What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Show your in progress missions/maps

Comments

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,950 Arc User
    Looking good spiritborn. :)

Here's something I'm cooking up for the 26th Century Anthology. The map's a work in progress.
    DDLaWECXoAMYLRS.jpg
    DDNrGjTXkAAY3Oo.jpg
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,298 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Looking good spiritborn. :)

Here's something I'm cooking up for the 26th Century Anthology. The map's a work in progress.
    DDLaWECXoAMYLRS.jpg
    DDNrGjTXkAAY3Oo.jpg

thanks if you guys at the roundtable want that I can tell you door for that mission so you guys can play around on the maps and look at them from angles other then my carefully selected screenshots, while there isn't really anything I don't want be seen (or I wouldn't have given the offer) those screenshots are selected to show the best of the maps more or less.

EDIT:and those screenshot look nice.
  • Options
    here's 5 new pics for my current WIP project

TKFrq08.jpg
    showing the kentari diplomat's level of skill (sadly the dialogue bubble is part of the UI and doesn't show) ;)
    jYjxEw4.jpg
    A view of the main hall towards the fish tank.
    QlIdniV.jpg
    showing off the Gorn and Ferasan diplomats
    vl8YY5f.jpg
    the UFP, KDF and RR diplomats and an "exotic" pet ;)
    eYaYhcR.jpg
    Some of the custom alien costumes I'm using as diplomats for this project, oh and the in-story reason why one of them wearing a helmet is that said race claims to be so attractive that they must hide themselves in public (if this is true or not is left to the player). the actual reason for it is that way I can use the costume multiple times and don't have to make several different faces (and thus eat up my costume budget).

and here's the link if needed http://imgur.com/a/LO9ad
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    oh in case you're wondering platform floating in the air is the roof for the building and is there due to how I craft maps like this, since you can't see what's under the roof most of the time I make the roof seperately and copy it when I put it, in the correct Place this also means I got a back up in case I need one, the carpets, the second floor (aka first floor roof) and the building roof are seperate builds I got copies of floating about on the map at the moment.

Obviously those will be removed from the final mission, since they're not suppose to be there.
  • Options
    1 more pic, this one from a space map I'm working on.
    DpETPuY.jpg
    I'm not yet 100% sure how I'm gonna use this in the mission but it's suppose to be an area of space where subspace (or space in general) is so heavily warped and twisted that no-one sane wants to go anywhere near it.
  • Options
    Mark II of that map
    tXGoftS.jpg
    the starting position.
    AvGIKs6.jpg
    an abandoned mining facility used by pirates/mercs as base as well as their flagship, oh and you can just barely see the anomaly that's caused this region space to be the way it is.

http://imgur.com/a/lkOh9 gallery link
  • Options
    From the next Starfleet Security episode, coming soon (tm)
    DEehu58XcAExuTQ.jpg
    DD6h9yoWsAE9wjq.jpg
    DDs57DrXoAAoFkL.jpg
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    Nice looking pics Duncan. Looking forward to see what final product will look like as even with the bugged space lighting your maps and characters look much better then what I can manage and your stories are generally amazing.
  • Options
    starfarerthetastarfarertheta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Some WIP pics from the upcoming Transcendence series:

O1PrQe8.png

TMQCDgf.png

k2sJpIp.png

vK1UCPk.png

Although I say work in progress when this map is pretty much done. Any further changes will probably be in the details.

Edit: If you haven't seen it yet, check out the Foundry Roundtable's inspection of this map here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e3i9icMnCw
  • Options
    here's some more pics from the finale map for my current WIP Project
    beOX4A3.jpg
    PPgA6Gr.jpg
    NZfLIPP.jpg

and here's the https://imgur.com/a/9AJYs gallery link
  • Options
    @spiritborn, Looking good as always. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    @spiritborn, Looking good as always. :)
    I'll admit this is what I was able to do today, there's a whole section of the map that I've not even started to build and ofc this part needs more work as well as it's suppose to be indoors (inside the mining station from space map I showed earlier). but I've yet to figure out what to use for the roof so I didn't put anything there.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    spiritborn wrote: »
    ...but I've yet to figure out what to use for the roof so I didn't put anything there.

Whatever you do decide on using, I'm looking forward to seeing the result.

If I were going for something cave like then I would try using one of the rock wall props to make the roof. Although I'm not sure if that's what you're going for (and these props would need some adjusting to get them where you want them to be).
  • Options
    ...but I've yet to figure out what to use for the roof so I didn't put anything there.

Whatever you do decide on using, I'm looking forward to seeing the result.

If I were going for something cave like then I would try using one of the rock wall props to make the roof. Although I'm not sure if that's what you're going for (and these props would need some adjusting to get them where you want them to be).

It'll be industrial/spacestation but I'm not quite sure what to use for the right amount of "neglected and decaying" look for this station.
  • Options
    geoff484geoff484 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    This is my first custom map that I put a lot of effort into. I'm not even close to being done, but thought I'd post it here for some opinions.

I'm somewhat disappointed in it because it's supposed to be a space station for an alien race called the Onooli. The Onooli are similar to Starfleet in technology, but I think this map is too feddy - Mostly because of the walls and if I wasn't so far into it I would change them to the generic science walls, but I didn't notice that asset until just a few minutes ago.

Two angles of the transporter room:

screenshot_2017-09-18-00-21-46_zpsgwcuokrb.jpg
    screenshot_2017-09-18-00-21-22_zps9inek5vp.jpg

A few angles of the lounge:

screenshot_2017-09-18-00-20-43_zps0easzkob.jpg
    screenshot_2017-09-18-00-20-56_zps3vbsvdrs.jpg

screenshot_2017-09-18-00-20-04_zpsq20zmgah.jpg

My next goal is to add more lighting and NPCs.
    banner_zpsowioz7sn.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    You might try using different consoles to give a "non-UFP" feel, also you can change an asset that's already placed to another asset in the same location though you might have adjust things if the assets aren't the same size

Here's something I've been working on
    1Esw0qa.jpg
    Transporter "room" (more of an alcove) the missmatched consoles are intentional and to give the feel that people living here used what ever was avaible rather then a single "style".
    tDTgoYb.jpg
    Entrence to cargo room near the transporter
    cY961uI.jpg
    showing off a corridor, there's structure under the grate for scenery purposes.
    7oKYKwr.jpg
    more of the missmatched architecture.
    PzcAQzG.jpg
    the main room (why there's a forcefield blocking your path is a minor spoiler)

this is WIP but it's quite close to done, mainly some detail work and adding objectives to this map.

Gallery link https://imgur.com/a/1DhLT
  • Options
    zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I have a couple foundry missions in progress of being made. The second one is going to be the home for one of my in game characters. It's located on a city on the Vulcan home world. A city I call Tal'Chaldron. I noticed on the first page someone named commandermic has a Vulcan village he's making for one of his foundry missions.

Is there a place here on the forums where cities and villages, etc. of various worlds can be listed, cataloged, to use perhaps as a reference for some better in-universe consistency? I'll post pictures of my work in progress soon. I was/am using Photobucket, but they no longer allow dynamic linking or embedding, what is another free image hosting site I could use? How is Imgur? Thank you for your help and time. :)
    Post edited by zebulongiles on
  • Options
    Imgur I see people use a lot, so it's probably recommendable. :)
  • Options
    I have a couple foundry missions in progress of being made. The second one is going to be the home for one of my in game characters. It's located on a city on the Vulcan home world. A city I call Tal'Chaldron. I noticed on the first page someone named commandermic has a Vulcan village he's making for one of his foundry missions.

Is there a place here on the forums where cities and villages, etc. of various worlds can be listed, cataloged, to use perhaps as a reference for some better in-universe consistency? I'll post pictures of my work in progress soon. I was/am using Photobucket, but they no longer allow dynamic linking or embedding, what is another free image hosting site I could use? How is Imgur? Thank you for your help and time. :)
    Imgur seems easy enough to use and it's free and you don't even need to register.

as for a city/town/village data I'm not sure such a thing is needed.

Modern day earth has thousands if not millions of settlements of various sizes and several settlements share names, Germany actually has at least 2 cities called Frankfurt, the one most people think of is officially called "Frankfurt am Main" or "Frankfurt on the Main (river)", while the other less well know is "Frankfurt an der Ober" or "Frankfurt on the Oder (river)".

Vulcan or any other major world (aka a world with population in the high end millions or in billions) wouldn't be any different, so as long as you don't imply it's the same settlement it should automatically be consistent it just happens there's 2 settlements that share the same name at least same name in the common use.
  • Options
    geoff484geoff484 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Thank you for the advice Spiritborn!

Your advice got me a feeling a bit more creative with mixing and mashing assets, so I started to play around with the corridors.

screenshot_2017-09-18-23-44-54_zpsqyabghup.jpg

screenshot_2017-09-18-23-43-53_zpszsepeuhc.jpg

Let me know what you think
    banner_zpsowioz7sn.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Those look nice just remember to keep consistent theme to your builds and don't be different for the sake of it, have a purpose for why that asset is there (even if it's just scenery).

What IMHO seperates a good build from a bad one is that with a good build the author had an idea what the map is suppose to look like even before they start building. That said don't be afraid to experiment just keep that orginal idea in mind.

EDIT:what I mean by "have purpose for the asset to be there" is that each asset should be placed with care and not just because of "it'll look cool", there is an asset limit after all.

For example of what I mean there's a colony connector asset under those grates in one of the pics I posted (depending on your brightness and contrast settings you just might see it), it's there to give the idea that the station extends beyond the part that's playble, there even a colony building most players will never see but it's there so that the map seems bigger then it actually is (aka it's there to give scope).
  • Options
    Since the forum desided to eat my orginal post, here's a redo

f2P5a4v.jpg
    FFY2k7W.jpg
    CxnI3O7.jpg
    4xqYmA5.jpg
    NVGPlGw.jpg

this is a very much a work in progress yet but once done it's suppose to be a civilian hospital in the Teldral system, this is just a crude version I threw together to show of the map. In the final version the different version are suppose to be color coded for their function (admin, medical, operations) but I didn't want to spend too much time getting that right before I got the rest of the map done.

oh and gallery link in case you need it https://imgur.com/a/r2QTQ
  • Options
    ...In the final version the different version are suppose to be color coded for their function (admin, medical, operations) but I didn't want to spend too much time getting that right before I got the rest of the map done.
    should read "In the final version the different sections are suppose to be color coded for their function (admin, medical, operations) but I didn't want to spend too much time getting that right before I got the rest of the map done."
  • Options
    edited September 2017

What IMHO seperates a good build from a bad one is that with a good build the author had an idea what the map is suppose to look like even before they start building.

I haven't found that to be the case through my building. All of my best work came through constant critical evaluation, iteration, and experimentation; using original intention only as a rough guide (if I stuck to it at all.) No matter how brilliant a starting idea may be, it can always be improved as the creative process proceeds.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

What IMHO seperates a good build from a bad one is that with a good build the author had an idea what the map is suppose to look like even before they start building.

I haven't found that to be the case through my building. All of my best work came through constant critical evaluation, iteration, and experimentation; using original intention only as a rough guide (if I stuck to it at all.) No matter how brilliant a starting idea may be, it can always be improved as the creative process proceeds.
    no arguments there but my point was that at least from what I've noticed from my own work and other maps I consider good including yours, there's a sense of purpose and structure to those maps, they're not just "lets throw random things into a blender and see what sticks". The idea can be as vague and simple as single word (which it actually more of then not is for me). It could be that we're essentially saying the same thing but in different words.

EDIT:after all the orginal idea will evolve over time, but every work needs a foundation to build on even if the final product bares little if any resemblence to the final product.
  • Options
    Here's some costumes I've made for this Project, I'd like any opinions and suggestions you might have

o7OoQPL.jpg
    from left to right: ferasan diplomat, gorn diplomat, romulan republic diplomat, klingon empire diplomat, the teldralian king.
    eBIXMuW.jpg
    from left to right: random alien diplomats I made, an alien diplomat starfarertheta made for me (thanks for that), a Xindi Diplomat
    Pwdia3S.jpg
    from left to right: another random alien diplomat I made, Lukari diplomat, a male and female servants for an estate map, kentari diplomat
    YatmUz6.jpg
    from left to right:local commander of the teldralian royal guard, an andorian starfleet admiral, admiral of teldralian self defense force, member of the teldralian royal guard, naval crewman of the teldral self defense force (a captain in this case but difference between non-flag ranks is the rank pips)

Next 2 pics contain spoilers for the story so consider this your spoiler warning.
    rdFTdH7.jpg
    from left to right:head doctor of a teldralian hospital, male medic of the hospital, armored trooper of the teldralian self defense force, female medic of the teldralian hospital, a pirate leader
    RAcMbZs.jpg
    the costumes for random generic pirates (at least ones not using pre-built costumes)

the map is just one I use to test NPCs and no gallery this time due to spoilers
  • Options
    Here's some images I took before season 14 launched, they're of 2 storey bridge/fleet command centre

0xZBG88.jpg
    a View of the bridge towards the main viewscreen (it's not a window ;) )
    XR5Fnox.jpg
    View of the command centre of the second floor.

The gallery link https://imgur.com/a/HLQb2 (incase the pics don't show) and if you're wondering the character I'm using there is of the same species as the crew here.
  • Options
    I took some images from my WIP mission to show how it looks atm I tried to avoid any major spoilers and yes there's incomplete parts and mistakes in map building but atm the editor is down so I couldn't fix them.

Still I'd like your opinions for what it looks at the moment. edit I'm also post them in 2 parts as there's too many pics for 1 post

E7fAohD.jpg
    Hj3620v.jpg
    OFOkkzq.jpg
    pNkwg1x.jpg
    vd07Kr3.jpg
    kWkSHAa.jpg
    rWkNB0U.jpg
    zztmmcG.jpg
    qTdvXB7.jpg
    SqYRgwT.jpg
  • Options
    and part 2
    GbAdHXa.jpg
    ZvdVeNQ.jpg
    tlwX7xy.jpg
    aTRbqfa.jpg
    1tOZsCQ.jpg
    5DLrVai.jpg
    2zmYpPE.jpg
    xKT9XPS.jpg
    r1akLtC.jpg
    pryU4JA.jpg
    FlIjp89.jpg

there we go any opinions and suggestions are welcome
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Got some work done on a map for the "KDF Cyber" mission (Working Title mk.2). To celebrate finally getting started, a couple of screenshots. :)

JjrldFj.png

Sp27BcT.png

To anyone wondering, the story is still a work in progress. It's just a little easier for me when I have a setting to work with.
    Post edited by starfarertheta on