What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 10.5 Is Now Live!

1141516171820»

Comments

• Options
    burninglogburninglog Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Last time it went down for a while they gave us presents, I wonder if we'll get something nice this time around? Thanks for looking into it right away guys, I'm sure you'll be putting in some overtime.
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    i was irked for a while, but i have just won a nice wee graphics card via a competition to celebrate reaching 10,000 members in the elite dangerous group im in.. happy days.. and it will work just as well for sto as it will for elite :) ​​
    Post edited by qziqza on
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Oh man, the game may be up, but the lag, THE LAG!

Rubber-banding in sector space and on the ground, SNR's when trying to zone...

I know there are some problems to work out still and the servers are being hit by "everyone" in a short amount of time so I can forgive this. But there is no way I'm playing tonight, so I'll keep my fingers crossed things get worked out overnight.

Probably another patch and downtime tomorrow morning but if it fixes this, I'll live with it.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    As I said in a previous post, horrible lag and rubberbanding is what I get even when there aren't unexpected bugs in the updates that cause unexpected downtime.

Therefore I usually don't try to play on patch day.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    Oh its finally back up and running again?

A shame its too late for me to play as its gone 12:20 am here in the UK and I have to go to bed now.
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,762 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    hawku001x wrote: »
    Looking forward to this. Will be on tonight. :)

You're an optimistic one, ain't ya? :p

Yep, and it came true.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
      Resolved an issue where Odyssey Badge 1was not always available.

Nope, still missing... and the Vaadwaur belts went missing from off-duty slots. >_>
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    So we finally get to fight an Iconian in this Iconian War. Yay?

Mission would have been a lot more fun if you didn't take away my Weapon Synergy Starship Trait. Just throwing that out there.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    iconians wrote: »

Mission would have been a lot more fun if you didn't take away my Weapon Synergy Starship Trait. Just throwing that out there.

I noticed that, too. Superweapon Ingenuity is missing, too.

This update has been a colossal ____ up.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    sov42 wrote: »

I noticed that, too. Superweapon Ingenuity is missing, too.

This update has been a colossal ____ up.

A helpful picture of what unlocking a Starship Mastery trait might look like in Season 10.5

TTjilAu.jpg
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options

A helpful picture of what unlocking a Starship Mastery trait might look like in Season 10.5

TTjilAu.jpg

Yup, that's what "Weapon Synergy" looks like for me. Strangely, Superweapon Ingenuity has its icon, but is missing from the trait list.
  • Options
    crosis2014crosis2014 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I wonder if you will EVER, launch a new season, or content without three days worth of patching. If I performed my job the way you 'Developers' do, I would have been promoted to customer years ago. Stop with the cash grab and stabilize the darn game. Waiting 4 minutes now to launch Featured Episode. Grade school level programming folks.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    And, I'm still rubberbanding like mad. It is kinda cool to take my hands off the keyboard, and watch my ship twitch like mad.
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    I am wondering where the long nails options is myself. Some people are reporting it is there, but my girls cannot seem to use it.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    siriusmoonloresiriusmoonlore Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Very disappointed , Risa I thought was to be extended into Saturday because of yesterday's problem , yet no more Hunt or Dance
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    mattaol wrote: »
    everyone if you were checking the twitter feed you would know if it was being tested and it is

The problem with your statement is that: We should not have to go hunting down dev announcements on any other website besides THIS ONE.

People come to the OFFICIAL Star Trek Online Game Forum and Website to find out current information on The Game.

Not Twitter.

Not Facebook.

NOT!

Someone has missed the bus on this one, and expects us to come around for another trip. Double You Tee Eff Yo! Sheeet!!!!!!!​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    I wish there was some way to convey to the people at both Cryptic and PWE the reasons why 10.5 other than a new story doesn't make the cut when it comes to playing a mmorpg. We all have been saying it with the grindfests of the gear grind treadmill that just eventually brings people to despise the game its like the game has no foundation if you are playing just to lose what you have over and over again.

Then the queues are failing because of one important reason other than grind. The elements of an mmorpg where you have to think of what you are going to do when you login need to be wide spread. So in comparison you have these mimic dungeons that were focused on but left pvp, world content(raids/hordes etc), and exploration out of the mix. So the lockbox aspect of the business model pvp has been ignored mostly on that basis because there is no way for them to continue doing lockboxes and such and maintain a balanced structured pvp. So in comparison to world content and exploration you have sector space and adventure zones but work great on a mindcraft or sims level of gaming. All these aspects do in the game is make it feel like you are a box going down a conveyor belt being dumped down a shute to be delivered somewhere. So in that regard imo they really need to expand the game and work toward designing something that makes the game feel like you are in a star trek universe and not the assembly line.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    wraitheks wrote: »
    To all the peeps that want stuffs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzr12gBrXA8

She's pretty strong, flipping an egg made of solid gold that size in the air!
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    bannon3 wrote: »
    seasoned sto players complaining about downtime surrounding a new update.... might as well complain that fire's hot

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seasoned STO players don't need to worry about fire because we have already evaporated.

Personally though that risa event was so not interesting to me I didn't even bother going to risa lol. All I did was log in each time a new story episode came out and log out and not come back until the next one comes since I've quit the enabling of the gear grind treadmill where the decision or vision for this game is to do what every other clone mmorpg does raise level and make gear and such obsolete to grind back up to your previous mark in the meta.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    So far the Fed Fleet and KDF Fleet I'm in. Hadn't used the feature. But there isn't much activity in those fleets anymore. I forgot to check the Romulan Fleet I'm in.

I hope to get a cool uniform from them. I like the Krenim uniform.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    arthour07arthour07 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    ::Doesn't log into STO since hitting level 53. Gets new laptop. Sees new Season 10.5, reinstalls on new laptop. Goes to play, hits "Iconian War" loading screen. Display Driver crashes.::

-_- Didn't we deal with this already?
    I like shooting tings in mah flyfly space boat <3
  • Options
    HEY CRYPTIC, FIX THE SERVERS! EVERYONE IS GETTING BOOTED EVERY FEW MINUTES, TONIGHT!
  • Options
    arthour07arthour07 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    I still can't get past the Iconian wars loading screen v.v Maybe it's my laptop, but I just can't see how it would be, since it's newer than my old one and BOTH have intergrated graphics cards and the game worked just fine on my old one, which is currently broken.....
    I like shooting tings in mah flyfly space boat <3