test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Yamato Class Dreadnought Cruiser [T6] is here

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9584523-star-trek-online:-tier-6-dreadnoughts

Is this the most heavily anticipated ship launch in STO history or am I very biased (ok I am). Awesome Cryptic, can't wait to see the stats.

Comments

• trizeo1trizeo1 Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Greetings 07

I myself am VERY excited to see this come out and the remodel... bygod the remodel!

I'm trying to keep myself in check in regards to the boff layout as the last time they "revamped" the Gal X.. they slapped a hanger and called it a day.

I'm not one to max ships but more fly them for fun but I'd also like to see the Gal X Dreadnaught get the DREADAUGHT treatment so hopefully it somes with a Commander Tactical w/a Lt. uni or lt. Commander uni. That's just me tho but it would make me one happy Captain LOL.

I guess now just to wait for the stats and see what they come up with.

EDIT: Oh.. and for the LOVE OF ALL GOOD THINGS!... PLEASE.. PLEASE make the lance NOT MISS!... It didn't miss ANY of its shots on screen to why make it do that in game? I'm not asking for it to be the most OP thing ever but to wait 3 mins for it to charge and for it to miss?.. there is a small piece of me that dies everytime that happens... The lance on the Phantom.. or any other ship that I have doesn't miss so why make the Gal X's miss 90% of the time? (it may not be but it feels like it) Hopefully the graphics for it gets updated as well.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I don't remember anyone asking for a Galaxy-X in T6...

And why would they waste time with reworking the models for the others? I had the impressions people were more than satisfied with the current ships? It's a joke dummy... don't get all upset
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • hunteralpha84hunteralpha84 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    Umm "The second is the Kolasi Siege Destroyer [T6]"

I don't believe it! Now have higher hopes for some Orion T6 love!
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,267 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    One hangar bay does not do justice. Would be nice to have at least 2 hangar pets....come on Devs?dino1-4.gif

What's the enticement other than just copy/paste the former T5 model? Nacelles re-worked ok but what IMO looks same ship just re-brand "T6" and added a weak starship trait. dino1-2.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • kamuii2kamuii2 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Umm "The second is the Kolasi Siege Destroyer [T6]"

I don't believe it! Now have higher hopes for some Orion T6 love!

I agree. Or maybe a t6 Varanus might be in our future.
  • scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    I probably wont be buying any of these 3.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9584523-star-trek-online:-tier-6-dreadnoughts

Is this the most heavily anticipated ship launch in STO history or am I very biased (ok I am). Awesome Cryptic, can't wait to see the stats.

Well, we knew it was coming already.
    Looking at what we know at this time i don't see any real incentive to buy the T6 version of the Galaxy-X.

The universal console and trait are less than spectacular and the G-X already received an earlier update with a hangar.
    The T6 Gurumba is a whole different story though.

But maybe i will become a T6 Galaxy-X believer when the stats are posted later on, but for now i will stick to my classic T5-U​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    edited October 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    scarling wrote: »

Okay...... thanks for sharing.... I think. :|

Care to elaborate on why?

I bought the command cruisers and already see them as better fed dread. Waiting on scimi for roms and I already have a sheshar on my kdf dread user. Thus is why i wont bother to buy this pack. Not all of us have to go coo coo for cocoa puffs.
  • bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    That console definitely sounds like the new plasmodic leech.
    edited October 2015
    Well I already have a very strong build for both PvP and PvE on the Andromeda, but all the time I fly it I see that missing nacelle hehe, I just hope they don't cripple it with some crappy BOFF layout even though I find that highly unlikely, it's bound to have a LtCmd Tactical, I'd love a Cmd Tac but as a cruiser I can't see that happening. Still, this Thursday (I assume this is when it will be available) I for one will be a happy chap.

LtCmd tactical? It's more likely that it will get Lt tactical and LtCmd command/engineering, but time will tell.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    A new leech console?
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    The console is an activated console. Plasmonic is still better because it's a passive and is on all the time. This new console might work for 30 seconds but have a cooldown of 3 or 4 or 5 minutes. It's difficult to spare a console slot for something that is worthless 90% of the time.
    The console is an activated console. Plasmonic is still better because it's a passive and is on all the time. This new console might work for 30 seconds but have a cooldown of 3 or 4 or 5 minutes. It's difficult to spare a console slot for something that is worthless 90% of the time.

^
  • sdkraustsdkraust Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I already have my T6 Dreadnaught (Xindi Ateleth)

Doubt that any of these ships will be better.

Now if they could only fix the Cooldown Bug on the Olaen Console.
  • delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User

Additionally, it can only be equipped on certain ships. Leech is universally applicable.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    again, just more ships. for what purpose? i know why cryptic makes them, but why players still buy ships? don't tell me, that it is for helping the company!!!

well, enjoy your new ships :)
    questerius wrote: »
    Well I already have a very strong build for both PvP and PvE on the Andromeda, but all the time I fly it I see that missing nacelle hehe, I just hope they don't cripple it with some crappy BOFF layout even though I find that highly unlikely, it's bound to have a LtCmd Tactical, I'd love a Cmd Tac but as a cruiser I can't see that happening. Still, this Thursday (I assume this is when it will be available) I for one will be a happy chap.

LtCmd tactical? It's more likely that it will get Lt tactical and LtCmd command/engineering, but time will tell.

Naw that wouldn't make any sense, the Andromeda has a LtCmd Tac so they would hardly give it a less offensive setup now would they.

They've pulled that stunt with the galaxy-x before so don't be surprised if they pull it again.​​
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    storules wrote: »
    One hangar bay does not do justice. Would be nice to have at least 2 hangar pets....come on Devs?dino1-4.gif

What's the enticement other than just copy/paste the former T5 model? Nacelles re-worked ok but what IMO looks same ship just re-brand "T6" and added a weak starship trait. dino1-2.gif​​

Because two hangar bays are reserved for ships designated as full carriers.
    It's also more than likely going to have a slightly modified BOff/console layout, and have a Specialization seat attached to it. All T6 ships have Specialization seats, which is the major difference between them and a simple T5-U ship.

While the new Yamato class is a welcome addition, I'm more pleased at seeing the upgraded versions of the Guramba and Haakona.

And the extra tailor options for the Exploration Cruisers is a nice tough. I wonder if the refit nacelles only come in Galaxy style, or if the various other nacelle options will also have a Refit version (doubtful, but who knows).
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    It looks really sweet. Even the costume parts addition. Now I must shake my fist at cryptic and go "Where the spock is my T6 Vesta?!" But seriously, it's gorgeously designed. I might get one.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • shar487ashar487a Member Posts: 1,292 Arc User
    I was hoping that Cryptic would create a dedicated "dreadnought lance" weapon that takes up a forward weapon slot, fires a beam comparable to DBB-damage, but had built-in shield penetration -- just like the one portrayed in TNG's "All Good Things."

WTB more creativity...
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Wow, Venture nacelles for the Galaxy and Monarch skin plus a skin revamp for the Dreadnaught cruiser for free. I'm impressed pig-1.gif

Not enough for me to buy the T6 Dradnaught Cruiser, regardless of stats though. The T5U will do for the time being.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2015
    I love the whole revamp, now please remove the Celestial and Envoy from the game and burn them.

Edit: Keep the Envoy hull and Celestial neck and make them options for the Monarch (and maybe the Envoy nacelles if you're feeling generous).​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    Once again, "That Source" was right despite them pulling their page down a while ago, despite some people on these boards refusing to believe despite their past efforts showing what was to come. The T6 Galaxy-X / Guramba / Haakona was one of the last things they dug up and PRESTO! Here they are.

I predict the T6 Haakona will have a fabulous BOFF layout. The T5 version had good flexibility (unlike the Ar'kif which was a Flying False Choice). The T6 treatment for the Haakona with the addition of a Lance Weapon will make it a nice ship.

For reference, the T5 Fleet Haakona/Ha'apax.
    - Fleet T5U version is 5 ENG, 2 SCI, 4 TAC, a pretty nice console layout.
    - The BOFF layout will look better at T6. Wouldn't surprise me if Lt TAC -> LtCmdr TAC. The Lt SCI may become LtCmdr instead but due to the console alignment, I think TAC will get the increase, not SCI.

The T6 Galaxy-X? Essentially will be the same as the T6 Galaxy but with the difference in Console layout, Phaser Spinal Lance, Mastery Trait. Simply a more "TAC" version of the T6 Galaxy.

T6 Guramba? Like the T6 Haakona will see a lot of improvement. First and foremost, the Guramba *never* had a T5 Fleet version, only the C-Store that could be taken to T5U but not Fleet T5U. It never came with a console either so newer players that never got her aren't really missing out if they just go with the T6 version. I figure the T6 version will:
    - Lt ENG -> LtCmdr ENG
    - T5U Console Layout of 3 ENG, 2 SCI, 5 TAC will go 4 ENG, 2 SCI, 5 TAC. Again, it never had a Fleet version at T5 so the improvements are a big jump for the Goomba.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »

Okay...... thanks for sharing.... I think. :|

Care to elaborate on why?

I bought the command cruisers and already see them as better fed dread. Waiting on scimi for roms and I already have a sheshar on my kdf dread user. Thus is why i wont bother to buy this pack. Not all of us have to go coo coo for cocoa puffs.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2iel7z38Cc

• asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Hoping they give us a option to choose what the third necelle will be style- unlike wiht the older Gal-X that it was based on the hull you used what the third necelle was. I mean i think having the two primary necelles as venture style, while having the third necelle being in the monach style would be pretty good overall in appreance. Also hope that each saucer has a different look or detail on where the lance-emitter is for the phaser-lance.

Now i hope they will allow us to toggle between the normal firing mode of the lance weapon, and the phase spread mode that we have while it is saucer seperated mode. Could we hear from a Dev or such on weither we might see a revamp to how the hanger-pet an seperation parts (like saucer seperation, multi-vector mode, and such) will be handled an controled. It would go along way to buff u8sefulness an viability/survivability of the hanger an seperation parts if they could be more manually controled such as telling them where to go (this would be hard i am sure to do in a 3d setting like space), or when to use certain abilities on targets giving those that want to micromanage their pets more ability to an rewarding them for doing so well.
  • sdkraustsdkraust Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    again, just more ships. for what purpose? i know why cryptic makes them, but why players still buy ships? don't tell me, that it is for helping the company!!!

Once again, "That Source" was right despite them pulling their page down a while ago, despite some people on these boards refusing to believe despite their past efforts showing what was to come. The T6 Galaxy-X / Guramba / Haakona was one of the last things they dug up and PRESTO! Here they are.

Oh wow that site totally changed and the author is being backed by Cryptic. Looks like the guy sold out. Hard.

I wonder how much stuff Cryptic gave him to stop looking into things.
    sdkraust wrote: »

Oh wow that site totally changed and the author is being backed by Cryptic. Looks like the guy sold out. Hard.

I wonder how much stuff Cryptic gave him to stop looking into things.

One can wonder a lot in that regard :*
    XzRTofz.gif
  • zero2362zero2362 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    I would be happy if it had the andromedas boff seating and a more accurate lance
    343rguu.jpg

zero2362 wrote: »
    I would be happy if it had the andromedas boff seating and a more accurate lance

I typically see Gal-X users use the wide beam setting (ship separated) for the guaranteed AOE hits. But yes, single target fire had always been notoriously inaccurate. But I'm going on old info, not sure if anything has changed with the Phaser Lance.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    zero2362 wrote: »

I would suspect it has the exact same BOFF-layout but one more tac console instead of a sci one, making 5/2/4 Eng/Sci/Tac.

The T5 dreadnaught cruiser had the exact same layout as the explorer retrofit just minus one sci and plus one tac.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou