test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Show your in progress missions/maps

Comments

• Options
    commandermiccommandermic Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    Just a few more screenshots from me. A map I'm currently working on for Krios Conspiracy Part 2, it will be a romulan city whith a little interior below the city. The interior itself isn't build yet, only the subway where you can go down.

screenshot_2015_07_19_17_03_25_by_mic_86-d91xgqc.jpg

screenshot_2015_07_19_16_49_04_by_mic_86-d91xgop.jpg

screenshot_2015_07_19_17_00_13_by_mic_86-d91xgma.jpg

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,108 Arc User
    Nice. Really wish I had the patience to make a city.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    farnihrfarnihr Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    I did it again...

Terran Prison-Map

In the Cell
    gameclient2015rhxy9iqoc0.jpg

View from the turbolift
    gameclient2015ti2gj3hpwa.jpg

View to the turbolift
    gameclient201526da75wrj4.jpg

used only 65 objects, but lights, consoles, npcs and story-objects aren't there right now :)
    German STO-Forum-Mod

Der Mod spielt
    It's time for war, it's time for blood, it's time for tea.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    O_o' that makes no sense to me..... I've seen the amazing work you've done with interiors.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    Thx ;)
    I have to say, I really don't have much patience^^
    Building citys isn't more difficult than interiors I think, just a bit different to build ;)
    O_o' that makes no sense to me..... I've seen the amazing work you've done with interiors.
    Maybe we'll see some of it here soon? Would be nice.

And after farnihr has posted some screens of a terran map, here my variant of a terran station.

First, a conference room:
    screenshot_2015_08_03_16_59_49_by_mic_86-d944ron.jpg

The OPS:
    screenshot_2015_08_03_16_59_28_by_mic_86-d944r8s.jpg

And mirror Admiral Quinn's office:
    screenshot_2015_08_03_17_01_38_by_mic_86-d944rau.jpg
    screenshot_2015_08_03_17_01_58_by_mic_86-d944rbq.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2015
    You should try playing Depths of Nukara prime. The cave map is awesome! Oh wait, this is for in-progress stuff. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    You should try playing Depths of Nukara prime. The cave map is awesome! Oh wait, this is for in-progress stuff. :p

I hear the author of that mission went into full /rage mode when he realised the damn thing didn't save after I ... he went mad with the spell checker.

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

I hear the author of that mission went into full /rage mode when he realised the damn thing didn't save after I ... he went mad with the spell checker.

Ctrl+f -> could of -> could have -> Enter. vQTD03D.png​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    Thx ;)
    I have to say, I really don't have much patience^^
    Building citys isn't more difficult than interiors I think, just a bit different to build ;)
    Maybe we'll see some of it here soon? Would be nice.

And after farnihr has posted some screens of a terran map, here my variant of a terran station.

First, a conference room:
    screenshot_2015_08_03_16_59_49_by_mic_86-d944ron.jpg

The OPS:
    screenshot_2015_08_03_16_59_28_by_mic_86-d944r8s.jpg

And mirror Admiral Quinn's office:
    screenshot_2015_08_03_17_01_38_by_mic_86-d944rau.jpg
    screenshot_2015_08_03_17_01_58_by_mic_86-d944rbq.jpg

Oh... I would SO love to get my hands on the Asset location data for those maps if you would be willing to share...

Been working on a RP Fleet Base Map for a while and hit a brick wall. design wise...
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    You guys constantly amaze me.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    tacofangs wrote: »

Quick while he is here.. Someone ask for something... :lol:

Kidding/NotKidding

• Options

wow, Dev's amazed :open_mouth:

Thank you :) But, like al rivera says in the german podcast for a long while: we germans are extremly big star trek fans. And that's one of the reasons we make megalomaniac maps like those ^^ (talking about the maps from commancermic, lorne, benalexander, alexdrake and me)
    German STO-Forum-Mod

Der Mod spielt
  • Options
    Uh... I'm not sure "megalomaniac" is the word you were looking for :D

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    BHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

Seems your Universal Translator might be malfunctioning...
  • Options
    edited August 2015

yeah... google-translate says it's the only translation to "größenwahnsinnig" ;):D
    hmmm... dict.cc days the same...
    you know... that word, if you think you are that big and good, that you become crazy :) in german, you can use it as a adjective for maps ore something like this, whish are abolutly crazy and want to be the very best (like commandermics terran-station) :D
    German STO-Forum-Mod

Der Mod spielt
  • Options
    farnihr wrote: »

yeah... google-translate says it's the only translation to "größenwahnsinnig" ;):D
    you know... that word, if you think you are that big and good, that you become crazy :) in german, you can use it as a adjective for maps ore something like this, whish are abolutly crazy and want to be the very best (like commandermics terran-station) :D

'Crazy' would work. 'And that's one of the reasons we make crazy maps like those'. ​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    Did that, was very nice ;)
    I remember when I've build a big cave, not the easiest maps we can make (more complicated than citys in my opinion)
    Nice to see we can even impress you ;)
    One of those subtly little language differences I guess. In german it works perfect for this when we use it in a little ironic way ;)
    primar13 wrote: »
    Oh... I would SO love to get my hands on the Asset location data for those maps if you would be willing to share...

Been working on a RP Fleet Base Map for a while and hit a brick wall. design wise...
    Not sure about this, I think not before the mission is ready (what still will take much time). But maybe I can show you this map ingame if you want :)
  • Options
    artan42 wrote: »
    'Crazy' would work. 'And that's one of the reasons we make crazy maps like those'. ​​
    Yeah, megalomaniac is technically a correct translation, but it seem to miss the context.... oh well.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    Yeah, megalomaniac is technically a correct translation, but it seem to miss the context.... oh well.

Context... The reason, I don't have a english foundry :D It would be so bad xD
    German STO-Forum-Mod

Der Mod spielt
  • Options

Context... The reason, I don't have a english foundry :D It would be so bad xD

Maybe we need a foundry translation team, which would translate german foundrys into english, and english ones into german ;)
  • Options
    rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User

Crazy kinda works but maybe a more accurate approximation would be extravagant (of which crazy can be a synonym). Or maybe even grandiose.
  • Options
    "New Ragel"

wEhKZff.jpg

6iZtRRG.jpg

7esS41Z.jpg

S2iPHb0.jpg

Went for a KDF/Rom Theme ... Don't know if I like it or not.

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    "New Ragel"

An unusual mix but I can see it working.
    ​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    "New Ragel"

wEhKZff.jpg

6iZtRRG.jpg

7esS41Z.jpg

S2iPHb0.jpg

Didn't you say you don't have patience for building citys? I think this is look like one :D
    Looks very nice^^
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Comparing it from the screnshots in your one it feels.... bland. I don't know what it is...

Taco, can we have the New Romulus Fleet Embassey map? Then I can avoid this altogether.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    johnnysnowballjohnnysnowball Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    Very nice indeed.
  • Options
    Comparing it from the screenshots in your one it feels.... bland. I don't know what it is...
    First, it's a quite different scenario in my map. A night scenery, which allows me to play around with those light effects. This let the map look more filled than it actually is.

A few tricks I use when I build cities:
    - I use buildings like walls, no gaps where I don't need a street to create the illusion there is much more behind
    - I'm trying to make streets and places small if there are not enough things to fill it
    - Placing buildings at the top of another building to make it look bigger or just different (like the towers in my last screenshot)
    - I'm using lowered walls to border streets sometime. That'll make it look more filled than it is. The same effect like you see in the conference room of my terran station, that room is nearly empty, but with this grey stripe on the ground and the bars at the ceiling it looks less empty.

Little suggestions to your map, I would change the ground platform on the last two screenshots, those romulan ground platform unfortunetly has hardly contrast on its texture, what makes it look not very detailed. I've also used them first in an earlier version of my map, as you can see here:
    screenshot_2015_05_14_15_37_04_by_mic_86-d94tr54.jpg

Another little thing, the round yellow platform at the tree in your last screenshot. Not sure if you have enough objects left to build this a bit more complicated. What I think of is, to use lowered walls instead of that platform to build a hexagon around that tree (or a octagon, if a hexagon is too small). To fill it inside, maybe the assets "highland rock s01 and s02" could get a earthly texture there, if that withered plants on it aren't a problem (or hide them with other plants).
  • Options
    johnnysnowballjohnnysnowball Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    If enough assetts you could also keep the Rom floor and mix in another floor slightly higher as a kind of pavement or road or even leave holes to fill with new romulus grass platformsslightly lower making little lawns.
  • Options
    If enough assetts you could also keep the Rom floor and mix in another floor slightly higher as a kind of pavement or road or even leave holes to fill with new romulus grass platformsslightly lower making little lawns.
    As mixing different ground platforms could be another good option to let the streets look filled, I still would recommend not to use those romulan platforms. They look too undetailed in any way. Also their color doesn't fit best compared to the color of romulan buildings.
  • Options
    "New Ragel"

[Pictures]

Looks good! :D

Don't stop working on it :)

And, of course, I'm working on my next Mission. After my spotlights are respotlighted (except "Auf der falschen Seite", cause zero and nevandon thought it was called "Auf der anderen Seite"... btw, zero, if you read this, you should have post from nevandon :) ), I can continue working on AST6.
    So... my result from today for you (work in process and suprise, suprise, terran again... A "little" inspired by commandermics terran map):

The "evil thing" the player has to stop
    gameclient20157wtk52nm8d.jpg

Round corridors ftw
    gameclient2015bzslf825yt.jpg

A window in the "corner" of a corridor (outview comes later)
    gameclient20159fwzql3d7n.jpg

And how the map looks in the editor right now (the cardassian station comes over the "evil thing" in the finish version)
    gameclient2015a0n5yriwp8.jpg
    German STO-Forum-Mod

Der Mod spielt