What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account Server Login Issues

Comments

• Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It looks like the issues that were hitting STO have stopped. Welcome back Captains. Shields are back up, and the Warp Core is online.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    And do NOT even get her started on the guy they've got working on the gravity problem, talk about a control freak ...
    Bob? Yeah, he brings everyone down.
  • Options
    gavriil1983gavriil1983 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It looks like the issues that were hitting STO have stopped. Welcome back Captains. Shields are back up, and the Warp Core is online.

on the plus side, I had time to make coffee.
  • Options
    thecloudwilliamthecloudwilliam Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is getting old really, really fast. I was looking forward to season 10, now its the 23rd and still haven't gotten to even see anything of the changes. It's frustrating to say the least.

Good Luck in fixing this, its sadly comforting to know its not just me having the issue.
  • Options
    mindstorm2500mindstorm2500 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    v.annoying having to verify all files over and over....
  • Options
    spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just got kicked after about 15 seconds of one of the new Queues - I don't remember what it's called - the Qo'nos Space one.

SNR x 3 then, goodbye.

I'll check back in a few hours. I've got some MiGs to kill.
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Alright. I'm putting on my battle garb now.
  • Options
    anyonkaanyonka Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    v.annoying having to verify all files over and over....

you don't have to just press cancel. Not saying you should be able to log in though, I keep getting DC'd :D
  • Options
    arthour07arthour07 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Any ideas on what the techs broke?
    I like shooting tings in mah flyfly space boat <3
  • Options
    drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not sure if someones already mentioned this.

None of my characters can beam to Qo'nos.

Currently I have x3 stuck there and if I try loading them get crash to desktop. (Characters: Qeng, Raytheon, Hesiod)

I've also logged a ticket.
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    arthour07 wrote: »
    Any ideas on what the techs broke?

My money is either the gonculator or the dip-gyro.
  • Options
    chuckylove713chuckylove713 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    man, DC'd 5 tiimes since the patch today..what in the world is going on..i would like to play sometime today...:mad:
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    anyonka wrote: »
    you don't have to just press cancel. Not saying you should be able to log in though, I keep getting DC'd :D

lol aye aye, hey anya, me too. Game streams for like 30 seconds then i get booted.

Shaka, when the walls (STO client) fell...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    My money is either the gonculator or the dip-gyro.

Hah XD

Ohh, while I think of it. Now that I'm finally loading the game.....
    Who else gets up to the Star Trek Online, The Iconian War loading page (Right after the Crypric one, with the bar at the bottom of the page) And gets hit with stone wall when the program stops/starts responding repeatedly for 10-15 mins? And then, either gets into the character selection page, or gets logged out due to the server being "Unable to authenticate SomethingSomethingDarkSideSomethingTheForce" ?
  • Options
    benjaminmsbenjaminms Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Something very, very important to be aware of.

Keep in mind that dispersal of labor is not a unified group.
    For instance, our environmental artist isn't going to be allocated to doing bug hunting, simply because that's not what he does. Content designers will be continuing to develop their respective content. Things like login issues and the Direct3d errors are handled by different developers entirely, such as web developers.

I realize that ;)
    It doesn't mean that there won't be new content at all then - but at least instead of developing new systems (like has happened plenty last seasons with the Command/Intel/Command/Pilot stuff etc), fix the ones that already exist.
    nezerol_6601.jpg
  • Options
    minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That does it. I'm calling it now:
    DDoS Attack by KEKsec :mad:
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    arthour07 wrote: »

Who else gets up to the Star Trek Online, The Iconian War loading page (Right after the Crypric one, with the bar at the bottom of the page)

Me.

I'm off to PS3 until this gets fixed.

Darmok at Tinagra.....when the client FAILED!!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    We're looking into the possibility of a DDoS affecting our network connections. We'll update as we have more information.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yaaayyyy, the game seems to be working again now!
    We're looking into the possibility of a DDoS affecting our network connections. We'll update as we have more information.

Thanks for holding our hands through this! :D It's appreciated!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    C:\Users\*****>tracert accounts.crypticstudios.com

Tracing route to accounts.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.165]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 172.16.*.***
    2 8 ms 8 ms 7 ms 7.11.163.49
    3 8 ms 8 ms 10 ms 24.156.149.101
    4 11 ms 11 ms 9 ms gw02.wlfdle-ge7-1-2.mtnk.phub.net.cable.rogers.com [69.63.***.*]
    5 25 ms 25 ms 24 ms 64.71.241.110
    6 25 ms 25 ms 25 ms be812.ccr41.iad02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.11.217]
    7 28 ms 26 ms 27 ms be2112.mpd22.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.5.234]
    8 33 ms 34 ms 33 ms be2151.ccr42.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.40.74]
    9 38 ms 37 ms 38 ms be2096.ccr22.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.30.42]
    10 38 ms 39 ms 38 ms te0-0-0-0.rcr11.b002133-1.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.46.130]
    11 50 ms 49 ms 36 ms 38.111.40.114
    12 39 ms 36 ms 37 ms accounts.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.165]

Trace complete.

Been getting "server not responding" and getting booted over and over in the last 10 minutes.
  • Options
    swamp77swamp77 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm using C-Spire Fiber (1gigabit)... from what I can tell I should be able to connect and be okay.. However, I connect and within 2-3 minutes i get the dreaded Red Count-up.... then back to log-in screen.. I even force verifyed several times... I can get in, i just can't stay in... also i noticed the last time I tried, items were beginning to show up in Inventory that I didn't have when the whole mess started..
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Can you look into a kick starter to move away from cogent? ~.^

Trendy, cheers to you for handling all the negativity and frustration around this issue so well.

On the direct3d issue, today's patch reset all my graphics to default, causing this error to return. Had to boot up in safe mode and set to directx9ex; both regular 9 and 11 both caused crashes.

Also, still no way to launch via arc, only steam works and both windowed full and full screen are instantly fatal from directx errors regardless what settings I use.

Windows 8, lenovo y50-70 laptop.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Can you look into a kick starter to move away from cogent? ~.^

Trendy, cheers to you for handling all the negativity and frustration around this issue so well.

On the direct3d issue, today's patch reset all my graphics to default, causing this error to return. Had to boot up in safe mode and set to directx9ex; both regular 9 and 11 both caused crashes.

Also, still no way to launch via arc, only steam works and both windowed full and full screen are instantly fatal from directx errors regardless what settings I use.

Windows 8, lenovo y50-70 laptop.

What is your driver card and which update did you go too?
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited April 2015
    As Stated on the "The Server" thread, I just managed to get in game... successful log on...
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    johngazman wrote: »
    I'd keep that on the down-low. I hear PETA has ears everywhere. :rolleyes:

have they been growing them on tribbles and hamsters too? thought that was still in the mice phase.
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    As Stated on the "The Server" thread, I just managed to get in game... successful log on...

so it is up? or do you log in and then crash?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Due to the nature of the situation, while Holodeck does seem to be available, we will be heavily monitoring it.
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited April 2015
    swamp77 wrote: »
    so it is up? or do you log in and then crash?

It's been... 25-30mins I think... no crash yet... so I think its ok... for now...
  • Options
    minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That does it. I'm calling it now:
    DDoS Attack by KEKsec :mad:

Called the DDoS. Now to see if KEKsec claims responsibility.
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Something very, very important to be aware of.

Keep in mind that dispersal of labor is not a unified group.
    For instance, our environmental artist isn't going to be allocated to doing bug hunting, simply because that's not what he does. Content designers will be continuing to develop their respective content. Things like login issues and the Direct3d errors are handled by different developers entirely, such as web developers.

The overwhelming (and wrong) opinion of a lot of people is that your environmental artist shouldn't 'waste time' doing environments, and should instead be bug hunting, even if he doesn't know how to code, and would slow down, wreck, or make worse any bug hunting effort by virtue of his participation.

This is because they have an internally global defintion of 'game dev' which, if you exposed it to reality, would be some sort of super omni-competent worker who is capable of doing literally everything him or herself.

Thus when they hear "A dev is working on maps." they think "That dev could be just as effective working on bugs, why are they ignoring bugs!" and they get into this huge echo chamber fit about how people who aren't bug hunting programmers should be bug hunting because more is better and all devs are omnicompetent at all areas of expertise.