that they've made so many Romance of the Three Kingdoms games since then, the old Genesis version of RTK 2 still holds a special place in my heart... You see, it was my first experience with the ability to create and customize my own player-character in a video game...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,954 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Shogo!

Among other things it's got the best intro ever. It's also a US made parody of the Japanese giant robot genre which somehow also found in the choas FPS gameplay that's fun for its own sake now, even with getting on to be 20 years of genre development (and I mean that somewhat genuinely).

Really, this one was special and of anything it deserves less terrible graphics...or perhaps even more terrible! Just something to bring it back. :P
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    Well, I can't pick just one (it would be way too difficult) so I'll make a small list of my favorites.

1. Resident Evil 3 Nemesis - That game is still awesome, although a remake like it has been done with the first part would be even better. And why I still haven't tried Resident Evil remake, I intend too as soon as finish some other titles I'm currently playing. RE 3 Nemesis is the first survival horror game I played and it is still in my top 10 survival horror games. Since first RE got it's remake, it would be fair if it's sequel get remakes too (especially RE3 Nemesis).

2. Vigilante V8 Second Offense - Since the first part has been already mentioned in the topic, I must add it's sequel which was even better for me. I played this game very often when I was a kid and I never really got bored of it.

3. Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere - A very decent flight simulator with lots of planes and interesting missions. It would be nice to see it in HD version.

4. Duke Nukem Time to Kill and Land of the Babes - I had a lot of fun with these two, and I would certainly want to experience them in HD versions.

5. Independence Day - I think the name says all about it! It's aerial combat against alien invaders. Lots of fun!

6. Medal of Honor and Medal of Honor Underground - this were the two best FPS games I played on playstation 1, and still the best MoH games for me despite their outdated graphics. They definitely deserve to have their HD versions.

7. Urban Chaos - Also a great game! Climbing high-rise rooftops and playing a cop was lots of fun back when I was a kid. And I'm thinking that it would still be the case with HD version of this game.

8. Star Trek Armada 1 & 2 - Already mentioned before. I think that explaining reasons why this would be great is unnecessary.

9. Star Trek Bridge Commander - One of the best Trek games up to date. Although sequel would be more desirable, I would be happy with remake too.

10. Star Trek Starfleet Command 3 - Also great ST game. I especially loved ship customization in this game and I think that proper remake could do even more with it. Story was pretty good too.

11. Command & Conquer Generals and Zero Hour expansion - One of the best and most fun RTS games I played. I can never get bored of them and I still have them installed on computer. Campaigns and General's challenges are pretty good too. The remake of these games simply must happen!

12. The Thing - Another great survival horror game which is also a sequel to the 1982. movie of a same title. It's remake would certainly make me play it again.

Disclaimer: I know that some of the last titles mentioned were released after 2000, but I thought they should make it in the list despite of that, because they are simply awesome games.
    FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
    SZ1RgUL.jpg
    SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    Since I've already seen several mentioned that I think are deserving of a remake, such as Star Trek: Unity, Klingon Academy, and Star Trek: Borg, I'm going to throw in a completely silly one but one that I got totally addicted to years ago.

Depending on where in the world you were when you bought it, you'd either know it as Twinsen's Odyssey or Little Big Adventure 2. Like I said, this is a very silly, cartoony game, but some of the puzzles it required you to solve in order to advanced were darned challenging. It was also made tougher than it needed to be because of a VERY aggravating bug in which once a bad guy started hitting you, you got caught in loop of being hit over and over that you often could not break out of. (Then again sometimes I could do the same to the baddies.) Having it rereleased with updated graphics and that annoying bug fixed would be so much fun and so much nostalgia. :)

The copy I had happened to have the Russian voice overs and text, and it was hysterically funny to me to hear the lead character speak in this deep voice in Russian and then get this high-pitched voice from the original English-speaking voice actor in the cutscenes (which were NOT redubbed).

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    some more games i've thought of; Imperium Galactica I & II

i never played the first but i played the second extensively - that was, in fact, my first 4x strategy game, and i'd definitely like to see the entire series remastered...though, i would have to insist on some modifications to the AI and ship limits; having a kra'hen fleet composed of over 900 battleships show up and proceed to systematically wipe out every one of your worlds in the late game was never fun, because that's just impossible to counter​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Perhaps Stars!?

It was an old TBS that was fun, but had feeble graphics.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,993 Arc User
    Final Fantasy IX, it's got a beautiful story about enjoying life and preserving it and all the separate classes worked really well with some great characters.

Just give it a HD remaster but keep the original gameplay and you have a winner
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
      ryan218 wrote: »
      Im going to cheat,, this game is from the early 2000's but I would LOVE an update/redo/sequel. Its called " The movies" Doubt many have played it but it was quite fun, and had an AWESOME online community. Basically you linked pre-made animation scenes together to form a movie. It was pretty labor intensive, but with nowadays tech it could be a GREAT game! I actually spent 6 months editing a movie... still cant believe it myself, but the finally result was pretty good for my limited patience. Anyway,, THATS the game I would like to see remade with modern tech.

I used to play the Hell out of that game! I still have the disk on my shelf.

I too spent many an hour trying to get the scene JUUUUUUUUUST right.. then of course after the 2 hours to render the movie the timing would ALWAYS be off by about 1.5 seconds... still,, was a GREAT game.
      I still have the original disk and the Stunt'and'effects expansion been thinking about taking an old computer and building a
      " MOVIES" machine. I also have a TON of mods for the game sitting on a couple old machines as well. Its been so long im not even sure I would remember how they work,,, LOL.

Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
      Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
      The Devils Henchman
    • Options
      legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
      a few more games to add to the pool, and i KNOW these are all from pre-2000...mostly

rogue squadron
      rogue squadron 2
      rogue squadron 3
      battle for naboo
      starfighter
      jedi starfighter
      the clone wars
      force commander
      galactic battlegrounds

(these are obviously all star wars)​​
      Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
      An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
      A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
      A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
      "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
      Passion and Serenity are one.
      I gain power by understanding both.
      In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
      I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
      The Force is united within me.