test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[VIDEOS] Pay 2 L-L-L-L-L-L-L-Lag

Comments

• sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    DONT LIE AND MAKE UP STATISTICS

So plainly obvious video evidence isn't proof enough? or let me guess they went to the trouble of not only recording and processing the video for what? just to kick a stink up about nothing? They've offered you the chance for a first class demonstration and you've back away from it. Under the assumption they'll grief you for it. To be fair whilst I've had some run ins with a few of the DPS guys in the past, the likes of Sarcasm and Snipey are fairly decent and reasonable fellows, and I'm sure they have better things that grief the likes of you buddy.

As for the claim that its server wide, it all depends on your point of view. In this case it has the ability to affect everyone at some point or other if certain conditions are met.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• sarosssaross Member Posts: 248 Media Corps
    edited May 2015
    For one simple reason,when i see something that is not true i have to call it or them out.

In this case by the LWL (League of Whinnin Laggers),they say its a server wide issue which is a blatant lie...if this were the case this would have made the news all over the internet,havent seen any of that apart from some sporadic posts over here in the general discussion area of the forums.
    If it were a server wide issue and by server wide issue i mean 100% of the playerbase suffered from lag and rubberbanding there would be a great disturbance in the Force (wrong IP who cares),nerds would be spamming the forums,they would stand outside of Cryptics offices with signs and throw tomatoes at the employees...hmm havent seen anything like that happen.

And to end only 7 of my fleet members (out of 391 members) suffer from lag and rubberbanding so here i am calling out your lie,this is not a server wide issue...go ahead if you suffer any issues with the game you are in your right to complain and fight for your rights but DONT LIE AND MAKE UP STATISTICS

For something that is a lie and NOT a server wide issue they sure are acknowledging it in a big way.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=23621141&postcount=552

Or eve this one, http://priorityonepodcast.com/po220/

We get that you are not having lag, not ever is. But why these if there is no issue?
    Need help with a mission to beat it? Visit http://pilotreviewshow.com to learn how we can help!

Top DPS 102k
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Plasmanugget's either a hardcore troll or a really deluded and ignorant fool. In either case, it's best just to ignore him and disregard anything he says.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    Plasmanugget's either a hardcore troll or a really deluded and ignorant fool. In either case, it's best just to ignore him and disregard anything he says.
    In the end I do not know which is sadder: him getting everyone riled up, or everyone who cannot show restraint and simply ignore people they do not agree with.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • xbpathfinderxbpathfinder Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hypl wrote: »

Keep this forum alive guys. State ur cases methodically and hopefully cryptic realizes how big of a problem this really is. Ignore that one person.
    100k Dps Member =) Flying in space is great! When there is no lag...
    dps.shivtr.com/
  • serhatgs1905serhatgs1905 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    best thing to do would b e to write a ticket I guess after every moment of lag/rubberganding by everyone that experience it... let's see if receiving 10times as many tickets as normal will make some stuff move at crytpic
    tactics? to pew pew or not to pew pew?!

• raziladrazilad Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Keep this forum alive guys. State ur cases methodically and hopefully cryptic realizes how big of a problem this really is. Ignore that one person.

I don't post much, but this topic is critical so I'd like to support it. I'm having the exact same problem as shown in the video. ISA is virtually unplayable now. I'm glad the Devs have acknowledged the issue but I'm not sure it is getting the priority it needs. The lag is game killing and needs to be fixed immediately!
  • oceansongoceansong Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    as with the release of season 9, season 10 brought with it bags of lags over most of the game.
    the storyline in general seem to be mostly unaffected but the FE's were terrible, as were the new STF's. i remember doing a brotherhood of the sword on the fiirst night of release and everyone in the team reported issues with rubber-banding and other lag issues.
    some red alerts behaved better than others, Kobali was free of trouble, ISA was unplayable for everyone on the Echelon Alliance teamspeak, even Defera ground hard missions were impossible.

to say the lag is server-wide isn't exact, it is server-side however as it doesn't seem to matter how powerful your home system is, if certain criteria are met then you're going to be bouncing around.
    i applaud those people who have experimented with command abilities and posted their results, it's obviously more work than Cryptic ever did on the mechanics. if you're not affected then fine, but if you are then as customers and players you have the right to complain, and by turning up with results you lend credence to your arguments.

this is a real problem for many people, i for one would like Cryptic to be able to fix bugs that they introduce before they're rolled out on the live server, but i guess that's not how they operate :(
    eventually season 9 was fixed, but it took months before even Defera ground missions worked again. i for one will not be holding my breath.....
  • jocelyn2jocelyn2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My guess is that it'll not be fixed until next year and the game will be pretty much dead as prophecized by the doomsayers not so long ago.
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
    I will always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job...

...because he will find an easy way to do it.

-Bill Gates
  • snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    edited May 2015
    Am i suffering from lag?

Nope

Am i suffering from rubberbanding?

Nope

Is it my problem that others do?

Nope

Should i take my precious time and run STF's with people i dont want,need or desire to know ingame?

Nope

Should i reveal my ingame name so i can be harrassed,flamed and other such things?

Nope

Should i take my precious time and spend it by downloadin a recording program,installing said program,then running the program so i can record me running an STF and not having lag or rubberbanding issues then to end it all uploading the video so i can prove to people i dont really care about that im not suffering lag or rubberbanding?

Nope

Personal insult? you mean this:

Not really an insult,pregnant woman for example have cravings and somemtimes they cant tolerate the smell or looks of certains foods...like pickles for example,they see a pickle or smell a pickle or even someone mentions a pickle and they throw up.

This is basically the same principle.

You=Pickle
    Me=Pregnant woman

Yawn.

I'm not going to be the 100 watt bulb to your annoying little moth anymore, sunshine. I extend you the opportunity to experience what we do which you declined. Your responses consistently and conveniently ignore/shrug matters of substance such as Dev acknowledgement and requests for you to produce proof of what you are saying in the same light that you requested proof from us. It is proof that we continue to provide.

So until you contribute anything of substance to this and other related threads I'm just going to ignore you as I do all trolls. I am gratified though that you have finally been exposed as a troll due to your back peddling and refusal to live by the same standards that you insisted we live by.

Enjoy your pickle.
  • nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My friends have more or less stopped running most PVE queues. The last ISA I've done was several days ago. We left the match after the first transformer because half the people in the team were getting motion sickness from the rubberbanding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
  • afb2008afb2008 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm not posting normally, but trolls who accuse others of lying need a reply.
    I experience/-d the same sort of lag as many mentioned. The dev gave a hint on the causes and hopefully they will solve soon.
    I would agree to an intermediated solution to shut down the causing traits temporally until it's solved on tribble.
    DPS-Channel: you have my support for high-lighting issues in a clear and fair manner.

Trolls go home
  • nomahdnomahd Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Dont post often, but thought I would add my 2 cents:

Lag has made the space-game unplayable.

Before the April 30th fix, I could really not play anything - solo space patrols were just as bad as normal queues, and New Romulus was a disaster.

After the hotfix I seem to only lag badly on my Scimitar. So badly that I usually end up disconnecting, however these disconnects must be coded differently than if my internet cut out suddenly because no matter how fast I log back in, I have been removed from the group. This new "difficulty" makes the game zero fun to play on my Romulan at the moment, the entire time risking my effort for potentially zero reward.

On my Fed in his Guardian Cruiser, the fix seems to have alleviated game-breaking lag disconnects, however I will still occasionally rubber band a few times in anything space related. I will start to take note now of when their are Command Cruisers in those matches.

All being said, I have basically downgraded all of my "playing" to farming ground queues for the reputations I need 2-3 times per week, and then just doffing and leveling new alts. Would really appreciate this issue being addressed. Played many MMOs over the years and the single greatest "bad press" an MMO can get is when you cannot play the game because of connectivity errors. Hoping I dont have to find a new game for this summer, I truly love flying around in my cruiser/scimitar blowing up bad guys and science-ing my way to victory.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ISA, 10 minutes ago -> 2 command ships -> unplayable -> i left

before: ISA with an other toon, no command ships -> no lag/rubberbanding
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah well one thing that doesnt help is there is no GLOBAL standard for internet speed. It's a mess. It's a miracle you can play anything never mind STO. I have a 105 mbs hookup and send out ping packages to see what the speeds are and latency. Heres what I got just now. Here is what I used Ookla Speedtest.
    From seacoast of New Hampshire to Boston 12 ms Ping average speed 91.95 mbs Comcast server. From same area to LA 98 ms ping 51.68 mbs Time Warner server. From same area to London 110 ms 33.30 mbs Vodafone server. From same area to Melbourne Australia 258 ms 4.62 mbs Vodafone Hutchinson Australia server. From same area to Tokyo 340 ms 12.76 mbs Telin Server. From same area to Munich 130 ms 40.17 mbs InterNetX GmBH. Plus add in some folks are playing off a cell phone connection or a wifi hookup in local bistro so there you go all the ingrediants for a cluster frak of lag.
    So any wonder why lag happens?
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    In the end I do not know which is sadder: him getting everyone riled up, or everyone who cannot show restraint and simply ignore people they do not agree with.

Just let the children play, it's kind of cute really.

The problem is known and it seems previous attempts at fixes haven't worked. What else can be done besides waiting for a fix that does work?

Either fly a ship without the traits causing the lag. Or play other games until the problem is resolved.
    edited May 2015
    jocelyn2 wrote: »
    My guess is that it'll not be fixed until next year and the game will be pretty much dead as prophecized by the doomsayers not so long ago.
    You mean those same doomsayers who 3 days after Launch said the game would not last 3 months? :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited May 2015
    coupaholic wrote: »
    Just let the children play, it's kind of cute really.

The problem is known and it seems previous attempts at fixes haven't worked. What else can be done besides waiting for a fix that does work?

Either fly a ship without the traits causing the lag. Or play other games until the problem is resolved.
    Do not bring reason into this. :)
  • sarosssaross Member Posts: 248 Media Corps
    edited May 2015
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    From seacoast of New Hampshire to Boston 12 msi Ping average speed 91.95 mbs Comcast server. From same area to LA 98 ms ping 51.68 mbs Time Warner server. From same area to London 110 ms 33.30 mbs Vodafone server. From same area to Melbourne Australia 258 ms 4.62 mbs.
    So any questions why lag happens?

You see different times because of the amount of gear between you and the server you are going to. The closer the server for testing and on the same network (Comcast to Comcast for example), the faster your speeds will be.

Best thing to do is traceroute and ping and pathping from your location to STOs servers. Traceroute will tell you how many hops between you and their servers along with the MS speeds of said hop point to point.

In the case of STO, it isn't completely just that routing from you to their servers that is the issues for some. Some people are seeing slow times, and in those cases that might their ultimate cause. Others are seeing very good to decent times (30ms to 120ms.) My highest time I see typically is 49ms, even with a twitch broadcast and recording, game going on, and monitoring forums and the FB group I manage. Yet my lag is seen.

In these cases, it is what you or your instance is doing. The more server heavy your skills, ones that are ALWAYS checking for certain cases, the more likely you are to have lag.

Take the command ships as in the OP's case. Those are doing checks EVERY second to build up a bar to use special skills they offer alone. Then add in the Command spec tree which DOES the same affect. Add in the Pilot tree which has things doing a similar method and add nausea.

So in these cases, they are creating awesome skills that people love to use which are crippling their own server by the amount they are being used by everyone.
    Need help with a mission to beat it? Visit http://pilotreviewshow.com to learn how we can help!

Top DPS 102k
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i've run a few of the new stfs like gateway to grathor (yes my spelling sucks) we hade no intel or command ships but the entire team was slide show lagging badly took almost 5 minutes to turn my ship and that lag seemed to be when the heralds used the skills they had so yeah its those skills seems like to me.

• ozy83ozy83 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Totally agree. The lag is absurd. Game is completely unplayable for a lot of people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Watch:
    Delta Rising: Warning
    Anniversary Event: Severe
    Iconian Season: Critical
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    saross wrote: »
    You see different times because of the amount of gear between you and the server you are going to. The closer the server for testing and on the same network (Comcast to Comcast for example), the faster your speeds will be.

Best thing to do is traceroute and ping and pathping from your location to STOs servers. Traceroute will tell you how many hops between you and their servers along with the MS speeds of said hop point to point.

In the case of STO, it isn't completely just that routing from you to their servers that is the issues for some. Some people are seeing slow times, and in those cases that might their ultimate cause. Others are seeing very good to decent times (30ms to 120ms.) My highest time I see typically is 49ms, even with a twitch broadcast and recording, game going on, and monitoring forums and the FB group I manage. Yet my lag is seen.

In these cases, it is what you or your instance is doing. The more server heavy your skills, ones that are ALWAYS checking for certain cases, the more likely you are to have lag.

Take the command ships as in the OP's case. Those are doing checks EVERY second to build up a bar to use special skills they offer alone. Then add in the Command spec tree which DOES the same affect. Add in the Pilot tree which has things doing a similar method and add nausea.

So in these cases, they are creating awesome skills that people love to use which are crippling their own server by the amount they are being used by everyone.

Exactly which was my point what is between you and where you are has a impact. I was just trying to point that out perhaps not in the best way. As far as command ships it not that different then Rom shipd building Sing power which is grown or drained by use of systems or skills unique to Rom ships there is a always a check going on this.
  • sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited May 2015
    For those who still think it's graphics card or ISP issues...

If it was FPS lag caused by the gfx card not being able to handle the load, then we would see a drop in FPS that effects everything on screen. In all the videos you can clearly see this is not the case, I'm able to move my mouse, click on abilities, even type in chat while rubber banding/stuttering.

If it was gfx lag then the whole screen would be locking up.

Regarding ISP issues; this is highly illogical. You can see from the chat windows that where open that pretty much everyone in both instances where having the same lag issues, even further; the videos provided where recorded by people in Australia, the UK, and Canada. The rest of the teams where from all over the world.

It's just not feasible to have all 20 people from around the globe in both instances have bad ISPs. what are the odds of that? Not one person from both those runs has come out and said they didn't have lag. Every single person had the same exact lag.

Finally, the last nail in the coffin, look at the end of the videos at the Leave timer (especially the SB24 video). Look at how the timer freezes for long periods then jumps while there is still action going on the screen. This is a server side issue, not related to graphics or any network.

So what we have here is Cryptic is selling us defective merchandise.

A lot of players have lost faith in the quality of any future products from cryptic. Are they going to sell us more ships and abilities that cause lag???

Even if the new products do not generate any extra lag; what would be the point of buying new ships and abilities if they cannot be used? Seriously look at the videos, this has been my (and many others) game for months with no end in sight. Why would i spend anymore real money on a new ship that i wouldn't be able to use except in a few limited locations in the game?

Sure the issues don't affect everyone, but they can affect anyone at anytime and place in the game. The lag is getting worse and more and more players are getting affected as this issue continues month after month.

Enough is enough, stop telling us that you have people working on it; i don't care about words. I only care about results.

In any case, we have a lot more lag showcase videos in the work, not just space but ground also. Prepare yourselves.
  • jaymclaughlinjaymclaughlin Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Actually, if you skip this video to around 8:30, you'll see a major lag spike, and then someone types into chat "packet loss of 80,000".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3WuWM0so58

Surely that shows that it wasn't a graphics issue on just mine and Sarcasmdetector's end.
    animated.gif
  • pigeonofclaypigeonofclay Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Welcome to "Net Neutrality"! Lag for everyone! :D
  • earwigvr6earwigvr6 Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sadly guys this just falls on the ears of people who just have no interest in fixing anything.

I created a thread about boycotting the new ships which was swiftly locked by a Mod, just as I thought it would be.

I understand that the gfx designers don't have anything to do with fixing the lag, I'm really not that much of an idiot, but when the game is in such a horrible and unplayable state it's nothing but a total kick in the face to be rubbing new ships in our faces whilst at the same time doing next to nothing about the lag issues.

Surely the cleverest thing to do would be to put the new things you are trying to sell "On Hold" until the game is in a playable state ?

What is going on is only alienating the players and pushing them away.

The sad fact is that the people that seem most affected by this are the higher level players. The ones that spend money on the new ships, that buy ships just for the traits and so on.

I have been unable to play this game for such a long time now that I have pretty much decided that I will no longer put any money into this game.

I really don't see the point since I cannot really play it. I cannot use any of the things that I have bought ! If other people actually did the same maybe they would sit up and take a bit of notice ? Since money really is all they seem to care about :confused:
  • ovrkylovrkyl Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\█████>ping patchserver.crypticstudios.com

Pinging patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41] with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 208.95.185.41: bytes=32 time=98ms TTL=47
    Reply from 208.95.185.41: bytes=32 time=96ms TTL=47
    Reply from 208.95.185.41: bytes=32 time=94ms TTL=47
    Reply from 208.95.185.41: bytes=32 time=101ms TTL=47

Ping statistics for 208.95.185.41:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 94ms, Maximum = 101ms, Average = 97ms

C:\Users\█████>tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms ██.█.█.█
    2 9 ms 12 ms 12 ms ██.███.██.██
    3 50 ms 15 ms 8 ms xe-1-0-0-0-sur03.longview.wa.bverton.comcast.net [68.87.216.241]
    4 11 ms 9 ms 9 ms ae-2-0-sur04.longview.wa.bverton.comcast.net [68.87.222.206]
    5 13 ms 11 ms 14 ms ae-56-0-ar03.troutdale.or.bverton.comcast.net [68.87.222.209]
    6 20 ms 28 ms 16 ms he-0-4-0-2-11-cr02.seattle.wa.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.90.213]
    7 17 ms 18 ms 15 ms he-0-12-0-1-pe04.seattle.wa.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.82.230]
    8 17 ms 17 ms 18 ms as174.seattle.wa.ibone.comcast.net [66.208.228.110]
    9 280 ms 44 ms 39 ms be2085.ccr21.slc01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.2.198]
    10 67 ms 75 ms 371 ms be2126.ccr21.den01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.25.65]
    11 272 ms 77 ms 67 ms be2128.ccr21.mci01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.25.174]
    12 69 ms 69 ms 68 ms be2156.ccr41.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.6.86]
    13 87 ms 74 ms 77 ms be2351.ccr21.cle04.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.44.86]
    14 92 ms 131 ms 88 ms be2009.ccr21.alb02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.25.89]
    15 97 ms 115 ms 391 ms be2299.ccr21.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.43.9]
    16 96 ms 100 ms 117 ms te0-0-1-0.rcr11.b002133-1.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.46.134]
    17 104 ms 94 ms 101 ms 38.111.40.114
    18 91 ms 390 ms 91 ms patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

Trace complete.
    Ping and tracert performed while frozen in combat at Memba III playing story mission on KDF-aligned Rom character, resulting in DC after "server not responding" repeatedly and for long durations. See? It's not "us". It's "you", Cryptic/IMPerfect World. And this is using your own suggested methods (ping, tracert) with your own criteria (>180).

It's not even an STF with a ton of mobs.
    It's not even a team mission.
    It's one character against 1-3 enemies in space. That's it. And it's lagalicious.

I won't even go into Herald ground fights...:mad:

Not to mention when you claim it's our ISP or our computers or someone else's network (anyone but YOU), you fail to see that, while we're lagging or rubberbanding or being DCed from the game, we're coming on to this forum to complain about it and not having any issues whatsoever with lag or connectivity. And it's YOUR forum (just not the game).

The game is broken. Quit adding new content.

FIX.

THE.

GAME.

FYI, I'm not a F2Per. I paid to play, not to lag.
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    edited May 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REsYV5Ol9Ow

Recorded on 5th May 2015 at 0700 Australian Central Time.

In support of this thread this is a lag free Battle of Korfez. As any player of STO who regularly plays Korfez knows, this map has a particular problem with lag when maxed out builds are on the map and especially when Command Ships (with their Inspiration Generating Ability) and/or the recently added Command Specialization Tree are present and active.

This video is a PUG Battle of Korfez containing the following player's starships:

1) Andorian Charal T5-U Escort (Piloted by me)
    2) Wells Temporal Science Vessel T5-U
    3) Long Range Science Vessel - Intrepid Class
    4) Risian Corvette T5-U
    5) Intel Phantom Escort T6

As far as starship traits go, I was running Pedal to the Metal, Reciprocity, All Hands on Deck and Supremacy. The Wells was running at least Pedal to the Metal and Supremacy.

There was no command tree active on the map and I only have a partial intel/pilot tree completed on this character.

The other thing to note is the number of ability/buff/debuff flags. The number of flags I have is a typical number for max build players. The Temporal Science ship is also a maxed out build and has a similar number of flags. The Risian Corvette has fewer still, the Phantom even less again and is the average amount a new or casual player would have. And finally, the Intrepid has little to no flags.

We observe lag when there are Command Ships in the queue, the Command Spec tree is being used by someone (meaning 3 active trees in the one instance) and when all 5 players have all their abilities/buffs/debuffs active which can be 25+ flags each. So for example, a 5 scimitar PVE could have in excess of 125-150 active flags. This is a lot of calculations and polling for the game server to do to the players in that match. The Command Ship/Tree compounds this problem. But in this Korfez, less than half the number of flags are active.

This therefore, supports our assertions as well as the Devs explanation to the community on the issue. This is also a possible reason why players like Plasmanugget say they have no lag (no, thats ok mate. I'll bring your proof for you. I hope it doesn't make you sick) as those players don't have resource intensive builds.

Regards,

Snipey47a

P.S. Sorry for the sloppy piloting... I've grown so used to the lag that I was having trouble adjusting to the smoothness & speed lol
  • ovrkylovrkyl Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    snipey47a wrote: »
    This therefore, supports our assertions as well as the Devs explanation to the community on the issue. This is also a possible reason why players like Plasmanugget say they have no lag (no, thats ok mate. I'll bring your proof for you. I hope it doesn't make you sick) as those players don't have resource intensive builds.
    Unfortunately, your example holds no water as the ever-increasing occurences of lag/rubberbanding/DC extend beyond these example STFs that you all are posting (hence my post just before yours).

I wasn't in an STF, normal, advanced, or elite. I wasn't in a multi-player instance. I was on my Lieutenant-11 KDF character in a solo-player story mission with no more than 3 active mobs at any one time, and I was stuttering and bouncing all over the place. It has been like this all day (that I've been playing the game). It doesn't require an STF, multiple players, a high volume of traits or buffs, or a complicated build to trip up the game server.

Pings and tracerts can be horrendous at sometimes and beautiful at others and it doesn't seem to matter anymore. Login timeouts, long character load times, "server not responding" over and over and extending sometimes more than 5 minutes, all point to a serious problem within the game itself, not networks or player PCs. I can play any other game, MMO or otherwise, surf the 'net, stream video, anything and be perfectly fine, even post on these forums, but as soon as I get into the game...LLLAAAGGG...

The game is broken. It has had terrible lag and DC issues since the WW and it's gotten continuously worse with every new development in the game. It has nothing to do with STFs or builds. It's making players, F2P and paying alike, angry and ready to quit. It's been months of talk by the devs and CMs but very little visible effort taken to improve the situation. All we seem to see is more content released to cover the cracks, and the cracks are getting bigger all the time.

If I didn't know better (well, I don't know better, in fact, I honestly think...), I'd think the devs and CMs really just don't give a damn about their own game and have no pride (shame) in the (lack of) quality in their work.

No amount of Pledge is going to cover up the big growing crack in the dinner table. Eventually, people are going to eat elsewhere.
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The lag has gotten so bad of late that i dont even play STO as much as in the past that along with other issues has made me start looking elsewhere for gaming enjoyment.

Cryptic with the release of DR showed the path they were taking STO and with each subsaquent patch and expansion things will just continue down this path.

Ive wondered why and my conclusion and i know it wont be a popular is they are trying to get as much money in the shortest span of time possible wont suprise me this game shuts down on the 50th anniversary of trek imo.
This discussion has been closed.