test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Player Poll! February 12th, 2015

Comments

• craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    #1 Bring back the explorations is a must in my opinion. I miss them :(
    #2 Episodes (decades' worth of lore to mine)
    #3 Fleet Functionality
    #4 PvP
    #5 Foundry
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • w33b33w33b33 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Look, I'm on page 37 and I'm sorry if I get redundant or address already addressed concerns, because I keep trying to get to the next page and a new one keeps getting added on.

I voted fleet. Why? Because I'm hoping for some fleet stuff that isn't just a more expensive store, like someone else put it. Maybe some ingame forums, or better organization, or fleet activities. I dunno, but I'm hoping for it.

My thoughts on the others, in order.

"More PVP Ques."

Again, I've gotta agree this is the wrong question. We wanted more PVP maps... 3 years ago. That ship has sailed. At this point modern PVP is such an unplayable mess that balance is key here. I'd say gut the entire current PVP system and reintroduce an absolutely basic, rock solid ship and level tiered variant with as few gimicks as possible. Player skill, Boff abilities and weapons loadout should determine the day, nothing else. Introduce new things as they're tested against the pre-existing balance. Don't worry, we'll still by the shineys, that's what PVE ques and just blasting the TRIBBLE outta NPCs is for.

Having said that, to me this is a low priority. I understand that there are those who want it, but I pretty much stopped caring about PVP when an old fleet I was in tried to force me to use macros because my housekeeping abilities weren't being used efficiantly enough and dictated a specific ship I had to fly or I wasn't grouping. While that is the way to play a lot of games, LoL for example, a game based on an IP where half the appeal is flying your favorite ships really isn't one where I desire to be bound down like that, and being rather badly visually impaired, thinking I'm ever going to be good enough at it to stop dragging down teammates is a bit of a pipedream.

Whatever you do, Please please PLEASE don't make PVP required. Make rewards of certain types come in faster when doing it, sure. But don't lock anything into being strictly PVP required.

More Episodes. I enjoy the heck outta episodes, don't get me wrong, but you've been pretty good at developing them so far, and I hope that a lower priority on them may keep you from rushing them out the door, and thus will keep the bugs low and messes like the delta patrols from happening again.

Exploration. Honestly, I'm not sure why you took the old ones out. I mean, I'm glad there are other ways of doing things now since they were boring a lot of the time and kinda bad, but really more options for spending your time is always appreciated, and they weren't causing any extra problems, really. Reintroducing exploration missions, even the old ones, really wouldn't bother me as long as you don't replace something else with them.

More Foundry Functionality.

Oh please, yes! A less clunky map editor, integration of screened missions into patrols or, say, your new exploration system would be great. Just yeah, I'm putting my hopes into fleets this time 'round.

Having said that, I have to add my voice to the ever growing horde of people calling for bug fixes. Personally, I don't see the deluge of post DR bugs everyone else is yelling about. I'm not sure if I've gotten off easier or what, but my bug level has remained relatively constant, a couple old ones being replaced with new ones like the boff unslot glitch. Still... this means that bugs from FIVE YEARS AGO still occasionally happen. That... really isn't good, guys.
  • herbiembxxherbiembxx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i would love to see the borg introduced as a playable race-so we explore the hive and understand our enemy better and if the rest of the universe dont comply-resistance is futile
  • rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Poll is a little hard to answer as the questions don't really work.

I'd rank PvP Balance with PvP Queues first.

Then:
    Exploration
    Fleet Functionality
    Missions
    Foundry
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    gulberat wrote: »
    Thanks...I couldn't have put it better.

I would LIKE to think they could do better, but for right now I think the best bet is the most player-controlled one. If I start seeing consistent bugfixes, no more nerfing, and better-implemented initiatives, that could establish a new track record.

But sometimes, you really do have to vote with damage containment in mind, even and especially IRL.

I voted for episodes. Why? Because while they may have been frustrating or sometimes imperfect, they're something Cryptic has been developing skill at implementing continuously for 5 years. I know what I'm getting into. They're better technically executed with each one from a polish standpoint. They're something Cryptic goes the extra mile on and developers seem to take pride in.

I feel like most of the other options will result in shortcuts being taken.
  • lumineon457lumineon457 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    How about you fix the missing costume parts issue that you have YET TO FIX!!!???

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=19512981&posted=1#post19512981
  • wfs5519wfs5519 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Three-story types: Man versus man, man versus nature/environment, man versus self
    I see man versus nature/environment as being a missing element in the game that should be the core of exploration. Visiting an alien planet finding an ancient technology and having to fight your way through an ancient temple, dodging hazards and trapssolving puzzles and gaining rewards as you progress could be one example

Add a racing element or two players are pitted to get through the temple until the end first things like that could add a lot of interest
    That said, exploration is one of my big ones
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This marks the twilight time of day one for voting, make sure to tell your friends and fleetmates to come vote before Monday!

You have 3 full days left, make em count! :)

Gnite everyone!

~Smirk
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    starswordc wrote: »
    The difference is we've got something of a track record for Cryptic making a lousy decision and (at least seemingly) using the poor response as a justification later. E.g. the Bortasqu' not selling well because it flew drastically different from anything else in the faction's inventory (not to mention the gimped cloak and shields and ridiculous inertia value) leading to no new KDF ships for over a year.

If people are that paranoid, they shouldn't vote at all.

To vote for one thing or the other, then justify anything they vote for will turn out bad because paranoia.

If people just clutch their pearls and are that jaded, just stop playing. Because then it doesn't really matter what Cryptic does or doesn't do, and if you seriously believe that they can't do anything right, why even throw your two cents in? Because it's all going to be TRIBBLE anyway!

You aren't participating in an electoral system that will have far-reaching consequences if you vote for the wrong one.. You're participating in an opinion poll. That is it.

You aren't voting for what wire to cut on a bomb. You're voting for what interests you.

There is absolutely 0 advantage for purposefully skewing an opinion poll.
    gulberat wrote: »
    Thanks...I couldn't have put it better.

I would LIKE to think they could do better, but for right now I think the best bet is the most player-controlled one. If I start seeing consistent bugfixes, no more nerfing, and better-implemented initiatives, that could establish a new track record.

But sometimes, you really do have to vote with damage containment in mind, even and especially IRL.

So why vote at all? If you legitimately think they can't do anything right, why participate? You aren't doing any sort of damage control. All the poll is for is to gauge what we want to see more of in STO.

Some of you think this gives you some sort of empowerment over design decisions at STO. There is absolutely nothing in that poll that signifies exactly how they will approach any of those issues as they are voted on. For all you know whatever you voted for has an equal probability of having unforeseen consequences, if not worse consequences than you possibly could imagine if something else 'won' the poll.

Smirk wasn't having a poll to decide what the lesser of all the evils are. He didn't create the poll with any sort of design approach in mind. Anyone who votes out of fear is just being ignorant and closed-minded.

If Cryptic has legitimately put you in a mindset where anything you vote for is out of 'damage control', you aren't playing a game anymore.

"What is your favorite ice cream flavor?"

"Well, I like chocolate ice cream the most, but I'm afraid if I say chocolate they're just going to TRIBBLE it up, so I'm going to vote vanilla."

"Okay, here's your vanilla ice cream."

"I guess this ice cream is okay and all, but it'd be better if it was chocolate. I like chocolate ice cream more."
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • shadowtempest47shadowtempest47 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Honestly, something I've felt which was frustrating was the fleet actions, since the recent changes with delta rising, it's been extremely difficult to get any gear from the actions as they require you to always do elite version to get the parts required to complete the projects. Which in turns allows you to access the gear required for future missions and episodes. It's made a seemingly impossible roadblock for progress, which hampers enjoyment in the game.
  • sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited February 2015
  • warhorseonewarhorseone Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug fixes and polish is the only thing I'm prepared to vote for. Haven’t been able to use DX11 since Delta Rising and DX9 performance on multiple graphics cards pales in comparison (before DR that is).

Would also love to see a 64bit client.

EDIT: dodgy spelling
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug fixes and polish is the only thing I'm prepared to vote for.

This would certainly get my vote.
  • hunterguyver4hunterguyver4 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I personally want to explore the nebula/rifts/clusters again rather then have it be DOFF assignments. I found that when leveling up they were a great help. I also wish the episode lists would be left alone. If you have to add new episodes just add them the existing lists!
    "Richard, I'll give you one word of advice, you shouldn't anger a demigod" - Lord Archanfel, Supreme Zoalord and leader of the Chronos Organization in the series Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor series.
  • trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1. Ability to upgrade T5U ships to full T6 (Add specializations, additional BOFF power)
    2. DOFF Revamp
    3. Make upgrades cost less dilithium and Tech Points
    4. Bug fixes/balancing
    5. Ability to have different captain powers (Photonic Fleet is worthless)
    6. Show small fleets some love
    7. All the stuff on the poll

Do this stuff and maybe I'll put some monies into the game :P
  • vaadwaurprimevaadwaurprime Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    trelane87 wrote: »
    1. Ability to upgrade T5U ships to full T6 (Add specializations, additional BOFF power)
    2. DOFF Revamp
    3. Make upgrades cost less dilithium and Tech Points
    4. Bug fixes/balancing
    5. Ability to have different captain powers (Photonic Fleet is worthless)
    6. Show small fleets some love
    7. All the stuff on the poll

Do this stuff and maybe I'll put some monies into the game :P

I would love to see this! I want my Scimitar to be able to utilize T6 boff powers, and also they need to make Federation T6 ship traits cross faction usable so i can use reciprocity and desperate repairs on my KDF aligned Romulan ships.
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This marks the twilight time of day one for voting, make sure to tell your friends and fleetmates to come vote before Monday!

You have 3 full days left, make em count! :)

Gnite everyone!

~Smirk

hell smirk, may ask the right questions next time?!?! u confused it all up like many stated in here. that way u destroyed the whole outcome, it's worthless :mad:!

"pvp queues".. we need balance, not more queues...

"more episodes" coming anyway, eh?
  • vaadwaurprimevaadwaurprime Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    wast33 wrote: »
    hell smirk, may ask the right questions next time?!?! u confused it all up like many stated in here. that way u destroyed the whole outcome, it's worthless :mad:!

"pvp queues".. we need balance, not more queues...

"more episodes" coming anyway, eh?

lol pretty much this.
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I voted for PvP, because its where my heart lies.

But sincerely you need to balance out your game before touching PvP.

And all the other things on the list - keep adding them two.
  • nativejoenativejoe Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I wish for bug fixes!

Currently the game is pretty much unplayable!

2nd to that I would want some incentive to PVP!

3rd Exploration missions! While it is the Core to Star Trek, I would like there to be some multiplayer Fun...make it happen. I want to be able to explore stuff with friends... semi random stuff.

4th More missions... You've produced great quality missions as of late. While I would vote for this as the TOP... I only play thru them once...and it takes u guys 3 months to make one...so.......yeah

5th Bug FIXES! seriously just stop production on everything else and just start fixing things. Clipping weapons, graphical errors...but most certaintly the damn lag on the UI... Not being able to see when my weapons are firing is killing me, as well as hitting my hull and shield heals 12 times and waitiing 10 seconds for them to go off is literally killing me
  • craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    fix the crashes :(
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • dova25dova25 Member Posts: 475
    edited February 2015
    I would vote for Reciprocity+Battle ready made cross-faction
    "There already is a Borg faction, its called the Federation. They assimilate everyone else's technology and remove any biological or technical distinctiveness and add it to their own."
    I refuse to be content https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U
  • drumcd74656drumcd74656 Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Cryptic needs to ******FIX****** PvP, not just add some queues! Cryptic's management ineptitude has taken us way beyond what throwing a few scraps at the dogs will correct.

No, those jack-wagons will look at this poll and do exactly what they did with the Klingons by saying "see, nobody wants us to develop PvP".

Unlike other problems, if you ignore them customers DO go away, but then you have another problem don't you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kerygankerygan Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Before adding ANY new stuff , you have to add T6 intel fleet ships , its easy to take money , and don't care after that. T6 fleets should have been added even before command ships.
  • janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    And I would also like to add:

"... plus more fixing of game-breaking bugs, and less fiddling with non-broken mechanics"!
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    More PvP Queues
    --Queues are the least of PvP's problems. Balance, matchmaking, rewards, and the need to not PvP in order to be competitive in PvP (i.e. post-DR progression rates) all need to be addressed long before more queues are added.

More Episodes
    --Sure. I like the Episodes, so long as they aren't composed of Patrols. Oh, and actually have something useful as a reward. They do need some serious attention as far as contributing to our progression, though, since we now have 60 (+80) levels worth of progression to get through.

Exploration Missions
    --Does anybody remember when we used to be Explorers? I do. We had these cool maps that gave us a better shot at doffing missions, we could get bridge invites to avoid having to fly all over Sector Space just to check and see if our Colonization chain was available, and had random missions to wander out to for no reason other than... random. At least put the maps back...

More Fleet Functionality
    --Eh, maybe? While I like the idea, I'm in a smaller Fleet and don't really care about added functionality since we haven't finished out the existing functionality. Also... where Fleet functionality is concerned, added functionality means added grind, something we have in abundance (both in variety and quantity).

More Foundry Functionality
    --I guess. I do like the Foundry in theory, but in practice I haven't bothered with it in ages... maybe the occasional foray into grinder missions to test out a ship in a shooting gallery or whatnot, but the removal of Fleet Marks, addition of loot caps, etc. have kept me elsewhere.

My vote... hrm... there is so much else in the game that has been tampered with that needs attention more than what's on the list. I guess Exploration because it's the only thing that doesn't actually exist... other than PvP queues, but that is a symptom rather than the underlying problem. Really, most of the rest of the list is the victim of some other issue with the game, rather than needing attention in and of itself. YMMV
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • mchenckulamchenckula Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Greetings from germany.
    I wish a better balanced and for all players playabel pvp not only pvp-lists.
    For all players means not only for this folks with epic equipment and
    with million of ecs and dilithium on his bank for pay to win every round.
    The little gamer should also have a fair chance to win against other pvp-players.
    A way to select pvp-ques in rooki, advanced and expert for the players.

Sorry for my simple english. I hop it is a bit understanding.
  • bzdryngolbzdryngol Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hi, I would like to take this opportunity and ask to respond on my last question about exploration missions, I noticed that they are (fortunatly) popular in poll:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=22266131#post22266131

"Hi captains, can you recommend some missions with eye-catching maps? I really like the 'trek' part of this game. Maybe you have some screenshots?

Maps in explore strange new worlds were usually nice."

I will be grateful for answer ;P
  • eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug fixing
    Less grinding
    Pvp (many vs many)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
This discussion has been closed.