test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Featured Episode - Uneasy Allies

Comments

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    repeater gun mods are random.... they do not match what is listed on the mission rewards... got one with total junk mods.
  • arcus13arcus13 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    caltir wrote: »
    My first attempt at Uneasy Allies (Elite) crashed due to a bug :mad: (I fell through a wall on an Unknown Sphere and then kept respawning OUTSIDE the mission map, which only resulted in more deaths). Reported it, but will they find the time to investigate?

So it killed my enjoyment from this new marvellous untested event. Other than that, Uneasy Allies is a great piece of storytelling, narration, and adventure.

same as me when die respwan outside unknown sphere, try logout and login still same place , now there another maintenance hope they can fix it
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    would be neat, but the main cost of the Upgrade System is the Quality Improvement. It is useful if you're Upgrading a lower Mk item that's already hit Epic, but that's a pretty limited audience. At a max of 3/Account, I suppose that limited audience makes sense... but still, a boosted Quality Improvement Chance would have been greatly appreciated. Hint hint. ;)

there already is an upgrade item that boosts quality improvement, though not solely that. the omega upgrade thing. you'll just have to wait a year to get another chance to get it.

i wish the upgrade item from this mission wasn't limited to one per account, at least for the duration of the feature. it'd be a decent way to bring my mk xii weapons to xiv and leave the rarity upgrades for regular upgrade items (not to mention it'd do wonders to metrics. players would be replaying the featured episode so often they could call it the most successful ever).

it'd be at least easier to get than some purple materials, which are nearly impossible to get thanks to the stfs they're bound to being dead, and there not being any alternative to get them outside of exchange.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • altlexingtonaltlexington Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    For those who have half completed this mission and then got the bug that stopped them from finishing it I can also confirm that the work-around does complete the mission with only a little loss of dialogue.
    Just beam to your ship and go to the Napoda Syatem in the Psi Velorum Sector Block and you get a continue option which travels you to the Iconian System in the Iota Pavonis Sector Block where you see the new Dysons Sphere, then just Hail Command to turn in the mission and choose your reward.
  • x6460x6460 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A question on the armor.

The Romulan Combat Armor says; “Unique – Max of one per character.”
    What if I want to equip my bridge officer away team members each with one?

Similar items (Reputation Armor) usually say: “Cannot Equip more than 1 of this item.”
    - Which is also a strange thing to say, seeing as it's body armor. And characters have only one body armor slot to equip.

Will we be able to get multiple sets of this armor to equip on our Birdge officers? or just only our player character?

Nevermind, it seems we can't select more then one as a reward.
    Finally decided to make a sig.
    I see allot of them with a character, and ship.
    though I'm not sure which ship to put on there...
    I'll think about it. This will do for now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,746 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    Disappointed that the Romulan Imperial Navy Armor apparently doesn't have any visuals or costume unlock. Was really looking forward to my Romulan crews getting their own unique battle armor look ala MACO and KHG. :(
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • gorillachopsgorillachops Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thank you very much for this ground set. I've often felt there was an absence in giving the Romulans their own ground-set. The Ronulans don't seem to have their own ground set...

It was obvious that that any ground set would not fit in very well with the Romulan Reputation Reward system, because that Reputation system was very much about how we were assisting the Romulans in forming and fortifiing their homeworld. If their were to be such a ground set included in their reputation system, it would seem more appropriate to have it be something used against the Elachi; the implication that you woulkd use the Rep. gear to fgight they very same ALLIES who gave it to you would be uncanny.

So, i'm hoping that the armour visuals for this set work best ith the already existing romulan gear, thereby adding a kinbd of visual continuity. It should probably look like this armour was developed 'in-house' by the riomulan faction for their own forces, thenb was latter deceminated to the DELTA alliance members under an 'open-agreement' of sorts.

Would it be possible to see an additional ground set from the Romulans? Something they would have developed specifically to combat the threat of the Elachi? Based on their past experiences, it would seem to be a priority for them...

(sorry for spelling)
    giphy.gif
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Disappointed that the Romulan Imperial Navy Armor apparently doesn't have any visuals or costume unlock. Was really looking forward to my Romulan crews getting their own unique battle armor look ala MACO and KHG. :(

I completely agree!
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Without a skin or model it's just a 5 min notepad job
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Please cryptic let the armour have a cool visual, would be nice.... hey lovely devs.. hint...hint
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mugat0 wrote: »
    I am assuming this Enhanced Universal Tech Upgrade is one per account and not per character ?

The blog explains: it's one per account, but you can get 3 of them, with one every week.
    And good to see it's fixed, now the mission can be fully enjoyed. Too bad you don't seem to get an accolade for violating every rule of common sense and try and manage to kill the "boss".

Also, props to Sela for going "THIS! IS! ROMULUS!" in the end.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • kajofolfkajofolf Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So why does this Romulan Imperial Navy Combat Armor need almost four times the upgrade points than every other ground armor out there?
    240k for MKXII to MKXIII s a bit too much, don't you think?
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thank you. Cool episode.
    And also many thanks for the first free ground set. Lots of plasma ressist I see, maybe elite groud STFs are coming soon? And its nice that you guys continue what you start with the dyson set, to encourage players in using ground mechanics like crouch. Kudos for that.
    As for the costume unlock, I highly doubt there will be one. Would be really nice but I hold my excitement for now until last piece of the set is available. None of the other "freeware" sets (Solanae and Kobali) given in other featured episodes had visuals. Even if they were space sets, still... Its probably more work to do ground visuals then space...

One thing tho, small negative feedback. Sorry but it feels like you guys do some data mining and put in episodes now stuff that players dont play/dont like. It started with those jumping pads from aniversary FE, and now those mines thingies. I religiously avoid that in the kobali ground map becouse I hate those. Throwing them in players face wont make them to like it. Its the opposite I may add, it will make them more avoided or even more hated.
    I really dont see the logic behind this. If you think players dont play that content (infected ground is rarely played and so seems the kobali zone) is not becouse players dont know how and you guys want that players to learn them. Its becouse players allready played them and didnt liked/hated them. Thats not challanging, its annoying. I do enjoy a challnage and was pleased with the herald boss fight, since I forgot my slider on advanced. But doing silly things like jumping around or doing some maze its not. Granted this maze wasnt that annoying as the last. Could use some more visuals on those thingy gas pipes from the floor. At first, since there were no flames or anything, I thought they were there to slow you (since when under the choke debuff you move very slow/cripled) and was surprised when insta died upon passing them.

Anyway, overall was an enjoyable episode.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    yreodred wrote: »
    IDK if this has been mentioned already, but if you have set "visual fx quality" to "low" you cannot see the gas in the labyrinth room.
    Setting the "visual fx quality" to "high" makes the gas visible.

This costed me dozends of lives, lol.
    Maybe this can help some ppl.
    Many Yreodreds died to bring us this information.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    One negative comment, my rrw characters would not treat sela that well, especially after the brainwashing. By the same token, my kdf and rrw characters dont give a rats TRIBBLE about the prime directive as implied on Kobali.:rolleyes:
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Eh can't get thru the wall to finish this episode rofl.
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The mission itself outside of a couple issues was pretty decent. A couple what the hell just happened moments was well done. The only regret I have is I played this FE right before doing the Taris mission in the Rom arc.
  • marinesrule1983marinesrule1983 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have a player that I tried doing this with that was level 10, it was grayed out. So I ranked him up to 15, still grayed out. Any plans on fixing that STO?
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have a player that I tried doing this with that was level 10, it was grayed out. So I ranked him up to 15, still grayed out. Any plans on fixing that STO?

I believe the mission is only for endgame level characters
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    khan5000 wrote: »

Did it on a level 29 last night. Now if that was intended or not is the issue. I beleive when featured episodes first come out level 10s can do it and they phase it in to be 60 later.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    khan5000 wrote: »

Featured Episodes all have a minimum level of 10.

Once it's over they get boosted back to the appropriate level.

That said... my Rom who is L25 can not do this...
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,746 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    tigeraries wrote: »

Have you played through the Romulan Story Arc? Perhaps that's the issue?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    quintaris wrote: »
    It sure sounds like it. For I second I thought Kira Carsen was traveling with me, and got confused which sci-fi MMO I was playing.

If only she said when she turned on you "Suck lightsaber jerk!" (but we all know Guss Tano is the best companion in that game)

Back on track I do think it is her, or Zero did a really good job sounding like her.:confused:
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited March 2015
    tigeraries wrote: »

Have you played through the Romulan Story Arc? Perhaps that's the issue?

It doesn't require the Romulan Arc on KDF at least, and can be completed by a L10, it maybe just one of those weird Romulan leveling issues.

This is the Romulan Imperial Navy Combat Armor Mk IV for those curious.
    The free upgrades to MkXII will make it my go to armor when Delta Recruitment starts next week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mthomps016mthomps016 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Played it through twice, once before and once after the fix. It's the kind of content that keeps players happy. A good story, an unexpected plot twist (LCDR VanZyl!), and it moves the story along.

Thanks.
  • scoobybluesscoobyblues Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I liked the mission. It was easier to run through the second time than the last one with Harry Kim so thanks for that.
    One thing visually I was very happy about was simply the view screen in Sela's ship! The way the stars were moving and when I ran around the room the view changed! the depth was great the motion was refreshing. Then very quickly at the cut scene I saw my ship on screen flying lead! On second play I was in a different ship and it was also on screen for a moment anyway. Cool, thanks!
    All the visuals were good. This was a good looking mission.
    Keep up the good work fellas!
  • arminplugin1978arminplugin1978 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Today i make this Mission with 2 other Fleet Members, but only 1 from us fhinishing this Mission, the both other muss do the last Part again and only 1 from the both get it.

You can start the mission with 5 Peoples, but only 1 can finish it. :(
  • spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A much more fun adventure then Dust to Dust, with it's annoying retreating floor. :P

Was some bugs though, in some rooms (like the gate room on the ship) Sila will refuse to talk to us if we kill enemies in room before entering.

You should really stop using entering room as event, use killed enemies instead. :rolleyes:

The mission is so far not repeatable for any of my alts.... and I really hope this changes before next reward comes up. :P

Edited: Have tried on a few more alts and not repeatable on any of them.
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Today i make this Mission with 2 other Fleet Members, but only 1 from us fhinishing this Mission, the both other muss do the last Part again and only 1 from the both get it.

You can start the mission with 5 Peoples, but only 1 can finish it. :(
    Hunh? I did it as a team yesterday and had no issues.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....