What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account Server Login Issues

Comments

• Options
    gamming4life1gamming4life1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i have been waiting for ages ur ticket team not writing back to me and live chat is useless
  • Options
    meathead013meathead013 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    finally tried the safe mode thing and no luck. same fatal error

so thanks to the ppl offering suggestions and instruction. looks like i will be hoping for a patch fix like everybody else

oh well ive been thinking about finally trying elder scrolls online so i guess nows the time
  • Options
    intrepid31intrepid31 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I finally got in and was able to run the game. I had to do both of the tips offered. I will try to find them and repost them.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Stage 1 - Launcher - Options - Safe Mode

Stage 2 - Once logged into the game, options - set up your graphics prefs as usual, do not 'lower' them, that's not the problem. when setting up the options, make sure the mode is set to 'windowed' not 'windowed full screen' or 'full screen'[

Stage 3 - Exit the game while making sure the window is NOT maximized

Stage 4 - re-launch/login as usual, once at the char selection screen you can maximize the window for normal play.

Stage 5 - Un maximize the window before quiting.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    If you are experiencing any of the DirectX errors mentioned in the previous posts, do the following.

1) Go to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113

2) Scroll down to the section on the page that reads "Install DirectX End-User Runtime if your application or game requires an earlier version of DirectX"

3) Click the link for "DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer"

4) On the page that opens, follow the installation intructions

This helped a bunch of people in my fleets.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I got those tips from: demonicaesthetic and richardcranium63 I thank you both.
  • Options
    lmsapsin34474lmsapsin34474 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Howdy,
    I have tried those tips that you all have mentioned still don't work 2 days now come one get it working. I am a Fleet Leader my Fleet needs me!
  • Options
    cristonic2cristonic2 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    you realize how sick I am of reading that. You are well enough off as a game to get the server issue fixed....Might I suggest you do so before you loose important players:mad:
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey everyone, I sent off another batch of player reported data to the team. Hopefully this'll help speed things along.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hey everyone, I sent off another batch of player reported data to the team. Hopefully this'll help speed things along.

Howdy,
    Lets hope starting to get annoyied!
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Howdy,
    I have tried those tips that you all have mentioned still don't work 2 days now come one get it working. I am a Fleet Leader my Fleet needs me!

Well, have you tried using a different launcher? Like switch to steam if you use arc or the original launcher. Or (I'm sorry for suggesting it) try arc if you use steam?

I had been using arc but a few patches post delta rising it just decided to not work no matter what I tried. I tried installing and booting via steam and have been playing that way ever since. Previously I had used the Mac launcher, but it stopped working and that's when I started using arc.

Might help, might not. It's at least worth a shot.
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I will admit that I am a bit not looking forward to trying to get in game after hearing what other people are experiencing. Its one thing to experience this with a new game, but one that has been running for more than five years?

It almost like "Here's your new season, heeeeeere's your sign..."
  • Options
    richardewirichardewi Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My IP: 192.168.15.43

C:\Users\Richardewi>tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 2 ms 3 ms 2 ms clearspot [192.168.15.1]
    2 * * * Request timed out.
    3 83 ms 54 ms 44 ms 10.41.233.225
    4 84 ms 84 ms 49 ms 71.22.6.205
    5 * * * Request timed out.
    6 92 ms 85 ms 48 ms Cogent-level3-6x10G.Dallas1.Level3.net [4.68.111
    .102]
    7 91 ms 50 ms 52 ms be2032.ccr22.dfw01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.6.
    53]
    8 161 ms 70 ms 58 ms be2146.ccr22.iah01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.25
    .241]
    9 102 ms 125 ms 118 ms be2173.ccr42.atl01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.29
    .117]
    10 118 ms 117 ms 119 ms be2169.ccr22.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.31
    .98]
    11 123 ms 133 ms 134 ms be2149.ccr42.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.31
    .126]
    12 130 ms 149 ms 123 ms be2096.ccr22.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.30
    .42]
    13 128 ms 124 ms 159 ms te0-0-0-0.rcr11.b002133-1.bos01.atlas.cogentco.c
    om [154.54.46.130]
    14 101 ms 124 ms 144 ms 38.111.40.114
    15 129 ms 134 ms 144 ms patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com [208.95.18
    5.41]

Trace complete.
  • Options
    sarosssaross Member Posts: 248 Media Corps
    edited April 2015
    richardewi wrote: »
    My IP: 192.168.15.43.

That's a private IP Address. In particular a Class C private address which is only used internally. So in their testing it won't help them out all that much. They will only be able to speculate what ISP you use.
    Need help with a mission to beat it? Visit http://pilotreviewshow.com to learn how we can help!

Top DPS 102k
  • Options
    richardcranium63richardcranium63 Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    intrepid31 wrote: »
    If you are experiencing any of the DirectX errors mentioned in the previous posts, do the following.

1) Go to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113

2) Scroll down to the section on the page that reads "Install DirectX End-User Runtime if your application or game requires an earlier version of DirectX"

3) Click the link for "DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer"

4) On the page that opens, follow the installation intructions

This helped a bunch of people in my fleets.

Good luck!

Hey! No ripping off my comments! LOL!

I forgot to mention that if you can get in under Safe Mode to switch DirectX to 9 rather than 11.
    RichardCranium63
    Fed/Vulcan: T'jar Voltek Fleet: Section 31
    Fed/Andorian: Lissan Ek'Noor sh'Aqabaa Fleet: Section 31
    KDF/Cardi: K'Im Qah da Sian Fleet: Klingon Intelligence
    KDF/Reman: R'Chras Jonzor Fleet: Klingon Intelligence
  • Options
    richardewirichardewi Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Here is my correct IP address. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Well, have you tried using a different launcher? Like switch to steam if you use arc or the original launcher. Or (I'm sorry for suggesting it) try arc if you use steam?

I had been using arc but a few patches post delta rising it just decided to not work no matter what I tried. I tried installing and booting via steam and have been playing that way ever since. Previously I had used the Mac launcher, but it stopped working and that's when I started using arc.

Might help, might not. It's at least worth a shot.

i admittedly am afraid of doing that before this issue is resolved but perhaps you are right. why not. gonna give it a shot now

so far its one tenth of the way thru the patch. lol wish me luck
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Having Ping Spikes, in-game only.

Everything else is running smoothly.

Trace Route and Pathping Data 4/22/15 8:24 PM EDT

http://pastebin.com/5ZLDPGf0
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    if theres one thing ive learned through all this its that you cant play skyrim while waiting to patch a new sto installation on steam because it will halt the patch

thats pretty much it
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Howdy all,
    Well 2 days and unable to play it is starting to get a little old. I have complained several times about it and I have tried all the suggestions and still nothing. I start the game like normal starts fine until the Iconian War Logo then at bottom of the screen it says Material Files Reloaded. I have uninstalled ARC and reinstalled and also tried Launcher by itself. I have also tried Force Verify and Safe Mode. Every time it crashes on the Iconion War Logo I see server going down again tomorrow but no mention of this. I am Fleet Leader of Task Force 415 it is unfair I and others can not get into game since Season 10 started. So if you all could fix this I know I would be happy.

Admiral Lee Sapsin
    Task Force 415
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i admittedly am afraid of doing that before this issue is resolved but perhaps you are right. why not. gonna give it a shot now

so far its one tenth of the way thru the patch. lol wish me luck

*crosses fingers, toes, and eyes for good luck*

And, ya, online games + downloads = trouble. Try consoles.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    well thanks for crossing your toes but the attempted switch to steam made no diff, same exact error at the same exact time

looks like the fix is going to have to come from cryptics end for me
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    so im thinking of trying a complete os reinstall. i do that every six months or so anyway just to clean the accumulated garbage out

my only issue is i dont know how savegames are handled here. is my character and status saved someplace other than my harddrive? iow, if i just wipe the harddrive and reinstall the os will i lose my place in the game? do i have to save my local files beforehand? if so where are they stored?
  • Options
    sirlion03sirlion03 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have a problem when trying to open the game. Tried using the Arc and Steam, I get the same problem. When I try to open the game, it tries to update the cryptic launcher and after trying for 23 times, it stops and a warning pops up, that says "Unable to establish connection to Patch server. Please check your Internet connection. If the problem persist, please contact Technical Support." I tried re-installing the game both on Arc and Steam, I tried opening the file while both platforms down, I get the same problem over and over again. The problem started after the first season 10 update, I haven't even got the chance to patch the game yet. Please help.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    this site wont let me post a new thread SO WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION HERE

where are savegames or whatever stored? if i wipe my harddrive right now and reinstall everything, will i lose my sto characters and my place in the game? if so, how do i backup/restore my game data?

thanks
  • Options
    thecloudwilliamthecloudwilliam Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I want to play season 10 ... been playing since beginning of this one, and now I cannot play. I patch then try to load then crashes again and again
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    this site wont let me post a new thread SO WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION HERE

where are savegames or whatever stored? if i wipe my harddrive right now and reinstall everything, will i lose my sto characters and my place in the game? if so, how do i backup/restore my game data?

thanks
    Characters are saved on the great cloud in the sky.
    You can use a completely different computer, and so long as you login with the same credentials you'll be able to access your Captains.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Characters are saved on the great cloud in the sky.
    You can use a completely different computer, and so long as you login with the same credentials you'll be able to access your Captains.

thank you

so off to spend a few hours moving all my data to my external drive then reinstalling the os

see yall tomorrow and hopefully inside sto this time
  • Options
    thecloudwilliamthecloudwilliam Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I want to play season 10 ... been playing since beginning of this one, and now I cannot play. I patch then try to load then crashes again and again

it happened again, did every thing I saw to fix, but still cannot get into game ... ARGH!!!!
  • Options
    j4y14ndj4y14nd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Howdy all,
    Well 2 days and unable to play it is starting to get a little old. I have complained several times about it and I have tried all the suggestions and still nothing. I start the game like normal starts fine until the Iconian War Logo then at bottom of the screen it says Material Files Reloaded. I have uninstalled ARC and reinstalled and also tried Launcher by itself. I have also tried Force Verify and Safe Mode. Every time it crashes on the Iconion War Logo I see server going down again tomorrow but no mention of this. I am Fleet Leader of Task Force 415 it is unfair I and others can not get into game since Season 10 started. So if you all could fix this I know I would be happy.

Admiral Lee Sapsin
    Task Force 415

i have the same problem and not sure what to try now