test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[VIDEOS] Pay 2 L-L-L-L-L-L-L-Lag

Comments

• stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It would have been interesting to see a side-by-side comparison of that 20 man instance with all the command ships/traits or whatever and another run a few minutes later in the same instance, same 20 people but with them all in regular ships like T4, T5 or T5U and with no carriers, no command ships, no command traits and no romulan ships (since someone a while back mentioned singularity abilities using the same check system).

I do believe you guys but i just want to see how bad/good it can get.
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Enough is enough, stop telling us that you have people working on it; i don't care about words. I only care about results.

Ah yes, the Pointy Headed Boss School of Code Development.

Look, its well known now to all but the most attention deprived that there's a lag problem. The devs are well aware of this. And repeatedly shouting 'FIX THIS' won't make them fix it any faster. If you want to help, try perhaps offering temporary solutions to alleviate the problem.

Let's try this: The possibility of temporarily disabling lag-inducing commands and powers while the devs fix the issue. Yeah, it will suck that you paid for stuff that isn't working, here's some zen / dil / whatever as a 'we're sorry'.
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif
  • ovrkylovrkyl Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Look, its well known now to all but the most attention deprived that there's a lag problem. The devs are well aware of this. And repeatedly shouting 'FIX THIS' won't make them fix it any faster. If you want to help, try perhaps offering temporary solutions to alleviate the problem.
    Not listening is not listening, that simple.
    I and many many other players have been shouting "FIX THIS" for months at the minimum (at least since WW), and all we hear in response are excuses (both by CMs and by "white knight" players) and the announcements of new material. What we are not hearing is "hey guys, we heard your complains, we worked on it, we found the problem, and we are fixing it". And any time some shmo, expecially if it's a company rep, claims the game is not broken and the problem exists with Cogentco/Comcast/the players' various systems, when all evidence is to the contrary, it's just plain insulting.
    When the Known Issues of the Release Notes gets longer and longer and keeps saying the same things, this is also evident that, despite what some (like you) say about the devs, they really just don't give a damn about fixing the game.

The sorry thing is that the broken game reflects negatively upon their developmental talents, no matter how many shiny new ships they add to the C-Store to suck more money out of the players' wallets.
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ah yes, the Pointy Headed Boss School of Code Development.

I think sarcasmdetector and their group have done more than enough to illustrate (and document in detailed posts), vids and all, what the likely culprits are. At this point, honestly, like I said as well, they need to start actually working on fixing the lag. Remember, in Alien, when Ash said "We're still collating."? At some point, LOL, ppl had enough of that. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited May 2015
    Let's try this: The possibility of temporarily disabling lag-inducing commands and powers while the devs fix the issue. Yeah, it will suck that you paid for stuff that isn't working, here's some zen / dil / whatever as a 'we're sorry'.

Yeah. Naturally ppl would frown at that; but doing so for, say, a few hours, just to see whether the lag is indeed Command ships-induced, that might actually be a good idea. Like a large, announced Community test.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited May 2015
    deokkent wrote: »
    It took PvPers 5 years to all quit (well, the majority anyway). How long are you guys going to hang it in there?

Now you know what it's like to be a PvPer in this game :P. Welcome to the club.

Seriously? Welcome to MY club. I haven't PvPed since DR hit, it's a joke. Now PvE is a absurd farce.

I hear some of the 5 remaining PvPers are switching to PvE... I wish them the best of luck with that. :rolleyes:
  • snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    edited May 2015
    Ok, just did a fleet base defense mission. Only 5 of us there, none in command ships (in fact, only I was in an admiral level ship, a Pathfinder, the others were all commanders).

Before the enemy arrived, I started my engines and began bouncing back and forth. Eventually, the enemy warped in, an Orion corvette. I pressed my HY Torpedoes, waited about 10 seconds for it to activate, then pressed the space bar to fire. After about 5 seconds, the first torpedo fired (HY2 fires three times), then disappeared and fired again when my ship bounced backwards, then disappeared and fired again. About 15 seconds later, the second torpedo fired, then fired again, then again. Then all the torpedoes vanished and it started firing again from the first torpedo.

This went on for about 4 minutes, before all the torpedoes fired. They never did hit the target, because it suddenly warped out of arc, about 40 km behind me somewhere, and all the torpedoes disappeared.

The game cannot be played this way. Nothing else matters at this point, Cryptic. You CANNOT let this continue, or this game is finished. People will not pay for a game they can't play, no matter how shiny your fancy new ships might be.

I think the Fleet Alert map has got issues or has been throttled to the hilt.
  • satchmo84satchmo84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Priorities here Cryptic.

Playable game means more people playing means more people enjoying themselves means more people spending money.

Unplayable game means less people playing means less people having fun less people spending money.

I would GLADLY go 2 or 3 months without ANY new content if you took that time and just fixed as much of the bugs affecting play as possible.
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Yeah. Naturally ppl would frown at that; but doing so for, say, a few hours, just to see whether the lag is indeed Command ships-induced, that might actually be a good idea. Like a large, announced Community test.

I think it makes sense. And given the choice between constant game breaking lag and not being able to use a ship for a few days while they sort stuff out, I'd like to think the overwhelming majority would choose the latter option.
    edited May 2015
    deokkent wrote: »
    It took PvPers 5 years to all quit (well, the majority anyway). How long are you guys going to hang it in there?

Probably not another 5 years, like you guys. :) And with me likely many others won't. The game needs to be playable. It doesn't even need to be good per se: it just needs to be playable, foremost.
    Now you know what it's like to be a PvPer in this game :P. Welcome to the club.

Or a KDF-er, endlessly holding out hopes for better times. Or a KDF-er who also happens to be a PvP-er. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Probably not another 5 years, like you guys. :) And with me likely many others won't. The game needs to be playable. It doesn't even need to be good per se: it just needs to be playable, foremost.

Or a KDF-er, endlessly holding out hopes for better times. Or a KDF-er who also happens to be a PvP-er. :P

Maybe thats the evil masterplan behind all the lagging... Make us happy to be able to play even if the game sucks instread of screeming for more/harder/whatever content
  • jaymclaughlinjaymclaughlin Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Maybe thats the evil masterplan behind all the lagging... Make us happy to be able to play even if the game sucks instread of screeming for more/harder/whatever content

Happy like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfOAJBQuMGY
    animated.gif
  • mrsinister82mrsinister82 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Really good OP you guys did.

Will cyptic act and fix the mess they have created. Not looking like it at the moment so there is only one thing for it.

"not another penny".

Only weapon the player base has in reality.

Until they fix the unplayable lag issues, not another penny.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm surprised this didn't crash the servers and then have the Cryptic crew blame it on a DDoS attack.
  • drakie79drakie79 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    "we cant help it if the players love us so much"-Geko

Is that a real quote in response to the lag problems?
  • coraleccoralec Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Really good OP you guys did.

Will cyptic act and fix the mess they have created. Not looking like it at the moment so there is only one thing for it.

"not another penny".

Only weapon the player base has in reality.

Until they fix the unplayable lag issues, not another penny.

Forget about not another penny, I won't even play the game until this problem is fixed its just impossible enjoy. Any content is more slideshow than video game right now. Only Cryptic would release new content for a game that is this unstable. It's just incredible to me that Cryptic actually seems to believe that if they just ignore a problem it will go away.
  • ozy83ozy83 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    edalgo wrote: »
    Well everytime "the few" keep taking their business elsewhere over time that becomes a huge and considerable loss of income.

Indeed, its not smart to ignore technical issues at all. Even if it is affecting a few, because they have this nasty habit of progressing into major user-wide problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Watch:
    Delta Rising: Warning
    Anniversary Event: Severe
    Iconian Season: Critical
  • sarosssaross Member Posts: 248 Media Corps
    edited May 2015
    They know people is laggin and people is rubberbanding,but are those enough to warrant the complete halt of the process of creating new content,ships,events,etc,etc.?¿?¿

Content designers and art designers != game or server debuggers. Course they will keep working. Company loses money if someone like Tacos sits around on his hands waiting to be told to go at it again. Plus, no offense to Tacos, I don't know I'd want him looking into debugging things anyways....
    If a lot more people suffered these issues the attitude of Cryptic would change but as i see it the number of people with issues isnt groundbreaking so they will keep on pouring content,events and ships for the rest of the people (the majority) that doesnt have any issues with the game.

If it was only a few people having issues would they really have acknowledged things? I mean come on, you don't bring out issues to the point where they admit that there is an issue and that their teams are working on it who are in charge of said debugging to figure what needs to get done to fix things. See Salamiinferno's discussion admitting the issue, or Geko admitting to having had lag himself and discussing that the networking team is working as hard as they can to fix it on the Priority one Podcast.
    Not a computer expert but i dont think that lag and rubberbanding is contagious like a virus or something...you either have it or you dont.

No, this lag and rubber banding isn't like a virus or anything, however, imagine this if you will. Rather you see it or not, and rather you advance your character beyond what you currently have or not won't matter in the end if enough other people who are just playing the content and advancing their characters. Eventually, enough people will hit the servers to such an extent that those with and those without lag will universally affect everyone.

Why wait until doomsday on a ticking time bomb?

The sooner this lag is brought forth, the sooner a fix can be found and applied. This issue isn't going away. Many of us in the DPS channels are large whales to the game in buying up things they put out, or upgrading things, or changing zen to dil for a fleet we manage. More of the whales they scare off the less buying the full mega packs at the drop of a hat for our ship collections. The less buying zen to convert to dil for upgrade projects and fleet projects.

Is it a money loss that will be see? Indeed. This can be tracked.

For another thing, I really don't think that those we see on the forums here are the full max scope of those with the issues. On the forums we see only a small percentage of people vs who actually are playing the game.

Managing the FB Group page I see dozens of people announcing they are leaving the game because of XYZ. Of a group of about 12k members, I think we see on a regular basis only 200-300 during a week posting. What if those who we don't see are members who have stopped playing the game? We may never know sadly. Hard to reach out to all 12k to find out who is playing and who is not. It's hard enough to get a poll of those who are having issues because of how fast it disappears.
    Need help with a mission to beat it? Visit http://pilotreviewshow.com to learn how we can help!

Top DPS 102k
  • raydogg76raydogg76 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Is anyone on Tribble getting this massive lag too?
    edited May 2015
    "we cant help it if the players love us so much"-Geko
    drakie79 wrote: »
    Is that a real quote in response to the lag problems?
    Wish it were,it would be like a certain "someone" having big cojones and just TRIBBLE to all of you ;)

o'rly?

P1 Ep#210
    Jump to 47mins and 35secs.

Cookie asks Geko: What's up with the lag?
    Geko Replies: It just means that everybody loves the game and the servers are full.
    Cookie: It's terrible!
    Geko: It's terrible, less people need to love us, i know... it's hard.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    o'rly?

P1 Ep#210

Geko Replies: It just means that everybody loves the game and the servers are full.

It could be that Geko was smoking his salad when he said that ... .

... which may have been imported from all the way from Colorado ...
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    o'rly?

P1 Ep#210

PR never was his forte'. Why his superiors still let him loose to flap his gums is beyond me.
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    coupaholic wrote: »
    PR never was his forte'. Why his superiors still let him loose to flap his gums is beyond me.

Absolutely, he's damaging to STO's image
    Seriously he should not be allowed to interact with the customer base as his customer service skills and PR abilities are highly questionable.
    He maybe a good manager but please keep him off the air and away from us. He always finds a way to antagonise or upset the community with some of the things he comes out with.
    Maybe its just a case of being too open in these discussions or not fully informed but he does need to think a little more before he speaks
    edited May 2015
    Well, i hope they enjoy the drop in the number of people playing, and the drop in profits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2015
    snip

Please avoid personal insults. I'd rather this thread didn't get locked.
  • jaymclaughlinjaymclaughlin Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Please avoid personal insults. I'd rather this thread didn't get locked.

Ditto. We need this issue taken seriously, and not dismissed out of hand because it appears to be a troll thread.
    animated.gif
    edited May 2015
    Well, i hope they enjoy the drop in the number of people playing, and the drop in profits.

Removed.

Sorry about that, rather irritated myself about the state of the game as ive spent thousands on it over the years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited May 2015

You don't need to wish them that because I think that, unfortunately, it's already happening : it's natural.
    The loss of metric is clear from the fast rate of events popping in and there after DR hit : an Events at Will 3 so to speak ...
    But so far, anyway, cash was flowing in thanks to the whales : just look at the lockbox and command ships you were seeing in a lot of places.
    However, the whales are not stupid : they are not going to spend money if they don't see a light at the horizon.
    I guess that a good number is going to hold on to the game, because of its addictive farming nature and especially because of the IP, but you can't keep this lag going on forever : not even the IP can save the day at that point.
    P58WJe7.jpg

edited May 2015

Dont worry you have already been reported,hope you get yourself a nice 3 day ban maybe even a week....if it were up to me it would be permanent.

Well, it isnt up to you is it little man.

Couldnt care less about what you say, and care even less about your opinions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2015
    You don't need to wish them that because I think that, unfortunately, it's already happening : it's natural.
    The loss of metric is clear from the fast rate of events popping in and there after DR hit : an Events at Will 3 so to speak ...
    But so far, anyway, cash was flowing in thanks to the whales : just look at the lockbox and command ships you were seeing in a lot of places.
    However, the whales are not stupid : they are not going to spend money if they don't see a light at the horizon.
    I guess that a good number is going to hold on to the game, because of its addictive farming nature and especially because of the IP, but you can't keep this lag going on forever : not even the IP can save the day at that point.

Yeah, completely agree, my friends list on STO is pretty much all offline now.

I see a few in my fleet still going but, only the whales you speak of, even most of them are complaining how unplayable it has become though.

Ah well, the OP of this thread did a good job, lets hope it gets noticed. Adios and all the best to all, besides the obvious person of course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.