test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online: Rebirth

Comments

• subzer0d1videsubzer0d1vide Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think the biggest joke is that Arc is trying its best to get me to play Star Conflict!

Really guys? I'm already playing one MMO (tons of time and money invested), which is about to start a new campaign, followed closely by another and I have time to start all over with a new MMO, how?:confused:
    --

"The higher the fewer."
  • idkodeidkode Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Seriously? :D
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We're pleased to announce the official launch of Star Trek Online: Rebirth on our Redshirt server! Come join the fun and nostalgia!

How long will it be up there? It's gonna take a long time to download I fear.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • sarreoussarreous Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Been too long since the last server reset. Some players have gotten so powerful that no one can possibly catch up. If we had a reset once every, say, three months?, I think that would work. They should also set challenges for each time with rewards that carry over. For example, if someone plays through all of the episodes before Delta Rising, they get access to a special t1 ship. Include Delta Rising, and get a permanent experience boost.

So, question...will the code on my retail copy still work? Or will that even be necessary? I just want to make sure that I'll still have my promotional items when the new round starts.
  • cers001cers001 Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Old STF's oh yeah (I know its an april fools) but come on put the old ones back as a "nightmare" mod?
    CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterprise - A ship so badass it survived John McCain.
  • sychosis99sychosis99 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I honestly wouldn't mind this happening to the live server if we could just keep the Episode missions, Romulan semi faction, and the Oddy uniforms on all the NPC's.

I'd gladly trade in my established characters for a server with no lockboxes, no fleet grinding, and NO HELL LEVELS!!!
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can't get into Redshirt due to an error.

"Unable to start game client: The system cannot find the file specified."

What's up with that?
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sychosis99 wrote: »
    I honestly wouldn't mind this happening to the live server if we could just keep the Episode missions, Romulan semi faction, and the Oddy uniforms on all the NPC's.

I'd gladly trade in my established characters for a server with no lockboxes, no fleet grinding, and NO HELL LEVELS!!!

I would go back to pay to play without the gambling in an instant.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • herbiehdykemanherbiehdykeman Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    entnx01 wrote: »
    I can't get into Redshirt due to an error.

"Unable to start game client: The system cannot find the file specified."

What's up with that?

I got that too , but then I did a force verify and now it is patching along very nicely now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not sure if this is related but I cannot load redshirt.

http://i.imgur.com/iz1B6Ss.png
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    battykoda0 wrote: »

I'll say it again....

I would end up spending more time there than on the holodeck. That was when the game was about content, story, exploration, and most of fun. Not of that grind now for little to no rewards, and grind for rep.

As long as they allow LoR, and the full Klink faction, I would pay a lifetime subscription just for that, even if I couldn't buy anything from the c-store on that server.
    latest?cb=20141230104800&path-prefix=en
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    robdmc wrote: »
    Not sure if this is related but I cannot load redshirt.

http://i.imgur.com/iz1B6Ss.png

Same. /10char

Edit: Now I'm downloading the whole thing again...
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As much as I know this is a AFD joke, in a weird sense, if there *was * a "Retro* server, it would be a good way to showcase where we were, where we are ,and where we are going.

I wouldn't mind putting around old esd for a bit. :)
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have to give the developers kudos for maintaining their sense of humor. A neat, if kinda obvious, April Fool's joke. :)
  • kharliskharlis Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hah! Good one!
  • sychosis99sychosis99 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    battykoda0 wrote: »

Same here! I have a Lifetime sub, and I'd still happily pay a monthly sub, if it meant never exiting ESD to see an armada of enemy alien ships surrounding Earth again.
  • herbiehdykemanherbiehdykeman Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This could be interesting, after all, I didn't start until after it went f2p.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Will the Retro Server go down every Sunday like clock-work?
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • ukadhocratukadhocrat Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Redshirt won't launch from the launcher. Cannot find the file error, like the other guy.
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I actually wish it had been true. the part about red shirt at least . give us another option / shard to play on. modern vrs old school sorta thing.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Give it a moment, then the game add on 3gb
  • grimlock39grimlock39 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Will the PVE Queue be turned off as well?
    If the Rebirth is going to revert back to the Original State, Then the Queue for PVE would Logically be Forfeit.
    there were also enough missions and PVEs for a 3 Cultures to reach, lvl 50 or in this case lvl 60.
  • spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Awesome! Let's do do this.
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
    edited April 2015
    It is now repatching
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I honestly can not wait to see if this actually going to happen. Currently patching Redshirt and it's about 35% and going.

I am going to play it and take into account all the nerf nukes that have been done and try to enjoy the game as it was BEFORE then. Being able to play the game when it was about fun and not grinding will bring funny feelings I haven't felt since.....

Not to mention being able to play the game the way I want to play and not the way Cryptic demands.
    latest?cb=20141230104800&path-prefix=en
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We're having quite a few people patch to Redshirt! We're refreshing our patchers to ensure you can come join the amazing fun! Is that a piece of hull? Is that a Bolian? Be sure to turn up your graphics to a staggering 1280x720!
  • cryvactheblackcryvactheblack Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ha HA ha HA ......April fools .....Ba Humbugg......:eek:

Does this men the klingons will get kick butt ships and totally destroy all others in their way that would be cool.
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I honestly hope this sticks around for a long while, for the lulz if nothing else.
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    We're having quite a few people patch to Redshirt! We're refreshing our patchers to ensure you can come join the amazing fun! Is that a piece of hull? Is that a Bolian? Be sure to turn up your graphics to a staggering 1280x720!
    i don't think my CRT supports that, trendy :(
    edited April 2015
    Will the game recognize my vet status? I would really like to get my 500 emblems.
This discussion has been closed.