Install Arc
Options

Please Fix the game!!

12346»

Comments

• Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Doesn't apply when people adamantly deny anything is wrong and say it's all your fault when it is not. Then claim it logically can not be anything but your fault. Agree to disagree is not applicable to all situations. Iran denies the holacaust.... Do you agree to disagree? No. There's just-plain-wrong sometimes. Objectively wrong.

And as for Cryptic? Their track record on fixing game-breaking issues in respectable time frames is almost nil. Trusting that they'll get it done? Has NEVER worked. Period.

Sure it does, it always applies friend.

You shouldn't try to change people's opinion. It doesn't matter whether it's right, wrong, or just plain stupid. They are as entitled to share it as you are and if you do not agree all that needs to be said is 'I do not agree' and you leave it at that.

The Internet is a strange place. People have this need to push their own opinions down everyone else's throats. And regardless of the opinon they stick to it to the death.

So when the unstoppable force meets the immovable object you get things like this. Insults, nice long essays and no-one willing to budge and inch. So it's pointless.

But hey, it's just my opinion. So let's agree to disagree and leave it at that shall we? :)
  • Options
    snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    edited February 2015
    synfoola wrote: »
    Hey! I'm on your side here! LOL :)

I wasn't referring to you, buddy :-)
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    coupaholic wrote: »
    nonsensical fluff

You really don't know what you're talking about, and have nothing to add to the issue at hand and the problems the game currently suffers with.
  • Options
    generalzod34generalzod34 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Lets get back on topic please....

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Lets get back on topic please....

Son of Jor-El, KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    About time,wanted to post that myself but due to not having a flame resistant suit i decided not to.

Thank you so much :)

And the jerk post's again, why don't you go play hop scotch with the kids at the playground, you obviously need some more entertainment in your life...:D
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited February 2015

This is your computer lagging, not your connection to the server. It's a card/computer issue - not a Cryptic issue.

There are visible lags with the HUD, powers trays etc. That the developers know about, have commented on publically, and is something they are looking into:

http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/2w8k9e/ability_bar_slow_redraw_issue_persists_even_after/

My suggestion is when you're in player-rich environments (Fleet Defense, SB24 etc) drop your video gfx settings. It will improve your experience immensely.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    This is your computer lagging, not your connection to the server. It's a card/computer issue - not a Cryptic issue.

There are visible lags with the HUD, powers trays etc. That the developers know about, have commented on publically, and is something they are looking into:

http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/2w8k9e/ability_bar_slow_redraw_issue_persists_even_after/

My suggestion is when you're in player-rich environments (Fleet Defense, SB24 etc) drop your video gfx settings. It will improve your experience immensely.

Here we go with "its your computer again" Perhaps you missed the link in my first post that has my network test's and PC specs it is not my computer or anything inbetween me and cryptic.

And did Drop graphics completely not necessary my PC is way beyond the specs needed to run this game, Lower graphics did nothing....
  • Options
    gabrielinwestmingabrielinwestmin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I call bull here.

The game really has started to suffer much more than ever the day that the anniversary event started.

Even @pwecaptainsmirk had a issue in the live stream. I know lots of people saw that also.

It got just a tiny bit better about a week later.

Now the game is back to 70% stable but I still see the random server not responding message and sometimes it is long enough to cause a complete disconnect.

Late in the evening it tends to get worse.

Cross your fingers that after the maintenance patch kicks in that the reboot of the software might actually improve.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Greywolf Taskforce - Officer of the Fleet
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2015

The game really has started to suffer much more than ever the day that the anniversary event started.

Even @pwecaptainsmirk had a issue in the live stream. I know lots of people saw that also.

LOL, thx 4 info.
    Cross your fingers that after the maintenance patch kicks in that the reboot of the software might actually improve.

Sure I always bet on Gecko! :o
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    doltarhrsoljahtdoltarhrsoljaht Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Please fix the lag and bugs that make large portions of the game unplayable!!!

Neither of this is the average victim's -- er, player's fault and has nothing to do with them. This is entirely in the house of Cryptic.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1375161

Most times I get disconnected once every 2-3 hrs of game play, tonight it's a whole new shootin match I actually got disconnected over 10 times in 15 min. SO I decided to say something.

Please do do as much as you can.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Another patch rolls around and still no relief ugh..:(
  • Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Another patch rolls around and still no relief ugh..:(

Another patch & its worse for me,,,,:(
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah I don't know if its the smooth polish GW2 has been giving me over the last 5 months or if this game has gone so down hill that the activation of powers plus their animations feel so broken that like sensor scan seems to recharge before the animation even can even keep up with it. I did get the KDF 3 ships with that pack to try it out but the game is just too damn choppy, laggy, and stuttering like a model t going up a hill I am afraid something will blow me up before I can even see it.

I don't mean this in being offensive or anything but this is just my personal opinion that the game has gone from content wise not being able to pull off a mmorpg of this calliber/franchise to the point where they cannot even keep the game running much less develop it. If you disagree with them about anything now its like you are being run over with ahem a tank in a read between the lines region where they do that to ppl to shut them up over taking it in stride to make the game better.
  • Options
    holofrogholofrog Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The lags this evening was one of the worsest ever, and I don't love it!

I'm not able to play anything in this game, because massive lags and rubberbanding.

If the lag isn't going to be fixed, the game will sadly die, because it's unplayable :(
  • Options
    uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is this possibly an ISP problem? It's never been this bad for this long, and in the past my server problems have been attributed to the dispute between Verizon and Cogent.

This is not a Verizon problem now though.
  • Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The games been playing up since DR was released but my real trouble started 2nd week in Feb when my combat log reader started telling me i was using 5 diff types of weapons(dps down by 5-6k & still is). My shields wont regenerate & hull wont repair. Gone from doing Advance to struggling to do Normal with the same set up. :(

Just looked it up & it was the 9 Feb.

Im in the UK.
This discussion has been closed.