test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dil Event not affecting mark or BNP/Iso/etc turnins

Comments

• crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,791 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Is someone losing their job about this ILL communication? Come on guys..its still a capitalistic society...if you cant produce please let them go :mad:
    DUwNP.gif

• viper1422viper1422 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Cryptic,

I have been a loyal supporter for 5 years. My confidence has not been shaken, even with the mishaps and poor choices when Delta Rising went live, but this is now beginning to make me question my faith in where STO is going. I LOVE STO! BUT, how can I continue to tell my fleet members that everything will be ok when every chance the players get to move ahead, we get a slap in the face?

Yes, thank you Cryptic for the bonus dilithium weekend! We do appreciate it! My concern is the random removal of the turning in marks and items bonus from the reputation. This is something we have ALWAYS had before. (On a side note, I do understand why we don't get the bonuses for completing reputation trees.)

The thing that really gets me is that it was advertised ahead of time that we would be getting the bonuses for turning in marks, and then it was suddenly (ninja-like) removed from the dev blog AFTER the bonus weekend began.

To me, this is FALSE ADVERTISING. I really question the support for the players when something like this is done. I'm not threatening leaving, or badmouthing, just voicing a MAJOR CONCERN!

Please reconsider your choice in this matter.

Viper1422
  • angrydexterangrydexter Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is absurd! The blog specifically said marks and things would still be eligible. I can understand the 50k and event reputation, but this is too far. There isn't much point to limiting the amount of unrefined dil we can acquire. The daily refinement limit is already the gate mechanism. The forums are going to burn.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The bug is with the original announcement, not the way things are operating. Those projects are not supposed to be affected from what I've been told.

Frost, but sure enough - with that announcement - folks quoted it in the main thread over there (actual yesterday) while complaining about the T5 rewards, that the E-Marks still would - even joking about it with APCs. Surely somebody should have seen it at that point and corrected it if it was in error, no?

Sure, I saw the thing that said no Rep turn-in bonuses and assumed it had meant none of them, so I didn't expect it to...but if that announcement was made at the point that it was, shouldn't it have been corrected earlier rather than the stealth correction that took place with folks heading in there expecting one thing?

Meh, I know that it's not likely your place over there on the team to QA what the CMs are doing but...well...man, it's easy to see why some folks out there are going to be even more pissed off than they were before.
  • captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The bug is with the original announcement, not the way things are operating. Those projects are not supposed to be affected from what I've been told.

It doesn't matter if you never intended us to get these extra rewards, you still advertised them right up until a few minutes after the event went live. The fact that you apparently think you can just sweep this under the rug like it's nothing is just insulting.
  • soidutssoiduts Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2015

It said right till 1pm that we could turn in marks. Submitted bug report.
  • daniela1055daniela1055 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Another week, another bad decision. Cryptic is really good in killing their own game.
  • cjseven01cjseven01 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    what a joke the only bonus you get is for dilithium mining ?
    I seem to recall mining being a massive part of star trek NOT!

Dilithium mining is a boring mini game no one bothers with, why give a bonus to something no one uses ?
  • x10110100x10110100 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ah, the old bait and switch, good job Cryptic.

List it on the main web page one way where most people will see it, then have it work someway less favorably in game with the only bit of information telling the truth basically being the fine print on one small screen in-game.
  • mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Well this is extremely disappointing given that ALL past dilithium events have in fact reward extra dilithium for these turn in's and leads me to unfortunately concluded that Cryptic have once again decided to swing the nerf bat at something that was giving players a nice reward (I can only assume because too many players were perceived to be building up a marks surplus to cash in during the event rather than as they go and then work it off over the following months).

Unfortunately this is just a another example of what seems to be the common theme to nerf the rewards for playing the game into the ground and add such hefty dilithium sinks to the game that its going to be impossible for new or casual players to get into the game easily.
  • earwigvr6earwigvr6 Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Disgusting guys..... Truly disgusting !

Why do we keep getting shafted in this game of late.

You add things to the game that nobody wants such as restructuring old episodes nobody wants, redoing ESD that nobody wants, redoing club47 that nobody wants.

Everything is just grind, grind grind and yet the slightest opportunity at getting a little refining done so we can catch up on the upgrading dilithium sink is taken away from us....

I am trully dissapointed. This game is getting more and more of a money hole. It's like anything that you could get away with "Selling" to us is pushed on us all the time and any means of maybe getting there for free is taken away from us....

The more you push this TRIBBLE on us, the more it will turn us away and the less money you will actually get in the long run.

You wont raise the refining limit as you want us to BUY zen and change to dilith. You take away the best means of getting lots of refining done for the EXACT same reason !

Well...

I'm done. You will not get anymore Money from me. And when my 6 month sub runs out this time it will NOT be renewed.....
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited February 2015

BAIT & SWITCH

No better example. ANY respect I had for your team is gone. I get that mistakes happen, but to edit a posting at the last minute that essentially devalued what I had saved by 50% because @LaughingTrendy could not take the time to confirm a major game-changing currency alteration is utter TRIBBLE.

Before:
    Everywhere else in the game: (including turning in Marks/Neural Processors/Cybernetic Implants, etc.)
    50% Bonus Dilithium Ore

After:
    Everywhere else in the game:
    50% Bonus Dilithium Ore

Any pretense to professionalism gets stripped away when you make colossal errors like this.
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    so once more we have been nerfed and lied to
    enough is enough
    sorry cryptic but now you have went too far
  • ragnarnidhoggrragnarnidhoggr Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This nerf doesn't even make sense, considering the hard 8k cap for regular users, 10k cap for lifetime + fleet users. Is dil ore that big of a problem that Cryptic / PWE was losing money over it, and they absolutely had to change it from the last time around?!

Because last time we had a dil event, there were no restrictions. I guess too many people got over 100k dil ore from that, and we can't have people actually making progress in the game without paying!
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This has to a BAD!! joke right!

I have never complained about this game until now!

This is a joke beyond jokes...
    JtaDmwW.png
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Man. I try to keep positive, but this constant pettyness on the part of the decision makers at Cryptic is really f*****g annoying. Its like an active strategy to sabotage players efforts to make the grind just that little bit more bearable.

I'd also like to thank Frost for posting. He could easily have hidden out of sight and said nothing, like many other devs do, but he had the decency to share what he knew with us, even though it probably had nothing to do with him, but would lead to some rage coming his way regardless.

Its sad as I was feeling quite positive toward Cryptic only a few minutes before reading this, due to Bort making a big effort to fix several long standing doff assignment related bugs.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    SNR during a mining claim and I just lost 10K dil. :/
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    this is an outrage, a classic example of both false advertising and bait and switch tactics. i call upon the new ep to make this right. to show the players that this isnt another one of cryptics tricks and lies
  • squadalaxdsquadalaxd Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Look at all this ****ing marks i grinded for nothing http://i.imgur.com/hmismLd.png What the flying ****, nice nerf you god damn pieces of ****. **** you!
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited February 2015
    Doubtful they will do anything.

They lied, AGAIN. And it's left up to the guys in the trenches to take the heat.
  • originalshakkaroriginalshakkar Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This isn't acceptable. Changing the announcement now and not giving us the promised bonus is unprofessional in the extreme. Considering the bad will this has caused I think you obviously need to implement the promised change for this weekend. Frankly if you don't I will hold this against you in money not spent.

Give us what you advertised. Or suffer consequences of poor professionalism and customer service.
    I used to be Shakkar with thousands of posts. My very identity was stolen from me so now I am originalshakkar, the original.
  • crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I had spend some money on some zen. About €10 for a 1000 Zen, the rest I would save up through dil refining every day up until 2500. That way I could get myself a new ship. This event would have helped alot to make it happen. But yes, I already regret spending that €10. Truly disappointing.
  • koihimenakamurakoihimenakamura Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This isn't acceptable. Changing the announcement now and not giving us the promised bonus is unprofessional in the extreme. Considering the bad will this has caused I think you obviously need to implement the promised change for this weekend. Frankly if you don't I will hold this against you in money not spent.

Give us what you advertised. Or suffer consequences of poor professionalism and customer service.

They won't, because it was never something they intended to do. I imagine that right now trendy is probably a very unhappy person though.

ETA: That said, if I don't see an apology for this mistake, I'd be less forgiving. Because it's one thing to post wrong information, it's quite another to post wrong information and never ever apologize for it.
  • jasonl21jasonl21 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's essentially a TRIBBLE up. They could do the decent thing, but will they? Probably been ordered not to.
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited February 2015

No you guys have been lying to us. You have nerfed the damn event.
    There always was a bonus to marks... and now you tell us such a bull**** here.

Your methods are nothing but fraud.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    "Dilithium event !

Have nothing but Dil mines and STF/Foundry reward affected. Every other sources of Dilithium stay exactly as they are."

The more this event is going, the less content is affected. Not sure we can still call it an event at this point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • koihimenakamurakoihimenakamura Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    swatop wrote: »
    No you guys have been lying to us. You have nerfed the damn event.
    There always was a bonus to marks... and now you tell us such a bull**** here.

Your methods are nothing but fraud.

So you've never misspoken? Man, amazing. Tell us your secrets!

Seriously. Also, a bonus not being there isn't a nerf. A /nerf/ would be them cutting rewards, not simply not boosting rewards.
  • jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    So you've never misspoken? Man, amazing. Tell us your secrets!

Seriously. Also, a bonus not being there isn't a nerf. A /nerf/ would be them cutting rewards, not simply not boosting rewards.

You're right, it's false advertising. The blog post, for days and during the start of the event, said it would specifically buff mark and BNP/ISO/etc turnins. This is not the case. And thought they've edited the blog post, there was a time (about 40-50 minutes) while the blog post said one thing and my system tab and refined dilithium counter said another.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • soidutssoiduts Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Everyone can understand the big Reputation turn-ins being normal during event time as they would be giving a bit too much but reputation marks and other reputation turn-ins especially since its been like this for years is bad form especially since it was also advertised that it would be still available.
  • gilrandir00gilrandir00 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is a disgusting decision. Everything else has already been said multiple times.
This discussion has been closed.