What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please Fix the game!!

Comments

• Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Please fix the lag and bugs that make large portions of the game unplayable!!!

Please support this thread....

Thank You

I wonder. What "large portions" of the game are currently unplayable? Because I haven't found these yet and I'm playing regularly. I had some lags yesterday but that happens quite often on Sundays. Apart from yesterday I didn't experience any lags at all. Bugs like the one unslotting BOFFs and abilities are annoying but don't make the game unplayable.

I seriously doubt that with a wording like this and no explanation given as to what it is that brakes the game for you, a Dev won't even bother to read any further.
  • Options
    synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Rubberbanding in STF's pretty much tanks the whole STF for you and then you end up hoping that the rest of the team can carry your dead weight for the rest of it while you profusely apologize (with more than one of them most likely to reply, "Happens to me too, bro").

Loadout bugs, if not double-checked before you hop into an STF...effectively put you out of the fight since you can't move due to your Impulse Drive somehow being used in place of a Beam Array (and then the cooldown after re-slotting it where if should've been in the first place), can't fight because your power bars are greyed-out due to your BOFFs having an orgy in 10-Forward, and/or fight less effectively since your traits/doffs are unslotted. So you get to risk an AFK flag while fixing your broken stuff or take longer to fix your stuff because a Borg Sphere sees you as a sitting duck and starts to attack.

Avoiding a random crash while flying through Sector has gotten to the point to where I just threw 1-2 million EC at an alt so they can just transwarp between mission assignments and avoid the crashes. It's that bad. "Workarounds" are actually costing me in-game currency now. And Gawd help you if you're flying through different sectors/clusters to DOFF.

And then, after the Anniversary patch, going back to DX 9 to avoid the DX 11 Sector crashes doesn't help because now there are random crashes in both open-maps and instance combat in space and ground. This affects both solo and group play.

These aren't hypothetical situations, folks. These actually happen to me in some shape or form every time I play, sometimes only one or two things happening, sometimes all of them happening. And I'm far from the only one.

So yeah...this may not fit the definition of 'unplayable' for some but it's about as motivating to deal with while playing as participating in a pie-eating contest only to have cow-pies placed on the table.
  • Options
    generalzod34generalzod34 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    szim wrote: »
    I wonder. What "large portions" of the game are currently unplayable? Because I haven't found these yet and I'm playing regularly. I had some lags yesterday but that happens quite often on Sundays. Apart from yesterday I didn't experience any lags at all. Bugs like the one unslotting BOFFs and abilities are annoying but don't make the game unplayable.

I seriously doubt that with a wording like this and no explanation given as to what it is that brakes the game for you, a Dev won't even bother to read any further.

All Patrols and Pve's rubberband and stutter....
  • Options
    shadoreshadore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015

You have a sandwich so we can't be starving?

Aside from that I'm going to do what the holodeck server does to the rest of us sometimes whenever we play and not dignify your attempt to change zones with a response.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The point is, Shadore, there's a sharp difference between "this stuff I like to do has issues", and "large swaths of the game are unplayable". I don't PvP or do STFs, and the stuff I do play (a pretty large chunk of the game, I'd say) is playable. There were connectivity issues for the first couple of days of the anniversary event, but it's gotten better.

This is not to denigrate the issues that appear to be happening with PvP or STFs, but if the complaint can be made more specific, it's more likely to be fixed - otherwise, we wind up in the position of the man who dropped his car keys in the middle of the block at midnight, but searched for them on the street corner because the light was better there. And complaining that the entire game is unplayable when this is clearly not the case can lead to your complaints being (unfairly) dismissed.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    shadore wrote: »
    You have a sandwich so we can't be starving?

Aside from that I'm going to do what the holodeck server does to the rest of us sometimes whenever we play and not dignify your attempt to change zones with a response.

No. More like "I can make myself a sandwich so you should be able to so as well". Believe me, if lags and bugs made the game unplayable the forums would be flooded with rage threads. Since this hasn't been the case the lag problem is either a regional phenomenon or occurs due to a problem with your internet provider or your computer.

As to rubberbanding during patrols, again, I've been leveling my newest toon from 50 to 55 over the weekend and did a lot of patrol missions in the process. No rubberbanding for me.
  • Options
    shadoreshadore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No. More like "I can make myself a sandwich so you should be able to so as well". Believe me, if lags and bugs made the game unplayable the forums would be flooded with rage threads. Since this hasn't been the case the lag problem is either a regional phenomenon or occurs due to a problem with your internet provider or your computer.

As to rubberbanding during patrols, again, I've been leveling my newest toon from 50 to 55 over the weekend and did a lot of patrol missions in the process. No rubberbanding for me.

I'm sorry but I was actually looking to work the joke about the server not responding into a post. Apparently I'm a bad comedian.

That said, there's always rage threads in the forums about almost anything so I might disagree that it isn't the case. Though that's just semantics.
  • Options
    edited February 2015

That's funny regional?? I do Stf's with people all over the world and they experience the same issue runnerbanding and stuttering, will have a Vid posted soon....
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    That's funny regional?? I do Stf's with people all over the world and they experience the same issue runnerbanding and stuttering, will have a Vid posted soon....

Well it was just an example. There have been incidents in the past in which European players experienced constant lags and disconnects while the game ran smoothly for Americans. Or the other way around. Could also be tied to a certain operating system. That's exactly the point I originally was trying to make. They need as many information from you as possible to actually find out what the problem might be. A simple "the game is broken" won't help them at all.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Well it was just an example. There have been incidents in the past in which European players experienced constant lags and disconnects while the game ran smoothly for Americans. Or the other way around. Could also be tied to a certain operating system. That's exactly the point I originally was trying to make. They need as many information from you as possible to actually find out what the problem might be. A simple "the game is broken" won't help them at all.

Video http://youtu.be/fHDuaGov1-k

People in this run are from the U.S., Europe, Australia, and Canada

This is mild lag compared to what we have encountered..

I have rubberbanded through the gate and back to starting position
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Uhm... I'm not saying this isn't happening to some players, maybe even many, but it isn't happening to everyone. I solo patrols and PvE content exclusively and the only times I've seen lag and rubberbanding are at overcrowded social zones like ESD and mission entrances when everyone is eagerly trying to participate in a new event at the same time.

Lag is minimal Solo, but I don't play just to do solo...
    I like to do stf's with fleet members and friends and anything with 2 or more people in it rubberbands and stutters

And no it is not my Os Win7 64bit, not my computer Intel 4770K, MSI Gtx 970, Z97 mainboard, 16gb Corsair dominator memory, and game is installed on a SSD

Not my ISP everything else works fine, it all started at the anniversary patch
  • Options
    longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited February 2015
    I am logging in for minutes already and doubt it will work.

You can give up on winning new players if the first thing they experience is this, and when I can only play during odd hours you can say goodbye to me (not a problem) and my money (matters more I guess).
  • Options
    stumpfgobsstumpfgobs Member Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    longasc wrote: »
    I am logging in for minutes already and doubt it will work.

You can give up on winning new players if the first thing they experience is this, and when I can only play during odd hours you can say goodbye to me (not a problem) and my money (matters more I guess).

You're playing the new login-server2 minigame! I'd like to see someone make a guide to beat it because i tend to fail horribly at it for hours. :(
  • Options
    synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As far as lag/stuttering, for me it seems contained to space STF instances (might have happened once during Bug Hunt but I honestly can't remember) so that could explain why solo'ers aren't coming across this. The actual crashes can pop up anywhere since the Anniversary patch but I don't recall much stuttering in open map group combat like the Undine Space Battllezone or in non-STF groups like Argala Patrols. Granted, I've only maybe done 5 or 6 Argala patrols total so that might not be a good enough sample size vs. the amount of STF's I've done across my post-VA captains.

Like the video posted above, it has happened in ISA advanced as well as Crystalline Cata Advanced on my captains.

I'm also moved to Europe from the US since I first started STO so you'd think that the Cogentco thing would be affecting me in more than just those STF's as I've been leveling an alt as well as ship traits, right?

You think we may be on to something with this, gang? Do you think the stuttering is an isolated STF's issue other than server load at social hubs?
  • Options
    sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    agreed.... please fix the bloody disconnects and the rubberbanding and such....I'm starting to get really tired of this mess....
  • Options
    nightcat3nightcat3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Fehler Beheben?

Bin ich voll daf
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'll go you one further and state it's very possible I don't experience the lag issues others have because I usually play at weird off peak hours when most people are offline.

You openly admit you don't experience lag because your play time puts you into a rare minority example of the entire game playing populace that logs in when nobody else does?

And this, after putting up such a fuss that everyone that experiences lag is to blame and Cryptic can do no wrong?

Puh-leeze. Go back to boot licking.

As to the "I solo so it's better" comments elsewhere, that's not accurate either. It's not some isolated part of the game. I will give you the areas of this game that have proven unplayable for the past 3 weeks, and were rather hindered since DR in general.

- DOFFing - system won't respond, lag won't let me collect rewards, long delays slotting new projects.

- multiplayer - CCA (20 players) one of the easiest out there -- still died several times, warped and rubber banded countless times, had teammates being popped or flat out disconnected because of the major lag. It wasn't just me. Soldiered on, but finished a few in this terrible state of gameplay. Stopped playing them.

- multiplayer - STFs (5 players) - 90% massive lag experience rate. The other night tried an ISA run that failed horrifically because afte the initial cube we went left and 3/5 the team were literally dumped off the server and I was SNR'd locked in place for 120 seconds straight. Suffice it to say we bailed on that one. This level of lag also horrifically impacts damage assignment the server gives to you and definitely weakens your outbound DPS. You get massive spike damage as tons of "hit" damage packets all arrive at once, and meanwhile yours never arrives, period. When you're not "hitting" them (even if it shows you are) the NPCs are rapidly healing as well which makes it an uphill losing battle. 9 out of 10 are horrible enough to have rubber banding, dead pauses, minor delays and glitches in interface interaction, and it severely impacts gameplay.

- multiplayer - ground STFs (5 players) - just so you know it's not isolated to space combat, trying to run BHE and other ground STFs has been met with SNRs and lagout conditions, being dropped a couple of times and flat-out laggy performance left and right. I've essentially stopped running STFs until this BS is fixed. Every time I test the waters I'm punished for my hope.

- single player - basic maintenance and character upkeep: Running to and from rooms to banks, vendors, etc, is laggy as HELL. You will more often than not be stuck on a door that doesn't see you for 10 seconds, or you'll run through a room and then warp back 100 feet to where you started. More often than not the exchange has a massive delay in search filtering and purchase processing, as well as posting stuff of your own for sale. Banks are slow to update and often won't register new item stacks when you transfer inventory items to the bank slots.

- single player - basic patrols: Still major lag. Always micro-warps or mini-lagouts associated with it, often in the middle of combat. More rubber banding, depending on the scale of the mission. Less missions have less lag, larger missions more. Even though I'm solo, EVERYTHING in this game is processed server-side, even mouse position and UI placement, it seems. Basic stuff that should be client-side are all handled server side. That means every AI on the screen is dependent on the server (and the connection to it) to run. Playing solo does NOT innoculate you from the server issues.

- single player - storyline missions: It makes them nearly impossible at times. I lagged through the initial Dust to Dust on all my chars the first time it was released. Then they added the patch that supposedly fixed things but did not in any way, and I went back for the deflector dish. Still so much lag and warping and rubber banding that I couldn't complete basic achievements. It's rather hard to beat the electrified floor portion without dying when you lag backwards into the power arcs. It's downright infuriating to be 75% of the way through the walkways portion of it to get the "complete hard without dying" accolate only to warp-lag rubberband backwards no less than 10 walkways and -- oh yeah -- you're dead because it's not there and the entire time you THOUGHT you were moving .... you WEREN'T. Even basic accolade hunting is nearly impossible with this lag. Hard to make a 2 minute run when you're stuck unmoving for 30 seconds at a time 2-3 times during it.

- and just about any area you can ask, I've experienced game-breaking lag.

This is all since DR. The official response: "We're not doing anything to fix it, it will settle down after people stop logging in." The above is across all zones, all sectors, in almost every part of the game, in battlezones (space and ground) and in solo or team missions. It is not isolated and it is not dependant on the number of players I'm immediately around.

I ask you: How is this not game breaking? There is no part of this game which I can play that isn't impacted by this lag. I am definitely not alone. I'm on enough chat channels that people make mention of it all at the same time. I know *I* do as well. The response is apathetic: nothing you can do about it.

Well.. wrong. Cryptic can do something about it. Their answer was: Don't log in. Their answer was: The load will ease up in a few days, so try back. This was very ignorant and a cop-out to everyone that had objective observation skills.

If cryptic wants to fix the problem, they can. They don't want to. The code is antiquated, sure, but you know what? Before the anniversary event it was still limping along. Whatever they did it was in the anniversary event patch. It cut the game's performance off at the thighs and on top of that the continued reliance on cogentco (worst in the biz) made the codr problems 10x worse.

They need to get the hell away from cogentco and fix the anniversary lag problems.

Neither of this is the average victim's -- er, player's fault and has nothing to do with them. This is entirely in the house of Cryptic.
  • Options
    siriusmusictownsiriusmusictown Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Name one...only ONE mmo without bugs and you get a cookie.
    Guess not,so *puts on soup TRIBBLE voice*
    No cookie for you!!
    P.S:Just to clarify soup TRIBBLE is an old episode of Seinfeld,has nothing to do with real TRIBBLE...l]

Okay, as a paying customer, I am interested in my supplier (Cryptic) using high quality parts and people (game design, internet connection, plot technicians, art directors, developers and code-monkeys) to provide an enjoyable product that meets my needs and specifications. I support this thread as a logical means to that constructive end.

I have been rubberbanding, beginning in the 5th anniversary event. I have had problems with BOFFs going AWOL (and other tooltray issues) approximately since DR. These issues come and go, with bug fixes helping occasionally. Since the 5th anniversary event, the BOFF/Tray issues have been tragic and frequent, reducing my enjoyment of the gameplay. I very much want rubberbanding and BOFF/Tray issues addressed.

I am willing to pay for good content. I have said that before, and I will say it again. I have been an FTP for the six months I was trying out the game. I also made a concious decision to financially support the people and business that make this game possible. My primary reason to buy ZEN is to support the continued development of this game: art in the game, & content in the game. I often buy keys because I do not particularly care for many of the items available on the C-Store, yet I really want to support this business and its employees. If you are FTP, I am one of the people feeding you ZEN that you can get "for free" or DIL.

I enjoyed the reference to the soup TRIBBLE - and yes, I did have to research it... I have not even seen the TV show this comes from... that show must be popular with the East Coast metroplex. Also, sorry about my forum name, it is a K-pop reference, although I am not korean myself.
  • Options
    siriusmusictownsiriusmusictown Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    The point is, Shadore, there's a sharp difference between "this stuff I like to do has issues", and "large swaths of the game are unplayable". I don't PvP or do STFs, and the stuff I do play (a pretty large chunk of the game, I'd say) is playable. There were connectivity issues for the first couple of days of the anniversary event, but it's gotten better.

This is not to denigrate the issues that appear to be happening with PvP or STFs, but if the complaint can be made more specific, it's more likely to be fixed - otherwise, we wind up in the position of the man who dropped his car keys in the middle of the block at midnight, but searched for them on the street corner because the light was better there. And complaining that the entire game is unplayable when this is clearly not the case can lead to your complaints being (unfairly) dismissed.

Tip of the hat to jonsills for a specific, constructive response on this thread.

Thank you for not resorting to generalities, name calling, or personal attacks. Too many posts in this thread are negative, vague or unclear.

Your posts in this thread (and others) are a positive example for the rest of us. Thanks.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I just had the most curious experience. It was the first time in forever that I have not experienced any activation issues with the UI. Sure, weapons weren't firing - folks were rubberbanding all over the place - ISA failed on the first Trans because nobody could get into position to do anything from bouncing all over the place...I had to log out of the game after the failure because of motion sickness; but I didn't have a problem activating any abilities. It was a most curious experience.
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    2 DCs with hard tzime to log in again today and severyl short periouds of heavy lag/rubberbanding
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    You openly admit you don't experience lag because your play time puts you into a rare minority example of the entire game playing populace that logs in when nobody else does?

And this, after putting up such a fuss that everyone that experiences lag is to blame and Cryptic can do no wrong?

Puh-leeze. Go back to boot licking.

As to the "I solo so it's better" comments elsewhere, that's not accurate either. It's not some isolated part of the game. I will give you the areas of this game that have proven unplayable for the past 3 weeks, and were rather hindered since DR in general.

- DOFFing - system won't respond, lag won't let me collect rewards, long delays slotting new projects.

- multiplayer - CCA (20 players) one of the easiest out there -- still died several times, warped and rubber banded countless times, had teammates being popped or flat out disconnected because of the major lag. It wasn't just me. Soldiered on, but finished a few in this terrible state of gameplay. Stopped playing them.

- multiplayer - STFs (5 players) - 90% massive lag experience rate. The other night tried an ISA run that failed horrifically because afte the initial cube we went left and 3/5 the team were literally dumped off the server and I was SNR'd locked in place for 120 seconds straight. Suffice it to say we bailed on that one. This level of lag also horrifically impacts damage assignment the server gives to you and definitely weakens your outbound DPS. You get massive spike damage as tons of "hit" damage packets all arrive at once, and meanwhile yours never arrives, period. When you're not "hitting" them (even if it shows you are) the NPCs are rapidly healing as well which makes it an uphill losing battle. 9 out of 10 are horrible enough to have rubber banding, dead pauses, minor delays and glitches in interface interaction, and it severely impacts gameplay.

- multiplayer - ground STFs (5 players) - just so you know it's not isolated to space combat, trying to run BHE and other ground STFs has been met with SNRs and lagout conditions, being dropped a couple of times and flat-out laggy performance left and right. I've essentially stopped running STFs until this BS is fixed. Every time I test the waters I'm punished for my hope.

- single player - basic maintenance and character upkeep: Running to and from rooms to banks, vendors, etc, is laggy as HELL. You will more often than not be stuck on a door that doesn't see you for 10 seconds, or you'll run through a room and then warp back 100 feet to where you started. More often than not the exchange has a massive delay in search filtering and purchase processing, as well as posting stuff of your own for sale. Banks are slow to update and often won't register new item stacks when you transfer inventory items to the bank slots.

- single player - basic patrols: Still major lag. Always micro-warps or mini-lagouts associated with it, often in the middle of combat. More rubber banding, depending on the scale of the mission. Less missions have less lag, larger missions more. Even though I'm solo, EVERYTHING in this game is processed server-side, even mouse position and UI placement, it seems. Basic stuff that should be client-side are all handled server side. That means every AI on the screen is dependent on the server (and the connection to it) to run. Playing solo does NOT innoculate you from the server issues.

- single player - storyline missions: It makes them nearly impossible at times. I lagged through the initial Dust to Dust on all my chars the first time it was released. Then they added the patch that supposedly fixed things but did not in any way, and I went back for the deflector dish. Still so much lag and warping and rubber banding that I couldn't complete basic achievements. It's rather hard to beat the electrified floor portion without dying when you lag backwards into the power arcs. It's downright infuriating to be 75% of the way through the walkways portion of it to get the "complete hard without dying" accolate only to warp-lag rubberband backwards no less than 10 walkways and -- oh yeah -- you're dead because it's not there and the entire time you THOUGHT you were moving .... you WEREN'T. Even basic accolade hunting is nearly impossible with this lag. Hard to make a 2 minute run when you're stuck unmoving for 30 seconds at a time 2-3 times during it.

- and just about any area you can ask, I've experienced game-breaking lag.

This is all since DR. The official response: "We're not doing anything to fix it, it will settle down after people stop logging in." The above is across all zones, all sectors, in almost every part of the game, in battlezones (space and ground) and in solo or team missions. It is not isolated and it is not dependant on the number of players I'm immediately around.

I ask you: How is this not game breaking? There is no part of this game which I can play that isn't impacted by this lag. I am definitely not alone. I'm on enough chat channels that people make mention of it all at the same time. I know *I* do as well. The response is apathetic: nothing you can do about it.

Well.. wrong. Cryptic can do something about it. Their answer was: Don't log in. Their answer was: The load will ease up in a few days, so try back. This was very ignorant and a cop-out to everyone that had objective observation skills.

If cryptic wants to fix the problem, they can. They don't want to. The code is antiquated, sure, but you know what? Before the anniversary event it was still limping along. Whatever they did it was in the anniversary event patch. It cut the game's performance off at the thighs and on top of that the continued reliance on cogentco (worst in the biz) made the codr problems 10x worse.

They need to get the hell away from cogentco and fix the anniversary lag problems.

Neither of this is the average victim's -- er, player's fault and has nothing to do with them. This is entirely in the house of Cryptic.

Thank you for the post most descriptive! I experience the same issues though I am not a good writer I did not post this in depth.

Every chat channel I am in people complain of the same thing Lagging stuttering gameplay!
    I have canceled my gold sub this month and will not start it again until this game is playable again! Basically this game is now called Spacebook! I log in to chat with the friendly community.

Here is another Vid of Lag, not very bad but have more to come. This is made By @odenknight
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGCHPxxTomI

Enjoy...
  • Options
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Most of the queued missions are lag-fests these days. That's one of the reason that the numbers are down. When you can get the queue to pop it's basically a slideshow rubberband stutterfest.

I said it before and I'll say it again in case you missed it. Cryptic doesn't write/edit code.

Cryptic sends development notes overseas to their code-maker... Typically they send over the requirements "Make X feature that does Y thing and interacts with A,B,C,D,E,F,G." The folks at the code-shop bring the feature to life, they do limited QA there and they blast it back to Cryptic Studios.

Cryptic unzips the package, installs it on the internal shard, and determines "yes this is functional in the minimum sense." They release it to Tribble, the Tribble folks find more faults and bring them to the attention of the Devs.

From there they send the bug-reports back to the code-house, which may or may not be able to reproduce the bugs, or even find a workaround in the timeframe they have to work. Remember they are working on other products and other Cryptic development packages.

The list of bugs grows and grows because Cryptic utterly refuses to make that all important conference call to the supplier: Either step up and improve the quality of your work or we change suppliers.

Such a change would disrupt the new content development schedule they are committed to, this would affect revenue and this would displease PW Corporate.

On the other hand we are now at the point where the game is so ******n broken it is virtually unplayable -- lag, power-tray issues, graphical issues, sound holes in new maps... Doom has been called many times in the past and will be called again no doubt... unless things improve drastically under the new Lead the game will become a footnote in gaming history.
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Correlation does not equal causation.

If one or several would experience lag, then you might and I say clearly might lay the issue in the hand of the gamer, but everyone is experiencing lag. Are all our routers/servers/... the cause that this game of Cryptic is lagging ? Nada, I don't think so.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    noshuffle wrote: »
    If one or several would experience lag, then you might and I say clearly might lay the issue in the hand of the gamer, but everyone is experiencing lag. Are all our routers/servers/... the cause that this game of Cryptic is lagging ? Nada, I don't think so.
    Subcommander t'Shael just cleared "A Fistful of Gorn" and "Installation 18". She then went to mol'Rihan Command, where she sold a number of items on the exchange. She went to look at what the ship selection will be like when she hits Commander (I really dislike the aesthetic of the D'Deridex class), and followed that up by reporting to Admiral Kerenek for her next assignment.

In all that time, I experienced no lag (aside from the aforementioned power-bar issue), nor any rubberbanding.

Do I have some sort of magical direct connection with a secret Cryptic server, or is the problem in fact not so universal as you contend, and possibly more to do with Internet routing than anything else?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited February 2015
    please cryptic don't fix the event lag yet !

Our fleet members are making about 10 to 25 million EC per day farming the event !

ROFLOL
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Subcommander t'Shael just cleared "A Fistful of Gorn" and "Installation 18". She then went to mol'Rihan Command, where she sold a number of items on the exchange. She went to look at what the ship selection will be like when she hits Commander (I really dislike the aesthetic of the D'Deridex class), and followed that up by reporting to Admiral Kerenek for her next assignment.

In all that time, I experienced no lag (aside from the aforementioned power-bar issue), nor any rubberbanding.

Do I have some sort of magical direct connection with a secret Cryptic server, or is the problem in fact not so universal as you contend, and possibly more to do with Internet routing than anything else?

You sir seem to be a minority, all chat channels filled with chatter about lag....
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You sir seem to be a minority, all chat channels filled with chatter about lag....

Or it could be due to complaints being more common than compliments. If a product is working fine, then most people don't bother with praising the product, but if there are problems with a product, then they are more likely to complain or rage about it to vent their frustration.

There is no way to know if jonsills is in the majority or minority as far as lag is concerned since that requires accurate data which Cryptic won't provide. Some people could be experiencing no lag, some lag, or too much lag. Without data to back it up, my guess is that no lag and too much lag are the extremes while most players encounter some frustration due to lag, but not enough where the game becomes unplayable.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    starkaos wrote: »
    Or it could be due to complaints being more common than compliments. If a product is working fine, then most people don't bother with praising the product, but if there are problems with a product, then they are more likely to complain or rage about it to vent their frustration.

There is no way to know if jonsills is in the majority or minority as far as lag is concerned since that requires accurate data which Cryptic won't provide. Some people could be experiencing no lag, some lag, or too much lag. Without data to back it up, my guess is that no lag and too much lag are the extremes while most players encounter some frustration due to lag, but not enough where the game becomes unplayable.

Ok im a member of the DPS channels, all you here in those channels is about lag,boff, and tray bugs...Dps Channels have more then 3000 members. So I guess 3000 people is not enough to say we have a problem...While we are at it lets throw in the NoP Public Service channel aprox. 9000 members, hear about lag in that channel as well. My fleet 362 members also complain about lag...Im just going to stop now...

Fixing those three things would make me a happy camper, but boff and tray bugs I can fix, lag I cannot.
This discussion has been closed.