What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delta Recruitment - Rewards

Comments

• Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I really dont want to play "Tovan's Tale" again but I also really hate the idea of further inflating the fed numbers... and damn this definitely makes me wanna roll an alt per faction just to see the differences.

come join the Federation...we have Earl Grey Tea
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    sarosssaross Member Posts: 248 Media Corps
    edited March 2015
    Question on the Fleet rewards part...

Is the Delta recruit rewards a one time ordeal or can EACH Delta recruit receive the package.. AKA Join a fleet and level 30 that recruit then gets the following:

"- 500 Fleet Marks - 50,000 Fleet-Only Dilithium - 100 of each Holding Commodity (Spire, Mine, Embassy) ** Note: Reward requires level 30"

Other curious part, what is the 100 of each holding commodity actually referring to? Usable one time items I presume?
    Need help with a mission to beat it? Visit http://pilotreviewshow.com to learn how we can help!

Top DPS 102k
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I really dont want to play "Tovan's Tale" again but I also really hate the idea of further inflating the fed numbers... and damn this definitely makes me wanna roll an alt per faction just to see the differences.

Roll a KDF! There are so many fun aspects to their gameplay.
  • Options
    nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bort, I know this question isn't terribly important to most people, but it is to me. Especially given that the majority of special brudge officers (Photonic, Hierarchy, Reman, Voth most notably) are locked to male and I tend to prefer a female-heavy or evenly-matched crew...

Is the gender of the Photonic BOff selectable?
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    saross wrote: »
    Other curious part, what is the 100 of each holding commodity actually referring to? Usable one time items I presume?

Seems pretty clear that it's the ones you normally have to replicate (or earn through mining doff crits).
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2015
    Question on the Fleet rewards part...

Is the Delta recruit rewards a one time ordeal or can EACH Delta recruit receive the package.. AKA Join a fleet and level 30 that recruit then gets the following:

"- 500 Fleet Marks - 50,000 Fleet-Only Dilithium - 100 of each Holding Commodity (Spire, Mine, Embassy) ** Note: Reward requires level 30"

Each Delta Recruit that reaches this point can claim these rewards.

Spire, Mine and Embassy Provisions are a specific commodity required by these satellite holdings. They usually cost Fleet Credits to acquire, and can be purchased from your Replicator tab.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So the equipment we are getting on level up - we are getting Mk IV/VI/VII/X rank weapons at common quality, with random mods upon quality improvements?

Just trying to figure out how much stuff I need to cut for my DR Twink before Thursday.
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well, Cryptic certainly has gone to some lengths to make STO our principal focus over the next several weeks! The rewards are indeed attractive; I only hope I can keep up with the pace of play...:eek: If I didn't already have 4 characters, I might have considered a Delta recruit for each of my fleets; as it is, I'll be lucky to do maintenance, DOffing, & R&D on the 4 while running the event. Where's my espresso machine...? :o
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Quoted only the true bits.

And again, this is provided that your Recruit completes their faction Tutorial. They aren't *really* a Delta Recruit until they do so.
    Thanks! I edited my post to highlight the correct pick, I hope that will avoid people getting confused or uncertain by skimming the thread.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    but I also really hate the idea of further inflating the fed numbers...

That's like saying you're worried about increasing the mass of the sun...
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    ceekayzero wrote: »
    So the equipment we are getting on level up - we are getting Mk IV/VI/VII/X rank weapons at common quality, with random mods upon quality improvements?

Just trying to figure out how much stuff I need to cut for my DR Twink before Thursday.

The equipment granted by these packs is Purple/VeryRare. Hence having static mods up to that point.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Might have been asked and I just missed it. Do the tiers have to be completed during the delta recruitment event or can they be completed even after the event to grant the reward?
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The equipment granted by these packs is Purple/VeryRare. Hence having static mods up to that point.

Delta recruits get free purples while leveling up??

This just gets better and better.
    nadiezja wrote: »
    Is the gender of the Photonic BOff selectable?

I want to know this too.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

CrtDx2/Pen? Pretty please?
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hmmm... The upper tier rewards could be interesting. All my 16 characters are done with all their Reps, so don't need marks (ok, 3 of them still need a couple more days on Delta Rep, but they have more than enuf marks).

Dil is great, always good.

But really, the thing I need (and I'd be willing to bet it's a "WE NEED") is MORE EXPERIENCE POINTS. And the time spent playing these Recruits is quite specifically taking away from time I'd be playing my existing characters.

The only real thing I need/want for my toons is more Specializaiton Points. For those I need more XP.

I was really hoping you'd throw an XP-Booster or (even just a pack of X-amount of XP) as one of the account wide unlocks. Anything would have been great.

Still, the other rewards aren't nothing. And I can see how they'd add-up and snowball. The Crafting stuff is cool. Can always use more of those goodies.

Overall I guess I'm a little disappointed at the lack of spec-related account-wide boosting, but still think this should be a fun/cool/worthy event!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So long as there isn't some way to abuse this, it looks to be something to entertain your player's time with.

We will have to wait and see, how well this actually goes!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Huh...not bad. Looks like it's time to roll up that serious Klingon tac I've been thinking about for a while. And by "serious" I mean not a contraband farmer in throw away ships and gear. :P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ceekayzero wrote: »
    CrtDx2/Pen? Pretty please?

[PvP DMG]x3. Even the Shields. :p

(But only for you and me. Me, for being a wise-*ss, and you for getting greedy. :) )
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »

That's not a bad idea at all.

Or, for the fleet-only dil stuff, have an option at some point in the future to flick a switch and say that all earnings for a period of time are the fleet-only pools. Advantage would be not having to refine, disadvantage for balance would be the restricted use.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    A few questions that've come up here, to which I cannot completely answer:

1) Can Delta Recruits skip the tutorial?

I don't know, but I'd advise against it, as there is new content for them that outlines the story they are set to experience.

2) Will there be new Species options?

I'm fairly sure that the answer is no, but I cannot say that with 100% certainty.

3) "Miscellaneous Abuse/Exploit Concerns"

We've gone over many, many, many potential exploitative scenarios in preparation for this Event and are confident that the worst offenders have already been worked-around to our satisfaction.

For example (not mentioned in the Blog) -- In order for a character to claim rewards unlocked by a Delta Recruit, they must be at least level 10+.

If anyone finds, or thinks they find, a loophole that can be exploited, feel free to PM the details to me directly.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hmmm... The upper tier rewards could be interesting. All my 16 characters are done with all their Reps, so don't need marks (ok, 3 of them still need a couple more days on Delta Rep, but they have more than enuf marks).

Dil is great, always good.

But really, the thing I need (and I'd be willing to bet it's a "WE NEED") is MORE EXPERIENCE POINTS. And the time spent playing these Recruits is quite specifically taking away from time I'd be playing my existing characters.

The only real thing I need/want for my toons is more Specializaiton Points. For those I need more XP.

I was really hoping you'd throw an XP-Booster or (even just a pack of X-amount of XP) as one of the account wide unlocks. Anything would have been great.

Still, the other rewards aren't nothing. And I can see how they'd add-up and snowball. The Crafting stuff is cool. Can always use more of those goodies.

Overall I guess I'm a little disappointed at the lack of spec-related account-wide boosting, but still think this should be a fun/cool/worthy event!

They haven't gone into the sever wide rewards that Delta Recruits can get...one of these is double and triple XP
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    sarosssaross Member Posts: 248 Media Corps
    edited March 2015
    Each Delta Recruit that reaches this point can claim these rewards.

Spire, Mine and Embassy Provisions are a specific commodity required by these satellite holdings. They usually cost Fleet Credits to acquire, and can be purchased from your Replicator tab.

Thanks for the clarification. It didn't exactly make perfect sense to me in the reading up to it. Some things were one time, others were not.

On the second part, can't say I'm AS excited about that as I am on the rest.
    Need help with a mission to beat it? Visit http://pilotreviewshow.com to learn how we can help!

Top DPS 102k
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ok. . .

So I do not like to make waves but this needsto be said.

Where's the XP boost for our main toons.

Marks and Dil are nice rewards and sure will come in handy BUT!! These can be sort with little to no effort. .

But seriously the XP oh the XP where are you. . We need you . . Please don't hide. .
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    It didn't exactly make perfect sense to me in the reading up to it. Some things were one time, others were not.

Anything in the "Account Rewards" column is once per non-Recruit character.

Anything in the "Delta Recruit Rewards" column is once per Recruit Character.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    [PvP DMG]x3. Even the Shields. :p

Cuurrrrrrrsssssssssssssssesssss!!!!!!!

(But only for you and me. Me, for being a wise-*ss, and you for getting greedy. :) )

Alright, I'll accept that tradeoff. We get PvPDmgx3 weapons, everyone else gets CrtDx2/Pen weapons!
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It would really be nice if they at least opened up some of the AlienGen to allow for wider customization for Delta Recruits.

Additionally, release a few more Races we can set up our recruit as early on. Photonic Being would be an interesting one (complete with photonic effect even with appearance alterations such as armor or other costumes).

But even if we don't get that, I'm hoping for a Lifetime Subscription sale. Really want to make a Borg Delta Recruit.

The rewards themselves look great. Here's to hoping none of it is nerfed or balanced down; only added to.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Quoted only the true bits.

And again, this is provided that your Recruit completes their faction Tutorial. They aren't *really* a Delta Recruit until they do so.

Really glad you clarified that... I was going to create more than one but wasn't planning on actively playing all of them. Now I know I have to at least actively play them all through the Tutorial.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There are certainly some interesting rewards. I'm debating which faction to go with as I will only create one. My heart says KDF, my head says Fed, my symbiont says Romulan (wait, I'm not a Trill so why do I have a symbiont?).

Decisions, decisions.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • Options
    gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have to say... I'm impressed! I didn't get the ship I was hoping for but that's fine. However, to avoid redundancy I plan to fly one of my old T5s that I will have to then get the fleet version and then upgrade to T5-U. This would be easily achieved had I not needed to be concerned with circumstantially bound dilithium (dilithium ore and not refined) which means I will have to spend days refining the dilithium to just use it on one thing or another.... not necessarily something of my choosing. Which means, more grinding.... However, I think it would be wise to make the account-wide rewards (specifically dilithium) circumstantially bound and have the delta recruit rewards unbound. This way I can make the most use out of the rewards. I plan to partake in this event but I am still weary of the upcoming grind I will have to, again, endure to get a semi-competent ship for my delta-recruit. Although, all-in-all, this event has, again, impressed me in the generosity that Cryptic/PWE is, surprisingly, actually showing. This is a step in the right direction.
    signature.png
  • Options
    snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    edited March 2015
    Wow! This is far more than I had as expectations. Well done, guys.

Snipey