edited April 2015
    j4y14nd wrote: »
    i have the same problem and not sure what to try now

same here and it is starting to get OLD
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    thank you

so off to spend a few hours moving all my data to my external drive then reinstalling the os

see yall tomorrow and hopefully inside sto this time

Believe me, if your captain info was stored on your computer the cheating would be uncontrollable.

Now there ARE some things stored on your computer, like your saved costumes and screenshots. Might wanna save those.
  • Options
    vorlonangelvorlonangel Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    same here and it is starting to get OLD

OK, on the day of launch I tried logging in and it was a mess so I gave up after 4 tries. Yesterday, I was able to get to my characters screen and tried again, and again and again with no success. Then I tried another chartacter and got on. Here is where it gets strange. I only needed to get some DOFF missions submitted and continue my R&D progress on each of my 10 toons, nothing more. I was able to accomplish this with 9 of the 10 toons and then BAM, it kicked me out again with a CRASH. It was the same toon that kept crashing and then I remembered it was the same toon the night before that kept crashing when attempting to load her character all four times. Has anyone had this happen to them where all but one toon is working and that ONE keeps crashing before it can fully load? It is very frustrating and it all began the day Season 10 launched. Any ideas???:eek:
  • Options
    arthour07arthour07 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    In regards to the Fatal Error: Direct3D driver errors, the team is currently investigating and are continuing to work towards a fix.

Awesome, cos I've been hitting that wall ever since the last update in Season 9. The last patch they did today doesn't seem to have done anything to fix it
    I like shooting tings in mah flyfly space boat <3
  • Options
    polethpoleth Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i was logged in and in the middle of a mission. the server botted me. NOW im having issues logging in. was just fine till a few minutes ago.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Looking into the SNRs that people are getting. I just got booted too.
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    In regards to the Fatal Error: Direct3D driver errors, the team is currently investigating and are continuing to work towards a fix.

About time! :D

I have been getting these issues for some time. I would also have to say around Season 9. From what I have read, it seems to have to do with DirectX 9. I really hope they finally fix this issue. For me, I would get Pixel Shader errors.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    pwouttaammopwouttaammo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Obviously servers are down.. Please stand by and think Happy Thoughts :):eek::mad:
  • Options
    benjaminmsbenjaminms Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Quite interesting re D3D - it ONLY regularly crashes for me when I'm on DX11 - when I'm on DX9, I'm all right mostly (some crashes because the game really needs a good season of patching).
    Re SNR - I noticed that *grumble* Suddenly got kicked out during the second FE.
    nezerol_6601.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015

While you're there, Trendy!! I saw your Doctor Who reference the other day, very nice! Also, I like how fast you get back to people in the forums, I Moderate on a forum myself, and you get a hell of alot more replies to keep track of then we do! :D

And to end, did they bring the servers down again? I couldn't even log in 5 mins ago, and I'm currently verifying files...
  • Options
    sitaillyriasitaillyria Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Microsoft Windows [version 6.1.7601]
    cancelled
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    We're looking into the issue. The team is pooling together solutions. What hit the connection, also bonked Neverwinter and Champions.
  • Options
    renner64renner64 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015

and it takes you not being able to play to notice. wheres the axe another one for the chopping block,say hello to smirk.
  • Options
    kawasakizx10rrkawasakizx10rr Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Its back up :)
    yEt6JSa.gifMEANWHILE AT THE CRYPTIC HEADQUARTERS
  • Options
    cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey Trendy, any particular thread tracerts should be posted to?
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    SNR - chat was fine. Exited. Now back to taking 4 times trying to connect on average and then a blank Launcher window with 'Loading Please Wait..."

Tracert to patchserver:
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\***>tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms dsldevice.attlocal.net [192.168.1.254]
    2 20 ms 19 ms 19 ms 23-114-212-2.lightspeed.irvnca.sbcglobal.net [23.114.***.***]
    3 22 ms 21 ms 22 ms 75.20.0.202
    4 23 ms 23 ms 24 ms 12.83.38.157
    5 24 ms 30 ms 23 ms 12.123.132.137
    6 23 ms 22 ms 23 ms be3013.ccr23.lax05.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.13.149]
    7 22 ms 24 ms 24 ms be2179.ccr22.lax01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.41.81]
    8 60 ms 61 ms 59 ms be2066.ccr22.iah01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.7.53]
    9 72 ms 73 ms 72 ms be2173.ccr42.atl01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.29.117]
    10 88 ms 89 ms 88 ms be2169.ccr22.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.31.98]
    11 89 ms 90 ms 89 ms be2149.ccr42.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.31.126]
    12 96 ms 95 ms 96 ms be2096.ccr22.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.30.42]
    13 97 ms 97 ms 97 ms te0-0-0-0.rcr11.b002133-1.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.46.130]
    14 * * 154 ms 38.111.40.114
    15 * * 149 ms xboxpatchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

Trace complete.

C:\Users\***r>

Tracert to account server:
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\***>tracert accounts.crypticstudios.com

Tracing route to accounts.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.165]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms dsldevice.attlocal.net [192.168.1.254]
    2 20 ms 18 ms 19 ms 23-114-212-2.lightspeed.irvnca.sbcglobal.net [23.114.***.***]
    3 21 ms 21 ms 20 ms 75.20.0.202
    4 22 ms 23 ms 24 ms 12.83.38.153
    5 23 ms 24 ms 23 ms 12.123.132.137
    6 23 ms 23 ms 23 ms be3013.ccr23.lax05.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.13.149]
    7 23 ms 22 ms 23 ms be2179.ccr22.lax01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.41.81]
    8 59 ms 59 ms 59 ms be2066.ccr22.iah01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.7.53]
    9 71 ms 72 ms 71 ms be2173.ccr42.atl01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.29.117]
    10 88 ms 88 ms 89 ms be2169.ccr22.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.31.98]
    11 89 ms 89 ms 89 ms be2149.ccr42.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.31.126]
    12 96 ms 95 ms 96 ms be2096.ccr22.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.30.42]
    13 97 ms 97 ms 96 ms te0-0-0-0.rcr11.b002133-1.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.46.130]
    14 97 ms 107 ms 108 ms 38.111.40.114
    15 96 ms 96 ms 96 ms accounts.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.165]

Trace complete.

C:\Users\***>
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Its back up :)

Hurrah! Maybe I can get back to working on my Delta Recruit again..
  • Options
    darthraiderxxxdarthraiderxxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Time to rename Season 10 into the Cogentcoian War:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    It looks like the issue is starting to subside. We're still checking it over.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    "Unable to connect to account server (3)"

v.v
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    renner64 wrote: »
    and it takes you not being able to play to notice. wheres the axe another one for the chopping block,say hello to smirk.
    Actually, much akin to the login issues that I've been tracking and the Direct3D issues that have been crashing players, I have been actively monitoring them and constantly sending back data to the teams. Just like this dropped accessibility to Boston for our playerbase including Neverwinter and Champions, it is another thing I am monitoring and have been tracking including the now subsequent end of issue.

You can enjoy the chopping block instead though. Goodbye.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Another hit to starboard shields. Captains, Red-Alert. Evasive maneuvers.

This one is a mean one.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Another hit to starboard shields. Captains, Red-Alert. Evasive maneuvers.

This one is a mean one.

Did something knock out the Patch Server?
  • Options
    sarge4idsarge4id Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I take it those of you that just posted your IP on the forums here are just asking to be TRIBBLE by some bored hacker. There are few rules for internet interaction and information: 1. Don't share login details especially your children, Don't give out your credit card #, bank account info, social security #, phone #, date of birth, name of the bank you use, your home address, IP address open ports, proxy server info, and the type of firewall and anti-virus software you are using unless you are 100% certain that the people you're giving the info too can be trusted.

Just getting one or two items of the above info could allow someone to steal your identity, possibly crack your login and password details. Make payments using your name and address, have telemarketers hound you to death (by far the worst), hack your computer and steal above information.

Never use the same login name and password for things you use often: Email, Work Computer, Home Computer, custom PIN #'s, Master Passwords that unlock other login info for conveince, online banking or financial transactions (paypal or online bank access), your login name and password for STO and any other games.

We like to choose passwords and login names that we can remember easily and quickly. Birthdates, Year of graduation, Home Address number, part of a phone number, nicknames, family or friend names and birthdates etc., the car you drive, your favorite color or food. Any info that someone, even a family member, knows puts you at risk. With an IP address that some of you listed. I can find the service provider you use, the city and state/country you're in, if I wanted to dig deeper, I could find out your name, then run a paid online record search on you to find out all about you. I could see your military record unless it's sealed or classified, your credit history, whether you've been incarcerated and what you did to get prison time, all kinds of things. I could even come back to STO and tell your fleet you were incarcerated for Crime X and spent X years in prison (But I'm not like that). I could even send you an email and if you were dumb enough you would go to a false website that could be made to look just like STO or your bank, and spoof the email address making it look like I'm PWE or your bank and I need your login to verify you are who you say you are. People fall pray to this trap all the time.

Luckily I don't do things like I mentioned above, but I do know there are a few in this community that would jump at the chance to get some money using your name, or even hijack your STO account, or sign you up to a hundred surveys, magazines, and telemarketers, if they could. If they have your email login and you use a web based email provider such as hotmail or gmail, they can log in your email open the mail cryptic sent them with that verification code, and then enter it from a computer they're using and the system thinks it's really the owner of the account. in this day and age, once you put something out there it's there forever in theory and it almost never can be fully deleted if someone decides to copy it. You have to be very careful now. People that befriend you then want something from you like access to your account to fly one of your ships... Dead give away! They are going to steal your account and take advantage of your trust.

What you should do if you want to help out is private message trendy and send the trace route info that way. Your IP address can be protected and not displayed in public. And if something does happen, you will know who to blame! Just kidding, trendy :P

Be careful people, especially those of you who don't fully realize the potential threats using the internet can pose. Alright, I've done my good deed for the day. Time to go to ESD and find some whiner to troll.
    "Being a troll myself, I classify this malcontent as a Type-2 Oblivious Troll. My reasons for coming to this conclusion are: The annoying colored text he deploys, the contradictory threads he creates, the excessive whining and foot stamping, the amusement factor of his threads, and the apparent lack of realization that he is in fact a troll, like me, and is not the heart broken, victimized, player, he sees himself as."
  • Options
    anyonkaanyonka Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just keep getting disconnected. I hope it get sorted soon.
  • Options
    benjaminmsbenjaminms Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Trendy, mind to suggest to the Leads to ask PWE for at least 1 season which is primarly focused on bugsquashing/patching...
    While this seems at least from the outside an stand-alone issue (although SNRs etc happen way too often), a lot of others are not and with each season a lot of new bugs get noticed but never fixed. The game is standing on a mountain of unsolved bugs, and just something has to happen to make the game crash. Which is why my belief is also that Direct3D errors are more frequent... DirectX also has been an imperfect tech (which is why I'm glad the rise of AMD's Mantle and the fusion of Mantle and OpenGL gives rise to a new good alternative which also happens to be able to go cross-OS), and never was 100% stable.

Edit: corrected an spelling issue. It's late....
    nezerol_6601.jpg
  • Options
    woodyvalleywoodyvalley Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If it helps.

I try to log in and it crashed/ dc'd on me. So I gave my PC a restart and let it do a force verify, I was able to log in.

I always did this when having login problems after patching. Even in the Atari ownership days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    benjaminms wrote: »
    Trendy, mind to suggest to the Leads to ask PWE for at least 1 season which is primarly focused on bugsquashing/patching...
    While this seems at least from the outside an stand-alone issue (although SNRs etc happen way too often), a lot of others are not and with each season a lot of new bugs get noticed but never fixed. The game is standing on a mountain of unsolved bugs, and just something has to happen to make the game crash. Which is why my belief is also that Direct3D errors are more frequent... DirectX also has been an imperfect tech (which is why I'm glad the rise of AMD's Mantle and the fusion of Mantle and OpenGL gives rise to a new good alternative which also happens to be able to go cross-OS), and never was 100% stable.

I'll Second this! Great idea!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    benjaminms wrote: »

Something very, very important to be aware of.

Keep in mind that dispersal of labor is not a unified group.
    For instance, our environmental artist isn't going to be allocated to doing bug hunting, simply because that's not what he does. Content designers will be continuing to develop their respective content. Things like login issues and the Direct3d errors are handled by different developers entirely, such as web developers.
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Something very, very important to be aware of.

Keep in mind that dispersal of labor is not a unified group.
    For instance, our environmental artist isn't going to be allocated to doing bug hunting, simply because that's not what he does. Content designers will be continuing to develop their respective content. Things like login issues and the Direct3d errors are handled by different developers entirely, such as web developers.

And do NOT even get her started on the guy they've got working on the gravity problem, talk about a control freak ...