test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dil Event not affecting mark or BNP/Iso/etc turnins

Comments

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    First of all...

Might want to get Smirk to quote you or something, since like many folks you're not showing up in dev tracker...so folks may simply not see your message there.
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    First of all, I would like to apologize on behalf of the Star Trek Online team for the incorrect information posted in the Dilithium Weekend blog and the confusion that followed. Even though the in-game calendar text for the event is correct, we should have made doubly sure that the text in the blog was also correct. We have indeed adjusted the Dilithium Weekend. Unfortunately, the blog did not have the updated event information. I’m going to take it a moment to fully explain these changes and hopefully help everyone understand why these changes were made.

Our goal for the Dilithium Weekend is to provide the community of Star Trek Online with the opportunity to earn Dilithium at a significantly increased rate on any Dilithium earned through play for the duration of the weekend. As the event had been run over the last couple of years, we noticed a trend that fell out of line with the goal of players getting bonus Dilithium on anything they’ve earned through play over that weekend. While the earn rates for Dilithium remained fairly constant for any type of content that provided it as a reward, the earn rate for Dilithium that was collected using the mark conversion projects during the event skyrocketed. When we allowed mark conversion projects to gain a bonus during the Dilithium event, the vast majority of people were only using mark conversion projects during the event. By not offering a bonus on these projects, we are making mark conversion projects valid and valuable all the time, not only during the few Dilithium Weekends we run every year. We are committed to making sure that Dilithium is more available in game, and to that end we are currently working to introduce Dilithium rewards to episode and patrol play by the end of this month.

With that being said, it is understandably frustrating to expect one sort of bonus only to receive another. In order to make up for this error in communication, I will be converting the Dilithium Weekend we are running this weekend into a Dilithium Week. Everyone that logs into Star Trek Online can now earn Dilithium at an improved rate from the time you read this post through February 12th 2015 at 10 a.m. Again, I apologize for the lack of proper information in the blog and I look forward to seeing you in game and earning bonus Dilithium for an entire week.

Stephen Ricossa
    Executive Producer

You have fixed this the wrong way round.

The way real customer service works is you fix your mistake by delivering what you promised, then make sure people are aware of how it it for the future.

This company has no idea how to keep customers happy and you have the monopoly on long play star trek games, this is the only reason people continue to log in. In the desperate hopes that this company can redeem it self, but everyday this seems less and less likely.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    With that being said, it is understandably frustrating to expect one sort of bonus only to receive another. In order to make up for this error in communication, I will be converting the Dilithium Weekend we are running this weekend into a Dilithium Week. Everyone that logs into Star Trek Online can now earn Dilithium at an improved rate from the time you read this post through February 12th 2015 at 10 a.m. Again, I apologize for the lack of proper information in the blog and I look forward to seeing you in game and earning bonus Dilithium for an entire week.

Stephen Ricossa
    Executive Producer

you brought some good news too.
    thanks for that :)
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    First of all, I would like to apologize on behalf of the Star Trek Online team for the incorrect information posted in the Dilithium Weekend blog and the confusion that followed. Even though the in-game calendar text for the event is correct, we should have made doubly sure that the text in the blog was also correct. We have indeed adjusted the Dilithium Weekend. Unfortunately, the blog did not have the updated event information. I’m going to take it a moment to fully explain these changes and hopefully help everyone understand why these changes were made.

Our goal for the Dilithium Weekend is to provide the community of Star Trek Online with the opportunity to earn Dilithium at a significantly increased rate on any Dilithium earned through play for the duration of the weekend. As the event had been run over the last couple of years, we noticed a trend that fell out of line with the goal of players getting bonus Dilithium on anything they’ve earned through play over that weekend. While the earn rates for Dilithium remained fairly constant for any type of content that provided it as a reward, the earn rate for Dilithium that was collected using the mark conversion projects during the event skyrocketed. When we allowed mark conversion projects to gain a bonus during the Dilithium event, the vast majority of people were only using mark conversion projects during the event. By not offering a bonus on these projects, we are making mark conversion projects valid and valuable all the time, not only during the few Dilithium Weekends we run every year. We are committed to making sure that Dilithium is more available in game, and to that end we are currently working to introduce Dilithium rewards to episode and patrol play by the end of this month.

Stephen Ricossa
    Executive Producer
    Thanks for the explanation, and thanks for the event extension.
  • donkeybong420donkeybong420 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    First of all, I would like to apologize on behalf of the Star Trek Online team for the incorrect information posted in the Dilithium Weekend blog and the confusion that followed.

apology not accepted ! im not doing your patrols and episodes over and over for dill no matter how much you make them. You screwed us for a dollar and you know it, the whales will pull out there credit cards and buy dill, i won't you screwed us bud!
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's taken a while but managed to sift through the forums on this subject so here are my thoughts.

Cryptic.....I have nothing yet everything to say, does that make sense people? I have such criticism towards Cryptic, but just can't find the words that fit so such a deep negativity and resentment will have to do. I was actually feeling I should post something about what Cryptic does right like the Omega minigame - it's actually a fund game but this just wipes it out. I have this strong feeling of resignation that there's just no point to be constructive, productive and a sense of a long future in STO yet I'm passionate about the game.

I'm already down to logging in to keep the basics turning over, treading as little water as possible to keep some pace in the game but Cryptic is coming up with more and more ways to tell me "don't play this game it's not worth it". One wonders when you'll nerf contraband as 2/3k dil for 5seconds of login time and 4hrs wait is probably not profitable. I love....loved STO but even with these 'events' I feel it's such an effort to play...grind that despite the perks I struggle to justify the time and effort when it ultimately leads to better stuff that I'll use to grind the same content I'm grinding now. So many changes and additons without thinking about the consequences or communicating with the community you don't even understand you're own game.

I can't shake the feeling that I want STO to tank and see Cryptic and PWE hurt bad financially because that's the only thing that seems to matter to them and I'm sure there are those that are doing their best like the art people and I hope they know deep down a lot of this negativity is not aimed at them it's aimed squarely at those that are making the decsions that upset the community so to those innocent people I sincerely am sorry that you are caught up in this.

I question whether my days in STO are numbered even with LTS. I stopped buying ZEN and I've got off the grind train which has left me with no reason to play the game other than the new episodes, it's the one reason I can say I won't quit forever but that's it. Every time Cryptic comes out and shows a glimpse of turning the corner you do more damage than an Omega molecule!

I hope that these words actually hit home just how I feel about the road STO is on and while I'm not surprised by Cryptic's actions (something I'm expecting now) I'm moving closer to treating this as a passing fancy game which used to be my primary game for the last 5 years.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    soiduts wrote: »
    This doesn't make up for the fact that turning in marks has ALWAYS been part of Dilithium Event time. First you make us grind the marks, then time gate the turn in of the marks, and now nerf the reward and you expect people not to be upset?!

The blog stated that marks would continue and you should honor that otherwise you're acting like a Ferengi. Bad start as Executive Producer.
    You did see the part about how doing that was skyrocketing during the events? That change was made to combat such behavior and for one, I agree with the change. You don't have to like the change, but getting angry because of it doesn't help matters at all.

In response to Mr. Ricossa's post, thank you for the response and for the change to the event. I, for one, appreciate the effort you put into the event.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, TRIBBLE... that means by the end of the month, all sector patrols including Argala will have a cooldown timer. ugh
  • soidutssoiduts Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You have fixed this the wrong way round.

The way real customer service works is you fix your mistake by delivering what you promised, then make sure people are aware of how it it for the future.

This company has no idea how to keep customers happy and you have the monopoly on long play star trek games, this is the only reason people continue to log in. In the desperate hopes that this company can redeem it self, but everyday this seems less and less likely.

Completely agree. I think player morale is at an all time low now after this.
  • trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Absolutely unacceptable! You and your team should have communicated your intentions better, instead you guys tried to cover it up and act like this was intentional to begin with. What about marks earned during the event? Using your logic those should give more dilithium than marks earned any other time. You guys always promise you're gonna add more ways of getting dilithum, I remember Stahl saying the same things when he was in charge, this isn't a very good start.
  • englishnodenglishnod Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Stephen Ricossa
    Executive Producer

and yet not to long ago you people NERFED all the Dil in the PVE Queues, i get that people are not conforming to the way you want us to play the game i really do BUT here is the thing you can NOT go on a nerf rampage as seen by the PVE Queues over the past 4 months and then take this last hope for the game from people with the nerf to marks.
    The way i see it if you are adding dil to missions/patrols etc then it had better be a decent amount and none of this 240 dil rubbish and actually increase the rewards again for the PVE Queues because they are seriously dead!
    You really are not making the end game any fun or actually playable with all the nerfs you are banding around, The spec trees are far to grindy even by WoW standards!
    Currently (for me at least) i have lost interest in this game, i log in do the anniversary mission and log back out and go play other games, NOTHING currently makes me want to grind the spec points it is far to long winded and with what is effectively no substantial rewards to be noted.
    I used to spend hours upon hours in this game and since Delta Grinding that has gone, i really can not stomach grinding argala over and over again for spec points and episode replays are just not worth the time for the little rewards (xp wise) to do otherwise i would run them all again.

As for your apology it was more of laying down the law and by no means an apology and i held hopes that you would fix the issues that the last guy created prior to you taking the chair.
    I would still like my money back that i spent on the Romulan pack over Christmas as it is clear this game is rapidly going down the pan now.
  • mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I understand why this's been nerfed... But not only is this a really bad time for a nerf like this, but if you're gonna nerf it (Particularly now of all times), then why did you remove the note from the news? Are the majority of players so dumb that you assume they won't notice. Because if that's the kind of playerbase you're trying to attract, then that explains a few things.
  • suprcheesesuprcheese Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    First of all, I would like to apologize on behalf of the Star Trek Online team for the incorrect information posted in the Dilithium Weekend blog and the confusion that followed. Even though the in-game calendar text for the event is correct, we should have made doubly sure that the text in the blog was also correct. We have indeed adjusted the Dilithium Weekend. Unfortunately, the blog did not have the updated event information. ...
    In order to make up for this error in communication, I will be converting the Dilithium Weekend we are running this weekend into a Dilithium Week. Everyone that logs into Star Trek Online can now earn Dilithium at an improved rate from the time you read this post through February 12th 2015 at 10 a.m. Again, I apologize for the lack of proper information in the blog and I look forward to seeing you in game and earning bonus Dilithium for an entire week.

Stephen Ricossa
    Executive Producer

UNACCEPTABLE. Your team's ineptitude at successfully announcing in advance such a massive change that crushed the plans many players had been making for months cannot simply be compensated for in this fashion. You must reinstate the dilithium bonus on marks etc. as has always been promised for bonus dilithium events, or suffer the consequences of extreme player loss.
    There is no problem in the galaxy that cannot be solved with sufficient application of firepower.
  • soidutssoiduts Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You did see the part about how doing that was skyrocketing during the events? That change was made to combat such behavior and for one, I agree with the change. You don't have to like the change, but getting angry because of it doesn't help matters at all.

I didn't say I was angry, I am disappointed with the deception and lying though. This was handled very poorly. Marks turn-in has been part of Dilithium Events for years. It was still listed on the blog as of today.

The Reputation 50k reward was removed from stacking in the last Dilithium event and everyone can honestly agree that the extra reward there was unfair to Cryptic and wasn't intended. Al talked about this in a podcast a few months ago and I agreed there.

The honorable thing to do is to state your are sorry for the error, which was done, but to also reinstate the marks turn-in. If they want to remove marks turn-in for the NEXT event, then tell us in advance that a significant change is going to occur in the way the event has operated from previous years.
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    We are committed to making sure that Dilithium is more available in game, and to that end we are currently working to introduce Dilithium rewards to episode and patrol play by the end of this month.

Thank you for the personal response Mr Ricossa. If you make good on this promise and make the amounts meaningfull rather then token then you will have earnt points with me.
  • xxxseadog117xxxxxxseadog117xxx Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I just love how a few months ago we were asking for apologies. Now that we have one all we do is criticize it.

NOW, I will get less dilithium this week, but I agree with the marks downplay. Now I can turn in marks without knowing I'm wasting marks early.

This is the best communication we had in a while guys.
    Kurland Here Kurland Here This is Kurland Kurland Kurland Here Kurland, Do you copy?

chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Here's a Tissue for your Issue.
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thank you for the personal and official response.
  • trillscientisttrillscientist Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    While I understand the reasoning I still think you should have waited until you had introduced the buffs/new ways of gaining dilithium and THEN you could have hit us with the nerf. Maybe even introduce both at the same time.

That said - an apology AND an extension of a dilithium event in one post? Holy ***, did satan just put on his ice skates?
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Stephen Ricossa
    Executive Producer

Firstly, thank you Stephen for your extremely rapid response to players' concerns on this. It is appreciated.

I remain frustrated with how this has been handled, and personally disagree with the decision over rep projects - as others have said, the fact it was seemingly sneaked in as a 'stealth nerf' made does come across as a little petty, and counter to the intentions you and others have recently declared in other threads (which was not particularly helpful during this time of low player morale and frayed tempers). That said, the decision has evidently been made, and what is done is done.

Regardless, I welcome and accept your explanation and apology (and I hope others do), particularly the fact that you have not just provided pretty words, but rapid action as well, by extending the weekend. I think this is demonstrative of good faith/intentions on your part, and is a welcome move.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    By not offering a bonus on these projects, we are making mark conversion projects valid and valuable all the time, not only during the few Dilithium Weekends we run every year.

This is the same sort of logic that led to you guys thinking that making the popular pve queues harder would encourage us to play the other ones, isn't it? And you still think you're doing us a favour with this...

Well, the extension to the dil weekend may not even come close to making up for this fiasco, but it's certainly more than I expected from you, so kudos for that I guess.
  • crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As the event had been run over the last couple of years, we noticed a trend that fell out of line with the goal of players getting bonus Dilithium on anything they’ve earned through play over that weekend. While the earn rates for Dilithium remained fairly constant for any type of content that provided it as a reward, the earn rate for Dilithium that was collected using the mark conversion projects during the event skyrocketed. When we allowed mark conversion projects to gain a bonus during the Dilithium event, the vast majority of people were only using mark conversion projects during the event.

News flash: That is what these events are for! Simply because everyone is using mark conversion for their bonus Dilithium doesn't mean it's getting out of control. Everyone should be able to decide for themselves how to make that extra Dilithium. I'm sure a good number of people are also using the mines and other dailies to get their extra treat. But since mark projects are the most rewarding, most people go for those. Once again: the players decide how to make use of an event like this, and not you deciding for them.
  • trekkietravistrekkietravis Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is the best communication we had in a while guys.

^^THIS!

I hope communication will be improved with SalamiInferno taking the reigns!
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I remember a game of hourly events when you could slide for 5 or 10 minutes during that hour and not hoard at all...
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Stephen Ricossa
    Executive Producer

Thank you for the apology and explanation. That being said, I think you need to bite the bullet and honor the weekend as advertised, only then can honor and good will be restored.

Is that bit of extra dilithium players may earn by honoring your word worth more than your already battered integrity? Is it worth dealing with all this outrage which could be mitigated (for the most part) by just honoring your words.

I would think just letting the weekend play as advertised was the obvious and easy choice but burn baby burn, just keep burning those bridges.

Seriously think about what your doing for your sake and ours.

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • ussrenegade01ussrenegade01 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have been saving up for months waiting for DIL weekend so I could maximize my efforts. Saving BNPs, saving Marks, working on the rep for my alts. All for nothing. I have held off on getting equipment that would have been quite useful, not gotten DIL that would have been long spent on better equipment, all that planning and preparation and patience and sacrifice for a more efficient long term goal and all for nothing.

I'm not even going to try to be eloquent here, you are not worth my time to devise an eloquent and articulate representation of how I feel right now. Basically, you suck. You really, really suck. You pull bait and switches, you abuse your player base, and every time you try to add something new to the game you TRIBBLE it up while breaking something else in the process. You suck at your jobs, you suck at making games, you suck at programming, you suck at dealing with your community. You just suck.

You should just rename the game Disappointment Online so everyone knows what they are getting into when they start playing. Not that I have faith that you could successfully change a graphic without lagging the game to high heaven, or even correctly spell disappointment, because as I mentioned before, you suck.
  • innuwarriorinnuwarrior Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Stephen Ricossa
    Executive Producer

So you found out how we made tons of dilitium and since that doesn't get you any zen you happilly take that out and NERF one important way for a lot of player to get dilitium and get rid of thousands of marks.

Instead, its go grind some more for your dil, play the maps nobody wants to play for dilitium or do the same old one over and over and over.... Extending is like putting a band aid on a large open wound, its just not gonna do it.

First you miscommunicate about it, than say you made too much dilitium so we're nerfing that and "Oups! Sorry we made a mistake in our publicity". Well if you were in my country you would be forced by law to abide to your own publicity and give bonus rewards from marks and bnc/etc or face a fine and lawsuits.

You ppl seems not to care one bit about your customer and playerbase, lots of ppl are angry and rightly so. You keep pushing majorly bugged update, spend lots of time fixing thing like snowguns and such while gaming experience deteriorate more and more. Now you nerf the only thing we were looking forward on dilitium week end, converting our marks and bnc/etc into dilitium.

Very well done, I'm done spending money in this game unless there is a major change in corporate decision and that upcomming game Star Citizen seems more and more to my liking and will most likely receive my gaming money from now on.

An very, very, very unsatisfied customer/player.
    Jamal : Tactical space specialist. USS Bug Warrior and many others
    E'Mc2 : Science Reman torp T'Varo, deadly annoyance :P
    Kunmal: Tactical fed Klingon, ground specialist, USS Kanewaga
    Ka -tet Tier 5 fleet fully completed Starbase and fleet property
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I remember a game of hourly events when you could slide for 5 or 10 minutes during that hour and not hoard at all...

Yes, this. Bring back the daily bonus events and you won't have people focusing so much on the rare weekends (because that's all they have left).
  • darthraiderxxxdarthraiderxxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Stephen Ricossa
    Executive Producer

Thank you for your quick and detailed answer.

But because of the wrong news blog and not announcing this change before the event, you can probably understand the outrage from us players. If you would have made this post yesterday, there certainly still would be some outrage but not on the level of what we have now. Changes like this should always be announced ahead of an event, finding out about it once you are in game always leaves a sour taste behind.

Extending the event to a full week is a good change and i hope this is something you also consider for future events. I am more a weekday player and weekend events don't really fit in my gaming schedule and i doubt i am alone with that.

And since you probably are aware of the masses of rep marks some of us players have, i also would like to see a bigger mark turn in project (500 marks would be a reasonalbe size) as it takes simply too long to turn in marks with just 50 per project currently.
  • wanderintxwanderintx Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    First of all, I would like to apologize on behalf of the Star Trek Online team for the incorrect information posted in the Dilithium Weekend blog and the confusion that followed.

Thank you for the apology and the extension of the event.

I originally wished the bonus had been reinstated, but the week long extension will probably net me more dilithium in the long run.

This information would have been better appreciated before such a big change to a longstanding event. Probably would have been best to have us receive the bonus one last time and then announce the change and reasoning, which makes sense to me.
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I didn't see the dev response until after I posted.

Having read it again I can see why Cryptic made the change but their handling is as expected so it's hard to change my opinion based on this one response. "Sorry", to me, is a big word but only if you mean it and not repeat such examples again but Cryptic's track record leaves much to be desired new EP or not. Extending event is a plus, so yes thank you but it doesn't undo the damage, merely gloss over it.

The event doesn't change the game I'm logging in to only makes it more rewarding which isn't enough. So I'm not going to shoot down this response but it doesn't really change my view it only softens the blow.
This discussion has been closed.