test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier 6 Dreadnoughts

Comments

• twofatnutstwofatnuts Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Buff uni ensign to lt commander and vioala back in top line ship nuff said.
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    potasssium wrote: »
    Gurumba 95% likely to jump on, new fighters, love Nausican destroyers, been waiting for this one.

Yamato, depending on Boff layout. I'll still be happy with my T5U Fleet G-X with new skins. Sop she really depends on the Boff seating.

Kara, couldn't care less about, nothing wrong with it, just not interested. Too in love with the ships I have, Morrigu, Pilot Ships, Vet Ships, Faeht, T5U Scimitar, T5U Harpia, T5U T'Varo. Just not interested in the dread. But if the Boff selection is good enough to warrant the purchase of the G-X I guess I'll get it for free in the 3pk. Otherwise I'll wait for the T6 T'Varo.

But yes Garumba, you may be my next precious.

Gurumba: agreed.

Yamato: At first glance i don't see too many bonuses over the T5-U. but i will reserve judgement for when the stats and bridge layout is revealed. It must be absolutely awe inspiring for me to consider a purchase though since i like my T-5U​​

The Andromeda got a more tactical BOFF layout, so I am betting the Yamato does as well. All it needs is the Lt. tac increased to a LtCmdr after all.
  • l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Wow you lot crack me up :D
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    jaturnley wrote: »
    potasssium wrote: »
    Gurumba 95% likely to jump on, new fighters, love Nausican destroyers, been waiting for this one.

Yamato, depending on Boff layout. I'll still be happy with my T5U Fleet G-X with new skins. Sop she really depends on the Boff seating.

Kara, couldn't care less about, nothing wrong with it, just not interested. Too in love with the ships I have, Morrigu, Pilot Ships, Vet Ships, Faeht, T5U Scimitar, T5U Harpia, T5U T'Varo. Just not interested in the dread. But if the Boff selection is good enough to warrant the purchase of the G-X I guess I'll get it for free in the 3pk. Otherwise I'll wait for the T6 T'Varo.

But yes Garumba, you may be my next precious.

Gurumba: agreed.

Yamato: At first glance i don't see too many bonuses over the T5-U. but i will reserve judgement for when the stats and bridge layout is revealed. It must be absolutely awe inspiring for me to consider a purchase though since i like my T-5U

The Andromeda got a more tactical BOFF layout, so I am betting the Yamato does as well. All it needs is the Lt. tac increased to a LtCmdr after all.

I remember the headache from the last time the big X got a refit when everyone was expecting more tactical.
    Heavy on engineering and light on tactical is still the most likely outcome.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    I seriously hope they've reworked the BOFF layout of the Gal-X, the previous version was seriously short on Tac slots. As long as they at least have 5 forward guns/5 tac slots (ideally both)! I won't hold my breath on that one though...
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    The T6 Galaxy-X really needs to have an embedded cloaking device added. There isn't enough room to put all the consoles together on that ship to make it viable against the NPCs.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    They all look rather nice. Though I've never found the Gal-X to be as powerful as it should be sadly, maybe this one will be better but only time will tell. ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • danielhunter1991danielhunter1991 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    My Romulan character is going to be happy, hope there's going to be a T6 Odyssey and Bortas coming soon for my Federation and Klingon characters. Nice job guys.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    velqua wrote: »
    The T6 Galaxy-X really needs to have an embedded cloaking device added. There isn't enough room to put all the consoles together on that ship to make it viable against the NPCs.

What they should do has have slots for universal consoles or even rework the uni consoles call them something else and have slots for them.

The cloak should be intigrated i dont even use mine on my Gal-X its just in the way of my other consoles so if it doesnt get intigrated i wont use it.
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    soo after Ive purchased every galaxy/dred... I wont even get a discount on this cash grab will I???
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I seriously hope they've reworked the BOFF layout of the Gal-X, the previous version was seriously short on Tac slots. As long as they at least have 5 forward guns/5 tac slots (ideally both)! I won't hold my breath on that one though...
    Those are unreasonable and illogical expectations. There is currently no Cruiser with 5 Tactical console slots, and the previous Federation Dreadnought Cruiser had a 4/4 setup. There is no precedent for a 5 Tac console Cruiser, nor precedent for a ship with rearranged weapon slots from its lower-tiered versions.

I can't even fathom why this was a wise thing for you to post.
    kintisho wrote: »
    soo after Ive purchased every galaxy/dred... I wont even get a discount on this cash grab will I???
    Is EVERYTHING put on sale "cash grabs" now?
  • dlmc85dlmc85 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    kintisho wrote: »
    Nope. Same as me but they deserve the cash, they worked a lot on the model of the Gal-X. They showed respect to the ship and they will get my Zens.(not immediatly, first i have to profit off the exchange rate, and my Ferengi lobes tell me the rate will go up A LOT, it already has began the rising :) )
    reyan01 wrote: »
    PLEASE, for the love of god, tell me that they've improved the lance's accuracy!!

But but that would make it useful...​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    PLEASE, for the love of god, tell me that they've improved the lance's accuracy!!

But but that would make it useful...​​
    So what?
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    danpmk wrote: »
    The Galaxy-X remaster is also gorgeous, and finally a Monarch skin!
    Indeed, this is a good move. Now if only they'd create/enable a Venture-style skin for the Nebula.

attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • thor74sgzthor74sgz Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Another T-5U ship(and all the $ and time spent on it) rendered OBSOLETE!
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    Also what will the 4th bridge station profession be... intel, command, or pilot? If intel, that would make this quite awesome... but much less so if at the expense of tactical.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    ak255 wrote: »
    Well you guys already screwed up the T6 Prometheus with horrible BOFF layout. Lets see if you learned your lesson when the stats come out tomorrow. If I don't see at LEAST a Lt. Commander Tac station...

Same here. No LtC tac post? NO DEAL!
    egad, another Gal dreadnaught hull.. and this is the ship that breaks the rules.. should have had 4 warp nacels..3 breaks the rules... Oh well, not my gripe.. other can carry that torch.. and its all CBS's fault anyway.

A Nasicaan ship!.. about damd time. SO do Nausicaans field any type of ship other then destroyers hulls? Talk about your one dimensional fleet make up. The Nausicaan, Orion, and Gorn have other ships types, but players have never had them as playable.

Roms get a new big gun.. Good news for the Rom players! I expect we might be seeing a few of them wandering about soon after they become available.

There are so many ships in the game right now that its getting a bit silly. And KDF still has that lack of lower tier FREE ships that are sci vessels.

((The arguments against them having them never made sense in the first place, its all BS. Make them, let the KDF players have their long overdue toys. It's not like the KDF players DON"T know what they want. It's all emo TRIBBLE anyway.))

The KDF players do know, and they've been asking for them for over half a decade now. We KDF science types don't want a sciencey carrier/battle cruiser/destroyer/raptor/raider(BOP)... we want a ship with a bloody secondary deflector, a true science ship so we can have those extra capabilities.. a Klingon ship, not an Gorn ship. Unless the Gorn are going to design and build one that meets KDF fleet specifications that is.. and of course a ship that both Gorn and Klingons would be proud to serve on! (Technically Gorn ships still belong to the gorn fleet. it is an "allied" fleet serving with the KDF. Everyone keeps seeming to forget this minor but important fact. Same with the Orions, and the Nausicaans.

Anyway, nice to see yet more new ships... These ships don't particularly interest me that much though I am glad to see the Nausicaan ship. I'd love for them to work on "modular" ship interiors some day soon though. Ships are the "Player Housing" of STO and there are some pretty serious inconsistencies... RR players don't have a "trophy/accolade" display.. one interior layout, and basicly one bridge. There are no Orion/Gorn/Nausicaan racial bridges.

And for the record, I like even less the ships that ONLY have a bridge... There are reason why Old Republic has about 10 times the players as STO even if its F2P system isn't anywhere near as forgiving as STO's.

I've always seen one of the big problems with STO was the game launched barely ready.. stable, but not complete. If they would have spent that very first year post launch FINISHING the bloody game and fleshing out the Klingon faction THEN, STO wouldn't have nearly the amount of issues its had to go through over the last 4 years.

Trek fans are an adult audience in the majority. They will put up with a very great deal, but in the end, you do have to deliver a quality product all around. Klingon play is never going to reach parity with the Fed faction as it was AT LAUNCH unless the studio make the effort to get it finally done. Its close, but this is not tossing hand grenades, artillery shells, WMD's, or horse shoes. Its called faction balance. You build in all you can, the rest is up to your players base. It really is an honor sort of thing.

Cryptic still hasn't done right by the Klingon faction players, and I will calling them on it untill they DO!

Khemarra sends

If the Galaxy dread has the option to remove the 3rd nacelle at the customizer, I'm more likely to get it.

I too am not happy about the lack of science ship for the KDF and Roms. I also reject out of hand the whole "Klingons are too stupid for science ships" bak'tag excuse. KLINGON STUPIDITY IS NOT CANON!!! That said, I'm not holding my breath that long for a Klingon science ship. 5 years running people have been chanting for a Klingon sci ship? I'd definitely have asphyxiated before then. :|
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Those are unreasonable and illogical expectations. There is currently no Cruiser with 5 Tactical console slots, and the previous Federation Dreadnought Cruiser had a 4/4 setup. There is no precedent for a 5 Tac console Cruiser, nor precedent for a ship with rearranged weapon slots from its lower-tiered versions.

I can't even fathom why this was a wise thing for you to post.
    There's no precedent for a 5/5 Federation cruiser. If the Romulans can get a dreadnought with 5/5 in the form of the Scimitar, it's extremely logical that the Federation counterpart should get at least one of those things. At the moment, if anything the so-called dreadnought is closer to the Haakona. What's unreasonable is simply rehashing the same ship while not bothering to remedy the shortcomings of the original.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    76eef891908736dc15331f58d17f38611444057387.png
    dancin.gifcheerpink.gifdancin.gifcheerpink.gifdancin.gifcheerpink.gifdancin.gifcheerpink.gifdancin.gifcheerpink.gifdancin.gifcheerpink.gifdancin.gifcheerpink.gifdancin.gifcheerpink.gifdancin.gifcheerpink.gifdancin.gif
    cheerpink.gifdancin.gifcheerpink.gifdancin.gifcheerpink.gifdancin.gifcheerpink.gifdancin.gifcheerpink.gifdancin.gifcheerpink.gifdancin.gifcheerpink.gifdancin.gifcheerpink.gifdancin.gifcheerpink.gifdancin.gifcheerpink.gif
    dancin.gifcheerpink.gifdancin.gifcheerpink.gifdancin.gifcheerpink.gifdancin.gifcheerpink.gifdancin.gifcheerpink.gifdancin.gifcheerpink.gifdancin.gifcheerpink.gifdancin.gifcheerpink.gifdancin.gifcheerpink.gifdancin.gif

So I know I'll be buying the Kolasi Siege Destroyer, but that leaves me with 2-for-1 on the Fed/Rom ships. The Starship Trait sounds nice, especially if it works with [Over]'s Beam Overload I, but I don't have the lower-tier versions and associated ships for extra console/set options and skins... so the Fed/Rom versions don't really send me. Hmmm... decloaking and unleashing the Kara's lance could be neat, though, and since that would put me at buying two I might as well get the pack. Then again, I also have the whole Command Cruiser Pack to work on. Decisions, decisions...

Like others, though, still looking for the missing Intel Ships and/or T6 Science Ships for the KDF and Roms. It's a bit of a letdown that two full Specializations later they still haven't managed to finish Intel, and even more so that an entire base Profession is unrepresented at T6 for two of the three factions.
    Post edited by breadandcircuses on
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
    kyrrok wrote: »
    I too am not happy about the lack of science ship for the KDF and Roms. I also reject out of hand the whole "Klingons are too stupid for science ships" bak'tag excuse. KLINGON STUPIDITY IS NOT CANON!!! That said, I'm not holding my breath that long for a Klingon science ship. 5 years running people have been chanting for a Klingon sci ship? I'd definitely have asphyxiated before then. :|

The Klingons do get a few science vessels, it's the Romulans that get screwed over in that regard- AFAIK they only get the Dyson destroyers as dedicated sci ships.
    orangeitis wrote: »

But but that would make it useful...
    So what?

A Galaxy variant with something useful? Blasphemy!!!​​
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User

The Klingons do get a few science vessels, it's the Romulans that get screwed over in that regard- AFAIK they only get the Dyson destroyers as dedicated sci ships.
    They have three: the Ha'Nom, the Temporal one (which barely counts as Romulan) and the Dyson.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    They also have the Ha'nom. Which is a pretty nice ship actually.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • subzer0d1videsubzer0d1vide Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    Thank you!
    --

"The higher the fewer."
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited October 2015

How does the Lance work with the Accuracy bonuses from the Accurate Trait, Nukara Particle Generator console, and (Improved) Predictive Algorithms Starship Trait?

(I haven't got the Gax-X, so I really am asking about your experience using these Accuracy enhancers. Also, I'm making an assumption based on the Starship Trait that the Lance is considered a "beam weapon" for purposes of the Nukara console.)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • albertwesker45albertwesker45 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    so the devron's name has been removed and the new name is the Yamato? and i was wondering how come the Excelsior didn't get a Remodel or was it fine as it is.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    so the devron's name has been removed and the new name is the Yamato? and i was wondering how come the Excelsior didn't get a Remodel or was it fine as it is.

What do you mean? The Devron is still the Galaxy-X (T5 Dreadnought), the Yamato is it's 'successor' as a T6-Dreadnought. And the Excelsior did get a remodel between the 2280's and 2290's (as seen on the Enterprise-B and Lakota as compared to the Excelsior) and in STO a T6 version as the Resolute Adv. Hvy. Cruiser.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    Meh, still disliking that 3rd nacelle, but if it can sub in a different nacelle and pylon from other variants, then at least it can be made more tolerable (just have to pretend it's a compact mission pod with engine). Still hoping the 3rd nacelle can be omitted entirely. But fortunately, since it's a bundle, I'll be buying it for the Romulan and KDF ships, rather than for the Yamato.
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    Reading the blog again, I think these will NOT have Intel seats. Here's my reasoning:
    All three of these Tier 6 starships come equipped with the Supplemental Subsystems universal console. Activating this console substantially increases your starship’s maximum subsystem power levels for a short time. While active, incoming energy weapon attacks damage the attacker, and leech a small amount of the attacker’s subsystem power back to you. Additionally, you gain a Subsystem Overload Counter each time you are hit with an energy attack. After obtaining 20 counters you emit a devastating pulse of electrical energy which deals heavy damage to nearby enemies. Affected enemies have all of their subsystems knocked offline for a brief period.

This console provides a passive bonus to all subsystem power levels.

With this console slotted and having OSS (if it were an Intel ship) makes this a pretty awesome ship (assuming the T6 galaxy Boff layout) and I don't think Cryptic will let me have this ship as an awesome ship. So I think it'll be yet again a command ship. Of course, it can use a cloak like the Intel ships and the Arbiter (also has intel seats), so I HOPE it's Intel seating. Not waiting patiently for tomorrow's blog.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.