What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Player Poll! February 12th, 2015

Comments

• Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I strongly suspect exploration = Delta Rising style patrols. Please consider that when you vote.

I would truly hope not, but I sadly wouldn't be surprised. I actually found those DR patrols more boring than the old random exploration cluster missions. At least the old explore missions had space and GROUND components sometimes.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited February 2015
    amosov78 wrote: »
    Voted for Exploration Missions, however if you are to introduce a robust exploration system into STO then there needs to a system added for the KDF too. Perhaps an Exploitation System, where you scout sector/quadrant space and pillage resources of various types from unsuspecting planets, colonies, stations, and starships.

What if your choice of reward for completing a Exploration/Explotation mission had the option of a random choice of gear including a level-less version [think DontDrunkimshoot suggested as a way to help balance PvP matches]?

Add in the ability for PvP maps to be created via the foundry?

We get more missions to play, different maps to play on and a baseline gear to use in a level-less gear PvP que option.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Appreciate the forum engagement, thanks! It appears my vote for PVP turned into a vote for database error. The Prophets have spoken, even the forum poll is saying one thing:

Bug Fixes.

May the Prophets guide you...

(I also don't PvP, but see huge potential in PvP/PvEP and some balanced vanilla-type PvP where owning many ships can help your team strategy, etc. etc.).
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    shineshadowshineshadow Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I went in for episodes, since those are reliably solid. "Exploration Missions" is a blank cypher onto which people are projecting all of their hopes and dreams, which inevitably means they'll fail miserably.
  • Options
    lordrelentlesslordrelentless Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    To all the people saying "more pvp" "it's the end game content" shut up. PVP in this game is garbage. It is unbalanced and it is unbalanced in a way that can't be fixed. There is a huge gulf in capabilities between the three classes (Science, Engineering, and Tactical). Real end game content would be greater exploration, more story content, and better more frequent events that are actually fun.

Right now the PVE zones are boring, they're over powered and don't fit the play style and capabilities of all the classes.

Rather than adding PVP and PVE adventure zones which are the same old same old repeating quests how about adding real content.

We need better functionality in game play, bug fixes, and greater flexibility and customization with our ships. How about building more places on Earth? In the last five years we've only ever seen ESD and the Academy. Why not build locales like New San Francisco, or New York, or Tokyo, etc. Go after the Sung story-line and even maybe player housing.

Another thing, why is it that the Fleet Dilithium Mine isn't supplying dilithium to the Fleets when we mine dilithium? It is still setup so that we players only get 40-50% of the dilithium we mine, what's happening to the rest of the dilithium? Either if we mine 900 or 1000 dilithium on the Fleet Mine we should get that amount so we have enough to put towards the Fleet projects or the dilithium we don't get needs to go into a fleet dilithium pool which can be refined and used purely for the the purposes of the fleet.

Fleet ship modules need to be dropped in cost as well since none of the current fleet ships are T6 (nor as far as I'm aware are any of them are able to be upgraded to T5-U)

Let's fix the problems of the game, give better content, and quit talking about PVP as if it were the end all be all for this game. I suspect about 70% of the people who play this game won't even touch the PVP due to it's imbalance and there is no fixing that imbalance.
  • Options
    kadieraskadieras Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Independent Romulan Faction.
    Like the Romulan Alliance System? Of course you do, it sounds fine to you because you aren't Romulans, you're FED or KDF who are going to make a Romulan alt, it makes a HUGE difference in perspective.
  • Options
    texan1986texan1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i would love to see the specialization tree go account wide and have the ships you get from lock boxes have a option to buy it on other characters this might stop people from leaving because we are getting tired of grinding
  • Options
    vaadwaurprimevaadwaurprime Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Voted for PvP, we need some bug fixes and balance passing on it, and definitely need more PvP queues.

For those saying PvP is too unbalanced to be fixed, shut up. People like you are the reason devs dont even try. So again, shut up.
  • Options
    mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    #1: Exploration; this is Star Trek after all. Why the hell don't we have Exploration? And if it IS Delta Rising-style patrol missions with some ground combat and scanning minigames or whatever thrown in I really wouldn't mind - those patrols were actually pretty cool... the first time around.
    #2: Foundry, and Foundry functionality tied into exploration. Cryptic, please... save yourselves work in the long run by letting the players make more content for you. People whine about episodes, you guys can't make that many episodes, I understand that... But people want them nonetheless, and UGC is the obvious solution to this issue.
    #3: Fixing the rank system. This isn't a massive content expansion, but I find it important enough that it should sit here on my list. Millions of Vice Admirals flying around was bad enough. But now we're all FLEET ADMIRALS? This is incredibly silly.
    #4: Romulan fleets.
    #5: More faction content; a better Foundry would be a decent substitute for this though.
  • Options
    kwyjenkwyjen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Wish that had been 1 of the choices.. seriously :cool:
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Where is the option to vote for More Grinding, P2W and timegating?
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    hgamerhgamer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't want any of these been done before bugs are fixed.
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited February 2015
    I strongly suspect exploration = Delta Rising style patrols. Please consider that when you vote.

old style exploration

patrols type 5 minute canned mission delta style is not what is wanted

Is not exploration and not what is wanted , The old stuff was so shallow it was comical

people want entire worlds with civilizations on them to meet and explore.....class M planets to explore and colonize and defend..territory to add to there federation or empire

it should take days and even weeks to fully explore a world , find out its resources and suitability for colonization , then colonization would be real end game content
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    tinkerbelchtinkerbelch Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I vote Tier 4 pvp queues.
    Use T4 ship,
    gear set to mk x,
    no fleet consoles.
    no specialization trees,
    no rep
    only captain traits
  • Options
    mrbdamienmrbdamien Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'd quite like a stable version for Mac. I'd love to play for more than 3 minutes before my Mac freezes. :mad:
  • Options
    rybrarianrybrarian Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Nice to see Episodes up there. That's what I voted for.

Probably would be #1 if there was a little bit more incentive with mission rewards. A lot of what you get is unfortunately, just not that helpful. Special BOFFs, DOFFs, one time weapon rewards... all of those make me excited to get them done.

Would love for Explore Strange New Worlds or something like it to come back, but still a little confused why it was taken away in the first place.

If you guys are looking for new areas of content, I would really like the ability to customize the interior of your ship. I know, I know... you kind of can. Kind of. But why can I fella decorate his quarters? Or position bridge officers on the bridge? Why can't I fully explore my ship, and do a lot more things within it? So much of Trek happened on the ship. We spend a lot of lot of time from the outside looking in.
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My preference by order of most desired:
    • More Foundry Functionality
    • Exploration Missions
    • More Episodes
    • More Fleet Functionality
    • More PvP Queues

I hope exploration wins, but I voted for foundry - it is the only sustainable exploration content and we need dedicated and numerous improvements for this content creation tool.
  • Options
    msduckmsduck Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    how about 'more stories' the problem with almost all of the current content is the 'captain' never makes any decisions, they just do what whatever officer tells them to do.

a better plot tree type story, with multiple options, would help a lot for repeated play through
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    How about an episode where the Federation grows some cojones and kicks the Kobali out of the Alliance for habitual dishonesty and systematic abuse of sentient rights?
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1: Bug fixes. Don't even consider making more content until you fix the already-existing bugs. Case in point, the City area of Defera Invasion. That bug went on for YEARS before you finally fixed it this month. Seriously. YEARS! Bug fixes are the priority.

2: If and when the bugs get fixed, then the next choice is to make fleet functionality more relevant. This is supposed to be a multiplayer game after all.

3: PvP just needs to go away.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    babette7babette7 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thank you dev's for asking us what we feel. After reading some (not all) of the 11 pages of comments, so far it seems that there are a lot of strong opinions! I feel that you could tie the fleet quests with exploration and make many people happy, just please don't force us to pvp, that would be a deal breaker. It would be fun to check in with the fleet, make a group (or not) and go exploring in a random place with a random quest. Please remember that many couples play this game and I really dont want to play without my husband, and sometimes other people get in the way.:P
  • Options
    doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I vote Tier 4 pvp queues.
    Use T4 ship,
    gear set to mk x,
    no fleet consoles.
    no specialization trees,
    no rep
    only captain traits

I like that, prety much what I'm doing in our KDF fleet with a special event where other low lvl players can win 1 Millions EC if they can kill my actual low lvl char with no rep no significant stuff, etc.
    And belive me I have full stuffed chars overpowered on everything but I still have lot more fun playing that 1 Million EC event even if I'm loosing EC from time to time ;)

We had that kind of PVP in AOE (AGE OF EMPIRE ONLINE) it was great and realy balanced, here it could be a way of refreshing PVP Qs and get lot more people mostly tired of the infinite grind we got lately.

I'd vote that without a doudt just after my 2 first priority :

1 - FIXE BUGS !
    2 - STOP BREAKING FIXES WITH NEW BADLY DONE CONTANT !
    - 3 - ELITE PVP (T4 ship pvp)
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
  • Options
    metaphorgrandemetaphorgrande Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    BUG FIXES! anything to help stabilize the game, for the love of Zul! If you fix it they will come.
  • Options
    ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What a BS way to make ppl not choose PVP by not including revamping it! Seriously, this is honestly going to be my last year playing this game if all we get is more repetitive missions and Cryptic having people wave their credit cards to buy more ZEN!

As for exploration, I feel people are just putting hope into something that's ultimately going to not happen, or if it does it's going to be very repetitive and boring.

I'm sorry, but I'm really getting sick and tired of PVP always being neglected because Cryptic want to focus on making more ships that we ultimately don't need and want us to keep on grinding! Seriously, what purpose does making my ships so powerful serve if there's nothing really challenging to fight except for an npc that I'll just circle and spam my abilities with no real skill!?

If Cryptic can actually make one of these things on this poll happen, and it's fun, I'll eat my words and shut up! Fair?
  • Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Exploration Missions = patrol missions

Why would anyone want more of that????????????????
  • Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lol singleplayer content winning in a mmo ...boggles the mind

server running is the drm i guess.
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited February 2015
    To Explore strange new worlds

To seek out new life and new civilizations

To boldly go where no man has gone before............

That's Star Trek
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jellico1 wrote: »

it should take days and even weeks to fully explore a world , find out its resources and suitability for colonization , then colonization would be real end game content

Hit a wall. Spend 25 specialization points and 150k dilithium to unlock the ability to cross the wall.
This discussion has been closed.