test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[VIDEOS] Pay 2 L-L-L-L-L-L-L-Lag

12346»

Comments

• serhatgs1905serhatgs1905 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    haven't bought anything with real money just in game resources the last... hhmm 3 months? when was it that the command ships came out?

dunno...

lost a lot of players in the fleet even a few lifers who haven't played for over months..or don't spend more than bare minium a week...

out of a +400 player fleet with a daily activity of +40~50 players
    with about 10 fleet/vice admirals in the fleet ...... Prior to Delta Rising

It's all dropped to maybe on a good day having 5 players online.. and the 2 admirals still present being online aswell...

I'll be honoust.. a good amount of players just try the game and jump to another game every week or so I guess but the fleet I'm in did have these numbers of online players prior to Delta Rising.. once the nerfing started a good amount of players left because being forced to redo the work they had done.. (xp nerf and loss of spec points)

Than it became a game that was forcing players to play in a certain way to get the metrics I guess for the devs... another good amount of players just stopped playing...

than it became the increasingly annoying and getting worse with the day lag / rubberbanding problem..

This last part has dropped the fleet I'm in from having about 10 players online and in active team speak to about 1-2 players online.... hell nobody is on teamspeak anymore since it's all lag...

Even received an email from a "new" player who thanked me for all the help and info but he couldn't be arsed to pay 30$ for a ship soak up all the info required to put out a decent build and look at the slide show every time he tried a pve.

Point is... yes I'm complaining... cause it's finally a Star Trek game that I liked.... yes I liked.. it's more like a habbit at the moment that makes me think of giving up on.. but that's the problem with habbits I guess.. I'll be satisfied with no new content for 6 months hell a year if only game play becomes lag free and as smooth as possible as it used to be about a year ago when I was playing on a daily basis with at least 10 players on team speak and 40 players in the fleet online.

/endcomplainand*sigh
    tactics? to pew pew or not to pew pew?!

• midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm closing this thread as some posting are on the verge of having warnings being issued.

There are threads already open for trace routes that can be passed to the engineers to help them identify and fix the problems. A bug that caused major FPS issues has had a fix go live with the last patch which has improved things for many (and I know that it is not for everyone).

I know the lag is frustrating, hopefully they'll fix it soon.
    Please also remember that these issues do not tend to get fixed by the devs but by server and network engineers and unfortunately these things take time to track down.

STO's EP has stated that they are working to fix the issues and that there are multiple issues causing the lag. You can read his statement here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=23621141&postcount=552

LLAP
This discussion has been closed.