test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lohlunat Festival Returns!

Comments

• smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why is it only 35 days long?

Compared to 43 days last year, and 54 days for the first year?
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well.. interesting. I know my Ferengi is going to be happy.. I hope the ship looks nice. I am sad to see that the previous ships are not going to be available I guess all my new toons can forget about them.

Your new toons are fine, they'll have access if another character on the account has already earned one. Unless it's a new account. Then they're SOL.
    I'm surprised nobody is commenting about the lines about the shirts. 'Hawaiian' shirts as an unlock this year?

They sound like an Off Duty unlock, which would be cool. Since they also mentioned swimwear in the same sentence, they could also be locked into Risa, which diminishes their value significantly from my perspective. Sure, I generally spend a decent chunk of time on Risa... but not enough to worry too much about a map-specific unlock.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    this year event seems short. only 35 days...
    interestin is ferengi warship.
  • captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yessssss!!!!!

Thank you cryptic for some ferengi stuff!!!
    First nog now this warship, love it!!

Thanks Trendy!!
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited May 2015
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And once you've earned the Ferengi Nandi Warship, the Risians will give you a significant discount if you want another one!
    Oh, so we keep the whole "1000 mcguffins for the first character, 40 for alts". OK, that's good...
    (Any character on your account can claim the Ferengi Nandi Warship once you've earned the ship on a single character.)
    Oh, so actually, no, you only need 1000 mcguffins for the first, and it's free for other existing and future alts at any time, right?
    At the end of this year's Lohlunat Festival, all uncompleted Lohlunat Festival Reputation projects will be deleted.
    Wait, does that mean, only for the first character or do alts need to buy the ship during the summer event with the project or otherwise they can't claim it? Is the ship free for alts at any time or on a discount for the event only?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yessssss!!!!!

Thank you cryptic for some ferengi stuff!!!
    First nog now this warship, love it!!

Thanks Trendy!!

Yes!

/10char
  • lebtronlebtron Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Where do I have to sign? How many billions do you want for that ship? I pay it!!11
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well, Tom Paris is in the game now!

Yup, and so is Harry Kim, so they better both on the Risian beach with these volleyball team players.

Get to work Devs. ;)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The internet is much like the Great Material Continuum isn't it? If you carefully navigate your way with skill and grace you can find most anything..

I saw an interesting Ferengi ship once.. Designed by an interesting person.. I wonder if that was it?

It was quite a lovely ship.

Hmmm... I wonder.

:D

(No, I didn't see it at "you know where")

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Looking at Zone Chat, watching the fireworks in zone 8, see those Captains flying on jets.

Flying on my boards, away from those blasted Heralds, smile at the trolls blowing up the forums...

Wasting away again at the Risian Festival, searching for my lost favors for my alts.

Some people claim there's an Orion to blame, but I know.....its my own damn fault.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • galattgalatt Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am so looking forward to this. I love the summer event.
    one question though;
    Do we still get to collect eggs and tags so we can raise more birds and monkeys?
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    galatt wrote: »
    Do we still get to collect eggs and tags so we can raise more birds and monkeys?

These will still work as before - we've only been told about changes to the Pearls.
  • demonicaestheticdemonicaesthetic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    Well, I was wrong. I was expecting a repackaged T6 Risian Corvette.

Still, kind of a shame to devote so many developer labor hours to creating the Risian event ships only to retire them later. They put a lot of work and effort into them.

I kept telling people...

T6 Cargo boat...

Did anyone believe me?

Ferengi ship... Meh.
    <center><font size="+5"><b>Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...</b></size></center>
  • binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hope this is ferengi ship
    http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/schematics/ferengi-early-screen.jpg
    the only decent looking ferengi ship ever.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    a ferengi warship? :confused:

You guys at cryptic i guess have ran out of ideas for the risian event im gonna look at the stats and what it looks like before i decide to grind.

Was hoping for something well more risian but i guess cryptic has to pay homage to thier ferengi overlords at PWE lol :D
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I suck so badly at the Risian races... I can handle the Ice race from the winter event any time compared to having to float around and navigate a course in the air...

Ugh...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Hawaiian shirts sound like an Off Duty unlock, which would be cool. Since they also mentioned swimwear in the same sentence, they could also be locked into Risa, which diminishes their value significantly from my perspective. Sure, I generally spend a decent chunk of time on Risa... but not enough to worry too much about a map-specific unlock.

That's why I didn't invest any time in getting the swimsuits or wetsuits, I didn't see the merit in a costume that can be only used on one map in the game and a map I am never visiting anyway.
    If the same rule applies to the shirts, then I'll ignore those as well.

I see the Devs didn't learn their lesson from the 90+ pages of feedback about retiring the Risian ships.
    None of it was positive comments approving of the choice by the way, the condemnation of the idea was universal.

And if you're going to discuss the above action, please don't stoop to infighting, it just gets threads locked.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • hillbrowhitmnhillbrowhitmn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I see all the complaints have been ignored like always.

Good job am happy I won't be participating in this farmfest,
    going on a holiday, adios people.
  • kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    binebane wrote: »
    hope this is ferengi ship
    http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/schematics/ferengi-early-screen.jpg
    the only decent looking ferengi ship ever.

No Hot-linking, that link won't open... unless...

Firefox (Latest):

Right click "Copy link location"

Open new private window

Paste and go

Viola..

Worked for me anyway..

:)

Edit: Oh and that wasn't the ship I saw, but you could be right..

;)

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yup, and so is Harry Kim, so they better both on the Risian beach with these volleyball team players.

Get to work Devs. ;)

This ^ I want to see Tom and Harry taking some down time on the beach. At night maybe Tom gets drunk and runs around yelling "I'M CAPTAIN PROTON!!!" while making jetpack sounds.
  • benben500benben500 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why is it only 35 days long?

Compared to 43 days last year, and 54 days for the first year?

To stop you from getting the new ship and completing old projects with the new currency on the same toon. You need multiple toons to do more than 1 ship (unless you have it almost done).
    "Bloody explorers, ponce off to Mumbo Jumbo land, come home with a tropical disease, a suntan and a bag of brown lumpy things, and Bob's your uncle, everyone's got a picture of them in the lavatory."
    -Edmund Blackadder-
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    abaddon653 wrote: »
    This ^ I want to see Tom and Harry taking some down time on the beach. At night maybe Tom gets drunk and runs around yelling "I'M CAPTAIN PROTON!!!" while making jetpack sounds.

nope tom paris flying around drunk using a floater screaming "IM CAPTAIN PROTON!!!" :D
  • lastwolf25lastwolf25 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I was expecting a risian sci-ship, something to give me a good reason to move from my hideout on Risa, since it's my home base
  • hausofmartokhausofmartok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tilarta wrote: »
    That's why I didn't invest any time in getting the swimsuits or wetsuits, I didn't see the merit in a costume that can be only used on one map in the game and a map I am never visiting anyway.
    If the same rule applies to the shirts, then I'll ignore those as well.

I see the Devs didn't learn their lesson from the 90+ pages of feedback about retiring the Risian ships.
    None of it was positive comments approving of the choice by the way, the condemnation of the idea was universal.

And if you're going to discuss the above action, please don't stoop to infighting, it just gets threads locked.

Didn't you know? There are plenty of exploits out there to get around that. Are there still Gorn on Drozana in swimsuits? That exploit was reported multiple times in different threads and was never addressed by the devs. Why not? It didn't effect the important metrics I guess. And dude there are plenty of other fantasy MMOS where you can run around as a barely dressed female char, why not go play one of those?
  • thelordofshadesthelordofshades Member Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Lots of butthurt due to this part:
    At the end of this year's Lohlunat Festival, all uncompleted Lohlunat Festival Reputation projects will be deleted.
    at the end of Event foresee do I.
    For several days the forum burn will.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    darn, was hoping for a pilot T6 corvette. Well, I guess I'll hold out for a sale or the T6 Defiant for my Delta.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Sorry if this has already been asked, I'm short on time. But Since this is a ferengi ship, does it come equipped with its own Dabo table?
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    nope tom paris flying around drunk using a floater screaming "IM CAPTAIN PROTON!!!" :D

Even better!
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,317 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Lohlunat Festival runs from June 4 to July 9.

1 - Why is the event so short this year?
    2 - Why does the event run so early? I mean, summer holidays tend to start around July, not June.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/