• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Looks like a formatting error.

That should be read as:
    "10,000 Reputation-Only Dilithium"
    or
    "50,000 Fleet-Only Dilithium"

Yeah, it is. Unlock the rewards as your Delta Recruit which you can claim on any other character, even ones made after the event.

I'm afraid I'm having a hard time seeing how that's unclear.

This part might be the problem:
    Q: What happens if I create a Delta Recruit, but do not complete all of the listed Tasks?

A: Once a Delta Recruit completes their special Tutorial and receives their “Tesseract Communications Device” they will be free to complete the assigned tasks at any point in the future. Although Delta Recruit characters can only be created while the event is running, there is no time limit on the completion of the tasks, or their associated rewards.
    Is that information wrong? Or did something change and you were not made aware of it? (Which is kinda awkward since your name is on the bottom of the blog ;) )
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That should be read as:
    or

Now that this system is in place, any chance of a "Fleet-Only" Dilithium extremely rare drop from say STFs or completing a special event.

This is just some feedback since plenty of small fleets end up in that Dilithium drought dealy-o.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Looks like a formatting error.

That should be read as:
    or

Yeah, it is. Unlock the rewards as your Delta Recruit which you can claim on any other character, even ones made after the event.

From the Blog:
    Q: What happens if I create a Delta Recruit, but do not complete all of the listed Tasks?

A: Once a Delta Recruit completes their special Tutorial and receives their “Tesseract Communications Device” they will be free to complete the assigned tasks at any point in the future. Although Delta Recruit characters can only be created while the event is running, there is no time limit on the completion of the tasks, or their associated rewards.

Could this be it?
  • Options
    oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My main doesn't need any more reputation marks.

This. Plus the traits are meh. The rewards for the delta recruit are honestly kind of meh. And the ground/space devices are meh. Sorry, in my opinion not worth grinding another character.
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited March 2015

At the bottom of the blog:

Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2015
    gulberat wrote: »
    I think my wording was a bit clumsy here. What I was trying to get at was, will the DOFF bind to my Delta Recruit character only, or will he be account-bound to where I could move him to my main crafting toon?

Bind-on-Acquire, not Bind-to-Account-on-Acquire. There's a difference. So, no, you can't move him, sorry.
    This bit Bort:

Oh! That! Right, sorry. My mind was stuck on the account-wide stuff.

Yes, you can continue to unlock/earn rewards on your Delta Recruit indefinitely, so long as they complete the Tutorial while the event is running.
    Is that information wrong?

Nope, just a misunderstanding on my part. Sorry about that.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    sch3ff3lsch3ff3l Member Posts: 118 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    okay event better explained now... and now i see reason to make a new toon... just one question remain to me... it will be FED, KDF or Rommie?
    9gagger, starfleet captain, bug hunter...

spocked thumb face...
  • Options
    sychosis99sychosis99 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Important question I didn't see referenced in the Q&A.

Q: Will Klingon's finally have access to Mek'leth and/or D'k tahg's? :D
  • Options
    ravenofborgravenofborg Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Trade them in for Dilithium Ore.

There are two new Titles that can only be earned by Recruits, and are not account-wide. Other than that, I don't believe any new Accolades were added.

1. Fair point.
    2. I'll take it!

Thanks for the response Bort! Looking forward to the event; going to bring my lady in on a F2P and try to get her hooked.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well was hoping Spec points would be moved back to start at 10 and make those account wide, but this isn't bad either. Certainly more entertaining than the usual grind.

I would like to see this too as a skillpoint revamp. But if they did what I'm hoping for, it would be retroactive anyway. (Basically, convert the bulk of skills into specialization passives, let us have one or two more specs active at a time, and backdate spec points for the skillpoints that would be lost there.) I think specs are much more accessible that skills.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Question regarding the "Collect all Iconian Information and Technology"

Can all relics be collected by one character? or is there one/two only the KDf can get?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    I'll create 4 toons (Which are the number of slots I'll have free) and just breeze through it all with an engineer toon (Makes things easier with ground junk). My other toons are at level 55+ so it wouldn't make sense, specially since I just use them for mats/EC farming and R&D stuff (and have 2 schools each at level 18/19 which takes a LOT of time).

For some reason, I can see players already planning to abuse a feature in there and then the devs nerfing it a week later.
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    We know that many (perhaps even most) of our players tend to prefer focusing their efforts on a single character

Yes we do thanks to Delta Rising.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    All looks good to tell the truth, looking forward to this.

I kind of want to make three characters just to see the new tutorials. Not going to, but I kind of want to.
    Think of it as a single mission with two objectives:
    1) Join a Fleet
    2) Be Level 30

Once both are met, the mission is complete, regardless of the order in which they are done.
    Thanks I was wondering that myself.
    Looks great. Also, love love love the new propaganda poster art we've been seeing.
    Those are damn cool.
    Now that this system is in place, any chance of a "Fleet-Only" Dilithium extremely rare drop from say STFs or completing a special event.

This is just some feedback since plenty of small fleets end up in that Dilithium drought dealy-o.

That's not a bad idea at all.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm guessing that the 'Reputation-Only Dilithium' and 'Fleet-Only Dilithium' voucher thing will only ever be used for unique events such as Delta Recruitment and the like?
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Question regarding the "Collect all Iconian Information and Technology"

Can all relics be collected by one character? or is there one/two only the KDf can get?

Each faction has a separate list of requirements. If any Recruit on your account completes their list, you will receive credit for the "All Info" or "All Tech" goals.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Many used to love using multiple toons, but DR killed that completely.

I wish they would have added a 5 spec point pack per toon as an account unlock. Would have been an awesome prize.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bind-on-Acquire, not Bind-to-Account-on-Acquire. There's a difference. So, no, you can't move him, sorry.

Oh! That! Right, sorry. My mind was stuck on the account-wide stuff.

Yes, you can continue to unlock/earn rewards on your Delta Recruit indefinitely, so long as they complete the Tutorial while the event is running.

Nope, just a misunderstanding on my part. Sorry about that.

I see. Now I realize what could be misunderstood about all of this, so I am asking to be 100 % sure:

When you create a Delta Recruit and continue playing him after the event is over, and you complete a Delta Recruitment task, the following is true:
    • You unlock the character-only rewards only (=> Delta Recruit Only Option)
    • You unlock the character-only rewards and the account unlocks (=> Righteous Player Entitlement Option)
    • You unlock the account unlocks only (=> Altitis & Squirrel Option)

EDIT: Bolded the right pick based on Borticus reply!
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    To quote Dr. Cochrane, "SWEET JESUS!!!"

Now all that is left for me is to determine who my Photonic Boff should be.

Professor Moriarty
    The EMH Mk I
    The EMH Mk II (Probably not)
    An LMH (Based on Bashir)
    An ECH for my first officer.
    Vic Fontaine
    That lunatic Bajoran Hologram?

Not long to decide.

Thanks Cryptic!
  • Options
    captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    All rewards granted to the Delta Recruit will be Bind-on-Acquire, including this Duty Officer.
    Q: Is there a reason to create more than one Delta Recruit?

A: Some of the character-specific rewards, which are granted to every Delta Recruit, can be used to benefit your Fleet. And a few of the rewards, such as the Delta Vanguard Upgrade Techs that are earned upon reaching Level 50, can be sent to other characters on your account once they are earned. It is up to each player to determine if that is sufficient reward for their efforts.
    Which of these is true? The blog telling me that I could transfer some stuff to my main made me want to make multiple recruits and really take part in this event, but if I can't transfer that stuff after all then I guess I'll just make the one throwaway alt I was originally planning on. I was rather hoping to finally be able to make the aegis stuff on my main too. :/
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    gl2814e wrote: »

Professor Moriarty
    The EMH Mk I
    An LMH (Based on Bashir)
    Vic Fontaine

Not long to decide.

Bonnie Kin.
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So if I'm reading this right, all I have to do is basically level up a single Delta recruit and get a single one of her crafting schools to 5, and then each of my characters across my entire account, current and future, gets:

- 850 rep marks
    - essentially 7 free R&D packs
    - 650 fleet marks
    - Improved Temporal Insight
    - customizable photonic boff
    - 6000 usable-for-anything dil
    - 5000 fleet-only dil
    - a ground team rez device
    - a space cooldown reduction device

All I have to say to this is, hell yeah. This kicks serious butt.
  • Options
    amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well, this sounds full of awesome and win. Good timing, too--I just hit 60 on my main this weekend. Time for a new experience! XD

The account unlocks are more than I expected, especially the cool-sounding Photonic Boff (although I wish you could select the career, I understand that there may be plot reasons why they must be Eng). More importantly, it sounds like you've gone about it in a smart way that doesn't punish people who don't necessarily have hours to grind every day--in that once you create the recruit and get to a certain (presumably earlyish?) point, you can complete the tasks at any time and still get credit. That's huge for people like me.

I'm sold.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    When you create a Delta Recruit and continue playing him after the event is over, and you complete a Delta Recruitment task, the following is true:
    • You unlock the character-only rewards and the account unlocks (=> Righteous Player Entitlement Option)

Quoted only the true bits.

And again, this is provided that your Recruit completes their faction Tutorial. They aren't *really* a Delta Recruit until they do so.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    gl2814e wrote: »
    To quote Dr. Cochrane, "SWEET JESUS!!!"

Professor Moriarty
    The EMH Mk I
    An LMH (Based on Bashir)
    Vic Fontaine

Not long to decide.

Thanks Cryptic!

Data holograms from the Wild West
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek:
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    I really dont want to play "Tovan's Tale" again but I also really hate the idea of further inflating the fed numbers... and damn this definitely makes me wanna roll an alt per faction just to see the differences.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Which of these is true? The blog telling me that I could transfer some stuff to my main made me want to make multiple recruits and really take part in this event, but if I can't transfer that stuff after all then I guess I'll just make the one throwaway alt I was originally planning on. I was rather hoping to finally be able to make the aegis stuff on my main too. :/

I will doublecheck. I believe the Delta Vanguard Upgrade Tech is the only exception to the "Bind-to-Character-on-Acquire" rule for Delta Recruit rewards.

Update: The above information is no longer accurate. Please see this post for additional clarification: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=23247961&postcount=14
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i Really Dont Want To Play "tovan's Tale" Again But I Also Really Hate The Idea Of Further Inflating The Fed Numbers... And Damn This Definitely Makes Me Wanna Roll An Alt Per Faction Just To See The Differences.

Go Klingon!!!!!!!!11111
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek:
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Quoted only the true bits.

And again, this is provided that your Recruit completes their faction Tutorial. They aren't *really* a Delta Recruit until they do so.

Do we actually have to play the tutorial, or is skipping it still an option? (I'm totally playing the KDF tutorial again regardless, it's awesome.)