test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Operational Support Team: Now Recruiting!

Comments

• rogue6800rogue6800 Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    Count me in. I would be very happy to support the game on top of my ZEN purchases. I think it is a great initiative to fix those bugs ready for a great turnaround in Season 11. It really is going to be a new dawn. As a hobbyist programmer I can understand the monumental task maintaining such a complex system as STO.
  • dragonepochdragonepoch Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Please sign me up. I was at the Twich feed that was aired on this topic with trendy, Please give us a BIG how to on reporting bugs and such. An informed Bug Hunter is a good bug hunter! I am the Random Queen. I fly all over looking for new Missions and worlds to explore. I want to help the game stay on top. and help our fellow gamers love and stay in the game. To many negative things being said about the Game. Lets Find and fix the issues they are having!

HUGS , live long and Bug hunt!
  • teedzgamingteedzgaming Member Posts: 1 New User
    I would love to join the team, i play the game multiple hours per day, and have been known to brake stuff multiple times.
  • warwolf108warwolf108 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    i don't know how much time I can give to this, but I am willing to help the game improve and "upgrade its quality"

How many tech points does the game need to upgrade from Good to Epic???
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    where do I sign up for this? Been here for five years, lets get this ball rolling the right direction.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • nightowl2002nightowl2002 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I would be willing to participate. I have experience in QA, so I know who/what/when/where is important to note, as well as being able to reproduce the bug being reported. I have been playing since just before Season 6. Whether I am chosen or not, it would be good to know where to report bugs encountered on Holodeck and Tribble, so they may be noticed and acted upon, especially with the new format of the forums.

• russellcarussellca Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Happy to help if as a community (Cryptic, OST, wider playerbase) we get better feedback on bug resolution. A few more 'known issue' acknowledgements, even if admitting that the actual priority for fixing is very low, would probably offset a lot of the duplicate reports & complaints in the forums.

SIL 2 Software Systems Integrator by day. Including support to individual 3rd party component functional alpha testing, closed beta (single component or integrated baselines - the latter essentially a proto-gamma before aligned Release Candidates delivery) and final acceptance testing. Familiar with: issue tracking; observation reporting and bug sentencing to varied reporting standards in HP Quality Center or Mozilla's Bugzilla (depending on which company is the project's assigned prime - be it in-house, contracted client or end-user/customer).
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    I'd like to help, I often find bugs in old missions, I found two just yesterday in Surface Tension, and it would be nice to know that if I join at least someone will notice my report :P
    Also, all these people volunteering and expecting it to be really complex stuff, I would find it funny if Crytpic is expecting much simpler reports than what everyone here seems to think.
  • sittannsittann Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I would like to offer some of my time. I have been a player since last year and do have experience in beta testing past games. I am a full time programmer.
  • amandasarloamandasarlo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I would love to be part of helping the community create a more secure and enjoyable experience for STO by assisting with bug reports, recreating and testing and so forth.
  • enterprisenx3enterprisenx3 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Sure, I'm interested in joining
  • pwefailpwefail Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    Sign me up.
    The player formerly known as Chunter.
  • sezmosissezmosis Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Hi, I go by Sezmo, or Sezmosis. I just wanted to drop a little comment to express my interest in helping to find bugs in STO. I do have a background in technology, and I have experience with beta testing. I also have (if it matters) a very powerful computer, plenty of time on my hands, and I am very good at replicating bugs. As an example there was (or maybe still) a bug in the game DC Universe Online. I found the bug: when you turned on the character outline option, it would cause the background to have a fixed point, and when a person would move the camera the fixed point would blur and sort of overwrite the background. A very annoying bug, and one that I replicated and reported. The people over at SOE (now daybreak) never did respond to my bug report but I did make a youtube video about it. At any rate, that is some of the experience and skills that I can bring to the team. Thank You.
  • x3of9x3of9 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    U.S.S. Marathon - NX-92781
  • markus1566markus1566 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Ohhh what a nice offer! I sure am interested in joining that Team. Sign me up please.

I am very active in Tribble testing and enjoy playing STO.
    One Last thing: I would ba a pleasure to work alongside the Devs squashing Bugs.
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    I'm in.

That said, I've discovered MANY bug on the Holodeck and reported all of them over the years that I've been playing STO (since well before the game went F2P) ... only about 10-25 percent of the bugs I've reported (via in-game GM support tickets and via the forums) have ever been fixed.

I'd feel more optimistic about the new "operational support team" if a higher percentage of the bugs I've previously reported had been fixed.

On the topic of bugs, the new expensive Science Dreadnought has a bug with its "warp out" animation when leaving a system/map; the visuals of the ship don't sync with the audio of the "warp out" sound effect and the ship visuals momentarily change to the default appearance (so if players have customized the ship at the ship tailor the ship doesn't look right for a second as it's leaving a map).
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    Sign me up. I play quite often and love to report bugs.
    What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
  • drdave2drdave2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I too would love to help. I love STO and am willing and able!
  • cyberman42cyberman42 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Is there an official form to apply through, or is just saying, "I am interested." enough?

"I am interested."
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Enh.. I kinda do this already. :p so yeah, I'm in.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • aiden089aiden089 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I would be interested in voluteering.
    Nedya.png
  • zckmanzckman Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I have about 3 simple questions. :)
    1) How much experience are you looking for (With the Star Trek Online game and with coding/programming etc)
    2) Minimum age?
    3) Is there a specific amount of hours to be put in to this or just a "When needed" type of job?
    Thanks! I really like the idea of this, getting players involved can really improve the game in more ways then just debugging I believe.
  • cers001cers001 Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I'll do it
    CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterprise - A ship so badass it survived John McCain.
  • jdhaynesjdhaynes Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    more than willing to help. If I can be of service let me know.
  • mastertexanmastertexan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Def interested. Have two degrees in computer science
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    Very, very good. I appreciate this program. Loadouts, AWOL boffs, boff skills... yeah die bugs!
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • captmasoncaptmason Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I am always interested in Bug Testing.

I have taken part in the bug testing of every season that I have been able to since STO became F2P.

I do have past experience with testing and reporting in the past.

My only question is if there an official application that needs to be filled out, or are we simply supposed to post our interest here?
    Post edited by captmason on
    Executive Officer of the 1279th Imperial Assault Command
    Fleet Admiral Mason
  • spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    If I can be of assistance, I'm happy to help.
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
  • onehappytapewormonehappytapeworm Member Posts: 106 Bug Hunter
    I would be happy to help.