test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Design Your Ship Round 2 [Gamma VS Delta]

Comments

• fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    #TeamDelta
    I just picked the lowest rated one, there all fugly, not one nice ship amongst them all.
  • sdkraustsdkraust Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    #TeamGamma
    Gamma with the top and bottom pylons switched.
  • alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    #TeamGamma
    Again an hard match between two ugly choices, like all of this contest. Hope that neither one of these two wins.

Gamma seems a bit more trek even compared with a round saucer, that shows how much the Delta saucer sucks.

Seriously guys you put up far better designs, where did you take these things?
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    #TeamGamma
    Gamma, but I do like the pod on top of Delta. Can we have one of those?
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    #TeamDelta
    Delta's top down oddly reminded me of the Enterprise-J, so I voted for that.

Used to be Gamma but I changed my mind :P
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Neither, so I abstain from the voting.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    #TeamGamma
    Gamma, it's like Omega but not as nice.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,823 Arc User
    #TeamDelta
    karr007 wrote: »
    From these two - Delta. Looks more massive than Gamma. Also it has something like Nebula mission pod - that kinda resembles giant sensor/com array for better fighters management and battlefield information gathering.

Yeah...is one of many reasons Alpha is my favorite of all.
  • namreefnamreef Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    #TeamDelta
    karr007 wrote: »
    From these two - Delta. Looks more massive than Gamma. Also it has something like Nebula mission pod - that kinda resembles giant sensor/com array for better fighters management and battlefield information gathering.

I had a similar thought about the overall look and dorsal mission pod.
  • maolanmaolan Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    #TeamGamma
    I chose Gamma - even though it looks a lot like the Akira class, the design seems well-balanced, unlike Delta.
  • aiden089aiden089 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    #TeamDelta
    Prefere the body and Nacelles of delta more than the saucer
    Nedya.png
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    #TeamDelta
    I went with Delta
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    #TeamGamma
    I voted for the Gamma, Delta would have got my vote if they had moved the engineering section down and back a bit rather than spiking it right through the middle of the saucer.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • eighrichteeighrichte Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    #TeamDelta
    Delta, no question. It's the best design of the eight. The huge, round saucer is efficient for the massive volume required of a carrier. The design would scale up well to the necessary size. The nacelles follow the line-of-sight rules (nacelles work in pairs, and the members of a pair must have line of sight to each other) — many ships now ignore these rules, but I like a design that follows them.

And I very much like that the design looks forward, hinting at the eventual design elements of the Universe class.

Out of the eight, this is the only one I would create a new character for and spend money on.
  • maolanmaolan Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    #TeamGamma
    Gotta admit though, I'll be disappointed if either of these win. Go #TeamOmega!

Go #TeamOmega ?

roflbot.jpg

:D
  • mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • caitiff00caitiff00 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Gamma.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    #TeamGamma
    <prediction>When all is said and done, will not surprise me when the new ship has all 8 skins.</prediction>​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • crazytank1crazytank1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    #TeamDelta
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Going Gamma because wow that is a fat saucer on Delta in the side view, looks ungainly.

"We need big carriers who can carry frigates!" - "Meh, Delta's saucer is too big"

Seriously...​​

Yeah, I think people are forgetting that these are supposed to be carriers, not new cruisers. Same reason everyone voted against Beta I think.
  • bfelczerbfelczer Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    #TeamNeither
  • eighrichteeighrichte Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    #TeamDelta
    The Delta saucer looks too much like the Enterprise-J which bothers me for two reasons:

1) That is what 5 or 6 centuries away still? It seems a little soon to be incorporating design ideas to be used in the 31st century.

2) The Enterprise should be the ship that other vessels take design elements from, not the other way around.

1) Enterprise-J was a 26th century design.

2) The Delta saucer looks to me like an early precursor of the huge saucer with a "spine" replacing the engineering hull that we saw on the J. In short, I think the designer has successfully conveyed the idea that the J saucer design is descended from this design,
  • birdwar552birdwar552 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    #TeamGamma
    Gamma, just think it looks a bit better. Would be satisfied with either really. The project does say more detail will be added as time goes on.

darn ... beta lost already? Sad ... whatever
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    #TeamGamma
    The Delta looks like a Belgian Waffle maker with warp engines.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • kelshandokelshando Member Posts: 887 Arc User
    #TeamGamma
    They need to make the side profile stand out more.. most people are voting do to the top down view not the side view I think.
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    #TeamGamma
    Alpha, Gamma, Epsilon, and Omega. Though I hope Omega wins, since it reminds me the most of the Jupiter. Hopefully it will be just as big.
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    #TeamGamma
    This one was a tough choice. I prefer Delta's secondary hull and mission pod but it's saucer is just hideous. I like Gamma's saucer and nacelle configuration, but it's secondary hull is... non-existent. In the end, Gamma is the least of two uglies, so it gets my vote.

They should have done this matchups with Delta v Sigma and Gamma V Omega. Because that's going to be the next hard one for me. I like both Sigma and Gamma and dislike both Gamma and Delta. Next round will be easy, I don't like anything about Theta.
  • lieutenantusherlieutenantusher Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    #TeamGamma
    Gamma has my favorite nacels, delta is just meh all round. I'd be happy with alpha, gamma, or sigma tbh.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    #TeamDelta
    Delta, because it has a round saucer and a very unique look from several angles.
    The Gamma, to be honest, has too much similarities to at least 3 of the other designs offered that will probably make it to the next round, so it would be more of the same.
    HQroeLu.jpg