test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dil Event not affecting mark or BNP/Iso/etc turnins

jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
edited February 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
See title - even though the dil weekend is active, turnins of 3 BNP's/whatevers and 50 marks of anything aren't giving bonus dilithium.

Reproduction steps:
1. Waited for even to be active
2. Started a new mark turn-in.
3. Received 500 dilithium.

See following system log:
[1:05] [System] [NumericLost] You lost 50 Omega Marks
[1:05] [System] [NumericReceived] You received 500 Dilithium Ore
[1:05] [System] [GroupProjectCollectionFeedback] Collected rewards for "Ongoing War Efforts".

Successfully submitted ticket ID #3,161,911.
SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    yeah.... confirmed
    the event is running and nobody can get the dil bonus

great cryptic... really great
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited February 2015
    confirmed - no dil bonuses on turn in of any kind.
  • sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I fear this may be on purpose....they changed the event description on the website (must have changed a few mins ago):

"Dilithium rewards from completing Event Reputation Projects no longer receive a bonus.

This also includes the large reward of 50,000 Dilithium a player earns when completing a reputation."

What a shame :(

Hoarded all those marks/bnp/powercells/implants for nothing...
  • ragnarnidhoggrragnarnidhoggr Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Don't worry, it'll get fixed next week, once the Dil w/e is over. So next time we have a dil weekend, we'll know beforehand that only dil claims are supposed to reward extra dil, at least it'll be honest.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    edit: Never mind, apparently the blog had said something different before I read it yesterday.

edit2: My yesterday wasn't actually yesterday - I don't run a normal clock cycle sort of thing.
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Got confirmation from ingame people. I'll give bug report ID's as soon as possible.
  • jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    sf911 wrote: »
    I fear this may be on purpose....they changed the event description on the website (must have changed a few mins ago):

"Dilithium rewards from completing Event Reputation Projects no longer receive a bonus.

This also includes the large reward of 50,000 Dilithium a player earns when completing a reputation."

What a shame :(

Hoarded all those marks/bnp/powercells/implants for nothing...

Also, Cryptic, your blog post used to say
    Everywhere else in the game: (including turning in Marks/Neural Processors/Cybernetic Implants, etc.)
    • 50% Bonus Dilithium Ore

We saw that. Don't change it now. That's just wrong.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

• ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Definitely no bonus....some trolls in game saying it's not broken.....smh...
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
    edited February 2015
    Looks like they changed their mind...I hope this is a bug...but somehow doubt it :(

I still enjoy this game a lot, but I must say that this is quite low if it's not a bug.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    The bug is with the original announcement, not the way things are operating. Those projects are not supposed to be affected from what I've been told.
    STO QA Team
    edited February 2015
    Previous state of dil weekend post.

Current state:

Presumably this is related to the bug I'm reporting.

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

• tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    This is utterly pathetic, what is the point of the turn ins if they don't work for the rep projects?
    The bug is with the original announcement, not the way things are operating. Those projects are not supposed to be affected from what I've been told.

They've always worked like that from the get go, why the sudden change of heart?
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
    edited February 2015

That line was in when the event was live. That is rather upsetting. I hope this isn't the first thing we get out of our new EP.

Edit: He's done much better than this, good job Stephen.

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

• tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    That line was in when the event was live. That is rather upsetting. I hope this isn't the first thing we get out of our new EP.

more of the same imo
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So why the nerf guys?

We were advised we'd get the bonus, we haven't. Don't nerf the notes, just engage the bonus.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
    edited February 2015
    This is rather upsetting news... :(
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Then there should be a full explanation of why this has been changed from the previous event.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Well that's really disappointing. The blog was originally worded correctly, then. It was later edited to claim these would still be affected.

I originally took it that this would be the case, then the edit got my hopes up. (Not hopes for getting more dil, couldn't care less about that, hopes that I wouldn't have to read rage posts all weekend...)
  • raeatraeat Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So, now they are haphazardly revising history to TRIBBLE the players. How can you play a game that doesn't allow you to expect even the basics? What are they going to retroactively change next?
  • olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
    edited February 2015
    people are pretty bummed, but I don't know, w/e?

I can say this, I'm sitting on millions in unrefined, and marks and tokens up the wazoo

what the heck do you guys (devs/ep/gamerunners) care if we add to the unrefined pool, heck --- right now please gift me 10 trillion unrefined dilthium, no make it infinity, make it a bottomless pit of unrefined dilthium. yes that.

it doesn't matter

because unrefined is 100% useless when the refine-rate is 8k a day

so what does it matter? other than pissing off your players?

seriously, do some math on this one
  • papertoastypapertoasty Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Current state:

i hope they realize that this is false advertising.
    post one thing, then change it to cover a bug, pretty sleazy
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    raeat wrote: »
    So, now they are haphazardly revising history to TRIBBLE the players. How can you play a game that doesn't allow you to expect even the basics? What are they going to retroactively change next?

To be fair, they're revising history to what it originally was. Why they made that edit to claim mark/trinket turn ins would be included yesterday, we'll probably never know.
  • gravehorrorvacuigravehorrorvacui Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is shady. Announcements can't have bugs. Thats not how they work.

Please fix the dilithium rewards for turning in marks for this weekend. Then, if they really should not be rewarded during dil weekends, make that change for the next weekend.
  • captainbaldycaptainbaldy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Current state:

That's kinda messed up, guys. You said you were going to give us something, then didn't and now you're backtracking on the original promise. Very, very uncool.

So basically you're altering the original agreement and we should pray you don't alter it any further? Lando would not approve
  • darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015

So is there no communication between the programmers and your Community Management which writes these News in your Blog? No Quality Management?

The upcoming rage is your fault. ;) It is one fault from many. Punish your customers for your own mistakes.

And a stealth nerf of the text is also a very bad idea. ;) You never learn to communicate with your customers, do you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ragnarnidhoggrragnarnidhoggr Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't think I've ever seen an MMO producer lose the good will of its community as hard as Cryptic / PWE has with STO. Literally every single decision they've taken since DR dropped has been anti-consumer, anti-user.
  • reviedereviede Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is soo utterly pathetic.

I assume this is all about getting Players to buy more zen to convert to dil.

well, guess what, in my case you are wrong.

i am actually going to cancel the 3 Subs i pay for monthly for me and my Kids.

congrats of finally crossing the line alienating People playing for years.
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is total bull****. For the sake of CS and this being you're error AGAIN and misleading information fed to your customers for this event you must in the interests of customer service reinstate the Rep mark bonus. and then for future events pull the plug if you wish.
  • captainbaldycaptainbaldy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015

That's kinda messed up, guys. You said you were going to give us something, then didn't and now you're backtracking on the original promise. Very, very uncool.

So basically you're altering the original agreement and we should pray you don't alter it any further? Lando would not approve
  • exsteeleexsteele Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Historically, we've been allowed to cash in rep projects for a bonus during dil weekends. So for this to come out of the blue it a bit... disconcerting.

Because here's the thing: MMO developers KNOW for a FACT that the only reason people keep playing their games is because our brains are wired to seek rewards. The promise of enhanced rewards, but then taking that away, is like giving a drug addict a hit of something that's actually half detergent. It's a crappy thing to do, and no one's happy.

And another thing: The amount of dil we can refine is stuck at 8k (give or take). It's not like I can turn in all my marks for a billion dil, cash it in right NOW, and then buy everything in the zen store. And people have to log in every day to refine their windfall, which is what you want people to do ANYWAY. The more unrefined dil we have in reserve, the more we'll log in at a future point.

Cryptic gains absolutely nothing with this apparent nerf, and I hope they reconsider.
This discussion has been closed.