test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kobali Samsar T6 Cruiser

Comments

• raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am going to be sad if none of us play this piece of music when we get into the ship during the mission "Dust to Dust".
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • rhyskingsrhyskings Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Am I the only one having problems finding the "Dust to Dust" episode? I scrolled through everything on the Available tab, I'm Vice Admiral [51] playing as Starfleet. I don't see anything on Overview tab. I feel like I must be missing something really obvious. Any guidance is appreciated.
  • highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rhyskings wrote: »
    Am I the only one having problems finding the "Dust to Dust" episode? I scrolled through everything on the Available tab, I'm Vice Admiral [51] playing as Starfleet. I don't see anything on Overview tab. I feel like I must be missing something really obvious. Any guidance is appreciated.

Its not out yet >:D
  • starbase1114starbase1114 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The new ship looks great but for us that roleplay we want to know will it have access to the other decks if not why? I guess the bigger question is when do we get i new look for the inside of the ship other than just the bridge? We end up buying the stuff any way so why don't you fix this after 5 years have already pasted!!!! We need an interior upgrade that way long over due!
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It does resemble a Kilrathi ship. :)

The Sar Thein is way more kilrathi looking tbh. It looks a lot like a kilrathi corvette. Out of curiosity, which kilrathi ship does the new cruiser remind you of?
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    The Sar Thein is way more kilrathi looking tbh. It looks a lot like a kilrathi corvette. Out of curiosity, which kilrathi ship does the new cruiser remind you of?
    the Bhantkara class. Both have an elongated main body with several forward facing pointy things sticking out.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Anybody else flying around in a Mirror Universe Heavy Cruiser Retrofit (T5) in preparation for the Samsar? Maybe say running a Universal console in one of the Tac Console slots?

Cause with the transition from that MUHCR(T5) to the Samsar (FT6)...

-1 Turn
    +15% Base Shields
    +25% Base Hull and Scaling to 60
    Cruiser Starship Mastery
    – Absorptive Hull Plating: +25 Kinetic/Physical Damage Resistance Rating
    – Rapid Repairs: Regenerates hull (1.25% of your current max) every 3 seconds in space. (Twice this amount is regenerated out of combat.)
    – Enhanced Hull Plating: +25 All Energy/Radiation Damage Resistance Rating
    – Armored Hull: +10% Hull Hitpoints
    Trait – Starship – Emergency Response: While this trait is slotted, your hull and shield heal bridge officer abilities will have their recharge times reduced by 10% if you suffer damage while below 50% hull health. This can occur once every 4 seconds.
    Console – Universal – Regenerative Integrity Field: When activated it provides a large hull heal that improves in strength as health decreases. In addition, it causes all outgoing directed energy attacks to heal your starship for the amount of damage dealt. This console also provides a passive bonus to hull healing.
    +2 Eng Console slots; where you could move that Universal from the Tac slot to one and run that Regenerative Intregity Field in the other - while adding in another Tac console.
    +1 BOFF Ability (Engineering/Command slot)

So after flying the MUHCR (T5) for a couple of weeks, when moving into that Samsar you might go...ohhhh.

Or am I the only one goofy enough to be doing that?
    edited January 2015
    Anybody else flying around in a Mirror Universe Heavy Cruiser Retrofit (T5) in preparation for the Samsar? Maybe say running a Universal console in one of the Tac Console slots?

Having 36 Main Chars (Main Account) and 16 Alts on my Second Account, i must Unfortunately say NO iam not Preparing any of my Characters for this Ship, even so i really really would like to Fly it, since it looks Awesome

Reason like stated in the Posts before is the Restricted Layout, this Ship right now is only Interesting for People who want to Fly it as a Tank (no other Option atm anyway)

Therefore i was, and am still asking the Devs / Cryptic to PLEASE change the LT Commander Command / Engineering Station to a LT Commander Command / Universal before it hits the Live Server, so People can Choose to fly it Tac / Sci / or Eng Focused, that way it would Appeal to everyone, and not just a Portion of the Players.

Many Players allready stated that the only Reason for them to get it, is for the Console / Warpcore and the Ship Mastery that it comes with, and that after that they will Park it in the Ship Vendor forever....is that what they have in Mind for this Brand new Ship? Just a Spare Parts Donator?? Others clearly stated that they are not Interested in it at all.......

so....DEVS Please do your Playerbase this Favor and make it Interesting for EVERYONE.
  • acolyteacolyte Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    That ship is so disgusting to look at, i get sick just by looking at the screenshot.

You could have done so much BETTER than that TRIBBLE.

I got no reason whats so ever to participate in the Anni events now.

Thank you ;) time saved.
    This game is getting more & more Hostility each day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crytek205crytek205 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hmm so why do the waadwaur Astika battlecruiser look like a 90% copy of the kobali samsar cruiser.. OMG SO ****ing stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::
  • elamirekeenbladeelamirekeenblade Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2015
    Oh that thing is beautiful!

A perception of art unexpected from a zombie species! :p
  • damzelltrilldamzelltrill Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Complete the new anniversary featured episode “Dust to Dust” for a one-time reward of 400 Anniversary Q-mendations.
    Is that one time per character, or one time per account?
    A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
    "Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Having 36 Main Chars (Main Account) and 16 Alts on my Second Account, i must Unfortunately say NO iam not Preparing any of my Characters for this Ship, even so i really really would like to Fly it, since it looks Awesome

Reason like stated in the Posts before is the Restricted Layout, this Ship right now is only Interesting for People who want to Fly it as a Tank (no other Option atm anyway)

Therefore i was, and am still asking the Devs / Cryptic to PLEASE change the LT Commander Command / Engineering Station to a LT Commander Command / Universal before it hits the Live Server, so People can Choose to fly it Tac / Sci / or Eng Focused, that way it would Appeal to everyone, and not just a Portion of the Players.

Many Players allready stated that the only Reason for them to get it, is for the Console / Warpcore and the Ship Mastery that it comes with, and that after that they will Park it in the Ship Vendor forever....is that what they have in Mind for this Brand new Ship? Just a Spare Parts Donator?? Others clearly stated that they are not Interested in it at all.......

so....DEVS Please do your Playerbase this Favor and make it Interesting for EVERYONE.

In the command/engineer seat, try:
    1. Overwhelm emitters (command)
    2. Dem (engineer)
    3. Call emergency artillery (command)

It isn't attack pattern omega but its not a pure tank either.

As a free ship, I'm not surprised its not the game's most uber death machine. And really, how many event ships do you see after the event? I bet this will be exactly the same.

That said, a universal command seat would be cool. But maybe too good. I'd more expect the first of those to be lieutenant not lieutenant commander rank.
  • zeatrexzeatrex Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Kobali starships are known for their exceptional ability to provide support to their allies in large scale starship combat. The Samsar Cruiser is a durable Kobali Tier 6 cruiser we're giving out during our anniversary event that was outfitted to fill the role of a mobile command center.

Get your sneak peek at the Kobali Samsar here!

~LaughingTrendy

I really hope we can take off both those fin-like things on the side of that front area and those wings on it's side... I really hope we have that option in the Ship Customization because of not, make it so please!
  • giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lol, a pvp ship when pvp is dead... woah the devvies are more stupid than what i thought hahaha
    Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

• nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    crytek205 wrote: »
    hmm so why do the waadwaur Astika battlecruiser look like a 90% copy of the kobali samsar cruiser.. OMG SO ****ing stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::

Eh? Its nothing like it, apart from a small part aft, upper deck??
    server_hamster6.png
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Is that one time per character, or one time per account?

It should be per character, like it was last year.
    edited January 2015
    bmcd73 wrote: »
    So basically do this on mission on all your characters once. Then pick a character to do daily until you have 1000. Once you turn in the other character's events will then switch to 40 commendations? Is that how it's going to work or will we have to bang it out first, then add the event to the other characters once we finish it?

I suppose you can do this initially and get your 400 commendations but do not slot the event or apply them to the slotted event until AFTER you finish it on one character.

I did the math for you in this post:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21951401&postcount=428
    edited January 2015
    crytek205 wrote: »

nyxadrill wrote: »
    Eh? Its nothing like it, apart from a small part aft, upper deck??

They're both long in general and have pointy bits.... my god they're both ripoffs of the Boeing 747so totally lame... no wait they ripped off the seawolf submarine even lamer... no I must still be wrong they both ripped off the v'ger probe and the whale probe at the same time. Gah, what was the designer thinking!

note: for thos who don't speak sarcasm, I am agreeing with nyxadril and mocking crytek
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zeatrex wrote: »
    I really hope we can take off both those fin-like things on the side of that front area and those wings on it's side... I really hope we have that option in the Ship Customization because of not, make it so please!

It would also be nice to be able to change the hull color, as IMHO it would look much better in grey or maybe blue, rather than....pink? It'll probably be completely non-customizable, but fingers crossed.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zeatrex wrote: »
    Jamjamz said you could do that in this particular post here.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • sacredpreysacredprey Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i want this ship time to get to work hope there is enough time
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's impossible.... Simply because what one person likes another might dislike.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's impossible.... Simply because what one person likes another might dislike.

How and WHY should People Complain, if the Ship would have a Lt Commander Command / Universal instead of the Lt Commander Command / Engineering? This little Change would make the Ship allready Interesting for EVERYONE, Only ******* would Complain about such a Change. :rolleyes:
    edited January 2015
    How and WHY should People Complain, if the Ship would have a Lt Commander Command / Universal instead of the Lt Commander Command / Engineering? This little Change would make the Ship allready Interesting for EVERYONE, Only ******* would Complain about such a Change. :rolleyes:
    Or complain that it's OP..... which... yeah it kinda would be.

Or complain that they hate cruisers.....

Or... well you get the idea.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited January 2015
    Or complain that it's OP..... which... yeah it kinda would be.

Or complain that they hate cruisers.....

Or... well you get the idea.

if making that Station a Universal would make it OP...than the Dyson Science Destroyer must be a ULTRA OP Ship O_o and People who absolutely dont want to Fly Cruiser....can just Skip it, but for everyone else this change would make this Ship Interesting, right now its only Interesting for People who want to fly a Tank....and thats just SAD.:mad:
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Noob question: how long does the event last, that is how long do I have to grind?

For the Winter event they listed start and ending dates, I don't see that in the FAQ:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9064093

I gather I'll need to play the minigame 15 times for 600 qm's plus do the mission for 400. The lockout for the minigame is daily so hopefully it's more than just 15 days.
  • cem3212cem3212 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As already been stated & I have not seen it in-game yet, but that Kobali Samsar is a hell of a awesome ship design!!!

Accolades to whomever(s) did that.

Other ship designs I like, but it's been awhile since I was "wow" by viewing a ship design.

Well done ... now to just try to earn one.

I'm guessing the event will be at least (25) days given previous years experience.

They like to offer a little bit of wiggle room in-case players annot play everyday.
  • postmaster500postmaster500 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Will this event ship be treated similarly to the winter ships, as in one character needs 1000 Qmarks to unlock, while all your alts get a discount after it's unlocked?
  • misatokmisatok Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Quote: A: Yes. It will be reduced to only require 40 Anniversary Q-mendations on your other characters.
    Just M.