What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 10.5 Is Now Live!

Comments

• devilzaphandevilzaphan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    pingahead wrote: »
    Every major Patch this happens.
    Why do you act surprised?
    You really didn't think you would get to play today, did you?

There was hope?
    Romulan sexy time
    romulancommander1.jpg

• deadbrkwarriordeadbrkwarrior Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    it is illogical to hope for conquering the inevitable
  • paulno1paulno1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Another 2hrs feck it
    Entrusted to protect all Planet's in the Federation
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Wow it still isn't up.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • solarwanderersolarwanderer Member Posts: 4 Arc User

"Whoever said human beings were logical?" - Carol Markus
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 980 Arc User
    6PM EST and still down. So "Temporarily" means ????
    I have been waiting since 1230pm central time 5 here now

So you, guys, still have the whole evening ;) Over here, it's 11:20 PM. :sleeping: ​​
  • comrademoofcomrademoof Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    My complaints for the day:

Fire is hot
    my bird poops too much
    my plasma conduits need scrubbing
    Cher is old
    10.5 was DOA
    10.5 has been dead for over six hours

I blame Obama.
  • gdeemergdeemer Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I am not a technical person, I do not understand the inner-workings of games/programs and can't attest to how to do it correctly. BUT ... I would think that Tribble and other testing (and presumed education) would make these repeated bad patches rare.
    ========================
    Deemer
    Fleet Admiral
    Mechanized Dragons
    ========================
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    found out sto was down for emergency maintenance around 1 so i put an operating system on a flash drive, updated the os, and took a walk to find a couple of bottle caps for my bottle cap project and sto still hasn't come back up yet

"Whoever said human beings were logical?" - Carol Markus

excuse me let me rephrase.. it is common sense to not hope for conquering the inevitable
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    We've isolated the issue and have a fix that appears functional on tribble. We're doing more checks, but hope to push it out within the hour.
  • kawasakizx10rrkawasakizx10rr Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Salami_Inferno (STO) ‏@Salami_Inferno 4 mins4 minutes ago
    @trekonlinegame We've isolated the issue and have a fix that appears functional on tribble. We should be up Soon™.
    Just pray the coders are on hourly pay not salary, if so logic would say it will be up before the hour.
    yEt6JSa.gifMEANWHILE AT THE CRYPTIC HEADQUARTERS
    the test worked on tribble will be up soon.. via twitter
  • devilzaphandevilzaphan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Finally Trendy cracked the whip.
    Romulan sexy time
    romulancommander1.jpg

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    Thank you, Trendy :)
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    oh make it so make it so
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    I don't need an excuse to use the whip.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    snakeswar2 wrote: »
    found out sto was down for emergency maintenance around 1 so i put an operating system on a flash drive, updated the os, and took a walk to find a couple of bottle caps for my bottle cap project and sto still hasn't come back up yet
    Which clearly shows you've gone back in time. Emergency maintenance like this usually only takes a couple hours. It lasting 6 (so far) can only mean that we've repeated the same downtime cycle three times (so far) in the course of one relativistic day. Unfortunately since this seems to be affecting everything outside of cryptic its not like when this is over we'll have that time back.

Should have seen this coming with a TEMPORAL SCIENCE LAB fleet holding. :P
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    gdeemer wrote: »
    I am not a technical person, I do not understand the inner-workings of games/programs and can't attest to how to do it correctly. BUT ... I would think that Tribble and other testing (and presumed education) would make these repeated bad patches rare.

That's supposing Tribble ran on the same exact hardware specs as Holodeck. Holodeck has over 5 years of patches and server upgrades that Tribble doesn't get.

It's the main reason these things happen. Cryptic ballparks it with Tribble, but there will always be a margin of error in which they simply do not see a major gamebreaking issue because of the difference between Tribble and Holodeck.

And as the years go on, we will see more and more of these issues as the differences between Holodeck and Tribble get bigger and bigger from the back-end of things.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • ishapza1ishapza1 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    So, 1st a 1gb patch for the shiny new 10.5 additions, then a further 500mb patch for the supposed fix? This is utterly ridiculous, a mid-season update that keeps getting bigger and is still not working.
  • gasparulisesgasparulises Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    well, as I told you already be patience the service will be online in no time that will be long, long, long time to way until the hamster decide to star running the wheel again that will in maybe few more hours, or few minutes don't be surprise is online until the after tomorrow lolololol
  • tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    I don't need an excuse to use the whip.

Whip it, Whip it good.

• djdonnydjdonny Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    2uggbba.png
    this just in from the twitter site xD lol
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    Hmm...Lets see, as far as I can remember back. From Season 7 emergency maintenance all the way up until now they have had this problem. You would think by now they would anticipate something like this and be prepared.

P.S. Anyone wanna take a bet of say..... (lets be reasonable) 10 million ECs that says season 11 will have a emergency maintenance time out. Anyone???
  • ncc42662ncc42662 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Ok, so I can't be the first person on the server to own a Resolute :(

Well... was hoping to get one to replace my favourite Excelsior but... :( Oh well, when they get it fixed I'll have to spill out the coin... heh. :)

"The Prime Directive is merely a guideline to help make the right choice" -Vn'dor Phail, Capt
    :: sneezes :: Why is it no-one dusts the bridge on Starfleet vessels?" -Emsil Marat, Glinn
    "We can not interfere in the progression of one's life" -Richard Lynch, LtCdr
  • thomas128thomas128 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have been calm and waiting but i am getting angry when will the game be back up? I hope it comes back sooner than later.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    okay an update, they have a fix for it and its undergoing testing, so it shouldnt be much longer.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • syros04syros04 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    thomas128 wrote: »
    I have been calm and waiting but i am getting angry when will the game be back up? I hope it comes back sooner than later.

me too

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    thomas128 wrote: »
    From the previous page of this very thread: it'll be fixed soon (maybe within the next hour).
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!