test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Recruitment

Comments

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There’s far too many bonuses and rewards available to list them all here, so get ready to make your Delta Recruit (all accounts are getting one extra free character slot), and keep watching between now and April 2nd for more information.

Between now and April 2nd, eh?

So the announcement on April 2nd will be April Fool's?
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lan451 wrote: »
    What is this I don't even

My thoughts exactly.

I have no words for this right now (waiting for the full thing to come), but my first impression is already bad.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The war with iconians is useless there has to be a scene where a giant glob of bird of prey saves starfleets rear end but the reason this war will be lost is because the iconians with TBR these bops that are underpowered in the first place. Then these iconians will have superior turning abilities so that they can't be flanked.

Yep in all honesty and fun the fun does not exist in this game anymore and no I will not participate in your Delta Recruitment grind. I already have enough alts as it is I cannot enjoy being that DR is nothing more than a grind that is not player friendly especially with alts.
  • blessedladyboyblessedladyboy Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This seems quite good in principal, something different....but if you want me to participate I'm going to need a free character slot!
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    bridgern wrote: »
    Is this Season 10?

I doubt it, it just hit tribble.
  • forthegamerforthegamer Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Interesting how they say the Delta Recruits will have a storyline that runs PARALLEL to each faction story. Meaning these new characters aren't running the same story as those that came before it.

Why it is limited to characters during that time frame.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This seems quite good in principal, something different....but if you want me to participate I'm going to need a free character slot!
    There is a free slot:
    so get ready to make your Delta Recruit (all accounts are getting one extra free character slot).

Anyway, this concept's interesting and I'll take part in it for the enjoyment of seeing what comes of it. Since there are some "Delta Objectives" already in the game from certain contacts, Kahless, the Prophet, Guardian of Forever, it seems the devs were planning this for a while.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • morden613morden613 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Did you miss the part where they said they were giving one out free for the duration of the event?

Edit: Damn those ninjas. :P
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Which they are giving you, according to the article.

Edit: Indeed, blasted ninjas ruin everything.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    kind of miffed- 5 years + of play and now its only new players can level.. Only new players this that and the other.. So all of us who PAYED and played get what? a big fat finger and "make a new char" BS WE are the ones who deserve a zillion X exp not newbies who have not suffered the growing pains and long term of this game... We are the community.
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    kintisho wrote: »
    kind of miffed- 5 years + of play and now its only new players can level.. Only new players this that and the other.. So all of us who PAYED and played get what? a big fat finger and "make a new char" BS WE are the ones who deserve a zillion X exp not newbies who have not suffered the growing pains and long term of this game... We are the community.

Uh I'd read the blog again, it applies to everyone who makes a new character, not just new accounts/players
  • copperminkcoppermink Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lan451 wrote: »
    lol what

Cryptic, you already made it hard enough to play the alts I already have with DR and now you want me to make another one?

What is this I don't even
    morden613 wrote: »
    And Cryptic/PWE can't grandfather these "benefits" onto existing players who have already completed DR why?
    It would be a nice thing but it would make way too much sense.
    "Hey, you know those characters you've played for years, spent countless dollars and time working on and love? **** them! They're old and useless, play new ones! Spend money on new ones! New ones are better 'cause we said so!"

Yeah, seriously. Enough with the "**** you, you stupid players" nonsense.

Get your **** together and stop ****ing with your players.

Those quotes saved me a bit of typing, thanks.

And no thanks cryptic.
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    kintisho wrote: »

Well unless you and the 'community' are happy to fund the game yourselves from now on, MMO's kinda need newbies to you know...carry on existing.

A dedicated recruitment drive could be a good thing for everyone. Just getting the idea out there.
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    edited March 2015

It says at the very end of the announcement that you do get one.

This sounds like a really cool idea... If I didnt have 6 char already :/ I dont feel like making another one, and deleting one to recreate it is going to be a hard decision. it would be really nice if after the event is over all existing characters will get access to the temporal agent and Delta objectives.
    Ok, I like the free character slot, but as for making a new toon, I'm not really thrilled about this. I have already made several new ones during the Winter Event and if I make a new one in April I will have missed out on several goodies that all my toons have now, most notably the Kobali Cruiser and the Crystalline Energy Torpedo... I'm not concerned about not getting the winter ships on it, since I can (hopefully) just claim them during the next event at the discounted price.

Seriously, how can new toons get these limited event rewards?

My newer toons already missed out on the Emergency Conn Hologram and the Shotgun, both I'm not really bothered by, but I'm kinda excited about getting this new torpedo and with a new toon in April I'll miss out on it on that one. :(
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They're giving you a character slot, if that helps.

I missed the parentheses, I admit. The Delta Recruit account-unlock Starship Trait also shows that it is possible for Starship Traits to work in that manner, which it a plus (if Fed-primary players could unlock Overwhelming Force by buying and flying a Mat'Ha, for example, the company could make good money that way). I really despise the progression as it stands, though... I guess I'll use the weeks of the Event to create, progress, and delete characters to see the individual arcs. I just have to decide which faction will get the last one that I keep.

This would have been so much better as something we could sign our existing characters up for, and as an actual improvement to the glacial progression scheme...
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • captanjakerainescaptanjakeraines Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    fudgemonk wrote: »
    I honestly feel there is enough on my screen already, I don't need another mission tracker.... Also I don't want to be forced to create another new toon just to be able to participate....

i have to agree as it is i don't want a new toon either (but being a HUGE item collector) i will consider it but i would really like it if this feature was also available to long time players by doing something like getting a message asking if you want to join or not and if you accept you go through the mission if not you continue with your regular life

so i have mixed feelings about this
  • darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    As a few others have said, I won't be creating any more alts due to the fact that I can only really focus on 2-3 of the 5 that I currently have. Due to the ridiculous Dil cost of upgrading gear, mostly.

Another example of time spent creating something that from what I have read so far, few people want. Instead of tweaking what's already here and perhaps fixing some old glitches/bugs. :rolleyes:

Whatever.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    gilion wrote: »
    It says at the very end of the announcement that you do get one.

This sounds like a really cool idea... If I didnt have 6 char already :/ I dont feel like making another one, and deleting one to recreate it is going to be a hard decision. it would be really nice if after the event is over all existing characters will get access to the temporal agent and Delta objectives.

3 careers, 3 factions.
    And 2 genders even.
    And many species.

There should be enough "design space" for a new character, and you get a new character slot anyway.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    War is coming! And who's gonna lead us, YOU? If I'm not in charge, our entire way of life is decimated!

- Alexander Marcus
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am very lukewarm about this to say the least. I am unable to maintain all of the alts I have, having just barely managed to keep two of them functioning. Introducing a sixth, with the promise of accountwide unlocks for my other toons...has me skeptical, unfortunately, and fairly certain that any toon rolled for this event will be leveled to 50 and then stopped at the point where the grind becomes untenable to consider for any but the two toons that I have fought to keep in good condition.

Anything I may or may not choose to do will be only as far as I see meaningful benefits for Berat and Alyosha, and any play on this toon will end at the end of the event, IF I choose to participate. No more, no less.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • ravenofborgravenofborg Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm concerned. I am an Accolader. I haven't missed one since the beginning of the game. A new character won't have access to many of these accolades. Will my current character not have access to any DR Recruit Accolades? I'll play the new character, but if the continuity of Accolades is permanently broken, my reasons for playing will greatly diminish.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I already have 14 empty character slots and there is a reason for that, not gonna make new ones anytime soon. Is there such a thing as anti-excitement ? If so, I'm experiencing it right now. :(
  • tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Dear Cryptic,

I already have 12 Alts which I actually play. I do not need a 13th. If you can't address the bugs, create more actual missions for end game play, honor your statements to make my Jem Hadar Attack Ship true T6, fix merchandise bugs, answer tickets satisfactorily to me, the players advantage, if you can't get existing grind under control and reduce the obvious monetization driving good loyal customers away, why in all of God's creation would you spend time and resources developing this Temporal DR recruitment "thing" and expect us to honor it with our participation?

Fix the things above. Then we can talk.

Thank you.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's impressive how many people DON'T read the news article before posting:

Waaahh, it needs an XP Boost - Yes. There will be one in week two.
    Waaahh, it needs a free character slot - Yes, there will be one given to everyone.
    Waaahh, grinding out marks is too hard - Marks are awarded for completing otional goals in existng missions.
  • superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well, if they are going to go this route to boost players/logins, I hope they also look at making specializations and reputation gear account bound. Those two things (as well as removing the random crafting mods) would go a long way to undoing the damage that Delta Rising did to my enjoyment of the game.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    qjunior wrote: »
    I already have 14 empty character slots and there is a reason for that, not gonna make new ones anytime soon. Is there such a thing as anti-excitement ? If so, I'm experiencing it right now. :(

Yes. All Delta Recruits shall henceforth be named Eeyore.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This would be awesome if I could do it on my main toon. Let me put down some Zen to get that Delta Symbol on an existing toon, please.
  • ashandarei22ashandarei22 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Not even 60 with my first character, got a second to 50 and really don't feel like grinding the same episodes over again.

Wouldn't be bad to give some bonuses to people other than newbies, but whatever. Don't see that changing.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If this is your definition of 'alt-friendliness', you have missed the mark. We don't want to roll new characters, we want the alts we've already rolled for the past 5 years to have some meaning to them, and to not feel like we have to sacrifice them to make room for the grindtastic spec points for our 'main' characters.

If this is a prototype testbed for future plans of that nature, awesome.

If it isn't, try harder.
    ExtxpTp.jpg