test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 10.5 Is Now Live!

Comments

• Options
    djdonnydjdonny Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I've worked in IT but I've also worked in customer service. Just give us more info, estimated times etc.

And if there isn't an exact ETA, what do they do? TRIBBLE and make corrections later (which doesn't help)? Cryptic's damage control here is perfectly in line with what just about every other dev does with this kind of problem. Not having a precise answer certainly doesn't make us happy but sometimes precision isn't possible. You just have to wait until its done.

true to that since i rather have a game that works then one filled with bugs and crashes xD
  • Options
    mura934mura934 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Wait any longer, the Iconians will meet no opposition lol. Hope its done soon lol
  • Options
    ncc42662ncc42662 Member Posts: 72 Arc User

tamujiin wrote: »
    Finally Trendy cracked the whip.
    I don't need an excuse to use the whip.

Whip it, Whip it good.

Crack that whip! Break your mother's back.

Oh god... Divo... I just showed my age.... :/
    "The Prime Directive is merely a guideline to help make the right choice" -Vn'dor Phail, Capt
    :: sneezes :: Why is it no-one dusts the bridge on Starfleet vessels?" -Emsil Marat, Glinn
    "We can not interfere in the progression of one's life" -Richard Lynch, LtCdr
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    > @sov42 said:
    > hellstedt wrote: »
    >
    > As I learned a lifetime ago, back when WoW released: never play on patchday ;)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Except on City of Heroes. Patch days usually went smoothly as far as I remember.

Ahh the good old days on defiant, updates were a simple thing and we'd go on beating the bejesus out of bad guys!

Back then, massive patches were downloaded early, before release day. It was usually downloaded after you logged off, the launcher would pop-up, and you got to see the download progress bar fill up (however slowly that was, depended on the actual size and speed of internet connection and server to computer communication).

There were hiccups, though. I remember a few times that it took a long while to sort through problems on launch day for the biggie patches.
  • Options
    mattaolmattaol Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    TWITTER SAID THEY BE APPLYING DAT BUILD YO #HYPE
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    oh wow, ignore my comment earlier about the latest update... moving on.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    they are finished with their testing.
  • Options
    deadbrkwarriordeadbrkwarrior Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    oh god plz work
  • Options
    djdonnydjdonny Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    tamujiin wrote: »
    djdonny wrote: »
    211qvdy.png
    go check on their twitter maybe then you guys see more info about it
    https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame
    That might.. happen... to be.. me tweeting that. :expressionless:

xD could be just trying to keep the people up to date on here since twitter is giving more info then on here :p

She has had a long day bro. Just saying.

i know that, that never said shes not doing her job good or something i just said i was posting the twitter updates on here so that those who arent on twitter atm and only on the forums know the updates as well
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,772 Arc User
    211qvdy.png
    go check on their twitter maybe then you guys see more info about it
    https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame
    That might.. happen... to be.. me tweeting that. :expressionless:

She's here. She's there. She's everywhere.

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    amadarklexamadarklex Member Posts: 3 New User
    So how much of the Imperium did we recover this time, Kurtwood?
  • Options
    syros04syros04 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    wraitheks wrote: »
    I don't know where any of the people complaining work (if they work) but if,at you job there is a failure in some aspect, there will be time needed to fix said failure. It isn't like the game is gone.

Its not a problem as you put it, it is a series of ongoing instability and no amount of slap-dash technobabble can excuse the fact that every time there is a major update there are serious issues. This time it was so serious that they were forced to do something about it today instead of the usual fix which takes a week of procrastination. If I worked for a company whose track-record included a tenure of bad patches and server disconnects and rubber-banding lag, I would quit and find myself a new line of work because clearly I and my associates don't know what we're doing.

• Options
    kawasakizx10rrkawasakizx10rr Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    ITS UPPPPPPPPPPPPP
    yEt6JSa.gifMEANWHILE AT THE CRYPTIC HEADQUARTERS
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    The team has successfully applied their patch! Holodeck is now up and available once more!
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    The latest tweet says it was a substantial bug that appeared due to an unforeseen live-specific variable.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    onehalfklingononehalfklingon Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    It's alive! (for now)
  • Options
    deadbrkwarriordeadbrkwarrior Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    syros04 wrote: »
    wraitheks wrote: »
    I don't know where any of the people complaining work (if they work) but if,at you job there is a failure in some aspect, there will be time needed to fix said failure. It isn't like the game is gone.

Its not a problem as you put it, it is a series of ongoing instability and no amount of slap-dash technobabble can excuse the fact that every time there is a major update there are serious issues. This time it was so serious that they were forced to do something about it today instead of the usual fix which takes a week of procrastination. If I worked for a company whose track-record included a tenure of bad patches and server disconnects and rubber-banding lag, I would quit and find myself a new line of work because clearly I and my associates don't know what we're doing.

harsh
  • Options
    ITS UPPPPPPPPPPPPP

confirmed on twitter.
  • Options
    ncc42662ncc42662 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    I just managed to get in!
    "The Prime Directive is merely a guideline to help make the right choice" -Vn'dor Phail, Capt
    :: sneezes :: Why is it no-one dusts the bridge on Starfleet vessels?" -Emsil Marat, Glinn
    "We can not interfere in the progression of one's life" -Richard Lynch, LtCdr
  • Options
    wraithekswraitheks Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    To all the peeps that want stuffs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzr12gBrXA8
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    shpoks wrote: »
    I for one am glad to see that the new management under Ricossa is continuing to slowly but surely clean up the mess that D'Angelo left.

He hasn't really left pretty much the consensus I have seen over the years as when Cryptic was acquired they just try to give us a name to associate who is running things although said person is never making the actual decisions. Off that note D'angelo technically according to the information they give us is the technology/IT head guy so if what information is somewhat true the mess is still owned and continuing by said person.

Although after not playing since the episode before and the client won't even load I might just uninstall it for good this time and thank god STO is not my main game anymore so I can atleast have some fun and maybe if I don't uninstall try again next month when I get bored enough to try to stomach STO.
  • Options
    zarato4218zarato4218 Member Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    mura934 wrote: »
    Wait any longer, the Iconians will meet no opposition lol. Hope its done soon lol

Death to the opposition! - - Lt. Cmdr Worf on Baseball with Vulcans. (Niners forever!!) o:) Sorry, your comment just reminded me of that for some reason.

As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
  • Options
    stephane2258stephane2258 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    We were toooo laatteee! The Iconians have won! Game over Star Trek Online! :)
  • Options
    gasparulisesgasparulises Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    I think soon will new records, going to in ripple last update was more than 10 hours, we going with 10 hours almost, we will get new records and the price will be. The game get a new hamster for the wheel nah, nah that to expensive we will continue with the same hamster until it can't move the wheel and the problem with the lag, the back and foward of the ship, the disconected problem be resolved in parallel universe as our that will be better because these is science fiction and the game is ok, well any opinion in no favor of that go play to the parallel universe >:)
  • Options
    tritan2409tritan2409 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    So now we is all working again, Trendy, any idea what caused all the kerfuffle?
  • Options
    zomuluszomulus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Must've been a serious problem, they couldn't detect for weeks on Tribble.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,772 Arc User
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    Its alive! Jim
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    Ahh nuu! Cheeki breeki iv damke!
    I need a beer.