What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tier 6 Dreadnought Stats

Comments

• Options
    cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    narsuss wrote: »
    the Nausicaan ships came with that plasma leech so why not link up a set with the vent the leech and that supplement console?

because http://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_Scourge_Destroyer_Retrofit they aren't exactly the same line. Much like the Gal-x won't get a 5 piece set with the galaxy consoles.
  • Options
    dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    I kinda like the stats and seatings, at least no false choices.

However, what about the lances/javelins ? Was their cooldown reduced ? Was the accuracy improved?
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • Options
    cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    the Nausicaan ships came with that plasma leech so why not link up a set with the vent the leech and that supplement console?
    However I do think they should make the cloaking console a cross faction console so it can have the set bonus. It would allow romulan and KDF ships without cloak (the few that there are) to have at least TRIBBLE cloak with the loss of console slot. Basically just open it up for any fed ship to use. It would make sense now that the alliance is so much closer from the icconian war.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Honestly, if it were me I'd have given the Kolasi a 2-piece bonus for using Theta Radiation Vents and Supplemental Subsystems to match the 2-piece of the other two ships. That would be a simple method of granting parity while promoting the sale of the Scourge, whose console is mostly unused these days. Seriously, I haven't seen Theta Radiation in ages. On the other hand I suspect most folks playing KDFside, either exclusively or because they prefer playing multiple factions, already own the Vandal... so from a business standpoint they should instead promote the sale of that other Nausicaan ship. Plus, it is extremely unlikely that we'll get a T6 version of the Scourge, and species-related ships like the Breen, Risian, Voth, etc. have been known to share console sets across entirely different ship categories.

What also interests me is the potential interaction of the Cloaking Device console and the incoming T6 Defiant. I'd expected there to be 2- and 3-piece bonuses for that ship for using the Quad Cannons, Cloaking Device, and whatever console comes on the aforementioned T6 Defiant (and B'Rel/T'Varo). The thing is, now that would leave the Cloaking Device as a part of two separate sets, something that hasn't happened in STO before... and enable the Yamato use of two 2-piece bonuses from two different sets by taking advantage of the overlapping Cloaking Device. Makes you wonder, eh?

That would mean they've consciously been ignoring potential set options KDFside, including species-related ships and cross-faction consoles, while granting unprecedented overlap of item sets Fedside...
    Post edited by breadandcircuses on
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    sewew#4681 sewew Member Posts: 2 New User
    awdawdawd
  • Options
    sewew#4681 sewew Member Posts: 2 New User
    awfafwaf
  • Options
    darthconnor1701darthconnor1701 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    Needs improvements. Take away for me is needs to have 5/3 weapons instead of 4/4 atleast. I'd make it 4 tac consoles 5 at fleet level. Also make it innate cloak with the console for cloak adding maneuverability while cloaked along with bonuses it already gave. That makes it a dreadnought.

Still wish they stop messing with redoing ships and just let us pick hull, weapon layout, boff layout, power bonus, and console setup we want. Pay 40 to have a ship not only with the hull I want but with a build I chose set to be fleet level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thenoname711thenoname711 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    That command seating instead of intel ruins it for me. We already have one almost similar looking ship with command.
    Oh well, I guess my wallet will remain shut for the moment, but should the command seating be replaced with intel I would buy immediately.
    Gameserver not found.
  • Options
    dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    That command seating instead of intel ruins it for me. We already have one almost similar looking ship with command.
    Oh well, I guess my wallet will remain shut for the moment, but should the command seating be replaced with intel I would buy immediately.

Yes, because there is shortage of ships with intelligence seating....
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • Options
    darthconnor1701darthconnor1701 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    I'd rather have pilot but betting sov tier 6 is getting that honor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    caanoscaanos Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Has there been any information about the accuracy of the lances, or if the separation pets for the Yamato and Kara have been improved at all?
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    caanos wrote: »
    Anybody notice that the stats for the Kara Advanced Warbird is missing a cloak of any kind? Hoping it's just a typo on their part, but have to admit that it has me a bit worried.

That's just an omission. It does indeed have the standard Romulan Battle Cloak ability.

Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleski

Cryptic Studios

Lead Systems Designer

My Romulans/Remans and Romulan-allied Alien thanks you :)
  • Options
    generalguncraftgeneralguncraft Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    would be nice to get a new Romulan hanger pet rather than one you can already get for all factions through rep
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
  • Options
    ndragonndragon Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Another question that crossed my mind is: Does the Mastery Trait work on weapons with [over] proc or "only" on the Overload I-III Boff skills ?
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    Anyone actually get to try the phaser lance to see if they tweaked the accuracy any? Or the Kara's plasma lance (which is what I'm interested in...)
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    subzer0d1videsubzer0d1vide Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    Great ship! But right now it WON'T load the Nullifier - gotta be a gitch, it says "Class requirements not met."
    --

"The higher the fewer."
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Great ship! But right now it WON'T load the Nullifier - gotta be a gitch, it says "Class requirements not met."
    Already getting fixed. Dev posted about it in this link.
    arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1205182/the-new-yamato-cant-use-the-andromeda-console
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    ndragon wrote: »
    Another question that crossed my mind is: Does the Mastery Trait work on weapons with [over] proc or "only" on the Overload I-III Boff skills ?

Good question.

Oh BTW, the 2-piece on the Kara adds 3 turn rating and 3% defence in case anyone's wondering.

• Options
    anjc#8825 anjc Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    I have always been a junkie for the galaxy-x, but i wish cryptic would bring back the $5 USD option, i have tons of 25USD visa gift cards and i cannot stand just spending 20 and
    We’re excited to reveal the stats, items, and abilities for three new Tier 6 starships: the Yamato Class Dreadnought Cruiser, the Kolasi Siege Destroyer and the Kara Advanced Warbird.

You can check out the stats for the Yamato Class Dreadnought here.

You can check out the stats for the Kolasi Siege Destroyer here.

You can check out the stats for the Kara Advanced Warbird here.

~LaughingTrendy

I have always been a junkie for the galaxy-x, but i wish cryptic would bring back the $5 USD option, i have tons of 25USD visa gift cards and i cannot stand just spending 20 and having 5 just sitting, I quoted you trendy because i want to see what you got to say....

Steam lets one buy $5 and there's a $5 option from the steam wallet to STO

i use Perfect World for STO, not steam, how can i get it to that account???
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,063 Arc User
    Perhaps the Federation Dreadnought would be more interesting if the boff layout worked something like the Dyson Science ships?

My thoughts would be that the LtC Tac & Cmdr Eng would switch to Cmdr Tac & LtC Eng when the saucer is separated.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    subzer0d1videsubzer0d1vide Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    svindal777 wrote: »
    Already getting fixed. Dev posted about it in this link.
    arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1205182/the-new-yamato-cant-use-the-andromeda-console

Thanksf or the info!
    --

"The higher the fewer."
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Just realized the T6 Dreadnaught has the same BOFF layout as the T6 Galaxy. Only difference is between a Science Console or a Tactical console. You would think that with specializations, there would be more of a variety in BOFF layouts, but given what I previously said in regards to a possible T6 Sovereign and now the T6 Galaxy, its not really much of a difference. Gives doubt why should people buy if it's like another.

In short, why should people buy the Tier 6 Galaxy when the Tier 6 Dreadnaught obviously a better buy?
    Post edited by azurianstar on
  • Options
    serhatgs1905serhatgs1905 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    I really really like how the T6 yamato looks.. it's a beautifull piece of art! kuddo's to the designer and those involved in getting that ship in to the store.. it's just....

Command... sigh... Command... dunno maybe it's a "team boosting" aspect as in having say 1 command ship player with add in 2 pilots 2 intell ships and you've got a strong and diverse team..but Intell just kills command in specialty from a single player point of view.

I'll get the ecplise instead of the Yamato even though I really like how the new T6 looks.
    ================================

But to sum it up.. it's not yet the shut up and take my money ship.
    this one would be the "I'm getting my money but I still need some convincing"

Stil waiting for this one ship:

Commander Tac:
    Lt. Commander tac/intel:
    Lt. Commander Engineering:
    Lt. Commander Science/intel:

--5 Front weapons 3
    --3 Rear
    Devices 3
    Eng. Console: 3
    Sci. Console: 3
    Tac. Console: 5

Cloak.

oh wait this could be the T6 Defiant!!

tactics? to pew pew or not to pew pew?!

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    (...)
    oh wait this could be the T6 Defiant!!

No, it can't, because you ignore the basic rules of ship layouts in favour of a pipe-dream "I win" ship.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    ....Intell just kills command in specialty from a single player point of view...

To each their own I guess. I'm mostly a single player and pilot is my preferred specialty. Actually, in the end, the specialty is just a bonus to whatever ship I choice to have that particular character fly and some don't even fill that slot with the specialty but rather with a base BOff (tac, sci, eng). Intel is actually my least favorite of the 3.
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Well, when all is said and done, this has clearly been a success for Cryptic - logged in this morning, outside ESD - Dreadnoughts absolutely everywhere.

T6 ones, though? I imagine a lot of people get their T5s out of drydock to check out the new exteriors. I did that.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Hm - good point. Didn't really check as such, although quite a few of them were using the Yamato skin or variations involving Yamato parts. Does the T5 model have access to that now?

At least not with the Andromeda. I think the Yamato-skin is bound to the Yamato purchase, not the Andomeda so I assume everyone sporting that skin has to have bought the T6.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif