test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Design Your Ship Round 2 [Gamma VS Delta]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited September 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Now's your chance to vote on which design you prefer! Your votes will determine what ship is built in a single-elimination voting tournament. As the tournament progresses, we will continue to update the designs with more detail!

Our next round up is the Gamma and Delta designs! Which one do you prefer Captains? Let us know in the forums, Facebook, and Twitter.

Post edited by pwlaughingtrendy on

Design Your Ship Round 2 [Gamma VS Delta] 2910 votes

#TeamGamma
66%
deathfish01primar13tls1970colinus#1809umaekocoolian106rhandofgaudgardatbalaan44jarda9johnk85sargorethbillmsd1nalfyrboweninugamicomrademocorealrebelusyoseph20ikonn#1068comkiller007 1949 votes
#TeamDelta
33%
nightkens0mb3rtrickypingu#9526sardacekirimuffininisfatuslan451leosg1anarisacpthardcoverglassguitarintrinsicalburstdragon323uhdonatostrek2012wininoidacylionzeethyoceansongminna118 961 votes

Comments

• starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    #TeamDelta
    Actually I want to split my vote. I like Delta's engines but Beta's saucer.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • ynrocjdynrocjd Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    #TeamGamma
    Because Delta has got the ugliest saucer I've ever seen
    ...so far
  • caleb143caleb143 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    #TeamGamma
    I was torn. I prefer delta's profile, but gamma's top down
    tumblr_o0xkrlVud21uuxsqjo1_1280.png
  • karr007karr007 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    #TeamDelta
    From these two - Delta. Looks more massive than Gamma. Also it has something like Nebula mission pod - that kinda resembles giant sensor/com array for better fighters management and battlefield information gathering.
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    #TeamGamma
    This is probably my least favorite grouping... I'd pick Alpha over both ships.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    #TeamGamma
    I don't like either of them, but Gamma is less fugly.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    #TeamGamma
    Going Gamma because wow that is a fat saucer on Delta in the side view, looks ungainly.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • azurealli4nceazurealli4nce Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I look forward to Alpha whipping both of these unimpressive designs.

EDIT: For realz, I couldn't be bothered to vote for either one. Neither deserves the effort it would take for me to push the "Vote" button.
    DPS-Bronze, DPS-Silver, DPS-Gold, etc. are FAKE! They were created by an outvoted minority who destroyed the original DPS channels!

Tactical Team sucked, once upon a time. I got it buffed. Don't think for a minute that Cryptic ignores forum feedback.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    #TeamDelta
    Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta DeltaDelta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta #TeamDelta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta.

Everybody voting differently smells funky and needn't speak to me for the remainder of the day.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited September 2015
    #TeamDelta
    Going Gamma because wow that is a fat saucer on Delta in the side view, looks ungainly.

"We need big carriers who can carry frigates!" - "Meh, Delta's saucer is too big"

Seriously...​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    #TeamGamma
    Gamma, although Delta has nicer nacelles.​​
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    #TeamGamma
    angrytarg wrote: »

"We need big carriers who can carry frigates!" - "Meh, Delta's saucer is too big"

Seriously...​​

I think there are other designs we haven't voted on yet that manage to look imposing and bulky without looking ugly. Theta in particular might fit the bill.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    #TeamDelta
    Delta, cause it's the only option with a round saucer.
    #TeamDelta
    swamarian wrote: »
    Delta, cause it's the only option with a round saucer.

Thank you. One of the few sensible opinions in this forum pig-1.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    #TeamGamma
    Gamma
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    #TeamDelta
    flying saucer
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • martakurillmartakurill Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    #TeamDelta
    Gotta admit though, I'll be disappointed if either of these win. Go #TeamOmega!
  • berahtberaht Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    None of the designs in this contest look particularly imaginative to me.
    6e5OTnq.png
  • mrlemoncherrymrlemoncherry Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    #TeamGamma
    I agree with guljarol, the Gamma but with the Delta's nacelles.
    #TeamDelta
    flying saucer

pig-42.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    #TeamGamma
    Mirror Spock says you most vote even if you don't like either choices​​
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • cardnal76cardnal76 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    #TeamGamma
    I voted gamma but actually I like Delta saucer with Gamma nacelles
  • sgoneillsgoneill Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    #TeamDelta
    angrytarg wrote: »
    flying saucer

pig-42.gif​​

#TeamDelta

Though it could lose the bump at the front of the saucer.
    #TeamDelta
    sgoneill wrote: »
    #TeamDelta

Though it could lose the bump at the front of the saucer.

Sure, it isn't perfect. I am personally against the whole carrier thing. But if any, Delta is our only choice for round things. And round things are good.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • thebarranizerthebarranizer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I vote for Gamma, though Delta is cooler on the bottom bit..
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    #TeamGamma
    I would've chosen to combine Delta's saucer with Gamma's nacelles if it were possible...
  • ladytiamat666ladytiamat666 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    #TeamDelta
    Delta (better side view, pod).
    signature%201.jpg_zpsklpuyd7v.png
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    #TeamDelta
    Delta is the best ship ever and the players love it.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • thavirathavira Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    #teamgamma because reasons...