test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 10.5 Is Now Live!

Comments

• Options
    xginocidexxginocidex Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Off topic: These new forums are horrible. Why is there no navigation on the bottom of the page?

On topic: Happens every time and yet after each maintenance i am here expecting to play like i did the day before and even still get annoyed that the game is down :( Figured i would have learned by now not to try to play on patch day. Yet here i am lol :(
    Dracul - Level 60 romulan tactical officer - Krenim Imperium Warship [T6]
  • Options
    kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    here is something to watch while we wait:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYYuyvyr2HY​​

Eeew! :s
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • Options
    dariel23dariel23 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    *Opens up a concession stand* " Kleenex, 5 bucks! Get your Kleenex!"
    [Edit] No Refunds! I know you lot.... >:)

>:)
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2015

Salmi_Inferno (STO)@salami_inferno
    "@BorticusCryptic @zeroniusrex I'll be adding another day to the Summer event to make up for today."

kyle223cat wrote: »
    here is something to watch while we wait:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYYuyvyr2HY

Eeew! :s

Isn't that just amazing Kyle!!! :D ​​
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    xginocidex wrote: »
    Off topic: These new forums are horrible. Why is there no navigation on the bottom of the page? :(

https://github.com/asterpw/pwevanillaenhance

There are some really good fixes created by asterelle, nrglg and a few other nice folk. I suggest you use them, they massively enhance the forum experience.​​
  • Options
    trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    So, let's start the speculation over what Ricossa will bribe the community with this time to forget this failure. Maybe a code for a Red Matter Capacitor? :)
    ---
    "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
    Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
  • Options
    trekpuppy wrote: »
    So, let's start the speculation over what Ricossa will bribe the community with this time to forget this failure. Maybe a code for a Red Matter Capacitor? :)

"@BorticusCryptic @zeroniusrex I'll be adding another day to the Summer event to make up for today."​​
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    Here is another video to watch while waiting for le server:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHbdoO7uCkk​​
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    paulno1paulno1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Want my money back lol
    Entrusted to protect all Planet's in the Federation
  • Options
    kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User

I'm not going to settle for anything less than five more Recluses so I can have one on each of my toons. :p
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • Options
    quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    paulno1 wrote: »
    quepan wrote: »
    while in a sense it sucks but i completely understand for the down time ,sometimes these things take a little time
    #1jobPhil :)

Take a little time, Where have you been, what stardate are you from........
    Ive learned that sometime these things happen more to some than most in gaming , its best not to get too bent outta shape , it will get fixed as quickly as it can be . the main point is that they are aware of the issue and are working to fix it and keeping the player base informed, THere not much more you can ask for there isnt a button like this for them to use.
    fixit1.jpg

• Options
    kyle223cat wrote: »

I'm not going to settle for anything less than five more Recluses so I can have one on each of my toons. :p

:pokes your brain: °-°​​
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    So... still no word on how much longer things will be down?

You know what's ironic? Automated news posts, especially when combined with things like Emergency Maintenance - the system automatically posts the news for "Season 10.5 Now Live!", "Research Lab Fleet Holding Now Live!" or "Year of Hell Lock Box Now Live!"... and they're really not live. They're not live because the game's not live, the game is down for Emergency Maintenance, there's a little red dot on my launcher telling me that the news page on the website is merely mocking me with all these new things that I can't get to because the game is currently a dead parrot...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    kawasakizx10rrkawasakizx10rr Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    I can't take it much longer. Is there no update on a ETA ?
    yEt6JSa.gifMEANWHILE AT THE CRYPTIC HEADQUARTERS
  • Options
    doklardoklar Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2015

I vote this! +1
    Jeera D'Voth T'Kaillian, Rihannsu and ally of the United Federation of Planets, Commander of the R.R.W. Susse-Thrai and Fleet Admiral of the Romulan Republic
  • Options
    stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    After the fiasco today and the server going down with a 1 minute warning, the rewards for all should be substantial. Ultra rare or even gold standard, and no rubbish this time. Bound to character should be scrapped in favour of bound to account. All and everything should be bound to account. All currencies and all dilithium ore account bound.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,776 Arc User
    Reminds me of - searches [ snl dan aykroyd julia child skit ]

This.
    nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/the-french-chef/n8667
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    So... still no word on how much longer things will be down?

You know what's ironic? Automated news posts, especially when combined with things like Emergency Maintenance - the system automatically posts the news for "Season 10.5 Now Live!", "Research Lab Fleet Holding Now Live!" or "Year of Hell Lock Box Now Live!"... and they're really not live. They're not live because the game's not live, the game is down for Emergency Maintenance, there's a little red dot on my launcher telling me that the news page on the website is merely mocking me with all these new things that I can't get to because the game is currently a dead parrot...
    There was an update, via Twitter, saying they've found the root cause and it'll be a couple hours to have the fix working.

Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    paulno1paulno1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Well hate to point this out but even the arc website went down for 5-6 mins explain that?
    Entrusted to protect all Planet's in the Federation
  • Options
    vakna4837vakna4837 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    RIP European player's entire day of gaming, time for bed I guess, maybe the server will be okay when we wake up in the morning. Not getting my hopes up though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User

Salmi_Inferno (STO)@salami_inferno
    "@BorticusCryptic @zeroniusrex I'll be adding another day to the Summer event to make up for today."

​​

Excellent! Another day of free Iconian marks. ;D

• Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    paulno1 wrote: »
    Well hate to point this out but even the arc website went down for 5-6 mins explain that?

This happens every time there's a server issue, pretty much every release.
  • Options
    yobo500400yobo500400 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @paulno1 said:
    > Well hate to point this out but even the arc website went down for 5-6 mins explain that?

They either got TRIBBLE.... or they're turning their servers off and on again and hoping that fixes it.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,959 Arc User
    stuart1965 wrote: »
    After the fiasco today and the server going down with a 1 minute warning, the rewards for all should be substantial. Ultra rare or even gold standard, and no rubbish this time. Bound to character should be scrapped in favour of bound to account. All and everything should be bound to account. All currencies and all dilithium ore account bound.

A pony too?

Something like a dilithium/bonus xp weekend would be sufficient. Radically restructuring item ownership rules is kind of pushing it.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Some of us had such high hopes for a trouble-free start to season 10.5 today.
    hRaCNtQ.gif
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    really annoying, gets a 502 bad gateway, lasts about 15 minutes, happened twice now and i expect to see it again. game is out and the website is unreliable. good thing its 11pm.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    vakna4837 wrote: »
    RIP European player's entire day of gaming, time for bed I guess, maybe the server will be okay when we wake up in the morning. Not getting my hopes up though.

^Yep.

Midnight here, tomorrow is a workday. I've been reading all week about the new stuff that was about to happen, took an evening off the usual "social duties", and wasted it refreshing a forum page. Yay.
    ryuga81.png
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    sov42 wrote: »

Salmi_Inferno (STO)@salami_inferno"@BorticusCryptic @zeroniusrex I'll be adding another day to the Summer event to make up for today."​
    which day however, is yet to be seen​​
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User

Why? This always happens every time.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,959 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    hRaCNtQ.gif

You see, if the servers never went down that wouldn't have ever been made and I wouldn't have lol'ed.

Gotta keep in perspective y'all. :P

sov42 wrote: »

Or complete ambivalence to free Iconian marks (some of us still can't play on Risa after S10 dropped its FPS to ~5. From our point of view an event extension is just a victory lap for cryptic's QA problems.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!